HydrogenHydrogen is used as the energy source for fuel cells. A fuel cell combines hydrogen fuel and oxygen to produce electricity, which is used to power an electric motor.
"Air Products reports 347,000 hydrogen fuelings per year" (Fuel Cells in America)
>> For more information and to access the original reports, please register as an associate for free.
- Toyota powers-up first of its kind stationary fuel cell TORRANCE, Calif., Oct. 17, 2012 – Furthering its commitment to alternative energy and the environment, Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. (TMS) activated today a new 1.1-megawatt hydrogen fuel cell generator on the Torrance headquarters campus. The fuel cell will supply approximately half of...
- Energy Department announces $1 million to evaluate technology pathways for cost-competitive hydrogen fuel In support of the Obama Administration's all-of-the-above energy strategy, the Energy Department announced today new funding to evaluate the most promising technology paths toward achieving $2 to $4 per gallon gasoline equivalent (gge) of hydrogen fuel or less by 2020. The funding will...
- Hyundai provides zero-emissions hydrogen fuel cell ix35 to municipality of Copenhagen 15 Vehicles to be delivered in spring 2013; Toward a carbon-free Danish capital by 2025
- 2013 Hydrogen Student Design Contest to Develop Fueling Infrastructure Plan for Northeast U.S. The 9th Annual Hydrogen Student Design Contest will challenge student teams to create a plan to implement a hydrogen infrastructure in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic. Building on the recently unveiled California Road Map for hydrogen fueling stations to support fuel cell electric...
- DOE live Webcast on Accelerating Innovation: Energy Storage Webinar from the Department of Energy about using cryotanks to store hydrogen when used as a vehicle fuel; research in technologies including: lithium ion batteries, electrochromic windows, the fabrication of nano-architecture electrodes for electrochemical systems, and surface atomic modification of electrode materials to improve performance.
- New Energy Department Report Shows Strong Growth in the Fuel Cell Market in 2011 2011 Fuel Cell Technologies Market Report DOE report: Commercial markets for fuel cell technologies expanded significantly over 2011. Continued growth is forecasted through 2012.
- Report 2011: State of the states - June 2011 State of the States: Fuel Cells in America, Fuel Cells 2000 - June 2011
- Report 2011: Germany, Alternative Drives - April 2011 Germany: Alternative Drives - Hybrid, Electric and Fuel Cell Technology Vehicles, U.S. Department of Commerce - April 2011