EV Charging StationsThere are three ways to charge your EV: Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 charging. Using an electric car charging station means a new way to fuel. The convenience of electric car chargers can reduce or even eliminate your trips to the gas station. Per mile, filling up a plug-in electric vehicle costs four to five times less than filling up at the gas station.
"The U.S. has now over 10,000 public charging stations" (Department of Energy)
"The U.S. market for supply and installation of residential charging points alone is expected to reach almost $1 billion by 2020" (Electric Vehicles: Reducing Foreign Oil Dependence)
>> For more information and to access the original reports, please register as an associate for free.
- "2012 Green GOOD DESIGN" award and "Automotive Brand Award 2012": Mercedes-Benz and smart pick up a string of high-class design awards Stuttgart – Mercedes-Benz and smart build the most exciting vehicles: this is the conclusion suggested by the results of the latest design competitions. With the "2012 Green GOOD DESIGN" award, the "Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and Design" has paid tribute to the one-off Mercedes-Benz BIOME and smart forvision vehicles, as well as the smart ebike.
- "BOmobil" EV, designed with the participation of Delphi, on display at the eCarTec show ‘BOmobil’ meets the demands of small and medium-sized enterprises in the field of local transport services
- $20 Million in Incentives for Climate-Friendly Heavy-Duty Hybrids Available Online Today World-Leading Project Will Speed Adoption and Use of Advanced Fuel-Saving, Low Emission Trucks and Buses
- $5,000,000 Available for Environmentally Preferred Power Systems Technologies Program Opportunity Notice (PON) 1670: Environmentally Preferred Power Systems Technologies Proposals Due: by 5:00 PM Eastern Time Due Date: December 10, 2009 NYSERDA seeks proposals to support the development, demonstration, and commercialization of environmentally...
- 'Balance Needed' Say Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Leaders in US Senate Briefing To underscore the commitments from industry, in just the last few months, many automakers have announced that they will commercialize fuel cell vehicles in 2015 in the regions that have hydrogen stations.
- (Market) Share of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles, JD Power & Associates - April 27, 2011 (Market) Share of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles, JD Power & Associates - April 27, 2011
- 1-Sep-2011 GoTo meeting information A presentation will be available via webcast at https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/125972266 "GoTo" meeting ID : 125-972-266 "GoTo" meeting password: electric
- 100% electric Nissan LEAF joins the daily rental market in Paris and London with Europcar Feb 13, 2012 - Nissan and Europcar announced today that Nissan LEAF, the award-winning 100% electric car, will be available to hire on short term rental in two of the busiest capital cities in the world: Paris and London.
- 11 BYD e6s arrive at US Los Angeles, CA - February 20, 2013 - Feb 19th in the morning, 11 BYD e6s arrive at US, we took the BYD ebus to pick them up. After floating on the sea for over one month, the e6s were covered by dust. But with the ebus leading ahead, 11 e6s following behind, our pure electric fleet attracted...
- 115 MPGe Honda Accord Plug-In Hybrid, Most Fuel-Efficient Sedan in America, Now Available at Select New York and California Dealerships Accord Plug-In first vehicle to qualify for SULEV20 emissions standard January 21, 2013 - The 2014 Honda Accord Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle , rated by the EPA at 115 MPGe 1 in all electric mode, making it the most fuel-efficient sedan in America, went on-sale at select New...
- 2009 Operating Plan
- 2009 Operating Plan: Ushering in a New Administration and a New Congress
- 2010 Honda Insight EX Earns Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) TOP SAFETY PICK Award for 2009 The 2010 Honda Insight EX earned the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety 2009 TOP SAFETY PICK Award, the organization's highest honor.
- 2010 Prius Plug-in Hybrid Debuts at Frankfurt Motor Show Based on the third-generation Prius, the PHV Concept expands Toyota’s Hybrid Synergy Drive technology, utilizing first generation lithium-ion battery technology and enabling electric operation at higher speeds and longer distances than conventional hybrids.
- 2011 EDTA Conference: An Earth Week Event President Obama has identified electric vehicles as an essential component of U.S. efforts to reduce oil imports by one-third over the next ten years. Conference speakers representing policy, industry and consumer perspectives will address industry progress and potential growth in keynote and breakout sessions.
- 2011 EDTA Policy Action Plan
- 2012 Chevrolet Volt Cleared for California’s Carpool Lanes Feb. 23, 2012 - A low emission model of the 2012 Chevrolet Volt electric car are on their way to California, where customers will qualify for a $1,500 state rebate and be allowed to drive solo in the state’s carpool lanes.
- 2012 Honda CR-Z Sport Hybrid Coupe Recognized by USAA as a Best Value USAA's 'Best Value' list focuses on cost, safety and reliability
- 2012 Mitsubishi i Named #1 on American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) Annual Feb 15, 2012 - Mitsubishi Motors Corporation, (MMC), and the 2012 Mitsubishi i – the all-new North American relative to the i-MiEV 100% electric-powered vehicle (EV) – have taken the top spot on the coveted American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) 14th annual "Greenest Vehicles" list, a comprehensive environmental ranking for production vehicles.
- 2012 Mitsubishi i Named a 10 Best Green Car by Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) has seen its breakthrough 100% electric-powered 2012 Mitsubishi receive yet another prestigious accolade with today's announcement by Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com that the Japanese auto manufacturer's all-new EV has made its "10 Best Green Cars of 2012" list.
- 2012 Presentation Bob Carter Toyota at EVS26 06-May Toyota Motor Sales, Inc. Group Vice President and General Manager on Toyota's electrification strategy including past successes, current stance, and upcoming vehicles
- 2012 Presentation David Sandalow DOE at EVS26 06-May DOE Assistant Secretary for Policy & International Affairs on how the US transportation sector depends on oil, the President's plan, the Recovery Act, EV Everywhere, and other Federal programs and initiatives.
- 2012 Presentation Tiago Farias Lisbon at EVS26 9-May
- 2012 Report - KPMG - Global Automotive Executive Survey - Jan-2012 Global Automotive Executive Survey, KPMG , January 2012
- 2012 Report - Policy priorities for advancing... - Carnegie - Sep-2012 Carnegie report on policies to accelerate EV adoption in the U.S., by Deborah Gordon, Daniel Sperling, and David Livingston.
- 2012 Report Electric Drive by 25 10-Sep-2012 How electric vehicles will create opportunities for specific sectors of the business community and how policy-makers can facilitate those opportunities. UCLA School of Law’s Environmental Law Center & Emmett Center on Climate Change and the Environment and UC Berkeley School of Law’s Center for Law, Energy & the Environment. The author of this policy paper is Ethan N. Elkind, Bank of America Climate Policy Associate for UCLA School of Law’s Environmental Law Center & Emmett Center on Climate Change and the Environment and UC Berkeley School of Law’s Center for Law, Energy & the Environment (CLEE).
- 2012 Report Low Carbon Transportation - Oak Ridge Lab - 04-Sep-2012 Low Carbon Transportation a crucial link to economic and energy security. Presentation from David Green of Oak Ridge National Lab to California Air Resources Board.
- 2012 Report McKinsey Battery Jul-2012 New research suggests that the price of lithium-ion batteries could fall dramatically by 2020, creating conditions for the widespread adoption of electrified vehicles in some markets.
- 2012 Report McKinsey EV China Apr-2012 Recharging China’s electric vehicle aspirations, McKinsey – April 2012
- 2012 Report The EV Project 2nd Quarter 09-Aug-2012 2nd Quarter 2012 report for The EV Project from ECOtality
- 2012 Report WCOG Oct-2012 Electric vehicles in metropolitan Washington, Understanding the region's current EV readiness and options for expanding their use, Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments - October 2012
- 2012 Toyota RAV4 EV - Safety Practices and Standards Watch how Toyota engineers bring our safety practices and standards to a whole new high voltage level.
- 2012 Toyota RAV4 EV - Smart Energy Management Watch Toyota's latest "behind the scenes" video to find out how engineers saved energy -- and ultimately range -- while designing the new 2012 Toyota RAV4 EV.
- 2012 Toyota U.S. Year in Review TORRANCE, Calif., Dec. 29, 2012 – As the U.S. auto industry heads into a new year, Toyota looks back at a tremendous year of growth and accomplishments in 2012. Here are some of the highlights: Toyota is a member of the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA)...
- 2013 Chevrolet Volt Boosts EV Range to 38 Miles Battery storage capacity increase and cell chemistry changes enable improved range
- 2013 Fiat 500e Offers Unsurpassed 108 Highway MPGe Rating and Class-Leading 87 Miles of Driving Range Industry-best 108 MPGe highway rating Best-in-class EPA combined city/highway estimated driving range of 87 miles Unsurpassed frugality with EPA-estimated annual fuel-equivalent cost of $500 EPA fuel consumption rate of just 29 kilowatt hours (kWh) per 100 miles Fiat 500e arrives...
- 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid: active noise cancellation helps deliver quiet fuel efficiency Ford Fusion: All-new 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid delivers EPA-certified 47 mpg city and 47 mpg highway for a 47 mpg combined rating, with Active Noise Cancellation technology; Fusion Hybrid engineers tuned the gasoline engine more efficiently in rpm ranges that typically produce unpleasant powertrain sounds, now suppressed by an advanced noise cancellation system to give driver and passengers a quiet ride
- 2013 Honda Civic Debuts at L.A. Auto Show Packed with Additional Features, Cementing its Class-Leading Status Pricing announced for January debut of Accord Plug-In with class-leading MPGe, Accord Hybrid due next summer; Auto show debuts for 2013 Crosstour and CR-Z
- 2013 Honda CR-Z Sport Hybrid Coupe Gets Performance Enhancements, Fresh Styling and Host of Feature Upgrades Manual-transmission hybrid; Hybrid from Honda; hybrid with a stick shift; The only manual-transmission hybrid for sale in the U.S. adds more horsepower and value to its efficient, fun-to-drive appeal
- 2013 Honda Fit EV Rated by the EPA at 118 MPGe; Receives Best-Ever Consumption Rating of 29 kWh/100mi The 2013 Honda Fit EV tops all other EV offerings in efficiency ratings, providing the most mileage for your electric dollar
- 2013 Honda Insight Pricing and EPA Data Sep. 17, 2012 - Model Transmission MSRP* EPA** City/Hwy/Combined MPG Insight CVT 1 $18,500 41/44/42 Insight LX CVT $20,275 41/44/42 Insight EX CVT $21,965 41/44/42...
- 2013 Hydrogen Student Design Contest to Develop Fueling Infrastructure Plan for Northeast U.S. The 9th Annual Hydrogen Student Design Contest will challenge student teams to create a plan to implement a hydrogen infrastructure in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic. Building on the recently unveiled California Road Map for hydrogen fueling stations to support fuel cell electric...
- 2013 Policy Action Plan ETDA Action Plan for 113th Congress
- 2013 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Product Information Click here to download this article . >> Read more news articles
- 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid: efficiency without sacrifice The latest member of the Jetta family is the antidote to the common hybrid: fun to drive, yet frugal and competitively priced • Best fuel economy in the Jetta range, with manufacturer estimated highway mileage of 45 mpg • Starting price for Jetta Hybrid is $24,995: entry-level model includes standard premium features such as Bluetooth® technology and dual-zone climate control • The only turbocharged engine and dual-clutch transmission in the compact hybrid class • Best acceleration; sportiest handling; most rear-seat legroom; and largest trunk in compact sedan hybrid class • Exclusive Fender® Premium Audio System provides world-class audio in the Jetta Hybrid SEL Premium • Jetta range now extended to five different powertrains, providing a German-engineered compact sedan for everyone
- 24th AVL Conference Engine and Environment in Graz 95 – 70 – 50 CO 2 /km – evolution or revolution? Over 300 experts from 18 nations attended the 24 th AVL conference yet, “Engine & Environment”, which was held on 13 th and 14 th September 2012 in Graz. Lecturers of high standing from the automotive...
- 2GreenEnergy: Interview with EDTA President Brian Wynne Brian Wynne's interview with Craig Shields of 2GreenEnergy covers the state of the EV industry, renewable energy and continued efforts in Washington for electric drive support.
- 34-Year GM Veteran Joins AMP Electric Vehicle Team AMP Holding Inc., a company engaged in the emission-free electrification of OEM vehicles, announced today the hiring of Mr. John Gatt as a consultant.
- 350Green 350Green installs and operates a national network of electric vehicle chargers. The plan is designed around installation of public chargers, making them more accessible to drivers in urban settings.
- 350Green Announces First Public Retail Fast Charging Station in State of California, at Stanford Shopping Center 350Green, a developer of electric vehicle (EV) charging station networks, announced today the first public retail fast charging station in the State of California.
- 350Green joins the Electric Drive Transportation Association Nov. 21, 2011 - Washington, DC—November 21, 2011—The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) — the preeminent industry association dedicated to advancing electric drive as a core technology on the road to sustainable mobility —today announced that 350Green has joined the Association.
- 365 Energy brings Coulomb Technologies intelligent charging stations for e-mobility to Norway Norwegian energy supplier Eidsiva commenced operation of the first ‘intelligent’ charging station for electric vehicles in Gjøvik (Oppland Province), which is supplied by Coulomb Technologies.
- 365 Energy Installs First Coulomb ChargePoint Networked Charging Stations for Ireland’s Electric Supply Board 365 Energy has announced the installation of the first Coulomb ChargePoint Networked Charging Stations in Dublin, Ireland. The charging stations were provided to Ireland’s Electric Supply Board (ESB) and recently went live in the Dublin city centre. The installation of these charging stations is only the beginning of Ireland’s nationwide e-mobility infrastructure initiative.
- 4,400 Chevrolet Volt Owners to be Eligible for Free Home Charging Stations The first buyers of the Chevrolet Volt electric vehicle with extended-range capability will be eligible for one of 4,400 free home charging stations. The program will provide Volt owners with a 240-volt charge station from either ECOtality, Inc. or Coulomb Technologies.
- 40 years of electric mobility at the BMW Group. From the BMW 1602 to the BMW i3. December 10, 2012 -- When the first production version of the BMW i3 rolls off the assembly line in Leipzig in late 2013, it will mark the provisional culmination of 40 years of development work at BMW. It all began at the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich, where the BMW starting line-up included two...
- 48% of Consumers Interested in Purchasing a Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle According to a new survey from Pike Research, prospective consumer interest in the category is solid, with 48% stating that they would be “extremely” or “very” interested in purchasing a PHEV with a 40-mile range on a single charge.
- 50 hydrogen filling stations for Germany: Federal Ministry of Transportation and industrial partners build nationwide network of filling stations The German Ministry of Transport, Building and Urban Development (BMVBS) and several industrial companies today signed a joint Letter of Intent to expand the network of hydrogen filling stations in Germany. By 2015, Germany will have a supply network of at least 50 public filling stations.
- 54.5 MPG and Beyond: Fueling Energy-Efficient Vehicles This post was initially published on the U.S. Department of Energy blog here For many, refueling their vehicle can be disappointing. It's the only activity where consumers watch the cost add up, dollar by dollar, quickly eating up disposable income. And much of that money goes right...
- 6,000 New Electric Vehicle Users in First 100 Days of car2go Service in San Diego Mar. 8, 2012 - car2go North America LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Daimler North America Corporation, announced today successful operations for its first 100 days in San Diego, CA.
- 911 GT3 R Hybrid to World Debut in Geneva This innovative hybrid technology has been developed especially for racing, differentiating itself from conventional hybrid systems by way of its configuration and components.
- Azo CleanTech EDTA to Present International EV Symposium in Los Angeles in May 2012 "The EVS26 international symposium is the most important conference across the world, on electric vehicles and aiding solutions including chargers, batteries and fuel cells."
- Bloomberg Flex-Fuel Cars Find Few Pumps, Chargers Aplenty: BGOV Barometer "The number of charging stations available today is “a good start,” said Brian Wynne, president of the Electric Drive Transportation Association."
- E&E TV EDTA's Wynne addresses technological, financial hurdles facing electric vehicle industry "Americans paid $448 billion for gasoline this year. That's $100 billion more than we paid in the last year. Think of what we could do, think of what that's doing to our economy."
- E&E TV The must-go-to EVents in 2012 "EVS 26, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 6-9 May 2012: EVS is the largest electric drive exhibition in the world."
- Environment News Service U.S. Plans Innovation Center for Advanced Batteries EDTA President Brian Wynne said, "This center will be a critical partner with industry in advancing transformative electric drive technologies."
- GigaOm The green guide to CES 2012 "The GoElectricDrive Test Zone […] includes retailer Best Buy, electric charging company Coulomb Technologies, Mitsubishi Motors North America, Qualcomm and Siemens. In addition, Kia Motors plans to show off a new electric vehicle."
- HybridCars Study: EV Drivers Favored, Flex Fuel Discriminated Against "Brian Wynne, President of the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA), calls the number of charging stations available today “a good start.”"
- USA Today Are electric cars losing their spark? "Makers are selling every one they produce and coming new models will help offer more variety, cost-cutting scale and visibility for the fledgling industry."
- A Battery of Apps: OnStar Debuts Future EV Solutions New connected apps tackle range anxiety and public charging
- A Call to Calsonic Kansei SAITAMA, Japan – At the R&D Center and headquarters of supplier Calsonic Kansei, Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn expressed confidence in the company's growth and cost leadership, as the two work in tandem to keep production in Japan in check, from Nissan GT-Rs to EVs. Q1: Cost...
- A first announcement during the EV2012VE conference: Another step for CAA-Québec in The Electric Circuit Another step for CAA-Québec in the Electric Circuit
- A First in Eastern Québec: Auberge Internationale du Témiscouata Joins The Electric Circuit The founding partners of The Electric Circuit—Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert, RONA, METRO, the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) and Hydro-Québec—are pleased to announce the signing of a partnership agreement with Auberge Internationale du Témiscouata for the installation of a public charging station for electric vehicles in its parking lot by the end of September.
- A Greener FERC A Greener FERC: National Journal Interview with John Wellinghoff
- A Greener FERC: National Journal Interview with John Wellinghoff Download the National Journal PDF of the interview from April 3, 2009.
