EV Friendly Communities
"Walgreens announced plans to offer EV charging stations at approximately 800 locations across the country" (Walgreens)
"Today, 64% of all travel kilometers made are urban" (The Future of Urban Mobility)
>> For more information and to access the original reports, please register as an associate for free.
- Report 2011: The future of urban mobililty - Oct 2011 The Future of Urban Mobility, Arthur D. Little - October 1, 2011
- Report 2011: Travel 2020 Panel Discussion - Dec 2011 Travel 2020 Panel Discussion: Urban Mobility Trends Driving a New Era of Travel Solutions, Frost & Sullivan - December 2011
- EDTA media teleconference: What Makes an EV-Friendly Community? Feb. 24, 2012 - What Makes an EV-Friendly Community? Electric Drive Transportation Association Says Local Adoption of Electric Cars is Charging Ahead
- EDTA on Executive Order to Help Bring 1.5 Million Zero-Emission Vehicles Onto California’s Roads “Governor Brown’s Executive Order is a welcome show of leadership in the electrification of the California fleet and will help to speed the deployment of plug-in electric vehicles and public charging infrastructure”, said Brian Wynne, President of the Electric Drive Transportation Association.
- Energy Department Announces Up to $4 Million to Develop Wireless Chargers for Electric Vehicles Energy Secretary Steven Chu today announced up to $4 million available this year to accelerate the development and deployment of wireless charging systems for electric vehicles (EVs). Developing wireless charging systems for light-duty EVs could accelerate the adoption of these energy efficient vehicles by making them more convenient to charge, both at home and away. The Administration's investments in electric vehicles are part of a comprehensive strategy to reduce America's reliance on foreign oil and help protect American families and businesses from spikes in oil prices.
- Fast Track: Electric Car Drivers Invited to Drive Indy 500 Raceway Electric car owners often enjoy fast access to HOV lanes but on Sunday, May 12 they can experience the excitement of driving their car on the historic Indianapolis Motor Speedway as part of its EV Rally. The EV Rally is being co-promoted by the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) and its GoElectricDrive.com consumer education initiative.
- Report 2012: EV City Casebook - May 2012 EV City Casebook: A Look at the Global Electric Vehicle Movement, RMI, EVI, IEA - May 2012
- EVS26 presentation from DOE Assistant Secretary for Policy & International Affairs David Sandalow DOE Assistant Secretary for Policy & International Affairs on how the US transportation sector depends on oil, the President's plan, the Recovery Act, EV Everywhere, and other Federal programs and initiatives.
- 2012 Presentation Tiago Farias Lisbon at EVS26 9-May
- EDTA Hosts EVS26 in Los Angeles: EVS is the largest electric drive conference series in the world The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) hosted the 26th Electric Vehicle Symposium in Los Angeles from May 6-9. EVS26: Great Minds Think Electric, brought more than 5,000 people from 47 countries, and international press, to California, the largest market for electric drive transportation.