"73 percent of the nation's light vehicles could be recharged with existing excess utility capacity" (Impacts Assessment)
"Approximately 160 million vehicles in the United States could be powered solely from existing off-peak generating capacity" (How the Smart Grid Enables Utilities to Integrate Electric Vehicles)
"The U.S. average annual residential electricity consumption is 12,231 kWh, while the Chevy Volt's annual electricity consumption is only 1,890 kWh" (Marrying Electric Transportation to the Electric System)
"Oak Ridge National Laboratory estimates that with 25% PEV penetration, on-peak charging could require 150+ new power plants, while off-peak charging could require 0-8 new power plants" (Plug-In Electric Vehicles and Infrastructure)
>> For more information and to access the original reports, please register as an associate for free.
- Electric Power Industry Optimistic As It Prepares for 2013 NEW YORK - February 06, 2013 - In their annual state-of-the-industry address before Wall Street, Edison Electric Institute (EEI) President Thomas R. Kuhn and other members of the EEI leadership team said that the nation’s electric power industry—which is fueled by strong financial...
- Electric Light & Power names Southern Company Utility of the Year ATLANTA, January 28, 2013 - Electric Light & Power magazine has designated Southern Company its Utility of the Year for the company's demonstrated leadership in the electric utility industry in 2012. Southern Company Chairman, President and CEO Thomas A. Fanning accepted the award...
- Duke Energy Renewables completes Notrees Battery Storage Project in Texas; North America's largest battery storage project at a wind farm Charlotte, NC - January 23, 2013 - Duke Energy Renewables, part of Duke Energy’s Commercial Businesses, announced today the completion of its 36-megawatt (MW) energy storage and power management system at its Notrees Windpower Project in west Texas. The system completed testing and became...
- EEI Survey Shows Transmission and Distribution Investment WASHINGTON - Thursday, December 20, 2012 - New survey results from Edison Electric Institute (EEI) show that shareholder-owned electric utilities and stand-alone transmission companies invested a record $30.3 billion in the nation's transmission and distribution infrastructure in...
- Austin Energy gets $500,000 to lead alternative vehicle efforts; releases plan to promote plug-in electric vehicles in Central Texas November 27, 2012 -- Austin Energy has received an additional $500,000 in funding from the U.S. Department of Energy to continue to lead plug-in electric vehicle adoption efforts in Central Texas and also to coordinate with natural gas vehicle initiatives. Austin Energy is a...
- Hydro-Québec launches experimental project on plug-in vehicles and the power grid (V2G-V2H) GRIDbot Canada selected to build an advanced bidirectional charging station
- GSA Vehicle to Grid Announcement The Department of Defense (DOD) anticipates that it will be seeking sources capable of supplying goods and services for a Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) program for various DOD installations throughout the United States.
- Intertek offers testing for environmental influences on Lithium-Ion Batteries (Li-Ion) and battery management systems for electric vehicles Intertek, a leading provider of quality and safety solutions serving a wide range of industries around the world, today announces the expansion of its service portfolio through a new E-Mobility testing laboratory at its Kaufbeuren (Germany) location.
- Delphi to Develop Innovative Manufacturing Technology With $3.7 Million Grant From U.S. Department of Energy Grant to fund development of innovative gasoline direct injection manufacturing process at company’s Rochester, N.Y. operations
- A123 Systems Introduces Breakthrough Lithium Ion Battery Technology That Optimizes Performance in Extreme Temperatures A123 Systems (Nasdaq:AONE), a developer and manufacturer of advanced Nanophosphate® lithium iron phosphate batteries and systems, today introduced Nanophosphate EXT™, a new lithium ion battery technology capable of operating at extreme temperatures without requiring thermal management.
- Solar Power Darkest Before - May-2012 Solar Power: Darkest Before Dawn, McKinsey & Company - May, 2012
- Report 2012: An Action Plan To - Mar-2012 An Action Plan to Integrate Plug-In Electrical Vehicles with the U.S. Electrical Grid, Center for Climate and Energy Solutions - March, 2012
- Nissan and Nichicon to Launch the "LEAF to Home" Power Supply System with "EV Power Station" Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. will launch the "LEAF to Home" power supply system, which can supply electricity from batteries onboard in Nissan LEAF electric vehicles (EV) to homes when used with the "EV Power Station" unit developed by Nichicon Corporation. "LEAF to Home" is an industry first backup power supply system that can transmit the electricity stored in the large-capacity batteries of Nissan LEAFs to a residential home.
- Report 2012: Impact of Electric Vehicle Charging - 6-May-2012 A First Look at the Impact of Electric Vehicle Charging on the Electric Grid in The EV Project, EVS26 , May 06, 2012
- Report 2012: The Future of the -2011 The Future of the Electric Grid, MIT - 2011
- Ford, Microsoft Tout Focus Electric Technologies as the Future of More Affordable, Efficient Transportation Ford and Microsoft appearing this week at the Future in Review Conference (FiRe) – a forum for leading technology experts – to demonstrate how the new 2012 Focus Electric's technologies can help address future global transportation challenges Source: PR Newswire (http://s.tt/1cDKD)
- EDTA Hosts EVS26 in Los Angeles: EVS is the largest electric drive conference series in the world The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) hosted the 26th Electric Vehicle Symposium in Los Angeles from May 6-9. EVS26: Great Minds Think Electric, brought more than 5,000 people from 47 countries, and international press, to California, the largest market for electric drive transportation.
- Club Assist Puts the “Green” in Electric Vehicle Roadside Assistance with WORLD FIRST “Lithium” Mobile EV Charger Stranded Electric Vehicle Motorists Can Now Put to Rest Range and Environmental Concerns
- Audi R18 e-tron quattro: heading for Le Mans with all-wheel drive In a month from now a prestigious success will be at stake for Audi. On June 16/17, a hybrid vehicle could be winning the Le Mans 24 Hours for the first time.
- Report: Utility Perspectives on PEV Readiness: Electricity as a Transportation Fuel Edison Electric Institute
- Utilities Prepare to Power Up at Electric Vehicle Symposium in Los Angeles Innovative utility companies will be featured during the 26th International Electric Vehicle Symposium (EVS26) in Los Angeles at the L.A. Convention Center. Theodore F. Craver, Jr., chairman, president and CEO of Edison International, will be speaking at the opening plenary, along with other utility and infrastructure experts throughout the symposium. Contact: Environics for EVS26 | Kelly Mack | +1 (202) 296-2002 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Report 2012: California Zero Emissions Vehicle Plan -23-Mar-2012 UC Davis Institute of Transportation Studies
- Report 2012: Action Plan to Integrate Plug-in Electric Vehicles with the U.S. Electrical Grid -01-Mar-2012 Center for Climate and Energy Solutions
- Report 2011: The Utility Guide to - EEI - Nov-2011 The Utility Guide to Plug-in Electric Vehicle Readiness, Edison Electric Institute in collaboration with EDTA - November 1, 2011
- Report 2011: Utility Guide to Plug-in Electric Vehicle Readiness -01-Nov-2011 Edison Electric Institute
- Report 2011: Assessing Readiness for Electric Vehicle Charging - October 2011 National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Report 2011: Electricity Storage, Technologies and - June 2011 Electricity Storage: Technology and Regulation, National Regulatory Research Institute - June 2011
- Report 2011: Energy efficiency resource standards - June 2011 Energy Efficiency Resource Standards: State and Utility Strategies for Higher Energy Savings, American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy - June 2011
- Report 2011: Electricity sector overview Electricity Sector Overview, PEW Center on Golbal Climate Change - June 2011
- Report 2011: Public Opinion on Electric - 2-Feb-2011