- A new BMW i concept vehicle will make its world debut and the BMW i8 concept roadster will make North American auto show debut at the 2012 Los Angeles International Auto Show BMW Will Also Make World Debut of the New BMW X1-based Concept, the BMW Concept K2 Powder Ride
- A Taste of Shanghai: Concepts, EVs, Crowds SHANGHAI - April 22, 2013 - Automakers are offering a cornucopia of choice for Chinese consumers and enthusiasts at Asia's top auto show in Shanghai. Nissan is a member of the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) http://www.electricdrive.org/ For Nissan,...
- A123 Energy Solutions Certifies Grid Battery System Safety with CE Marking Westborough, Mass .— May 13, 2013 — A123 Energy Solutions, a division of A123 Systems LLC, and developer and manufacturer of advanced energy storage systems using A123 Systems Nanophosphate® battery technology, today announced that its Long Duration Grid Battery System (GBS-LD) meets the...
- A123 Systems A123 Systems is the developer of a new generation of lithium-ion batteries that deliver previously unattainable power levels, safety and life to a wide range of applications. Committed to revolutionizing the way manufacturers design high power products, A123 Systems is working to develop advanced battery technology for electric drive and hybrid electric vehicles.
- A123 Systems and SAIC Motor Form Joint Venture to Tap Growing Chinese Market for Hybrid Electric and Pure Electric Vehicles The focus of the joint venture is to develop, manufacture and sell complete vehicle traction battery systems for use in hybrid electric and pure electric passenger vehicles and heavy duty truck and bus applications in the People's Republic of China, the largest and fastest growing automotive market in the world.
- A123 Systems Announces Non-Binding Memorandum of Understanding With Wanxiang Group Corporation for Strategic Investment A123 Systems, a developer and manufacturer of advanced Nanophosphate® lithium iron phosphate batteries and systems, today announced that it has signed a non-binding memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Wanxiang Group Corporation establishing the framework for a strategic investment through which Wanxiang would invest up to $450 million in A123.
- A123 Systems Introduces Advanced Lithium Ion Battery Designed Specifically for Military Vehicle Applications Feb. 21, 2012 - A123 Systems (Nasdaq:AONE), a developer and manufacturer of advanced Nanophosphate ? lithium iron phosphate batteries and systems, today introduced the Military 6T Battery, a robust battery system engineered specifically to meet the demanding requirements of military vehicle applications.
- A123 Systems Introduces Breakthrough Lithium Ion Battery Technology That Optimizes Performance in Extreme Temperatures A123 Systems (Nasdaq:AONE), a developer and manufacturer of advanced Nanophosphate® lithium iron phosphate batteries and systems, today introduced Nanophosphate EXT™, a new lithium ion battery technology capable of operating at extreme temperatures without requiring thermal management.
- A123 Systems Opens the Largest Lithium Ion Automotive Battery Manufacturing Plant in North America New Facility in Livonia, Mich. Significantly Expands A123's Production Capabilities to Meet Increasing Global Demand; Company Expects to Create Thousands of Jobs in Michigan
- A123 systems reaches agreement to sell automotive business assets to Johnson Controls A123 Systems Reaches Agreement to Sell Automotive Business Assets To Johnson Controls; A123 and its U.S. Subsidiaries File Voluntary Chapter 11 Petitions To Facilitate Transaction Process; Johnson Controls to Provide $72.5 Million in DIP Financing To Support A123's Continued Operations; A123 Actively Pursuing Strategic Alternatives for Grid, Commercial, Government and other Businesses and Operations
- A123 Systems Receives Interim Court Approval Of $50 Million DIP Financing A123 Systems Receives Interim Court Approval Of $50 Million DIP Financing
- A123 Systems to Supply Lithium Ion Battery Packs to BAE Systems for HybriDrive Series Hybrid Electric Propulsion System A123 Systems, a developer and manufacturer of advanced Nanophosphate® lithium ion phosphate batteries and systems, today announced an agreement with BAE Systems, a leading provider and developer of hybrid electric technologies, that expands the companies' long-standing relationship.
- A123Systems Awarded $100 Million in Refundable Tax Credits from Michigan Economic Development Corporation A123Systems has secured more than $100 million in refundable tax credits from the state of Michigan and has selected Livonia as one of the sites where it is planning to base new production plants.
- AAA AUTO BUYING EXPERTS SELECT TOP VEHICLES FOR COMMUTERS; FROM A FULL ELECTRIC VEHICLE TO A SPACIOUS MINIVAN, AAA’S TOP PICKS DRIVEN BY FUEL EFFICIENCY AND COMFORT WILMINGTON, DE, - March 26, 2013 - Most Americans (86 percent) rely on their vehicles to get them to and from work every day, and it makes a big difference to choose the right kind of ride, says AAA. The average commute in Delaware is 23.8 minutes each way, according to the U.S. Census Bureau,...
- AAA joins the Electric Drive Transportation Association Oct. 6, 2011 - EDTA today announced that AAA has joined the Association.
- AAA Plugs in with GoSpaceTM to Provide EV Charging Station Solutions to AAA Clubs AAA is a member of the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) http://www.electricdrive.org/ ORLANDO, FL - February 7, 2013 - AAA announced today a new relationship with Electric Vehicle (EV) charging supplier GoSpace LLC. With the goal of meeting the...
- ABB Signs Licensing Agreement with ECOtality to Utilize the Blink EV Charging Network Mar. 14, 2012 - ABB, the leading power and automation technology group, today announced it has signed a $5 million dollar non-exclusive licensing agreement with ECOtality, Inc. (NASDAQ: ECTY), a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, to utilize ECOtality’s Blink Network for ABB’s electric vehicle (EV) charging systems.
- About Extended Range Electric Vehicles Extended Range Electric Vehicles (E-REV) In EREV’s, the propulsion of the vehicle is provided exclusively by the battery, whether it is grid or fuel generated. In the Chevrolet Volt, for example, the battery provides enough power to travel roughly 40 miles. After the...
- About Neighborhood Electric Vehicles In an electric vehicle (EV), batteries and other energy storage devices store the electricity that powers the electric motor in the vehicle. EV batteries must be replenished by plugging in the vehicle to a power source. Whether charged with an on-board charger or through an external outlet,...
- ACC Highlights BASF, Daimler Efficiency Technology In Smart Forvision Car The American Chemistry Council (ACC) is proud to support member company BASF in the company's efforts to save energy and enhance sustainability through vehicle efficiency with its smart forvision concept vehicle, a collaboration with automotive company Daimler.
- Accessories and clothing to match the fortwo electric drive and ebike: New smart electric drive collection Stuttgart. Trendy design in the unconventional style of the brand coupled with clever ideas and a high level of functionality – these are the features that characterise the new smart electric drive collection that is now available from smart dealers.
- Acoustic Innovation: E-sound by Audi Audi’s future e-tron models will cover long distances powered by practically silent electric motors. To ensure that pedestrians in urban settings will hear them, the brand has developed a synthetic solution: Audi e-sound.
- Acura Unveils Next Evolution of NSX Concept at 2013 North American International Auto Show January 15, 2013 - Acura today unveiled a new NSX Concept that showcases the evolution of the next-generation supercar's styling and design, including a first-ever look at one possible direction for the next-generation NSX interior design. Honda is a member of the Electric Drive...
- Advanced Energy Advanced Energy is a Raleigh, N.C.-based nonprofit working to assist communities in understanding, planning and implementing electric transportation initiatives. With innovative approaches to energy issues, we’re creating economic, environmental and societal benefits through transportation, industrial process technologies, motors and drives testing, and applied building science. Advanced Energy facilitates the adoption of energy efficient technologies, our primary project at this time is the Plug-In Hybrid School Bus program. We are currently working with some other purchasers and manufacturers to facilitate other large purchases.
- Advanced Energy Acquires Solvix SA FORT COLLINS, Colo., Nov. 15, 2012 —Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq:AEIS) today announced that it has acquired Solvix SA, a privately held company based in Villaz-Saint-Pierre, Switzerland. A manufacturer of power supplies for the surface treatment and thin films industry, Solvix...
- Advanced Energy Partners with Ebara Field Tech for Sales and Service in Japan FORT COLLINS, Colo., October 30, 2012 —Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (NasdaqGM: AEIS) today announced a distribution partnership with Ebara Field Tech (EFT), a subsidiary of Ebara Corporation, to provide product and service sales and support for Advanced Energy (AE) thin films products in...
- Advanced Energy releases detailed residential charging station handbook to help multi-family dwelling residents and property owners Raleigh, N.C. — October 16, 2012 — Advanced Energy, a nonprofit committed to helping communities understand, plan-for and implement electric transportation initiatives, today released Version 1.0 of the Residential Charging Station Installation Handbook for Single- and Multi-Family...
- Advanced Energy Showcases Industry Leading Inverters And Energy Management Solutions At Solar Power International 2012 Complete Solution Provider Demonstrates Continued Leadership in Delivering Lowest Possible LCOE
- Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing Loan Program online application portal webinar Mar. 1, 2012 - Washington, DC – The Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing Loan Program (ATVMLP), overseen by the Department of Energy’s Loan Programs Office, is hosting a webinar on Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 1pm EDT to discuss its new online application portal.
- Advanced Transportation Technology Institute The Advanced Transportation Technology Institute (ATTI), formerly the Electric Transit Vehicle Institute (ETVI), was founded in 1992 in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The original mission of the Institute was to increase the understanding of electric vehicles through research, design and education.
- AeroVironment Building on a history of technological innovation, Aerovironment designs, develops, produces and supports an advanced portfolio of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and efficient electric energy systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition. Commercial and government entities use AV's clean transportation solutions such as electric vehicle test systems and electric vehicle fast charge systems, as well as its clean energy solutions such as Architectural Wind (TM). AV’s comprehensive EV Solutions include EV home charging, public charging, fast charging, data collection, grid-integrated communications and support services for consumers, automakers, utilities, government agencies and businesses.
- AeroVironment Electric Vehicle Dealer Program Makes it Easy to Bundle with Car Purchase New AeroVironment Electric Vehicle Dealer Program Makes it Easy to Bundle Home Charger, Installation, and Warranty with Car Purchase Now consumers can seamlessly finance home charger and installation with electric vehicle (EV) purchases in a single transaction Finance and Insurance...
- AeroVironment Home EV Charging Station Receives Underwriters Laboratories Listing AeroVironment (AV), a provider of charging solutions for every electric vehicle (EV) owner's needs, has received Underwriters Laboratories (UL) listing for its EV home charging station (EVSE-RS).
- AeroVironment Intergrates Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Technology into EV Charger Systems MONROVIA, Calif., - March 6, 2013 - AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV) and the United States Department of Energy’s Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL), managed by Battelle, today announced a commercial license agreement for a technology that supports widespread adoption of...
- AeroVironment introduces new easy-to-install and moveable home electric vehicle charging station Latest in EVSE-RS home charging line plugs into a dedicated 240 Volt outlet for easy installation; Secure installation allows for use at a vacation home, second home or seamless relocation to a new home; Now available for immediate delivery at Amazon.com
- AeroVironment Wins Port of Seattle Contract for Electric Ground Support Equipment Fast Charge Systems at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV) today announced the Port of Seattle has awarded the company a contract valued up to $8.8 million through 2014 to supply its PosiCharge™ electric Ground Support Equipment (eGSE) fast charge systems to the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
- Agenda - 01-Sep-2011 committee meeting (1-Sep-2011)
- Agreement with Nissan on a “Quick Charger” joint initiative in the UK DBT is proud to announce, within the framework of a partnership agreement signed with Nissan Europe and Gateshead College, its participation to the launch of a new business incubator (Zero Emission Center of Excellence, ZECE) based in the NorthEast of England.
- Air Products Takes Hydrogen Message to the Streets in Fuel Cell Powered Chevy When Air Products' Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer John McGlade drove to work this morning, he did so with an eye on the future and with the eyes of a lot of fellow drivers watching him. As the top executive for Air Products, the world's leading hydrogen provider, McGlade is quite familiar with hydrogen's potential for leading the transformation to cleaner energy. Today McGlade initiated a hydrogen outreach program by traveling to work in an Air Products-branded Chevrolet fuel cell vehicle. Powered by hydrogen, the vehicle's only emission is water vapor.
- Air Products' Hydrogen Fueling Technology Selected for Warehouse Environmental Makeover at UNFI Distribution Center in Florida Air Products today announced that its hydrogen fueling technology for the material handling market is being installed at the Sarasota, Florida distribution center of United Natural Foods, Inc. ( UNFI). Air Products' technology will fuel 65 fuel cell powered lift trucks that will be mobilized at the distribution facility moving consumer goods on a daily basis.
- Air Quality Impacts of PHEVs in Texas, Environmental Research Letters - April 19, 2011 Air Quality Impacts of PHEVs in Texas, Environmental Research Letters - April 19, 2011
- Air Resources Board unveils $3.7 million in rebates for clean vehicles Today the California Air Resources Board announced $3.7 million in rebates for zero-emission and plug-in hybrid vehicle rebates for California drivers as part of an overall $42.3 million program that Governor Schwarzenegger approved in 2007 to spur technological innovation in the transportation sector.
- Airbiquity Congratulates Nissan North America, Inc. on its Receipt of the ITS America Smart Solution Spotlight Award Nissan North America, Inc. and Airbiquity recognized for global launch of the Nissan LEAF Electric Vehicle CARWINGS Telematics Program NASHVILLE, Tenn. - April 23, 2013 – Airbiquity, a global leader in connected vehicle services, today congratulates Nissan North America,...
- Airbiquity to Showcase Connected Vehicle Solutions at Mobile World Congress Feb. 27, 2012 - Airbiquity, a global leader in connected vehicle services, today announced its participation in the GSMA Connected House at Mobile World Congress 2012, the annual, world-class thought leadership conference focused on mobile technology.
- Alfen to showcase ChargePoint-enabled charging stations for electric vehicles at the Ecomobiel Show in Rotterdam Now available for European market, ChargePoint offers support for OCPP - Open Charge Point Protocol
- All-Battery electric vehicles A typical Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) is powered entirely by electricity from the utility grid. Current Battery Electric Vehicles have a range of 80 to100 miles or more. Because the batteries are recharged from the utility grid and from regenerative braking to power an electric motor...
- All-Electric CODA Wrapped in iPad® Art Featured at Inaugural Mobile Digital Arts Festival CODA Automotive, a leading developer of all-electric vehicles, today announced its first art-wrapped 2012 CODA EV will be on display at the first-ever Los Angeles Mobile Arts Festival (LA-MAF).
- All-Electric Nissan Leaf Sets The Pace at 2012 Toronto Challenge Nissan Canada Foundation proudly sponsors 21st annual 5k walk fundraiser for community organizations
- All-electric Nissan Leaf top prize for "Treemotional" contest Nissan Canada providing 2012 Nissan LEAF in support of National Tree Day
- All-Electric Truck Unveiled on Capitol Hill; Navistar Developing Clean Transportation Technologies, Generating Jobs With the help of a $39 million U.S. Department of Energy grant, Navistar will build high technology trucks, designed for maximum efficiency in urban environments.
- All-electric Volvo C30 project presented for the first time Volvo Cars' ambitious electrification strategy has quickly produced concrete results.
- All-Electric ZeroTruck Powered by UQM Propulsion System Now Available for Purchase by Government Agencies The ZeroTruck is also available through select Isuzu dealerships in California, Colorado, North Carolina, and New York.
- All-New 2013 ES 350 and First-Ever ES 300h Hybrid with Enhanced Handling and Lexus Signature Design The introduction of the all-new 2013 ES 350 and ES 300h marks the sixth generation of Lexus’ popular luxury sedan since its introduction over 20 years ago.
- All-new 2013 Fiat 500e Recharges the Electric Vehicle (EV) Segment with Italian Style and Performance All-new 2013 Fiat 500e electrifies the Cinquecento lineup with even more innovation and style, plus up to an estimated 116 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) city and 100 MPGe highway of pure battery-electric power and zero tailpipe emissions; Fiat 500e is designed to keep electric vehicle (EV) ownership simple with its familiar no-nonsense design, convenience features and intelligently integrated approach to battery-electric technology; More than 80 miles of estimated range, with city driving range typically greater than 100 miles; World-class handling and braking for an EV that adds to the FIAT brand’s lineup of vehicles with highly engaging driving dynamics; Arriving in the second quarter of 2013 to FIAT Studios in California
- All-New 2013 Ford Fusion Earns IIHS Top Safety Pick; Offers Smart Technology, Leading Fuel Economy Hybrid cars safety: The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) recently named the all-new 2013 Ford Fusion a Top Safety Pick for 2012; The all-new Fusion features the Personal Safety System, new safety belt technologies and a total of eight airbags which can provide protection for vehicle occupants in the event of a crash; Redesigned seat-mounted side airbags incorporate new venting technology to further enhance side impact protection.
- All-new 2013 Ford Fusion wins Green Car of the Year Nov. 29, 2012 -- Green Car Journal today named the 2013 Ford Fusion Green Car of the Year at the Los Angeles Auto Show. With five powertrain choices including two EcoBoost® engines plus hybrid and plug-in hybrid variants, the all-new Fusion comes to market with a “game-on attitude,” says...
- All-New 2013 GS 450h Illustrates Dynamic Hybrid Performance The all-new Lexus 2013 GS 450h continues to be a leader in the hybrid-powered luxury sport sedan category it created six years ago. Combining bold, dynamic styling, precise handling, 338 total system horsepower, and a spacious interior, the GS 450h offers the best of all worlds with its performance, connectivity and comfort features.
- All-New 2014 Honda Accord Plug-In Hybrid Sedan Melds Power, Luxury and Efficiency with Electric-Only Driving Mode 2014 Honda Accord Plug-In Hybrid: Honda's first plug-in hybrid combines extensive standard features and estimated driving range over 500 miles
- All-New 2014 Lexus IS Sport Sedan Makes World Premiere at the North American International Auto Show Engaging and entertaining driving dynamics across the model range; exclusive tuning enhancements on F SPORT models Completely redesigned with bold exterior styling and an LFA-inspired driver-focused cockpit Longer wheelbase with significant increases in rear seat space and trunk...
