"Buying electricity [to be used in an electric vehicle] is approximately equivalent to buying gasoline at $1 per gallon" (Plugging-In)
"The U.S. average annual residential electricity consumption is 12,231 kWh, while the Chevy Volt's annual electricity consumption is only 1,890 kWh" (Marrying Electric Transportation to the Electric System)
"73 percent of the nation's light vehicles could be recharged with existing excess utility capacity" (Impacts Assessment)
"Approximately 160 million vehicles in the United States could be powered solely from existing off-peak generating capacity" (How the Smart Grid Enables Utilities to Integrate Electric Vehicles)
"Increasing the electricity cost by 100% (from $0.12 to $0.24 per kWh) increases the net present cost of an EV relative to a conventional gasoline powered vehicle by $1,606, but raising gas prices by 100% (from $3.75 to $7.50 per gallon) increases the net present cost of a conventional vehicle by $6,453" (Will Electric Cars Transform the U.S. Vehicle Market?)
>> For more information and to access the original reports, please register as an associate for free.
- Toronto Hydro introduces the first urban community energy storage project The Evolution of a Battery - From a Car to Your Home TORONTO — January 21, 2013 - A consortium led by eCAMION Inc. (“eCAMION”) with Toronto Hydro-Electric System Limited (“Toronto Hydro”), the University of Toronto, and Dow Kokam LLC has unveiled the first energy storage system...
- Advanced Energy Acquires Solvix SA FORT COLLINS, Colo., Nov. 15, 2012 —Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq:AEIS) today announced that it has acquired Solvix SA, a privately held company based in Villaz-Saint-Pierre, Switzerland. A manufacturer of power supplies for the surface treatment and thin films industry, Solvix...
- CODA Energy Teams up with Stem in Deployment of Smart Energy Optimization System at the InterContinental Hotels of San Francisco Energy Optimization Solutions from Stem Including a Battery-Based CODA Core™ Helps Two Landmark Hotels Efficiently Manage Renewable Electricity Usage and Demands
- Report 2012: The Future of the -2011 The Future of the Electric Grid, MIT - 2011
- Utilities Prepare to Power Up at Electric Vehicle Symposium in Los Angeles Innovative utility companies will be featured during the 26th International Electric Vehicle Symposium (EVS26) in Los Angeles at the L.A. Convention Center. Theodore F. Craver, Jr., chairman, president and CEO of Edison International, will be speaking at the opening plenary, along with other utility and infrastructure experts throughout the symposium. Contact: Environics for EVS26 | Kelly Mack | +1 (202) 296-2002 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- GreenChoice® Subscribers Recognized for Commitment to Renewable Energy Austin Mayor Lee Leffingwell and the Austin City Council today (April 5) recognized subscribers to Austin Energy’s GreenChoice® program for their help in establishing the most successful voluntary green power program in the nation.
- Report 2011: The Utility Guide to - EEI - Nov-2011 The Utility Guide to Plug-in Electric Vehicle Readiness, Edison Electric Institute in collaboration with EDTA - November 1, 2011
- Report 2011: Electricity sector overview Electricity Sector Overview, PEW Center on Golbal Climate Change - June 2011
- Report 2011: Energy efficiency resource standards - June 2011 Energy Efficiency Resource Standards: State and Utility Strategies for Higher Energy Savings, American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy - June 2011
- Report 2011: Electricity Storage, Technologies and - June 2011 Electricity Storage: Technology and Regulation, National Regulatory Research Institute - June 2011
- Report 2011: Public Opinion on Electric - 2-Feb-2011