EV ComponentsEDTA promotes the full supply chain for electric drive technologies. Common vehicle components include: battery packs, traction motors, motor controllers, and electronics. EDTA also promotes the infrastructure supply chain and other stakeholders from the electric drive industry.
"Electric motors are four times more efficient than today’s [Internal Combustion Engines], ICEs" (First Quadrennial Technology Review)
"Inverters and electric motors convert electricity into physical power that moves the EV [...] costs [for these parts] have decreased by 35% over the past five years" (First Quadrennial Technology Review)
"155,000 Americans were employed by suppliers of clean and efficient vehicle components in 2011" (Supplying Ingenuity)
>> For more information and to access the original reports, please register as an associate for free.
- Advanced Energy Acquires Solvix SA FORT COLLINS, Colo., Nov. 15, 2012 —Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq:AEIS) today announced that it has acquired Solvix SA, a privately held company based in Villaz-Saint-Pierre, Switzerland. A manufacturer of power supplies for the surface treatment and thin films industry, Solvix...
- Delphi Introduces New, Broad Connection System Capabilities, Expanded Global Footprint Delphi buys FCI: Integration of Motorized Vehicles Division of FCI solidifies position as premier connector supplier
- Ford, University of Michigan Launch Student Contest for Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communications Innovation Vehicle-to-vehicle communications by Ford: Ford and the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute (UMTRI) are partnering on a competition for undergraduate students to develop innovative applications that enhance vehicle safety and sustainability by using Vehicle-to-Vehicle communications; Multidisciplinary teams of students from across the Midwest will be encouraged to develop new and innovative applications that benefit all road users and all forms of transit; cars, commercial vehicles, transit buses, motorcycles, bicycles and pedestrians; This fall, the UMTRI and the U.S. Department of Transportation launched a year-long program that establishes a real world test site in Ann Arbor, Mich. to enable wireless communications among vehicles and roadside equipment for use in developing future safety measures and technologies, including vehicles equipped by Ford and other automobile manufacturers
- New global electric vehicles to feature Delphi award winning sound generator Delphi technology presented 'Best of 2012 Innovation Award' from 'Initiative Mittelstand' in Germany
- UQM Technologies announces strategic alliance in China to broaden its global customer base UQM now has customers on four continents; All-electric and hybrid vehicle sales in China are projected to reach 5M units by 2020
- Dow Kokam powers LUMENEO’S new ultra-compact electric vehicle Dow Kokam provides energy-dense lithium-ion batteries to bring NEOMA from concept to reality
- Magna Is All About Efficiency at IAA 2012 Automotive supplier showcases innovations in lightweight frame and hybrid technology for commercial vehicles
- Smart connectivity: the automobile evolves again NB: this story by Leo McCloskey, Vice President, Marketing at Airbiquity was initially published in automotiveworld . Monday, September 17, 2012 - Without discounting the real value of rapid, informed emergency responder services, the car phone of 1992 could...
- Odyne Systems, LLC to Showcase Plug-In Hybrid Systems for Medium and Heavy Duty Trucks in Booth 709 at HTUF Odyne’s Advanced Hybrid Propulsion System Featured On a Ford Chassis Reduces Fuel Consumption By Up To 50%
- Johnson Controls globally recognized by Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes Johnson Controls is one of a few select companies in the auto parts sector lauded for its sustainability efforts by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- New global electric vehicles to feature Delphi award winning sound generator EV sound: Delphi technology presented 'Best of 2012 Innovation Award' from 'Initiative Mittelstand' in Germany for Delphi Automotive's innovative Vehicle Sound Generator for electric vehicles
- Head of Nissan's eMotor Production Pledges Zero Waste at Home and Work DECHERD, Tenn. – It isn't everyday that you find a 30-year-old engineer leading a first-of-its-kind sustainability project for one of the world's leading automotive brands. Coral Kanies, manager of electric motor production at Nissan, has a personal passion for...
- UQM Technologies Will Display All-new PowerPhase HD® Drive System at 2012 HTUF The most powerful electric motor launched by UQM for the commercial vehicle market
- OnStar to Offer Services in Mexico in 2013 DETROIT – OnStar is expanding to offer its integrated safety, security and navigation services in Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicles sold in Mexico sometime in 2013, joining the United States, Canada and China as countries where the services will be available. ...
- Enova Systems to Display at EVS26, SDGE 7th Annual Energy Showcase and ACT 2012 Expo TORRANCE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Enova Systems, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: ENA) (AIM: ENV) (AIM: ENVS), a leading developer of proprietary hybrid electric and all-electric drive systems and drive system components for the emerging green commercial vehicle market, is pleased to announce that it...
- ALTe Powertrain Technologies and Club Assist Announce Development Project on Plug-In Electric Hybrid Powertrain for Fleets ALTe Powertrain Technologies, developer of the first range-extended plug-in electric hybrid powertrain for light commercial fleet vehicle applications, and Club Assist, the leading supplier of mobile, car electric and road services to motoring clubs worldwide, today announced a joint development project to study ALTe’s powertrain technology in Club Assist’s fleet.