- All-New Lexus CT 200h Premium Compact Hybrid Makes North American Debut at 2010 New York International Auto Show The sporty and versatile five-door, which had its global premiere at the 2010 Geneva Auto Show, will be Lexus’ second dedicated hybrid and fifth hybrid vehicle in the line-up in the U.S.
- All-new Lincoln MKZ offers more standard features, lower price than new Lexus ES 350 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, available at same price as base gasoline-powered model, projected to remain America’s most fuel-efficient premium midsize sedan > The all-new Lincoln MKZ midsize premium sedan, representing the style and substance of the future of Lincoln, delivers more features and lower starting price than the new Lexus ES 350; dealer order banks now open > Standard equipment includes 2.0-liter EcoBoost® engine, SYNC® with MyLincoln Touch™ driver connect technology, Lincoln Drive Control, unique push-button shift, remote start, LED headlamps and taillamps, and 60/40 split rear seat; class-exclusive retractable panoramic roof makes production debut > No price premium for new MKZ Hybrid
- All-New Toyota RAV4 EV Unveiled at EVS26 Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. today revealed the highly anticipated all-new Toyota RAV4 EV at the 26th annual Electric Vehicle Symposium in Los Angeles.
- All-New, First-Ever 2013 ES 300h Enhances Lexus Hybrid Line-Up With EPA Estimated Fuel Economy of 40 MPG City The 2013 model year marks the sixth generation of the Lexus ES luxury sedan and the introduction of the first-ever, ES 300h with Lexus Hybrid Drive. The ES 300h features the signature Lexus spindle grille, a progressive new design and enhanced handling.
- Allison Transmission Allison Transmission, Inc. (Allison) is the premier global provider of commercial duty automatic transmissions and hybrid propulsion systems. Allison products are specified by over 250 of the world’s leading vehicle manufacturers and are used in many market sectors including bus, refuse, fire, construction, distribution, military and specialty applications. Allison Transmission, Inc., a leader in advanced hybrid technology, has announced that the 2010 Allison Hybrid EP System for buses and coaches will feature new and improved components for greater reliability, durability and performance. Allison is the world’s largest heavy-duty hybrid producer with over 4000 hybrid systems either delivered or awarded.
- Allison Transmission Demonstrates How Automatics Reduce Driver Distraction OSAKA, Japan - At 2012 Bus Tech Forum, Allison Transmission offered automatic-equipped bus test drives for safety-minded industry representatives in Japan. Recently Allison Transmission Japan held an exhibition at the 2012 Bus Tech Forum in Osaka’s Maishima Arena. Attendees...
- Allison Transmission opens Colombian office intensifying South American expansion Allison Transmission has marked an important milestone with the addition of an operational branch in Bogotá, Colombia. The new office follows the company's expansion plan for South America, consolidating the continent’s three foremost regions: Brazil, the Southern Cone (Argentina, Uruguay and Chile) and the Andean Community.
- Allison: Driving transmission technology Leading fully automatic transmission manufacturer highlights advanced technology as the key to saving fuel, emissions and time. At the 64th International Motor Show (IAA) from Sept. 20-27 in Hannover, Germany, Allison Transmission will present its hybrid propulsion systems, all new controls and innovative transmission architectures for commercial vehicles in booth E54, outdoor area south.
- Aloha Petroleum Unveils First Electric Vehicle Fast Chargers at Hawaii Gas Stations EV fast chargers accessible to the public at three convenient Aloha and Shell gas stations on Oahu
- Altairnano As a leader in advanced energy storage systems for clean, efficient power and energy management, Altairnano’s suite of advanced lithium-ion energy storage systems is helping solve today’s toughest power and energy challenges. From helping create a more reliable, resilient, and efficient electricity grid, to accelerating the adoption of renewable generation and alternative fuel vehicles, Altairnano combines science and innovation with market-ready solutions to achieve sustainable, and economically sensible, power and energy management practices.
- ALTe Powertrain Technologies and Club Assist Announce Development Project on Plug-In Electric Hybrid Powertrain for Fleets ALTe Powertrain Technologies, developer of the first range-extended plug-in electric hybrid powertrain for light commercial fleet vehicle applications, and Club Assist, the leading supplier of mobile, car electric and road services to motoring clubs worldwide, today announced a joint development project to study ALTe’s powertrain technology in Club Assist’s fleet.
- ALTe Powertrain Technologies and Club Assist Announce Development Project on Plug-In Electric Hybrid Powertrain for Fleets ALTe Powertrain Technologies, developer of the first range-extended plug-in electric hybrid powertrain for light commercial fleet vehicle applications, and Club Assist, the leading supplier of mobile, car electric and road services to motoring clubs worldwide, today announced a joint development project to study ALTe’s powertrain technology in Club Assist’s fleet.
- ALTe Powertrain Technologies joins EDTA membership For immediate release Washington, DC—October 4, 2012 — The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA), the leading industry association dedicated to promoting electric drive as a core technology on the road to sustainable mobility, recently...
- ALTe Powertrain Technologies Pledges Clinton Global Initiative CHICAGO, IL, - June 7, 2012 - ALTe Powertrain Technologies, developer of the first range-extended plug-in electric hybrid powertrain for light commercial fleet vehicle applications, today announced that it has created a Commitment to Action as part of the Clinton Global Initiative America (CGI...
- American Association of Blacks in Energy The American Association of Blacks in Energy (AABE) is a national association of energy professionals founded and dedicated to ensure the input of African Americans and other minorities into the discussions and developments of energy policies regulations, R&D technologies, and environmental issues.
- American Honda Motor Co. Begins Use of Class 8 Hybrid Truck American Honda Motor Co., Inc., became the first company in its industry to introduce a Class 8 hybrid diesel electric truck into its truck fleet.
- American Public Power Association The American Public Power Association is the service organization for the nation’s more than 2,000 community- and state-owned electric utilities that serve 43 million people in the U.S. It supports national policies that promote the use of electric transportation. A number of APPA member utilities are using electric vehicles as part of their municipal fleets.
- Americans Want to Give Electric Vehicles a Test Drive, New CEA Study Reports Forty percent of consumers report they are likely to test drive an electric vehicle, according to a new study of online American adults from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA).
- AMP Electric Vehicles AMP’s first all-electric models are the Chevrolet Equinox, and the Saturn Sky/Pontiac Solstice. Initial AMP customers include fleet managers and utility companies, as well as individuals. AMP’s intent is to electrify a wide range of OEM vehicles and SUVs’ and expects to announce new model additions in 2011.
- AMP to Host "Making Your Fleet Green" Event; Ohio DOT Director to be in Attendance AMP Holding Inc. , a company engaged in the emission-free electrification of OEM vehicles, announced it would be hosting a "Making Your Fleet Green" event Friday, August 20th, commencing at 10am EDT.
- AMP's 100% Electric GM Vehicle Validated for 100 mpge in Progressive Automotive X Prize Finals AMP Holding Inc., a company engaged in the emission-free electrification of OEM vehicles, announced today the 100% electric GM Sky achieved 100 miles per gallon equivalent (mpge) highway in the Progressive Automotive X Prize finals.
- Ampera and Volt voted European 'Car of the Year 2012' Mar. 3, 2012 - The Opel Ampera and the Chevrolet Volt electric cars with extended-range capability today won the European "Car of the Year 2012" award voted by a panel of 59 judges from 23 European nations.
- Amsterdam Becomes First European City to Install Coulomb ChargePoint Networked Charging Stations for Electrical Vehicles 365-Energy Group announced that the city of Amsterdam has selected the ChargePoint™ Networked Charging Stations of infrastructure provider Coulomb Technologies to fuel the electrical cars in the city. The 45 charging stations are part of a two-year public demonstration project.
- Annual Energy Outlook 2011, U.S. Energy Information Administration - April 2011 Annual Energy Outlook 2011, U.S. Energy Information Administration - April 2011
- Annual road rally will highlight advances in fuel-cell technology The annual road rally to demonstrate the advancements in fuel-cell technology will begin May 26 in San Diego, and end June 3 in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Another Nürburgring record for TOYOTA Motorsport Toyota electric record on the legendary 20.8 km Nürburgring Nordschleife circuit in Germany. Lap time of 7 mins 22.329 secs.
- Are US Drivers Beginning to Get Switched on to Electric Cars? Over 10% of US drivers surveyed said they would consider purchasing a plug-in hybrid or electric vehicle, according to a survey by Ernst & Young's Global Automotive Center.
- Arizona Public Service APS, Arizona’s largest and longest-serving electricity utility, serves more than 1.1 million customers in 11 of the state’s 15 counties. With headquarters in Phoenix, APS is the principal subsidiary of Pinnacle West Capital Corp.
- Army announces historic electric vehicle lease "The Army is committed toa substantially reducing the greenhouse gas emissions through our acquisition of Neighborhood Electric Vehicles. This historic acquisition will constitute the largest acquisition of electric vehicles not just in the military, but in the entire country."
- Army unveils world's first military fleet of fuel cell vehicles Feb. 22, 2012 - The U.S. Army unveiled a fleet of 16 hydrogen fuel cell vehicles that the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines are testing in an effort to research renewable energy sources and reduce dependence on oil.
- Assessment of Plug-in Electric Vehicle Integration with ISO-RTO Systems, ISO-RTO Council - March 2010 Assessment of Plug-in Electric Vehicle Integration with ISO-RTO Systems, ISO/RTO Council - March 2010
- AT&T Becomes Lead Customer for Ford Transit Connect Electric Azure Dynamics Corporation announced AT&T has agreed to purchase two of the first Ford Transit Connect Electric vans, the latest addition to AT&T's growing fleet of alternative-fuel vehicles.
- AT&T Becomes Lead Customer for Ford Transit Connect Electric Azure Dynamics Corporation announced AT&T has agreed to purchase two of the first Ford Transit Connect Electric vans, the latest addition to AT&T's growing fleet of alternative-fuel vehicles.
- AT&T Becomes Lead Customer for Ford Transit Connect Electric Vehicle is powered by Azure Dynamics Force Drive electric drivetrain Azure Dynamics Corporation announced AT&T has agreed to purchase two of the first Ford Transit Connect Electric vans, the latest addition to AT&T's growing fleet of alternative-fuel vehicles.
- AT&T Rolls Out Missouri-Based Smith Electric Vehicles U.S. Corporation's All-Electric Vehicle, Slated to Service St. Louis, Missouri, Area The Smith Newton provides AT&T with a new alternative fuel option. The zero-tailpipe-emission Smith Newton runs free of normal engine noise and vibration, and it stores electric energy through a process called regenerative braking.
- ATC New Technologies
- ATC New Technologies joins the Electric Drive Transportation Association Washington, DC—October 12, 2011—The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) — the preeminent industry association dedicated to advancing electric drive as a core technology on the road to sustainable mobility —today announced that ATC New Technologies, a division of ATC...
- Audi A1 e-tron Powered by UQM PowerPhase® Electric Drive System Will Wear German Team Colors at London 2012 Summer Olympics During the London 2012 Summer Olympics, one of the vehicles people will see is an Audi A1 e-tron dressed in German colors and propelled by the efficient power of an UQM Technologies, Inc. electric drive system.
- Audi A6 L e-tron concept The A6 L e-tron concept is an important step towards future electric mobility in China for Audi.
- Audi at TED2012 Announces U.S. Introduction of A3 e-tron Electric Vehicle Pilot Program Feb. 27, 2012 - Audi today announced the battery-electric Audi A3 e-tron pilot program in the U.S. to define a progressive e-mobility driver experience for premium car buyers.
- Audi e-bike Wörthersee: high-end sports equipment for stunts One of the highlights on the Audi stand on the Wörthersee Tour is the bicycle technology concept known as the Audi e-bike Wörthersee- a sport bike that does not fit into any of the usual categories.
- Audi Expands Testing of A1 e-tron with UQM Technologies PowerPhase® Electric Drive System Longmont, Colorado - March 26, 2013 - UQM Technologies, Inc. (NYSE MKT: UQM) PowerPhase® systems provide the electric drive in the Audi A1 e-tron extended-range electric vehicles that will undergo additional testing in 2013 in the NPE (National Platform of Electrification) in Germany....
- Audi R18 e-tron quattro: heading for Le Mans with all-wheel drive In a month from now a prestigious success will be at stake for Audi. On June 16/17, a hybrid vehicle could be winning the Le Mans 24 Hours for the first time.
- Audi with hybrid drive at Le Mans for the first time Feb 2, 2012 - Audi competes in the 80th running of the legendary 24 Hours of Le Mans on June 16–17, 2012 with a total of four LMP1 sports cars.
- Audi: full speed ahead in motorsport too Ingolstadt, December 19, 2012 - With more than 1.34 million worldwide deliveries, Audi equaled last year’s sales record after only eleven months. And in motorsport, the brand with the four rings continues to charge full speed ahead too. The title defense in the FIA World Championship (WEC),...
- August 2008 Policy Update Click "Read more" for Genevieve Cullen's August Policy update which covers the plug-in electric drive credit, appropriations, meetings with Presidential candidates' staff, and the Clean Cities solicitation.Â The update also includes relevant files for download.
- Austin Energy Austin Energy joined EDTA's Board of Directors in January 2005. Austin Energy is the nation's 10th largest community-owned electric utility, serving 360,000 customers and a population of more than 800,000. Austin Energy has a portfolio of diverse generation methods, and has the top-performing renewable energy program in the nation, as well as the nation's largest green building program.
- Austin Energy gets $500,000 to lead alternative vehicle efforts; releases plan to promote plug-in electric vehicles in Central Texas November 27, 2012 -- Austin Energy has received an additional $500,000 in funding from the U.S. Department of Energy to continue to lead plug-in electric vehicle adoption efforts in Central Texas and also to coordinate with natural gas vehicle initiatives. Austin Energy is a...
- Austin Energy offers rebates up to $300 for e-bikes, two-wheel electric vehicles Oct. 26, 2012 - They are starting to become a visible part of Austin roadways, following you on the way to work down neighborhood streets and scooting past you in downtown traffic. Austin Energy is recognizing the popularity and growth in the use of two-wheel electric vehicles by offering...
- Austin Energy selects new Vice President for energy efficiency, renewable energy programs December 7, 2012 -- Deborah L. Kimberly with the Salt River Project – the third largest public power electric utility in the country – has been selected after a nationwide recruitment process to lead Austin Energy's energy efficiency and renewable energy programs. Kimberly begins her duties...
- Austin Energy surpasses 10,000th plug-in charge at public stations Austin, TX - January 30, 2013 - Drivers of plug-in electric vehicles this month surpassed their 10,000th charging session using Austin Energy’s Plug-In EVerywhere network of charging stations. The 45,000 kilowatt-hours of electricity delivered through the charging sessions for all drivers...
- Auswirkungen von Elektroautos (German), World Wide Fund for Nature - May 2009 Auswirkungen von Elektroautos (German), World Wide Fund for Nature - May 2009
- Automakers Support Pedestrian Safety Enhancement Act Automakers today announced their support of legislation aimed at maintaining the mobility and independence of the blind around ever-quieter autos, by requiring a vehicle sound to assist the blind in detecting nearby hybrid or electric autos.
- Automotive Recycling Industry - 2011 Automotive Recycling Industry: Environmentally Friendly, Market Driven, and Sustainable, Auto Alliance - 2011
- Award-Winning Honda Fit EV Continues to Impress Industry Experts; Named to KBB.com’s 10 Best Green Cars of 2013 Kelley Blue Book impressed with Honda Fit EV’s unique blend of power and efficiency April 18, 2013 - Industry experts at KBB.com have named the Honda Fit EV to their annual list of 10 Best Green Cars. The editors at KBB.com were impressed with the Fit EV's combination of efficiency...
- Axion Power(TM) to Work With Norfolk Southern on Battery-Driven Locomotive Project Axion Power International Inc., the developer of advanced PbC® batteries, announced today that it will launch a development program with Norfolk Southern Corporation, one of the nation's largest railways, to develop a battery management system that would allow rail locomotives to operate on battery power and recharge their batteries through regenerative braking.
- Azure Dynamics Azure Dynamics Corporation (TSX: AZD)(OTC: AZDDF) is a world leader in the development and production of hybrid electric and electric components and powertrain systems for commercial vehicles.
- Azure Dynamics and Collins Bus Corporation Announce Additional NEXBUS School Bus Sales Azure Dynamics Corporation announced that its partnership with Collins Bus Corporation has sold two hybrid electric NEXBUS school buses to Durham School Services, a subsidiary of National Express Corporation.
- Azure Dynamics and Collins Bus Sell First Hybrid Electric Type A School Bus The NAPA Valley Unified School District has purchased the nation's first NEXBUS, the only hybrid electric Type A school bus available in North America.
- Azure Dynamics and Collins Bus Team Up for Hybrid Electric School Buses Azure Dynamics Corporation announced an exclusive partnership with Collins Bus Corporation that allows Collins' network of distributors and customers to specify Azure's BalanceTM Hybrid Electric technology on their Type A school bus orders. Type A school buses can typically transport between 14 and 30 passengers.
- Azure Dynamics and Ford Motor Company Tap Xcel Energy for Elite Lead Customer Program Xcel Energy and a coalition of its customers have been selected to be among the first in the country to receive the all-electric Ford Transit Connect Electric commercial van. Azure Dynamics Corp., a hybrid electric and electric power train innovator for the commercial truck market, has named Xcel Energy to its "Lead Customer" program to receive a total of 13 vans.
- Azure Dynamics Announces 24 Balance(TM) Hybrid Electric Sales to King County, Washington Azure Dynamics Corporation the fast growing hybrid electric and electric power train innovator for the commercial truck and bus market, today announced the sale of 24 Balance(TM) Hybrid Electric buses to King County, Washington for its Access Transportation services.
- Azure Dynamics Announces 45 Transit Connect Electric Sales Feb. 2, 2012 - Global orders of Transit Connect Electric exceed $32 million since its introduction
- Azure Dynamics Announces Additional Order of 50 Vehicles from Purolator Azure Dynamics Corporation announced that Purolator Courier Ltd. has placed an order for an additional 50 Balance Hybrid Electric trucks.
- Azure Dynamics Announces Eight CitiBus Sales to Howard County, MD Oak Park, Michigan - September 30, 2009 - Azure Dynamics Corporation (TSX: AZD) - ("Azure") or (the "Company"), a leading developer of state-of-the-art green technologies that address environmental and cost issues for the commercial transportation industry, today announced that it's dealer,...
- Azure Dynamics Announces Order for 15 Hybrid Trucks from Metro Mobility Azure Dynamics Corporation announced an initial order for fifteen Balance Hybrid Electric shuttle buses from Metro Mobility in Minnesota.
- Azure Dynamics Announces Two CitiBus Sales to Terre Haute Azure Dynamics Corporation announced that its dealer MidWest Transit Equipment has been awarded a contract with Terre Haute Transit for two Azure CitiBus vehicles.
- Azure Dynamics Awarded Two New Patents Azure Dynamics Corporation has earned two new patents for innovations for its proprietary hybrid electric drive trains.
- Azure Dynamics Balance Hybrid Electric Selected by the City of Toronto Azure Dynamics Corporation announced that five Balance Hybrid Electric trucks were ordered by the City of Toronto.
- Azure Dynamics Balance Hybrid Electric to Deliver Mail at the University of Alberta Oak Park, Michigan - May 13, 2009 - Azure Dynamics Corporation (TSX: AZD) - ("Azure") or (the "Company"), a leading developer of state-of-the-art green technologies that address environmental and cost issues for the commercial transportation industry, announced today that four Balance(TM)...
- Azure Dynamics Hybrid Shuttle Bus Added to BlueCross/BlueShield HQ Azure Dynamics Corporation announced that BlueCross® BlueShield® of Tennessee is contributing to the greening of the city of Chattanooga by providing BCBST employees with state-of-the-art green transportation services.
- Azure Dynamics Outlines Lead Customer Strategy For Ford Transit Connect Electric Azure Dynamics Corporation, which announced the sale of the first two Ford Transit Connect Electric vans to AT&T, said that an initial allotment of ten vans will be produced late this year and will be exclusively available to Azure's lead customers.
- Azure Dynamics Partners with Champion Bus Azure Dynamics Corporation announced a partnership with Champion Bus that allows Champion Bus customers and dealers the option to select Azure's Balance Hybrid Electric Drivetrain System in Ford E-450 Shuttle Buses they order from Champion.
- Azure Dynamics Partners with Turtle Top Azure Dynamics Corporation announced a partnership with Turtle Top, a body manufacturer specializing in small to mid-sized buses and specialty vehicles. The agreement provides Turtle Top customers and dealers the opportunity to select Azure's Balance Hybrid Electric drivetrain system on the Ford E-450 chassis.
- Azure Dynamics Receives 34 Unit Bus Order via the Illinois Department of Transportation Azure Dynamics Corporation the fast growing hybrid electric and electric power train innovator for the commercial truck and bus market, today announced a 34 unit Balance(TM) Hybrid Electric bus sale via the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT).
- Azure Dynamics Receives Order for 18 Shuttle Buses from Texas Oak Park, Michigan, May 25, 2010 -- Azure Dynamics Corporation, the fast growing hybrid electric and electric power train innovator for the commercial truck market, today announced that the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) has ordered 18 Balance(TM) Hybrid Electric shuttle...
- Azure Dynamics Receives Record Truck Order From Purolator Couriers The 200 unit purchase is Azure's largest revenue order to date and also the highest volume Balance Hybrid Electric order since the product launched in the summer of 2008.
- Azure Dynamics Selects AM General for Ford Transit Connect Electric Upfitting Azure Dynamics Corporation the fast growing hybrid electric and electric power train innovator for the commercial truck market, today announced that AM General LLC will collaborate in producing the Transit Connect Electric, the all-electric version of Ford Motor Company's award winning Transit Connect.
- Azure Dynamics Selects Johnson Controls-Saft for Transit Connect Battery Electric Vehicle Johnson Controls-Saft has been chosen as battery supplier for Azure's Force Drive integration on the Ford Transit Connect Battery Electric Vehicle.
- Azure Dynamics Sells Four Balance(TM) Hybrid Electric Units with Option for 11 More Azure Dynamics Corporation will supply its Balance Hybrid Electric lift-equipped shuttle buses to Clermont Transportation Connection in Batavia, Ohio.
- Azure Dynamics Signs New Agreements With Thirteen Additional Dealerships Oak Park, Michigan - May 19, 2009 - Azure Dynamics Corporation (TSX: AZD)- ("Azure" or the "Company"), a leading developer of innovative hybrid green technologies that address environmental and cost issues for operators of shuttle buses and commercial vehicle fleets, announced today it has...
- Azure Dynamics to Hold Annual General Meeting In Metro Detroit Azure Dynamics Corporation, developer of environmentally friendly and cost effective hybrid electric and electric technologies for commercial vehicle fleets, today announced that it will hold its Annual General Meeting June 8, 2010 at 4:30 p.m. at Azure's corporate headquarters.
- Azure Dynamics to Supply 16 Balance(TM) Hybrid Electric Buses to CALSTART's Hybrid Truck Users Forum Azure Dynamics Corporation has been awarded a 16 vehicle contract from the Hybrid Truck Users Forum's Small Hybrid Bus Working Group.
- Azure Dynamics Wins Michigan Department of Transportation Contract The MDOT contract creates a fixed price for up to 50 buses and will remain in effect for up to three years with a total maximum value of $5.6 million.
- Azure Shuttle Bus Employed on Pristine Grand Island Azure Dynamics Corporation announced that a Balance Hybrid Electric shuttle bus will serve tourist needs on beautiful Grand Island in Lake Superior.
- Aéroports de Montréal Joins The Electric Circuit Montréal, September 24th, 2012 – The founding partners of The Electric Circuit—Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert, RONA, METRO, the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) and Hydro-Québec—are pleased to announce the signing of a partnership agreement with Aéroports de Montréal. ...
- BAE Systems Delivers First Hybrid Propulsion Systems to Alexander Dennis Ltd. Under 'Green Bus Fund' Initiative The first of the hybrid electric systems that will power 56 clean, green and efficient double-decker buses in Oxford and Manchester have been delivered by BAE Systems to bus manufacturer Alexander Dennis Limited (ADL).
- BAE Systems to Power Hybrid Transit Buses for Seattle Transit Agency BAE Systems will provide propulsion systems for up to 500 hybrid electric buses recently ordered by King County Metro Transit.
- Baka mobile teams with Eaton to power its EV fleet Event marks installation of one of North America’s largest commercial solar powered EV charging stations
- Balqon Corporation joins the Electric Drive Transportation Association The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) — the preeminent industry association dedicated to advancing electric drive as a core technology on the road to sustainable mobility —today announced that Balqon Corporation has joined the Association.
- Balqon Corporation Recipient Of Zero Emission Heavy Duty Electric Truck Grant For Port Drayage Applications HARBOR CITY, California. January 7, 2013 - Balqon Corporation (OTC: BLQN), a developer of electric vehicles, drive systems and lithium battery storage devices, announced $925,000 in funds earmarked for Balqon Corporation to develop three on-road electric trucks, Model MX-30 for use at the Port...
- Baltimore Gas & Electric For nearly 200 years, BGE has been meeting the energy needs of Central Maryland. BGE serves more than 1.2 million business and residential electric customers and more than 630,000 gas customers in an economically diverse, 2,300-square-mile area encompassing Baltimore City and all or part of 10 Central Maryland counties.
- Baltimore Gas and Electric Company to Launch Electric Vehicle Trial GridPoint, Inc., an established leader in smart energy solutions, today announced that Baltimore Gas and Electric Company (BGE), a subsidiary of Constellation Energy, has launched a multiyear plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) demonstration project using GridPoint’s smart charging software.
- BASF Joins Electric Drive Transportation Association For immediate release Washington, DC—December 3, 2012 — The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA), the leading industry association dedicated to promoting electric drive as a core technology on the road to sustainable...
- Batteries for Electric Cars, Boston Consulting Group - January 2010 Batteries for Electric Cars, Boston Consulting Group - January 2010
- Battery Manufacturing for Hybrid and Electric Vehicles: Policy Issues, Congressional Research Service - March 22, 2011 Battery Manufacturing for Hybrid and Electric Vehicles: Policy Issues, Congressional Research Service - March 22, 2011
- Bayer MaterialScience LLC Materials and Technologies Help Drive Burgeoning Alternative Energy Vehicle Market Bayer MaterialScience LLC is joining the race to deliver commercially viable, eco-friendly alternative energy vehicles by applying its materials, technologies and expertise to this burgeoning market.
- Best Buy When it comes to innovation, Best Buy continues to lead the way among retailers. They are currently the leading retailer of electric bikes and scooters and have recently added Brammo motorcycles to the mix, though their long-term strategy includes much more than adding a few two-wheeled EVs to their selection of computer, electronics and appliance products. The company believes that, by educating its customers about electric vehicles, it can become a preferred destination for them to purchase EVs of all kinds, up to and including highway-capable cars that one might normally expect to purchase at an auto dealership. As Best Buy has grown, so has its ability to impact the communities it serves. Its large number of retail stores, with their high access to consumers, gives the company significant reach. Through Geek Squad, the company provides repair and maintenance of the EVs it sells, and is beginning to provide services related to EV charging stations.
- Better Place Debuts EV Services Platform at Frankfurt Motor Show Better Place marked its next major technology milestone by demonstrating its electric vehicle services platform.
- Better Place Opens First Electric Vehicle Demonstration Center RAMAT HASHARON, Israel--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Better Place today announced the grand opening of the company’s first electric vehicle (EV) demonstration center in Israel, which is constructed inside a refurbished oil tank, symbolizing the transition to electric transportation taking place...
- Better Place Unveils First Automated Battery Switch for Japan EV Study YOKOHAMA, Japan-May 13, 2009-- Better Place today achieved a milestone in accelerating the mass-market adoption of electric vehicles by demonstrating the world's first battery switch technology along with electric car charging spots. This simple range extension technology delivers a cleaner,...
- Beyond Bust and Boom - Apr-2012 Beyond Boom and Bust: Putting Clean Tech on a Path to Subsidy Independence, Brookings Institution - April, 2012
- Blink surpasses 1 million charge events ECOtality is the first in the industry to reach this milestone of 1 million charge events with its Blink network
- BMW and Green Mountain Energy Company Partner to Support Renewable Energy for DriveNow Program New car sharing program available to San Francisco residents
- BMW Announces Markets for BMW ActiveE Field Trial Later today at Opportunity Green in Los Angeles, BMW will announce the markets which will participate in the BMW ActiveE field trial when it begins in summer 2011.
- BMW Electronauts Web Series: There's Nothing like the Torque of an Electric Car Join us as we experience pure forward inertia on our latest journeys with two BMW Electronauts from opposite sides of the country. You’ll see the benefits they’ve enjoyed since switching to the BMW ActiveE and why they’re absolutely hooked on driving electric.
- BMW Group adds one more model to its electric vehicle line up for London 2012 BMW, Official Automotive Partner to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, is keeping the Games moving with a range of fully electric vehicles as part of the fleet.
- BMW Group and Boeing to collaborate on carbon fiber recycling 12/12/2012 -- Munich/Seattle -- The BMW Group and Boeing signed a collaboration agreement to participate in joint research for carbon fiber recycling as well as share manufacturing knowledge and explore automation opportunities. BMW of North America is a member of the...
- BMW Group and TMC Deepen Collaboration by Signing Binding Agreements Fuel Cell System, Sports Vehicle, Lightweight Technology and Lithium-air Battery Collaboration to Commence January 24, 2013 - BMW Group and Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) are pursuing their successful strategic long-term cooperation in the field of sustainable mobility today by signing...
- BMW Group and TMC Sign Lithium-ion Battery Collaborative Research Agreement BMW Group and Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) announce that they have signed an agreement on collaborative research in the field of next-generation lithium-ion battery cells and have begun said research.
- BMW Group Design wins the 2012 Green GOOD DESIGNTM Award for the first time. A trio of BMW Group concept cars – the BMW i8 Concept, BMW i3 Concept and MINI Rocketman Concept – have been presented with the 2012 Green GOOD DESIGNTM Award for sustainable product design.
- BMW Group launches premium car sharing in US The BMW Group has now extended its premium car sharing program DriveNow to the US. DriveNow starts out in San Francisco with 70 electric vehicles. The innovative mobile parking solution, ParkNow, will debut in the Californian city in September.
- BMW Group once again sector leader in Dow Jones Sustainability Index World’s most sustainable automotive company for eighth consecutive year.
- BMW Group takes top prize at the 2012 Corporate Entrepreneur Awards for premium car-sharing joint venture DriveNow. Jury impressed by willingness to trial new models of mobility. Munich - Oct. 30, 2012 - DriveNow, the premium car-sharing joint venture by BMW Group and Sixt AG, was acknowledged as the best new corporate venture at the 2012 Corporate Entrepreneur Awards by Market Gravity and Wired Magazine. BMW of North America is a member...
- BMW Group unveils London 2012 Olympic Park Pavilion The final countdown to London 2012 has begun and BMW Group today unveiled their Olympic Park Pavilion, expected to draw thousands of visitors each day of the Games.
- BMW Highlights at the Los Angeles International Auto Show Woodcliff Lake, NJ – November 19, 2012 – BMW today announced a portion of its lineup to be displayed at this year’s Los Angeles International Auto Show press days. From the exotic BMW Concept i8 Roadster to the versatile new BMW Concept K2 Powder Ride based on the popular new...
- BMW i Born Electric Tour makes first stop in Rome The Palazzo delle Esposizioni in Rome marked the starting point for the worldwide tour of BMW i – the sub-brand of BMW which encompasses sustainable mobility.
- BMW i premieres in London: New concepts mark the opening of the world’s first BMW i Store To coincide with the opening of the world’s first BMW i Store on London’s Park Lane, the BMW Group will present the BMW i3 Concept with a new interior colour and materials concept.
- BMW i Ventures Announces Strategic Investment in Coulomb Technologies BMW i Ventures today announced that it is making a strategic investment in Coulomb Technologies. Coulomb’s ChargePoint is the largest online global charging network, connecting electric vehicle drivers to charging stations in more than 14 countries.
- BMW i “Born Electric” World Tour to Make Only U.S. Stop in New York City November from 13th – 18th BMW’s Forum Exploring the Future of Mobility will Also Feature the North American Debuts of the BMW i8 Spyder Concept and Next Generation BMW i3 Concept
- BMW i8 Wins Crown as the 2012 Concept Vehicle of the Year – the Ultimate Driving Machine of the Future. BMW takes the 2012 Concept Car of the Year Award with its i8 Concept Spyder. This award marks BMW’s fourth competition as a category finalist and the brand’s second visit to the awards podium at the eleventh annual North American Concept Vehicle of the Year Awards announced today.
- BMW of North America With its three brands – BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce – the BMW Group is one of the world’s most successful premium manufacturers of cars and motorcycles. It operates internationally with 24 production sites in 13 countries and a global sales network with representation in more than 140 countries.
- BMW Partners with Green Mountain Energy Company to Offer Renewable Energy Certificates to BMW ActiveE Drivers BMW of North America today announced that it will partner with Green Mountain Energy Company to offer drivers of the BMW ActiveE the choice to support renewable energy for their cars.
- Board Candidacy Form 2012 Candidacy form for applicants to the EDTA Board of Directors as part of the ongoing Governance expansion
- Board June09-2009 Forecast-Updated onsite
- Board Meeting: July 10-11, 2012 Board of Directors Meeting July 10-11, 2012 Meeting Minutes Location : Mount Vernon Square B Renaissance Downtown DC Hotel 999 Ninth Street, NW Washington, DC 20001 Dial-in : 1-866-204-3556 or 1-412-317-6031 Participant Code : 296-7211#...
- Board Meeting: October 2, 2012 EDTA Board of Directors Meeting Register Now
- Board Meeting: October 2, 2012 Board of Directors Meeting October 2, 2012 Click here to download the Minutes from this meeting Click on the links below to download individual materials OR Click here to download a complete Digital Board Book (PDF) ...
- Board Minutes: April 22, 2010 -
- Board September 23 09 Docutment Destruction document policy
- Board: Sandalow pic & Bio Feb 09
- Board: April 22, 2010 - Agenda -
- Board: April 22, 2010 - Agenda -
- Board: April 22, 2010 - Anti-Trust Policy -
- Board: April 22, 2010 - Communications - Media Telecon -
- Board: April 22, 2010 - Communications Report -
- Board: April 22, 2010 - David Kushner -
- Board: April 22, 2010 - David Sandalow's Bio -
- Board: April 22, 2010 - Financials -
- Board: April 22, 2010 - Membership Report -
- Board: April 22, 2010 - Policy Report -
- Board: April 22, 2010 -Estabilishing Electric Drive America -
- Board: Budget 2-5-09
- Board: Communications Report Feb 09
- Board: Conference Report Feb 09
- Board: EVS 26 Feb 09
- Board: February 26, 2010 - Antitrust Policy Board: February 26, 2010 - Antitrust Policy
- Board: February 26, 2010 - Communications and Media Relations Report Board: February 26, 2010 - Communications and Media Relations Report
- Board: February 26, 2010 - Conference Attendee Statistics Board: February 26, 2010 - Conference Attendee Statistics
- Board: February 26, 2010 - Conference Media Coverage Analysis Board: February 26, 2010 - Conference Media Coverage Analysis
- Board: February 26, 2010 - FY11 Budget Request Board: February 26, 2010 - FY11 Budget Request
- Board: February 26, 2010 - Minutes from September 09 Meeting Board: February 26, 2010 - Minutes from September 09 Meeting
- Board: February 26, 2010 - NPVI Report Board: February 26, 2010 - NPVI Report
- Board: February 26, 2010 - Policy Report Board: February 26, 2010 - Policy Report
- Board: February 26, 2010 - Treasurer's Report Board: February 26, 2010 - Treasurer's Report
- Board: January 27, 2010 - EDTA Action Plan 2010 2010 EDTA Action Plan
- Board: January 27, 2010 - Test Document Board: January 27, 2010 - Test Document
- Board: January 27, 2010 Advocacy Program Plan Board: January 27, 2010 Advocacy Program Plan
- Board: Jun 09 401K Mandatory Restatement explanation 401 k mandatory explain letter from CBIZ
- Board: Jun 09 Anti trust Anti-trust Guide lines
- Board: Jun 09 bylaws revised Bylaws revised non-sbstansive changes
- Board: jun 09 May Actual Actual May Prime document
- Board: jun09 2009 forecast Financial Forecast for 2009
- Board: Jun09 401k Adopting Resolution Adopting Resolution for 401k
- Board: Jun09 Audit Report Calibre CPA Audit Report for FY 08
- Board: Jun09 Comm Media Report Communications media Report
- Board: Jun09 EDTA Members by Sector June 09 EDTA members by Sector
- Board: Jun09 Grant Proposal Summary One Page Project summary for Grant
- Board: Jun09 May financials Primary Treasury Report May finanacials
- Board: jun09 Membership Proposal membership proposal - New Structure
- Board: Jun09 Minutes Feb Mtg Minutes Feb 09 meeting
- Board: Jun09 Policy co Policy Committee Report
- Board: Jun09 Policy Score card EDTA on HR1 Scorecard
- Board: jun09Summary of EDTA 401 Plan 401k plan Summary
- Board: June 09 Patrick Davis Bio Bio lunch speaker Patrick Davis June 25, 2009
- Board: June09 communications Communications and Media Report
- Board: June09-Patrick Davis-DOE-Vehicle Technologies Program
- Board: Plugin Veh Project Feb 09
- Board: Policy Committee Report 2-5-09
- Board: Policy Stimulus Recommendations 2-5-09
- Board: Presidents Objectives
- Board: September 09 IRS Bd Compliance Board Compliance
- Board: September 23 09 Policy Committee Policy Report
- Board: September 23 09 Communciations Report
- Board: September 23 09 Conference Committee conference
- Board: September 23 09 Conflict of Interest Policy Conflict interst
- Board: September 23 09 Hall of Fame Hall of Fame Calendar and Criteria
- Board: September 23 09 Members for introduction List of current EDTA members -9/23/09
- Board: September 23 09 Membership Governace Dues dues governance
- Board: September 23 09 Minutes June meeting
- Board: September 23 09 Operating Plan Operating Plan 2010 Final
- Board: September 23 09 Whistler Whistleblower Policy
- Board: September 23 Conflict of Interest Conflict of Interest Policy
- Board: September 23 Whistleblower Whistleblower
- Bob Lutz to Address the Nation's Utility Fleets on the Electrification of America's Auto Industry The nation's leading electric utility fleets are gathered together this week in historic Williamsburg Virginia, as they have done every year for the past 59 years.
- BODM January 18, 2012: Board Agenda board agenda for 18-jan-2012 meeting
- BODM January 18, 2012: Financials financial documents for 18-jan-2012 Board meeting
- BODM January 2013: digital board book digital board book for Jan 29, 2013 meeting
- BODM July 2011: Audit audit from Calibre as presented at July 12-13, 2011 board meeting
- BODM July 2012: anti-trust antitrust policy
- BODM July 2012: Danielson bio bio for David Danielson, EERE
- BODM July 2012: GED creative framing creative framing doc for GED NEC
- BODM July 2012: GED Manifesto GoElectricDrive national awareness campaign manifesto as prepared by the Matale Line 10-Jul-2012
- BODM July 2012: July meeting minutes minutes from the July 10-11, 2012 EDTA Board of Directors meeting
- BODM July 2012: March minutes minutes from March 23, 2012 Board meeting
- BODM July 2012: Matale line presentation presentation by the Matale Line to the EDTA Board on July 10, 2012
- BODM July 2012: Matale Line Presentation PDF PDF version of Matale Line presentation from 10-Jul-2012
- BODM July 2012: media report media coverage report for Q3 2012
- BODM July 2012: meeting agendav1 agenda for July 10-11, 2012 Board meeting
- BODM March 2012: bylaws for vote bylaws changes for EDTA board vote april 2012
- BODM October 2012: Agenda
- BODM October 2012: Anti-trust
- BODM October 2012: BOD list
- BODM October 2012: digital board book
- BODM October 2012: financials
- BODM October 2012: GED bylaws
- BODM October 2012: iCal 2013CES calendar item for 2013 consumer electronics show
- BODM October 2012: iCal 2013Conf 2013 EDTA conferenec calendar item
- BODM October 2012: iCal Dec2013 calendar item for 9-dec-2013 Board call
- BODM October 2012: iCal for Dec2012 calendar item for 10-dec-2012 board call
- BODM October 2012: iCal Jan2013 calendar item for 29-jan-2013 Board meeting
- BODM October 2012: iCal July2013 1 calendar item for first day of July 2013 Board meeting
- BODM October 2012: iCal July2013 2 calendar item for second day of July 2013 Board meeting
- BODM October 2012: July minutes
- BODM October 2012: mcginn bio
- BODM October 2012: minutes from 2-Oct minutes from 02-oct-2012 BODM
- BODM October 2012: operating plan
- BODM October 2012: Policy update
- BODM September 2011: Financials financials for the Board as of 21-Sep-2011
- BODV July 2012: Amended Bylaws Amended EDTA Bylaws as recommended by the Executive Committee on 16-Jul-2012
- BODV July 2012: IRS Form 990 EDTA IRS Form 990 as recommended by the Executive Committee 16-Jul-2012
- Bogotá Launches All-electric Taxi Fleet using Long-Range BYD e6 Cross-over Sedan Bogotá, Colombia – December 11th, 2012: BYD Ltd and Praco Didacol (BYD’s Colombian distribution partner) will hold a Press Conference tomorrow, December 12th at 10:30AM at the Avenida el Dorado No 78-20 Bogotá,Colombia, with BYD’s Chairman Chuanfu Wang to announce that the first South...
- Born electric. The BMW i design DNA. Mar. 1, 2012 - BMW i spells visionary vehicles and a new take on premium mobility that has sustainability very much at heart.
- Bosch introduces Power Max First sub-$450 Electric Vehicle (EV) charging station Industry breakthrough Power Max combines fast 240V charging with increased affordability Warren, MI., - May 8, 2013 - Automotive Service Solutions, a leading supplier of technology and services, introduces Power Max, the automotive industry’s first Electric Vehicle...
- Bosch Software Innovations’ Visual Rules selected by Green Charge Networks to help U.S. utilities manage grid efficiency and reliability Innovator in smart grid technology develops energy management application to address peak load issues; Bosch Software Innovations’ integrated business rules technology deployed in smart grid demonstration project in New York City
- Boston-Power Names Former General Motors Senior Executive Robert Purcell to Board of Directors Working closely with Boston-Power’s executive team and fellow board members, Purcell is applying his expertise in battery electric vehicles (BEVs) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles to help drive the deployment of Boston-Power’s batteries throughout the transportation sector.
- Brammo Selects Flextronics as Its Global Manufacturing Partner for Electric Motorcycles Brammo, Inc. a global leader in the electric motorcycle business and Flextronics a leading global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) provider today announced that Brammo has selected Flextronics as its global manufacturing partner for the production of plug-in electric motorcycles and components.
- Brammo Unveils Ground-breaking Electric Motorcycles Empulse And Empulse R Brammo, Inc., the designer and manufacturer of world leading electric motorcycles, today revealed pricing and production plans for the Empulse and Empulse R while giving motorcycle enthusiasts in Los Angeles a first look at the stunning new design.
- Brian Wynne at Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee Hearing EDTA President Brian Wynne and several EDTA Members testified at September 16, 2008's Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee hearing. The purpose of this Full Committee Hearing was to hear the current state of vehicles powered by the electric grid and the prospects for wider deployment in the near future. There were also plug-in electric drive vehicles on display outside of the Russell Building. The event was webcast. Mr. Wynne's testimony is available here.
Brian Wynne on C-SPAN
EDTA President Brian Wynne appeared live on C-SPAN's "Washington Journal" program on June 14, 2008. He talked about the future of the plug-in electric vehicle, including the technology used and the interest by consumers and the federal government in the vehicles as an alternative to gasoline-based vehicles. He also responded to telephone calls and emailed questions. Click here to watch the video.
- Brian Wynne speaks at the IEEE International Electric Vehicle Conference EDTA President Brian Wynne speaks at the IEEE 2012 conference on electric vehicles.
- Brian Wynne to Speak at Washington, DC Auto Show "Green Car Summit" EDTA President Brian Wynne will participate at the Green Car Summit at the Washington, DC Auto Show on January 22. The summit features automotive executives and industry organizations sharing perspectives on petroleum displacement, fuel efficiency, and other challenges. For more information, call 202-408-0774 x306.
- Bright Automotive Announces World's First Purpose-Built 100 MPG Vehicle for Commercial and Government Fleets Bright Automotive unveiled the world’s first purpose-built 100 MPG vehicle aimed at commercial and government fleets.
- Bright Automotive Hires Tesla, Chrysler Veteran Mike Donoughe as Chief Operating Officer Bright Automotive today announced the hiring of Mike Donoughe to serve as the company's Chief Operating Officer. Mr. Donoughe brings strong leadership and more than 28 years of automotive experience with executive roles at Tesla, Chrysler, and Mercedes-Benz.
- Broad Coalition Offers Plan to Accelerate Adoption of Plug-In Electric Vehicles Mar. 13, 2012 - C2ES-Led Group Recommends Strategies to Connect PEVs to the U.S. Electrical Grid
- Brochure: EDTA Membership Brochure 2010 membership brochure
- BYD and Enerpoint jointly develop energy storage market in Italy Shenzhen--Recently, BYD, a world leading battery manufacturer, and Enerpoint Group, one of the top players in the international PV scenario, have announced the establishment of deep cooperative relationship with each other in order to jointly develop energy storage market in Italy,...
- BYD delivers 500 e6 pure electric police cars to Shenzhen Public Security Bureau Shenzhen, China - January 10, 2013 - Recently, BYD has won the tender for Shenzhen electric police vehicles and will deliver 500 e6 pure electric police vehicles to Shenzhen Municipal Public Security Bureau, signifying that the promotion of BYD new energy vehicles has reached a new height....
- BYD Fe-battery manufacturing base receives international certification Dec. 14, 2012 -- Recently, BYD Fe-battery manufacturingbase received the ISO/TS16949: 2009 certification, which is the firstISO/TS16949 certification in Chinese electric vehicle battery industry. It is an important milestonein the history of the development of BYD Auto ,also means that...
- BYD Motor Inc. Joins the Electric Drive Transportation Association Feb 15, 2012 - BYD Motor Inc. joins the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA)
- BYD Pure Electric Vehicles First Launch in Thailand SHENZHEN CHINA - Sep 7th, 2012: Recently, MEA, the Thailand power company, has placed an orderfor 3 pure electric vehicles from BYD. This is BYD’s first new energy vehicle business order in Thailand,adding a new domain for its global business area. ...
- BYD receives EU Whole Vehicle Type Approval for its pure electric bus Rotterdam, Netherlands, January 8, 2013 - BYD announced today that its pure electric bus has received the EU’s Whole Vehicle Type Approval, WVTA for short, allowing it to sell its electric buses in all EU member states without the need for individual national approval. BYD is...
- BYD unveils “SUV-of-the-Year” and launches new auto line-up at Chile auto show Santiago, Chile – October 19th, 2012 – China’s “SUV-of-the-Year”, the BYD S6 SUV made its debut this week at the Chile Auto Show in Santiago. Its Chilean launch promises to surprise all in the SUV segment just like it did in China – the S6 has a five-star-crash-test rating in China...
- BYD Wins European Electric Bus Orders for Netherlands Schiermonnikoog An island which is home to the Netherlands’ first National Park is about to launch Europe’s cleanest bus fleet.
- BYD Won The UAE Zayed Future Energy Finalists Award January 31, 2013 - As the first Chinese enterprise to be given the “Large Enterprise Class Finalists Award” for the UAE Zayed Future Energy Prize, BYD emerge gradually in new energy field. BYD is a member of the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA)...
- C-MAX Energi Becomes America’s Most Affordable Plug-In Hybrid as Ford Cuts Hybrid Technology Costs by 30 Percent Ford’s new C-MAX Energi – expected to offer 15 class-exclusive features, a 550-mile total range and more than 20 miles of electric-only range that is at least triple Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid’s EPA-tested range – will now be America’s most affordable plug-in hybrid when it goes on sale.
- C-MAX Lineup Success Helps Drive Ford’s Small Car Sales to 12-Year High; F-Series Marks Best November Since 2005 DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 3, 2012 – November brought growth throughout Ford’s product portfolio in the U.S., with car sales up 15 percent, utilities up 2 percent and trucks up 4 percent. Ford is a member of The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA)...
- Cadillac ELR 2014
- Cadillac ELR Luxury Coupe Breaks Cover at NAIAS Detroit - 12/18/2012 – The all-new 2014 Cadillac ELR extended-range electric luxury coupe will make its world debut January 15 at the North American International Auto Show. 2014 Cadillac ELR - General Motors is a member of the Electric Drive Transportation Association...
- Cadillac ELR Puts Energy Control at Driver’s Fingertips Luxury coupe’s Regen on Demand redefines the role of paddle shifters DETROIT - April 12, 2013 - Paddle shifters take on new meaning in the Cadillac ELR, the brand’s first electric vehicle with extended range capability that goes on sale in early 2014. ...
- Cadillac ELR to be built at Detroit-Hamtramck GM Hamtramck plant gets $35 million investment for extended-range electric vehicle
- Cadillac ELR Undergoes Winter Chassis Testing DETROIT - February 12, 2013 – Fresh off its award-winning world debut at the North American International Auto Show, the Cadillac ELR is undergoing the real-world extreme testing required to take the extended-range electric luxury coupe from auto show stage to Cadillac showrooms in...
- Cadillac Unveils The XTS Platinum Concept The XTS Platinum Concept uses Cadillac's 3.6L V-6 Direct Injection gas engine, paired with a plug-in hybrid system.
- California Adopts Low Carbon Fuel Standard:New measure will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and increase use of alternative fuels The Air Resources Board adopted a regulation that will implement a Low Carbon Fuel Standard, calling for the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions from California's transportation fuels by ten percent by 2020.
- California Commits $100 Million to Build EV-Charging Stations California Governor Edmund G. Brown, Jr. joined with the California Public Utilities Commission on March 23 to announce a $100 million dollar fund for the construction of a statewide network of charging stations for electric vehicles (EVs).
- California Plug-in Electric Vehicle Owner Survey, CCSE, Sep. 2012 Largest plug-in electric vehicle owner survey in the California's history. Reaching out to more than 2,500 California plug-in electric vehicle owners, the California Center for Sustainable Energy (CCSE) received data from 1,419 unique respondents who provided information on vehicle use, charging behavior, access to public and residential charging infrastructure, fueling costs and household demographics.
- Californians to benefit from the Nation’s Most Comprehensive Electric Vehicle Fast-Charging Network to be built by NRG and eVgo Californians to benefit from the Nation’s Most Comprehensive Electric Vehicle Fast-Charging Network to be built by NRG and eVgo. FERC approval clears path for NRG Energy to turn ”range anxiety” into “range confidence” for electric vehicle drivers.
- Call For Papers - 27th International Electric Vehicle Symposium (EVS27) How to be a speaker at EVS27: present your Electric Drive research on the world stage in 13 months in Barcelona, Spain. Send your abstract by Feb. 15, 2013.
- Calling All LEAF Owners: Nissan Supports Second Annual Plug In Day FRANKLIN, Tenn. (Sept. 20, 2012) – Nissan LEAF owners throughout the United States are gearing up for the second annual National Plug In Day on Sept. 23. This nationwide celebration of electric vehicles involves a variety of events planned in more than 60 cities across the country, with...
- Capital Expenditures Breakdown of capital expenditures as approved by the Board on January 30, 2008 with justifications and supporting documents. 1) Furniture purchases -- $55,000 a. office reception b. upgraded conference room c. 2 executive offices (also includes side chairs for 4...
- Capstone Turbine Corporation Capstone Turbine Corporation is the world's leading producer of low-emission microturbine systems, and was first to market with commercially viable air bearing turbine technology. Capstone announced that it has initiated a demonstration project with TATSA, an Argentine bus manufacturer that will use a Capstone hybrid electric drive system -- which features a C65 microturbine -- as a clean, efficient range extender for a transit bus. Capstone is headquartered in the Los Angeles area with sales and/or service centers in China, Mexico, Singapore, South America, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- Car Charging Group, Inc. Partners With Icon Parking in Manhattan to Offer Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations Car Charging Group, Inc. today announced it has entered into a pilot agreement with Icon Parking Systems, the premier provider of parking services in Manhattan, to provide electric vehicle (EV) charging stations at select trial locations helping to smooth the transition to EV by creating a useful charging network for Icon's customers.
- car2go Continues Expansion in Canada and the USA car2go North America LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Daimler North America Corporation, announced today it will expand its carsharing operations in Canada and the United States this summer, making urban mobility more convenient, more flexible, and more widely available than ever before.
- car2go Marks One Year of Carsharing in Vancouver with 15,000 Members and The Best car2go Contest Yet car2go Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Daimler North America Corporation, is celebrating its first anniversary in Vancouver with record-breaking growth and more than 15,000 registered members.
- car2go Opens For Business in Portland, Oregon car2go North America, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Daimler North America Corporation, will officially launch a new way of carsharing in Portland, Oregon on Saturday, March 31; making a large network of low-emission shared-use vehicles widely available and affordable for those who live in, work in and visit Portland.
- Carnegie Mellon, Nissan Team Up For Electric Vehicles Students at Carnegie Mellon University spent the spring semester exploring the future of electric vehicles through a partnership with Nissan North America. The class is a cross-campus collaboration among faculty and researchers at the university's Carnegie Institute of Technology (College of Engineering), School of Design and Tepper School of Business. The classroom challenge for this semester focused on addressing issues and developing solutions related to electric cars projected to be in the market in the next five years.
- Cash acquisition of Talison Lithium by Rockwood Lithium Talison Lithium Limited (“Talison” or the “Company”) (TSX:TLH) announced today that it has entered into a definitive Scheme Implementation Agreement (“SIA”) with Rockwood Holdings, Inc. (“Rockwood”) under which it is proposed that Rockwood, or a wholly-owned entity of Rockwood, will acquire 100% of the ordinary shares in the capital of Talison (the “Shares”) by way of a Scheme of Arrangement (“Scheme”) under the Australian Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) for cash consideration of C$6.50 per share.
- Cathy Zoi Nominated as Assistant Secretary for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy President Barack Obama announced his intent to nominate individuals to key administration posts, including Cathy Zoi as Assistant Secretary for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, Department of Energy.
- CEC Awards Odyne Systems Advanced Medium and Heavy Duty Vehicle Technologies Pre-Commercial Demonstrations Award to Demonstrate and Enhance the Market Viability and Acceptance of Near-Term Commercial Applications of Alternative Technologies and Alternative Fueled Vehicles. Waukesha, WI - April 29, 2013 – The California Energy Commission (CEC) has awarded Odyne...
- Celebrating 2nd Annual Plug-In Day 2012: ChargePoint Offering Electric Vehicle Drivers Free ChargePoint Cards Campbell, Calif., Sept. 18, 2012 – In honor of National Plug In Day 2012 , ChargePoint today announced it is offering free ChargePoint cards to electric vehicle drivers from Tuesday, September 18 through National Plug In Day Sunday, September 23, 2012. ChargePoint is the largest...
- Celebrating Four-Year Anniversary, ChargePoint Announces 4.0, Groundbreaking Electric Vehicle Charging Platform and Intelligent Network Streamlined, Updated look for Drivers and Stations Owners; New Features Include ChargePoint Connections, Intuitive Dashboards, Enhanced Administrative and Billing Features
- CenterPoint Energy CenterPoint Energy, Inc., headquartered in Houston, Texas, is a domestic energy delivery company that includes electric transmission & distribution, natural gas distribution, competitive natural gas sales and services, interstate pipelines, and field services operations. The company serves more than five million metered customers primarily in Arkansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas. With about 8,800 employees, CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 135 years.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP The New York office serves as the headquarters of Chadbourne & Parke. The office represents all of the Firm’s practice areas, including bankruptcy and financial restructuring, corporate, intellectual property, commercial and products liability litigation, securities litigation and regulatory enforcement, special investigations and litigation, project finance, energy, communications and technology, employment, insurance and reinsurance, real estate, tax, and trusts and estates. The range of practices in New York enables attorneys with different skills to collaborate to meet our clients' needs. In addition, our New York practice groups draw on the expertise of other offices, both within and outside the United States.
- Changes to LEED Certification Standards Delayed The US Green Building Council (USGBC) last week announced that they would delay finalizing the 2012 LEED standards to fully address stakeholder input. 2009 Standard with EV Charging Infrastructure Credits to Remain Until 2013.
- Changing the Game Plug-in Electric Vehicle Pilots, Accenture - February 17, 2011 Changing the Game: Plug-in Electric Vehicle Pilots, Accenture - February 17, 2011
- Charge up your ride: Toyota offers test drives of Prius Plug-In Hybrid at EV Day at Yonge-Dundas Square in Toronto Want to see – and drive – the future of the automobile, today? Drivers who join Toyota Canada in downtown Toronto on August 12 can do just that.
- ChargePoint 4.0, the evolution of the world’s most advanced electric vehicle charging network, goes live ChargePoint new features: ChargePoint Connections - a groundbreaking business-to-consumer networking platform; Significant advances in station management and payment services for station owners; Improved experience with a great new look, intuitive dashboards and easy navigation
- ChargePoint and City of Sacramento Celebrate 100th Electric Vehicle Charging Station Milestone Sacramento, Calif. - April 16, 2013 - ChargePoint and the City of Sacramento today announced that the City has reached a significant milestone with more than 100 electric vehicle charging stations installed in and around the California State Capitol. Many of the 100 installed EV charging...
- ChargePoint and DBT USA to Showcase Joint Electric Vehicle Charging Station Innovation at the Consumer Electronics Show, 2013 Campbell, Calif. December 19, 2012 –ChargePoint the world’s largest network of independently owned EV charging stations and DBT USA, the Chicago-based subsidiary of European EV charging infrastructure leader DBT will showcase a joint EV charging station innovation at the 2013 International...
- ChargePoint and Service Solutions Announce Reseller Agreement for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in North America ChargePoint and Service Solutions agreement. EVSE sales agreement. Today ChargePoint and Service Solutions US, LLC, (formerly SPX) an industry leader in EVSE full service supply, installation and support, today announced a reseller agreement for electric vehicle charging stations and services in the North American marketplace. Service Solutions, a supplier to virtually every major automotive manufacturer around the globe, will now resell all ChargePoint electric vehicle charging stations and services into auto manufacturers, their dealers and customers and Fortune 1,000 markets in general. The agreement is the first time Service Solutions will resell networked EV charging stations and services in the market.
- ChargePoint and SYLVANIA Lighting Services Announce Reseller Agreement for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in United States OSRAM SYLVANIA Joins U.S. Department of Energy’s Workplace Charging Challenge Campbell, Calif. and Danvers, Mass. - April 30, 2013 - ChargePoint, the world’s largest network of electric vehicle (EV) charging stations and the services division of...
- ChargePoint Announces EV Charging Station Milestone History; Official Company Name Change Campbell, Calif. December 12, 2012 – ChargePoint today announced their electric vehicle charging station network has reached several major milestones. ChargePoint has more than 10,000 EV charging station spots in North America. More than 25,000, nearly half of all EV drivers,...
- ChargePoint Applauds New York City Mayor Bloomberg’s Call for EV Readiness Campbell, CA - February 14, 2013 – New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has laid out a bold plan to make up to 20 percent of new New York City parking spaces electric vehicle (EV) ready. ChargePoint congratulates Mayor Bloomberg for his vision. ChargePoint is a member of the Electric...
- Chargepoint Brings Networked Electric Vehicle Charging Stations To Atlanta Atlanta, GA - February 11, 2013 – ChargePoint, the world’s largest electric vehicle charging network, today announced its entry into the Atlanta market with the installation of networked EV charging stations. Lanier Parking Solutions, headquartered in Atlanta, facilitated the placement of...
- ChargePoint Electric Vehicle Charging Station Holiday Photo Contest December 5, 2012 -- ChargePoint today announced its first annual electric vehicle charging station holiday photo contest. ChargePoint is a member of EDTA From Wednesday, December 5th through Friday, December 21st, EV...
- ChargePoint Introduces New Electric Vehicle Charging Station Mobile Application for iPhone and Android Campbell, Calif., December 10, 2012 -- ChargePoint today introduced its newest electric vehicle charging station mobile application for all iPhone and Android smart phones. With a new user experience and redesigned look, the ChargePoint EV charging...
- ChargePoint Joins Green Parking Council to Encourage New, Alternative Parking Practices and Green Conversion of Parking Facilities for Electric Vehicles November 1, 2012 Webinar The Essentials of Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Sponsored by ChargePoint
- ChargePoint Named Leading Electric Vehicle Charging Station Equipment Manufacturer by Pike Research Campbell, Calif. January 7, 2013 –ChargePoint has been named as the leading electric vehicle charging station manufacturer by Pike Research. ChargePoint achieved the highest worldwide ranking for feature-rich EVSE offerings, market share, geographic reach and vision. ChargePoint maintained...
- ChargePoint Partners with BMW for San Francisco Electric Vehicle Car Sharing Service New Chargepoint electric vehicle charging stations throughout San Francisco, Burlingame and Oakland to support a unique premium car-sharing service
- ChargePoint Teams with BMW’s DriveNow Electric Car Sharing Program to Showcase the Benefits of Electric Vehicles for Earth Day 2013 ChargePoint Offers Free ChargePoint Cards for EV Drivers Through April 25, 2013 Campbell, Calif., - April 22, 2013 - In celebration of Earth Day 2013, ChargePoint, Inc. the largest network of electric vehicle charging stations, today announced it has teamed with BMW’s...
- ChargePoint, National Grid, and NYSERDA Launch Electric Vehicle Charging Station Project in Upstate New York Homewood Suites in Colonie is One of First Upstate Sites Funded Through $1 Million Public/Private Partnership Albany, NY - May 22, 2013 - ChargePoint and National Grid today unveiled the first of what will be many electric vehicle charging stations funded through a $1 million...
- ChargePoint, the Electric Vehicle Charging Network Leader, Recognized for Potential to Transform the Future of Business and Society Coulomb Technologies today announced that the Company has been named as a 2013 Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum. Coulomb’s ChargePoint is the largest network of independently-owned charging stations for electric vehicles (EVs) in the world and was recognized for its potential to ‘transform the future of business and society.’ The Technology Pioneers Award, consisting of 23 of the world’s most innovative technology start-ups, will be honored at the Forum’s Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2012 in Tianjin, People’s Republic of China, September 11 – 13, 2012.
- Charging 101: What consumers need to know about charging their plug-in electric vehicles at home, work or on the go Charging 101: What consumers need to know about charging their plug-in electric vehicles at home, work or on the go
- Charging CEATEC CHIBA, Japan – There's a growing trend in consumer electronics and IT: cars. Japan's largest showcase of electronics and information technology, CEATEC, kicked off with three carmakers displaying products in which mobility, electronics and IT intersect....
- Charging Station Installation Handbook, Advanced Energy - March 2011 Charging Station Installation Handbook, Advanced Energy - March 2011
- Charging stations for electric vehicles at Place des Arts, the newest member of The Electric Circuit The founding partners of the Electric Circuit—Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert, RONA, METRO, the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) and Hydro-Québec—are pleased to announce the signing of a partnership agreement with Place des Arts for the installation of four public charging stations in its underground parking lot.
- Charging without searching: New car2go charging spots at Amsterdam Q-Park garages car2go today announced that 18 new dedicated electric vehicle charging points are available in three Amsterdam Q-Park garages. After successfully launching car2go in November 2011, more than 7.000 members are using the service for their trips in the Amsterdam city center.
- Checking a Skeptic’s Fuzzy Math Bjorn Lomborg’s recent opinion piece in the Wall Street Journal, “Green Cars Have a Dirty Little Secret,” argues that the environmental benefits of grid-connected vehicles do not justify federal investment. The author is mistaken on both the benefits to the environment and the...
- Chevrolet and Microsoft Advertising Rev Up the Test-Drive Experience for New Chevrolet Volt When Kinect for Xbox 360 launches this fall, consumers will have the opportunity to take the test-drive concept to a new level by driving a Chevrolet Volt in "Kinect Joy Ride," the first controller-free racing game from Microsoft Game Studios. After viewing the video advertisement in-dash on Xbox LIVE or on the Web, consumers will be able to unlock the Chevrolet Volt in "Kinect Joy Ride" to actually drive the car in the game.
- Chevrolet Begins Taking Volt Orders; Pricing Announced Starting today, participating Chevrolet dealers in launch markets will begin taking customer orders for the 2011 Chevrolet Volt, the industry’s first electric vehicle with extended-range capability.
- Chevrolet Equinox Fuel Cell Passes 1 Million Miles The Chevrolet Equinox fuel cell electric vehicles passed 1 million miles of gasoline and tailpipe pollution-free driving by homemakers, accountants, computer game designers and others using the vehicles every day in real-world conditions.
- Chevrolet Gets Lots of Love from Fans on Twitter Brand has highest number of positive tweets of any automaker in past year DETROIT – February 13, 2013 - On Valentine’s Day, people around the world celebrate the ones they love. The word ‘love’ has been used on Twitter to describe Chevrolets over 55,000 times in the past year...
- Chevrolet Pioneers Auto Environmental Label Jan 26, 2012 - Ecologic sticker debuting on Sonic lists environmentally important vehicle features
- Chevrolet Ranked Highest in Three J.D. Power and Associates APEAL Study Segments More than any other brand
- Chevrolet Spark and Sonic Drive with Siri LOS ANGELES – Tuesday, November 27, 2012 – Early next year, the Chevrolet Spark (1LT, 2LT) and Sonic LTZ and RS will integrate Siri, the intelligent assistant that helps get things done just by asking. Chevrolet made the announcement today at the Los Angeles International Auto Show....
- Chevrolet Spark EV is Pure, Electric Fun Price of the Chevrolet Spark EV: competitively priced under $25,000 with tax incentives. Chevrolet Spark EV features: Expected range among best in EV segment; Advanced, U.S.-built motor and drive unit deliver best-in-class acceleration; Two seven-inch, high-resolution LCD screens display key vehicle functions and infotainment; Initial markets include California, Oregon, Canada, South Korea and other global markets; Optional SAE Combo DC Fast Charging capability enables Spark EV to charge to 80 percent in 20 minutes
- Chevrolet Spark EV Lease as Low as $199 per Month Could save owner average $150 monthly in fuel costs based on EPA assessments DETROIT. - May 23, 2013 - Chevrolet announced today a low mileage lease on the new 2014 Spark EV 1LT for as low as $199 per month* for 36 months, with $999 due at lease signing including security deposit...
- Chevrolet Spark Most Efficient U.S. Retail Electric Vehicle Electric range EPA estimated at 82 miles NEW YORK - April 24, 2013 - The 2014 Chevrolet Spark EV is the industry benchmark in retail electric vehicle efficiency with a combined city/highway EPA estimated range of 82 miles when fully charged and an EPA-estimated...
- Chevrolet Stands Behind Volt With Standard Eight-Year, 100,000-Mile Battery Warranty The Chevrolet Volt electric vehicle with extended range will provide customers with an unprecedented, standard, eight-year/100,000-mile warranty on its advanced, lithium-ion battery. It is the automotive industry's longest, most comprehensive battery warranty for an electric vehicle, and is transferable at no cost to other vehicle owners.
- Chevrolet to Debut Spark EV at LA Auto Show Chevrolet small electric car Spark EV: Advanced version of MyLink for 2014 Impala adds functionality
- Chevrolet Volt 'Freedom Drive' to Celebrate Newest Launch Markets Chevrolet Volt making a four-day, 1,776 mile trek from Austin to New York City
- Chevrolet Volt Adds Four States to Launch Chevrolet is adding Texas, New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut to the launch markets for the Volt, Ed Whitacre, General Motors chairman and CEO, announced today. Whitacre said the company is expanding the initial launch of the groundbreaking electric vehicle in response to intense interest in the Volt from customers across the country.
- Chevrolet Volt Batteries Could Enable Renewable Energy Solutions General Motors and ABB Group will work together to develop pilot projects for re-using the batteries from the Chevrolet Volt electric vehicle, examining whether the batteries may be a source for renewable energy that could improve the effectiveness of wind and solar power generation.
- Chevrolet Volt March Sales Update Volthighway2The Volt had its strongest sales month to date in March, with sales of more than 2,000 vehicles. Sales nearly doubled from January to February and that trend continued into March. This is positive sales growth and we're very pleased with the potential with the California market, where low-emission package Volts can now be driven in HOV lanes.
- Chevrolet Volt Owners Get Plugged-In Owners get charged up over National Plug in Day
- Chevrolet Volt Owners Surpass 100 Million Electric Miles How many miles have Chevrolet Volt driven? What is the impact of Chevrolet Volt? How much does a Chevrolet Volt save you? 5 million gallons of fuel saved; $1,300 a year in fuel costs avoided
- Chevrolet Volt Saves Supertanker of Gas More than 40 million electrically powered miles driven
- Chevrolet Volt, Nissan LEAF and Other Electric Vehicles to Participate in Detroit Ride-and-Drive, October 12-13 This October, the Business of Plugging In(SM) conference will host an exclusive ride-and-drive event offering attendees the opportunity to get behind the wheel of several production and concept electric vehicles.
- Chicago Electric Car Charging Project The Chicago project calls for installation and operation of 280 chargers, 73 DC Fast and 207 Level 2 chargers.
- Chronology of all Toyota hybrids As of Nov. 8, 2012 - According to Toyota Motor Corp. (from newest to oldest) 2012 Nov. - Redesigned Auris Hybrid launched (for sale outside Japan). Oct. - Cumulative hybrid vehicle sales in Japan top 2 million mark; cumulative global hybrid vehicle sales from January...
- Chrysler LLC
- Chrysler LLC Descends on Washington, D.C., to Demonstrate Latest Electric Vehicle and Connectivity Technologies The newest members of Chrysler LLC’s ENVI electric-vehicle lineup made their political debut at the Washington Auto Show Public Policy Day.
- Chrysler LLC Forms Strategic Alliance with A123Systems for ENVI Electric Vehicle Lineup Chrysler LLC and A123Systems have signed an agreement stating that A123Systems will supply energy storage systems for Chrysler's first-generation ENVI Range-extended Electric Vehicles and battery only Electric Vehicles.
- CIM Research LLC CIM is focused on supplying OEMs with critical technologies. For Battery Electric Vehicles, CIM's motor is suitable for gator-type and side-by-side UTVs, tractors, buses, and in-city cars. For Generators, CIM's generator is suitable for wind turbines and gensets. Its electrical/mechanical revolutions ratio can be customized to be anywhere in the range of 6:1 to 100:1, doing away with the need for a rotor/generator gear box in wind turbine applications and ensuring high reliability. For Hybrids, in conjunction with its partner companies, CIM is offering Series Hybrid Drives for use in full-function, family cars (using one or two motors), and in extreme performance muscle cars (using four motors).
- Cities Join Forces on Electric Vehicles Fourteen of the world’s largest cities today committed to take steps over the next year to make their cities more electric vehicle-friendly, in collaboration with four leading vehicle manufacturers and the Clinton Climate Initiative.
- Cities of Lisbon and Seoul receives E-Visionary Award Los Angeles—May 9, 2012— The World Electric Vehicle Association (WEVA) today presented the Cities of Lisbon and Seoul with an E-Visionary Award at the 26 th International Electric Vehicle Symposium (EVS26). The City of Lisbon The City of Lisbon was...
- City of Grenoble, Grenoble-Alpes Métropole, Cité lib, EDF, Toyota Motor Corporation to Launch Ultra-compact Urban EV Car-sharing Project Grenoble, France, - March 4, 2013 - The city of Grenoble, the Grenoble-Alpes Métropole2, car-sharing service operator Cité lib, French energy provider Électricité de France (EDF) and Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) signed here today a Memorandum of Understanding to begin by the end of...
- City of Houston Installs Coulomb Technologies Networked Charging Stations for Electric Vehicles The ten charging stations available for consumer and City fleet use are part of a public demonstration project.
- City of Milwaukee Unveils Plans for Up to Five ChargePoint Electric Vehicle Charging Stations, Including Discovery World in Milwaukee Coulomb Technologies announced today that the new electric vehicle (EV) charging station unveiled at Discovery World in Milwaukee is part of Coulomb’s ChargePoint Network, the largest network of independently owned charging stations in the world.
- City of New York
- City of Ottawa and Hydro Ottawa unveil electric car charging station at City Hall Ottawa – Nov. 1, 2012 – Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson, River Ward City Councillor and Chair of the City’s Environment Committee, Maria McRae and Bryce Conrad, President and Chief Executive Officer of Hydro Ottawa, unveiled an electric vehicle charging station near the Lisgar Street...
- City of San Francisco Unveils Charging Stations for Electric Vehicles Coulomb Technologies announced the City of San Francisco has installed its Smartlet™ Networked Charging Stations at City Hall.
- Classic Curves: Inspiration Found at Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance This year, Infiniti’s team unveiled the new Infiniti Emerg-e for the first time in North America.
- Clean Cities Electric Vehicle Community Readiness Workshop Webcast - May 1, 2013 Save the date and mark your calendars for the upcoming Clean Cities Electric Vehicle Community Readiness Workshop Webcast. Join the U.S. Department of Energy's Clean Cities program for an online webcast on May 1 from 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM ET featuring leaders of the program's 16 EV...
- Clean Cities FY09 Petroleum Reduction Technologies Projects for the Transportation Sector The synopsis for this grant opportunity is detailed below, following this paragraph. This synopsis contains all of the updates to this document that have been posted as of 02/25/2009 . If updates have been made to the opportunity synopsis, update information is provided below the synopsis....
- Clean Cities Quarterly EV Webinar - Tues, June 14th 1:00 Dear Colleague – The DoE’s Clean Cities program graciously affords our members/strategic partners the opportunity to participate on their quarterly EV webinars. Clean Cities has a great deal of new activity underway to advance electric drive. Tuesday’s...
- Clean Communities of CNY Receives Six Toyota Prius Plug-In Hybrids for Local Demonstration Programs Clean Communities of CNY, the local chapter of the U.S. Department of Energy's Clean Cities Program, today received six Prius Plug-in Hybrid vehicles (PHV) as part of Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.'s (TMS) U.S. plug-in demonstration program.
- Clean Vehicle Research Institute Inc.
- Climate Change Legislation, reports, Media, Opinion, Outlook
- Clippercreek and Silver Spring Networks First to Market with Smart Grid-Integrated Electric Vehicle Charging Station ClipperCreek, Inc., a leading producer of plug-in electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and Silver Spring Networks, a leading Smart Grid solutions provider, announced Thursday the joint development of the first fully integrated, Level 2 Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) smart charging station.
- ClipperCreek Announces Listing of Its Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure on GSA Schedule Contract Number GS07F0127V ClipperCreek, Inc., the leader in the electric vehicle infrastructure market, announced today that it has been added to the GSA schedule through its partner distributor Thompson Engineering, Company.
- Clone of Tesla Motors Model S Makes its Asian Debut in Hong Kong Hong Kong Also Welcomes New Interactive Space Tuesday, January 8, 2013 - Tesla Motors Model S is now available for in-person customer demonstrations and test drives in Hong Kong. Model S is the world’s first premium sedan built from the ground up as an electric vehicle and has been...
- Club Assist Club Assist’s business is centered on providing mobility through battery related products and services to its over 60 motoring club clients globally. A natural extension of these services and products comes from growing technologies in alternative fuel vehicles. The very close relationship between motoring clubs and their members stands to be tested with new technology and ownership models evolving in this new market space. Club Assist is well positioned to take action in this space and support motoring club activities, drive EV (Electric Vehicle) infrastructure development and adoption of these technologies by motoring club members globally.
- Club Assist Puts the “Green” in Electric Vehicle Roadside Assistance with WORLD FIRST “Lithium” Mobile EV Charger Stranded Electric Vehicle Motorists Can Now Put to Rest Range and Environmental Concerns
- Club Assist receives The Australian Business Award for Product Innovation Mobile EVSE - Charger The Australian Business Awards are delighted to recognise Club Assist as recipients of The Australian Business Award for Product Innovation for the research and development of the Mobile Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) charger. The achievement of...
- Club Assist Wins Bronze Stevie® Award In 2012 International Business Awards State-of-the-art Lithium Mobile EV Charger earns a Stevie®
- Coda All-Electric Sedan Selected as a Finalist by Green Car Journal for Its 2010 Green Car Vision Award™ The all-electric CODA four-passenger sedan powered by a UQM® PowerPhase® propulsion system has been selected as a finalist by Green Car Journal for its prestigious 2010 Green Car Vision Award™.
- CODA Automotive Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, CODA Automotive is a privately held company that designs and manufactures 100% electric cars and advanced battery systems built for transportation and utility applications. Launched in June 2009, the company designs, brands, markets and distributes electric vehicles utilizing a manufacturing partnership strategy which allows Coda Automotive to develop vehicles rapidly in a flexible manner – avoiding the traditionally capital-intensive nature of the automobile business. CODA’s vehicle has a best-in-class powertrain, a range 120 miles and will be delivered in the second half of 2011.
- Coda Automotive announces more affordable mileage range option for 2012 all-electric sedan Jan. 9, 2012 - The CODA sedan will have two mileage range and price options in 2012. The new 31kWh battery option will provide a driving range of up to 125 miles and will be available at a lower base MSRP of $37,250.
- CODA Automotive Delivers First Fleet Vehicle to American Electric Power CODA Automotive, a leading developer and manufacturer of the new, all-electric CODA, today announced the delivery of its first fleet vehicle sale to AEP Ohio, a unit of American Electric Power (NYSE: AEP).
- CODA Automotive Drives its First All-Electric 2012 CODA off the Production Line Mar. 12, 2012 - Amid cheering employees, the first fully assembled CODA - a silver all- electric sedan with a 31 kWh battery pack - to be sold to consumers drove off the final assembly line. The momentous occasion officially kicked-off the final assembly of CODA Automotive’s first all-electric 2012 CODA five passenger sedans that will be sold in California - ultimately to current reservation holders.
- CODA Automotive Launches Direct-to-Consumer Sales of Its All-Electric, Zero Tailpipe Emissions Sedan CODA Automotive, a California-based, American-engineered electric car and battery company, today announced that it is accepting deposits for its 100% electric, four-door, five-passenger sedan designed to meet the majority of American drivers' daily transportation needs without using an ounce of gasoline.
- CODA Automotive Named One of 40 Leading Businesses For ‘The GOOD Company Project’ Project Highlights 40 Midmarket Businesses That are Working Smarter for a Better World
- CODA Automotive offers 10,000 miles of free fuel CODA Automotive, the all-electric car company, provides relief from high gas prices with its gasoline engine alternative vehicle and free miles promotion through a $552 rebate
- CODA Automotive Puts a Free Fueling Station in Customers’ Garages The All-Electric Car Company Continues to Offer Savings and Convenience by Providing Free Home Charging Solutions to Consumers
- CODA Automotive Selects Martin Automotive Group and Fladeboe Automotive Group as First Los Angeles and Orange County Dealers Mar. 14, 2012 - CODA Automotive, a leading developer of all-electric vehicles, today announced award-winning Martin Automotive Group in West Los Angeles and Fladeboe Automotive Group in Irvine, Calif. as its first dealers in the Los Angeles region.
- CODA Automotive Selects Mr. Electric as Preferred EV Charging Station Installation Partner CODA Automotive, a leading developer of all-electric vehicles, today named electric service and repair company Mr. Electric as its preferred provider of electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) installation services.
- CODA Automotive Taps Former GM North America Top Sales & Marketing Executive California-based manufacturer of electric car and battery systems, CODA Automotive, has hired Michael A. Jackson as senior vice president of global sales and distribution.
- CODA Automotive to Launch the All-Electric CODA Sedan in Hawai'i in 2011 CODA Automotive, a privately held American company that designs, manufactures and sells all-electric vehicles and battery systems for transportation and utility related applications, today announced its intent to distribute the CODA Sedan to consumer and fleet customers in Hawai'i in the third quarter of 2011.
- Coda Automotive Unveils Mainstream All-Electric Sedan Coda Automotive, formed and developed under the stewardship of entrepreneur Miles Rubin, announced that it will be introducing an affordable, full performance all-electric sedan to the mainstream California market in 2010.
- CODA Earns Best-in-Class Range Rating from EPA Mar. 13, 2012 - CODA Automotive, a leading developer of all-electric vehicles, today announced that the all-electric 31kWh 2012 CODA sedan earned a combined (city/highway) range of 88 miles per full charge range rating from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) based on standard testing procedures.
- CODA Energy Teams up with Stem in Deployment of Smart Energy Optimization System at the InterContinental Hotels of San Francisco Energy Optimization Solutions from Stem Including a Battery-Based CODA Core™ Helps Two Landmark Hotels Efficiently Manage Renewable Electricity Usage and Demands
- CODA Holdings and Great Wall Motors to Jointly Co-develop Affordable Electric Vehicle CODA Holdings, a leading developer of all-electric vehicles and advanced battery systems, today announced it has signed a contract with Great Wall Motors Company to co-develop the first all-electric vehicle for worldwide development and distribution.
- CODA Holdings Receives Innovation Award from Association for Corporate Growth CODA Holdings, a leading developer of all-electric vehicles and advanced battery systems purpose-built for transportation and energy storage applications, today announced that it has received the Innovation Award from the Los Angeles chapter of the Association of Corporate Growth (ACG).
- CODA Holdings Receives Prestigious 2012 Patrick Soon-Shiong Innovation Award from the Los Angeles Business Journal Los Angeles' Most Respected Business Publication and Internationally Recognized Philanthropist and Biotech Entrepreneur Honor Top Los Angeles Leaders for Innovation
- Collaboration Critical to the Success of Electric Vehicle Industry ollaboration is critical if the global electric vehicles industry is to fulfill its potential, according to participants of Ernst & Young's 'Ignition Sessions' – a global series of executive roundtables attended by key stakeholders from across the electric vehicle value chain.
- Combines comfort and functionality with dynamic performance and style: the BMW Concept Active Tourer Munich. With the new BMW Concept Active Tourer, BMW presents a vehicle at the 2012 Paris Motor Show which is the first in the premium compact segment to combine comfort and space functionality with dynamic performance and style. Annual growth rates of up to five per cent are expected in...
- Comeback of the Electric Car, Boston Consulting Group - January 2009 Comeback of the Electric Car, Boston Consulting Group - January 2009
- ComEd Launches Nation's First 'Smart Grid Innovation Corridor' ComEd today launched the "ComEd Smart Grid Innovation Corridor," one of the broadest collections of Smart Grid pilots in the country.
- Coming Soon to a Desktop Near you: Electric Vehicle Virtual Tradeshow This virual experience will give you access to download and view videos, product fact sheets and chat with product experts--all from the convenience of your home or office.
- Communauto to offer all-electric Nissan LEAF to clients in 2011 Communauto, one of the world's largest and North America’s first carsharing service, announced today a commitment to add 50 Nissan LEAFs to its fleet when the vehicle is available to the Canadian market in the fall of 2011.
- Compact Power Compact Power, Inc. (CPI) a subsidiary of LG Chem, Ltd., is bringing the power of Lithium-Ion Polymer Battery Technology to North America for Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV), Plug-In Electric Vehicle (PHEV), and Electric Vehicle (EV) applications in the automotive, commercial, and military markets. CPI/LG Chem is leveraging its engineering talent, solid financial resources, and cutting edge technology to become the supplier of choice for advanced energy storage systems. CPI’s solutions are safe, high-power/high-energy, compact, and lightweight.
- Congressman Levin Introduces Hybrid Truck Tax Credit Congressman Sander Levin introduced legislation to extend and improve the existing tax credits for the purchase of medium and heavy duty hybrid vehicles. Tax credits ranging from $1,500 to $12,000 are currently available for the purchase of medium or heavy duty hybrid vehicles, such as delivery vehicles, utility trucks and garbage trucks. The maximum credit varies depending on the size and fuel efficiency of the vehicle. This important incentive to speed the deployment of heavy duty hybrid vehicles is currently set to expire at the end of this year.
- Contact EDTA: Mailing Address: 1101 Vermont Avenue, NW Suite 401 Washington, DC 20005 Phone: 202-408-0774 Fax: 202-408-7610 ______________________________________________________________________ Brian P. Wynne - President ( Bio ) Extension 307 Genevieve Cullen - Vice President ( Bio )...
- Contacting EDTA/Staff Directory Mailing Address: 1101 Vermont Avenue, NW Suite 401 Washington, DC 20005 Phone: 202-408-0774 ______________________________________________________________________ Brian P. Wynne-- President ( Bio ) Genevieve Cullen-- Vice President (Bio ) Michelle...
- Control Module Inc. EVSE Installs Portable Valet Electric Vehicle Charging Stations at Executive Valet Parking ENFIELD, CT – May 4, 2011 – Enfield, Connecticut-based Control Module Inc.'s (CMI) EVSE division today announced it has installed Portable Valet charging stations at Executive Valet Parking in Suffield, CT. Executive Valet Parking has purchased 2 portable electric vehicle (EV) charger...
- Control Module Inc. Unveils New Hand-held Testing Device for Electric Vehicle Chargers Feb. 28, 2012 - Enfield, Connecticut-based Control Module Inc.'s (CMI) EVSE division today announced the Company has introduced a new hand-held testing device, the “Electrician,” to ensure the safe installation of electric vehicle chargers.
- Coulomb Provides Infrastructure as First Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrids Arrive in Bay Area for U.S. Demonstration Program Coulomb Technologies today announced that it will provide ChargePoint® Networked Charging Stations for EVs to the Silicon Valley Leadership Group. The ChargePoint stations will be used to fuel the first three Prius Plug-in Hybrid Vehicles (PHV) as Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc launches their U.S. plug-in demonstration program.
- Coulomb Technologies Coulomb Technologies offers a family of products and services that provide a smart charging infrastructure for plug-in vehicles. Coulomb's ChargePoint network and Smartlet Charging Stations address the needs of drivers, utilities, governments and parking space owners.
- Coulomb Technologies Achieves UL Listing from Underwriters Laboratories for ChargePoint Networked Charging Stations for Electric Vehicles Coulomb Technologies today announced that its ChargePoint® CT2100 charging station has been certified to Underwriters Laboratories’ new requirements UL Subject 2594. UL Subject 2594 is the safety requirement covering Electric Vehicle (EV) supply equipment, and Coulomb’s ChargePoint CT2100 product family is one of the first charging stations to be evaluated to this standard.
- Coulomb Technologies and Aker Wade Announce Availability of Level III Networked Fast Charging Stations for Electric Vehicles Coulomb Technologies and Aker Wade Power Technologies announced an agreement to deploy Level III networked fast charging stations for electric vehicles worldwide.
- Coulomb Technologies Announces Completion of ChargePoint America Program Shipping Milestone of More than 2400 Public and Commercial Charging Stations Campbell, Calif., April 10, 2012 Coulomb Technologies today announced the completion of more than 2400 shipments of its public and commercial charging stations for electric vehicles through its ChargePoint® America program.
- Coulomb Technologies Announces Nashville as Latest City Tto Install Charging Stations for Electric Vehicles The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County is the first municipality in the State of Tennessee to install and deploy ChargePoint™ Networked Charging Stations for plug-in electric vehicles.
- Coulomb Technologies CEO Richard Lowenthal Awarded 2009 Citizen of the Year by the Cupertino Chamber of Commerce Coulomb Technologies anounced that CEO Richard Lowenthal has been named ‘2009 Citizen of the Year’ by the Cupertino Chamber of Commerce.
- Coulomb Technologies ChargePoint Charging Station for Electric Vehicles Compatible with the Nissan LEAF Coulomb Technologies today announced that its ChargePoint® Networked Charging Stations for electric vehicles has an Underwriter Laboratories listed CT2100 product family that is compatible with the Nissan LEAF.
- Coulomb Technologies ChargePoint Networked Charging Station for EV Installed in Energy Efficient Residential Community in Philadelphia March 29, 2010 Campbell, CA Coulomb Technologies, in cooperation with Green Power Technologies, today announced that its ChargePoint® Networked Charging Station ( www.coulombtech.com/products.php ) for electric vehicles has been installed in Philadelphia’s first energy efficient housing...
- Coulomb Technologies Secures $14 Million in Series B Funding Led by Voyager Capital and Rho Ventures Fueling its expansion into the market for powering EVs, Coulomb will use the funds to expand research and development, operations capital and sales.
- Coulomb Technologies to Significantly Expand ChargePoint Network with Announcement of Strategic Partnerships Coulomb Technologies today announced plans to significantly expand the ChargePoint® Network through partnership agreements with Leviton, Siemens and Aker Wade.
- Coulomb Technologies Unveils ChargePoint Network Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in New York City Coulomb Technologies today announced the installation of its first public ChargePoint® Networked Charging Station for electric vehicles (EV) in New York City, part of the $37 million ChargePoint America program. ChargePoint America will offer free stations for both public and home charging to individuals and businesses throughout the metropolitan area.
- Coulomb Technologies Unveils first ChargePoint America Electric Vehicle Charging Station in Michigan Coulomb Technologies today announced the installation of its first ChargePoint® networked electric vehicle charging station in Michigan from its $37 million ChargePoint America program. ChargePoint America will offer hundreds of free stations for public and home charging to individuals and businesses throughout southern Michigan[...]
- Coulomb Technologies Unveils first ChargePoint America Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in San Jose, Calif. oulomb Technologies today announced the installation of its first ChargePoint(r) Networked Charging Station for electric vehicles in San Jose, California from its $37 million ChargePoint America program.
- County of Sonoma unveils Coulomb infrastructure The County of Sonoma, CA has become the fourth Bay Area location to deploy Coulomb ChargePoint™ Networked Charging Stations for electric vehicles.
- Cracker Barrel Expands Comfort Zone for Electric Vehicle Drivers New eVgo Chargers at Texas Locations Give EV Drivers More Options
- Critical Minerals Supply Chain Legislation Issue Date: April 15, 2011 Comments due date: May 6, 2011 by 4:00:00 PM Eastern Time Washington, D.C.- April 15, 2011 - U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, today released a discussion draft of legislation designed to revitalize the nation's critical minerals supply...
CRS: Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Legislation
Congressional Research Service (CRS)
Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Legislation in the 110th Congress
This report reviews the status of energy efficiency and renewable energy legislation introduced during the 110th Congress. Action has focused on legislation to increase funding for energy efficiency and renewable energy.
Click "Read more" to download the complete CRS Report dated May 1, 2007.
- CSA Group To Develop Four New Standards Addressing Climate Change Impact In Canada's Far North On Behalf Of Standards Council Of Canada Toronto, November 14, 2012 – CSA Group, a leading provider of standards development, training and advisory solutions, global product testing and certification, and product performance evaluation, today announces that it has been selected by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) to...
- CSA Standards
- CU-NREL Energy Institute Launches Study of Plug-in Hybrid Vehicles in Boulder The University of Colorado at Boulder's Renewable and Sustainable Energy Institute, or RASEI -- a joint venture with the U.S. Department of Energy's National Renewable Energy Laboratory -- will partner with Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. in a field study of household experiences and the technical impacts of plug-in hybrid electric vehicles, or PHVs, in a "smart grid" environment.
- Cumulative Sales of TMC Hybrids Top 2 Million Units in Japan Toyota total hybrid sales: Global Cumulative Sales Surpass 4,600,000 Units
- Cumulative worldwide sales of Honda hybrid vehicles reaches 1 million units TOKYO, Japan, October 15, 2012 - Honda Motor Co., Ltd. announced that its cumulative worldwide sales of hybrid vehicles surpassed 1 million units as of the end of September 2012. This milestone was reached 12 years and 11 months after the start of sales of the first generation Insight in Japan...
- Curtis Supplies Cabs to St. Andrews Golf Course Curtis Industries, LLC has supplied fourteen of its StreetPro SE golf car enclosures to the St. Andrews Golf Club in Scotland, site of the upcoming British Open. Curtis’ dealer installed the enclosures on Yamaha Drive golf cars.
- Cynthia K. Brabander Appointed Eaton Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer Mar. 2, 2012 - Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation (NYSE:ETN) announced that Cynthia K. Brabander has been named executive vice president and chief human resources officer effective March 1, 2012.
- Daimler Daimler’s road map for sustainable transportation is comprised of optimizing combustion engines, increasing the use of alternate fuels, and achieving emission-free driving with fuels cells and battery-driven vehicles. One example of an activity in this area is the current electric drive test fleet running in London. 100 Smart EV vehicles are being tested under real world conditions by select customers. Compact cars such as the Smart fortwo EV are particularly suited to congested urban areas. Fuel cell technology has the greatest potential in terms of emission free driving – not only in urban areas, but also for longer distances. At the end of 2007, Daimler’s worldwide fuel cell fleet of over 100 vehicles had accumulated more than 2.35 million miles and 180,400 hours of operation. In 2010, the new generation fuel cell drive with considerably improved performance characteristics will be launched in the B-Class F-Cell – the first fuel cell vehicle produced under series production conditions.
- Daimler acquires interest in startup company tiramizoo Tiramizoo and Daimler: Strategic partnership with the pioneer in the field of online services for local urban deliveries; Daimler has acquired a minority interest; Networking of local urban mobility and transport services creates comprehensive and efficient portfolio.
- Daimler and BYD announce DENZA Brand for New Battery-Electric Vehicle The new DENZA brand for the electric vehicle developed by BYD Daimler New Technology Co. Ltd. (BDNT), the 50:50 joint venture between Daimler and Chinese electric battery and car manufacturer BYD, was formally revealed today in Shenzhen at the “EV – The Future” event.
- Daimler and Renault-Nissan expand scope of collaboration Daimler and Renault-Nissan Alliance partner on fuel-efficient engines and transmissions. Original projects remain on track as partnership expands globally
- Daimler Buses North America Receives Major Orders for Hybrid and Diesel Buses Daimler Buses North America announced the initial order of up to 500 diesel-electric hybrid buses, with options for up to 200 buses, from King County Metro in Seattle, WA.
- Daimler Presents Extensive Product Offensive The Daimler AG called attention to two world premieres and one European premiere that it will display at the world’s biggest commercial vehicle exhibition in Hanover.
- Daimler to present its prize for the best electric drive system for the third time At this year’s “Formula Student Germany” event, Daimler will again present its “Best E-Drive Packaging Award” for an outstanding electric drive solution.
- Daimler Trucks North America Leads Industry by Certifying Complete Vehicle Lineup GHG14 Compliant Feb. 28, 2012 - The American Daimler subsidiary Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) has been certified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as fully compliant with the new “Greenhouse Gas 2014” (GHG14) regulation for its complete product portfolio of model year 2013 long-distance haulage, medium duty, construction and municipal vehicles.
- Daimler: Sustainability Dialogue 2012 Daimler CSR forum: Daimler maintains a regular exchange of ideas with its stakeholders or stakeholder groups. At the 5th “Sustainability Dialogue” in Stuttgart representatives from non-governmental organisations, associations, labour unions, communities and Daimler debated the company’s important sustainability issues. Corporate Social Responsibility of Daimler Group.
- Dan Akerson Speech to CERAWeek Energy Conference HOUSTON, - March 6, 2013 - General Motors Chairman and CEO Dan Akerson spoke to the HIS CERAWeek energy conference on Wednesday. His prepared remarks follow: General Motors is a member of the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) www.electricdrive.org...
- Dana Develops Industry-First Battery Cooling Technology for Electric Vehicles Dana Holding Corporation has developed a Long® heat exchanger designed to extend battery life in hybrid and electric vehicles.
- DBT announces press conference in partnership with French OEM Matra in Los Angeles On Monday, May 7th/1.15pm (EDT) at Los Angeles Convention Center (West Hall, media briefing zone), DBT (booth#1246) will reveal, in partnership with French light-duty vehicle manufacturer Matra (#1248), innovative light-duty charging technologies for electric two-wheelers at the Electric Vehicle Symposium (EVS26), the world-class conference dedicated to electric vehicle innovations.
- DBT introduces new DC Quick Charger at Geneva Motor Show Mar. 5, 2012 - DBT, a main player in the field of electric vehicle charging infrastructure, has announced its participation to the 82th Geneva Motor Show.
- DBT USA DBT USA provides turnkey charging infrastructure hardware and software, as well as integration services for every Electric Vehicle charging application, including fleet, public, and home. In addition to providing Level I, Level II, and Level III DC quick chargers, DBT USA offer a full range of sustainable charging infrastructure through solar-powered on-grid and off-grid solutions.
- DBT-CEV installs its 300th quick charger for electric vehicles on European territory and gears up for the arrival of new European “Combo” standard April 12, 2013 - DBT-CEV will install at the end of April its 300th charger for electric vehicle since program inception in January 2012, making this solution the best-selling fast charger for electric vehicle in the European market. In addition to tripling its production capacity, the...
- Dean Foods and Thermo King Introduce Advanced Eco-Friendly Technology for One of Nation's Largest Refrigerated Transportation Fleets The diesel-free, hybrid electric-powered refrigeration technology will help Dean Foods reduce its carbon footprint while creating operational efficiencies and cost savings.
- Deliveries to commence at the end of April/beginning of May: smart ebike wins prestigious design award The 30-man jury of the prestigious "Red Dot Design Award" judged more than 4500 products from 58 countries and awarded the smart ebike the "red dot: best of the best" prize for top design quality. The award ceremony will be held on 2 July 2012 in Essen.
- Delphi Completes Acquisition of Motorized Vehicles Division of FCI Positions Company As a Leading Automotive Connectors Supplier. Accelerates Long-Term Sales and Earnings Growth
- Delphi Electronics & Safety
- Delphi highlights innovative solutions for powertrain electrification at eCarTec Paris 2013 PARIS - April 12, 2013 - Delphi Automotive (NYSE: DLPH) will feature a new range of DC/DC converters for 12V-micro and 48V-mild hybrid applications and a complete portfolio of vehicle charging systems for hybrid and electric vehicles at the eCarTec Paris - 2nd International Trade Fair for...
- Delphi Introduces New, Broad Connection System Capabilities, Expanded Global Footprint Delphi buys FCI: Integration of Motorized Vehicles Division of FCI solidifies position as premier connector supplier
- Delphi presents technologies for greener gasoline, diesel and hybrid vehicles at Aachen Colloquium Innovations include gasoline direct injection with compression ignition and light-weight power electronics for hybrids
- Delphi technologies help Ferrari reach emissions reduction goal on new limited-edition, special series model GENEVA, - March 5, 2013 - When Ferrari set out to develop the most advanced and powerful vehicle the brand has ever developed, the company turned to Delphi Automotive (NYSE: DLPH) for help with two key vehicle systems to increase performance while decreasing emissions. Delphi is a...
- Delphi to Develop Innovative Manufacturing Technology With $3.7 Million Grant From U.S. Department of Energy Grant to fund development of innovative gasoline direct injection manufacturing process at company’s Rochester, N.Y. operations
- Delphi to showcase EV/HEV products at eCarTec show Delphi helps automakers navigate requirements of next-generation hybrids and electric vehicles.
- Delphi to Showcase EV/HEV Products at EVS26 Delphi Automotive will display its latest electric and hybrid vehicle technologies at the upcoming 26th International Electric Vehicle Symposium (EVS26), which will be held May 6-9 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- Delphi's New Air Conditioning System Will Increase EV/HEV Range While Cutting CO2 Emissions Delphi Automotive (NYSE: DLPH) is developing an advanced HVAC (heating, ventilating, air conditioning) system that dramatically increases efficiency and reduces emissions while keeping passengers comfortable.
- DENZA Unveils All-Electric Show Car at Auto China 2012 in Beijing DENZA unveiled its new all-electric vehicle show car at Auto China 2012 in Beijing.
- Department of Energy Awards Nearly $7 Million to Advance Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Storage Systems Research Oct. 9, 2011 - The U.S. Department of Energy today announced nearly $7 million over five years for independent cost analyses that will support research and development efforts for fuel cells and hydrogen storage systems.
- Department of Energy awards up to $120 million for battery hub to Argonne-led group Joint Center for Energy Storage Research (JCESR) - U.S. Department of Energy Batteries and Energy Storage Hub - DOE Batteries and Energy Storage Hub. DOE research in batteries and storage for electric vehicles. EV batteries R&D by DOE.
- Discount Car and Truck Rentals joins The Electric Circuit The founding partners of the Electric Circuit—Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert, RONA, Metro, the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) and Hydro-Québec—are pleased to announce the signing of a partnership agreement with Discount Car and Truck Rentals for the rollout of public charging stations for electric vehicles. The stations will be installed in the cities of Québec, Boucherville, Blainville and Montréal by the end of 2012.
- Distributed Energy Storage: Serving National Interests (Executive Summary), National Alliance for Advanced Batteries - February 2012 Distributed Energy Storage: Serving National Interests (Executive Summary), National Alliance for Advanced Batteries - February 2012
- DOE Advanced Manufacturing office: Workshop on Building the National Network for Manufacturing Innovation - Designing for Impact II Workshop on Building the National Network for Manufacturing Innovation Cleveland, Ohio July 9, 2012
- DOE and EPA Release Annual Fuel Economy Guide with 2013 Models WASHINGTON – The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Department of Energy (DOE) are releasing the 2013 Fuel Economy Guide , giving consumers clear and easy-to-read information to help them choose the most fuel efficient and low greenhouse gas emitting vehicles...
- DOE Announces Nearly $11 Million in Projects for Research, Development, and Demonstration of Electric Drive Vehicle Battery Technologies The U.S. Department of Energy announced the selection of seven cost-shared research projects for the development of advanced batteries for electric drive vehicles. Two selections (A123 Systems and Ener1) are EDTA Board Members.
- DOE announces plans to issue Funding Opportunity Announcements for advanced battery and component manufacturing and transportation electrification grants this month The Department of Energy's National Energy Technology Laboratory intends to issue, on behalf of the DOE Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Vehicle Technologies Program, a Funding Opportunity Announcement entitled “Automotive Battery Manufacturing Initiative.”
- DOE announces plans to issue Funding Opportunity Announcements for advanced battery and component manufacturing and transportation electrification grants this month The Department of Energy’s National Energy Technology Laboratory intends to issue, on behalf of the DOE Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, Vehicle Technologies Program, a Funding Opportunity Announcement entitled “Transportation Electrification.”
- DOE announces upcoming webinar on acquiring low emissions vehicles for federal fleets October 24, 2012: Live Webinar on Acquiring Low Greenhouse Gas-Emitting Vehicles for Federal Fleets The Department of Energy, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and General Services Administration (GSA) will present a webinar titled Acquiring Low...
- DOE Announces Webinars on Calculating Petroleum Use and Greenhouse Gas Emissions of Vehicles and More Find full information here: http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/news/progress_alerts.cfm/pa_id=823 January 03, 2013 - EERE offers webinars to the public on a range of subjects, from adopting the latest energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies to training for the clean energy...
- DoE Awards Siemens $1.6 Million Research Grant to Develop Electrical Vehicle Charging Infrastructure Mar. 14, 2012 - Siemens announced it was recently awarded $1.6 million in development funding from the Department of Energy (DoE) to support research aimed at significantly reducing the current costs of electrical vehicle (EV) chargers and developing "smart" charging capabilities that support power grid efficiency and consumer demand.
- DOE blog: Fisker, Tesla, and American Auto Innovation Oct. 20, 2011 - From well established names like Ford to innovative startups like Tesla and Fisker, America's auto industry is being reinvented, and the Department’s loan program is helping play an important role. Created with strong bipartisan support in 2008 and signed into law by President Bush, the Department’s Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing (ATVM) Loan Program is helping America compete for and win the auto manufacturing jobs of the future.
- DOE Clean Cities EV webinar: Promoting Best Practices for Electric Vehicle Charging Signage October’s Clean Cities webinar: The Electric Vehicle Quarterly Discussion webinar, titled, “ Promoting Best Practices for Electric Vehicle Charging Signage ”, is scheduled for October 11 at 2pm ET, 1pm CT, 12pm MT, 11am PT . The webinar will last approximately 1.5 hours and...
- DOE Fuel Cell Technologies Program: Revitalized Senate Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Caucus Holds Inaugural Meeting The revitalized Senate Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Caucus held its inaugural meeting, titled "Fuel Cells and Hydrogen Briefing: Celebrating a Clean Energy American Success Story," on July 18. Co-chaired by Senators Blumenthal, Graham, Hoeven, and Coons, the goal of the Caucus is to help Senators and Hill staffers get information on fuel cell and hydrogen technologies, including their role in creating jobs and making a difference across the country today.
- DOE live Webcast on Accelerating Innovation: Energy Storage Webinar from the Department of Energy about using cryotanks to store hydrogen when used as a vehicle fuel; research in technologies including: lithium ion batteries, electrochromic windows, the fabrication of nano-architecture electrodes for electrochemical systems, and surface atomic modification of electrode materials to improve performance.
- DOE Offers $240 Million for Fuel-Efficient Cars and Trucks DOE released a $240 million solicitation for the development of high-efficiency trucks and passenger vehicles. The solicitation is divided into two areas: system-level technologies for efficient Class 8 trucks and advanced technology powertrains for passenger vehicles.
- DOE Releases 2011 Report on Pathways to Commercial Success for Fuel Cell Technologies Oct 13, 2011 - The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has released the report
- DOE Releases New Video on Electric Vehicles, Highlights Administration Support for U.S. Auto Industry in Detroit Economic Club Speech Jan. 9, 2012 - U.S. Energy Secretary Steven Chu will travel to Detroit, Mich., this week to highlight the Obama Administration’s support for the American automobile industry and the role investing in innovation will play in keeping U.S. workers and companies competitive.
- DOE Secretary Chu Announces Changes to Expedite Economic Recovery Funding Energy Secretary Steven Chu announced a sweeping reorganization of the Department of Energy’s dispersal of direct loans, loan guarantees and funding contained in the new recovery legislation. The goal of the restructuring is to expedite disbursement of money to begin investments in a new energy economy that will put Americans back to work and create millions of new jobs.
- DOE Solicitation Reviewer Request-Transportation Electrification The DOE is seeking technical reviewers from EDTA's membership for the applications they expect to receive for DE-FOA-0000028: Recovery Act – Transportation Electrification.
- DOE to Launch New Advanced Battery Energy Innovation Hub Feb. 7, 2012 - DOE plans to launch a new energy innovation hub for advanced research on batteries and energy storage, with an investment of up to $120 million over five years.
- DOE Webinar June 19: BNL’s Low-Platinum Electrocatalysts for Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles The Energy Department will present a live webcast titled Brookhaven National Laboratory's (BNL) Low-Platinum Electrocatalysts for Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEVs) on June 19, 2012, from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
- DOE: Request for Information (RFI) Regarding High-Accuracy Meters for Hydrogen Fueling Equipment The Fuel Cell Technologies Program has issued an RFI seeking feedback from interested stakeholders regarding the current and near-term status and availability of high-accuracy meters that can perform under hydrogen fueling conditions and meet measurement accuracy requirements.
- Dominion Virginia Power Tests Plug-In Hybrid Cars, Hybrid Bucket Trucks Dominion Virginia Power has added two plug-in electric hybrid cars and two hybrid-powered bucket trucks to its fleet as part of its efforts to determine the impact of plug-in vehicles on electricity demand and to find ways to conserve energy and reduce vehicle emissions.
- DOT and EPA Propose New Fuel Efficiency and GHG Emission Program for Medium- and Heavy-Duty Vehicles On Tuesday, August 9th, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) will announce first of their kind fuel efficiency standards from EPA’s Office of Transportation and Air Quality that will provide tens of billions of dollars in fuel savings, dramatically reduce oil consumption and cut air pollution.
- DOT Secretary Ray LaHood and EPA Administrator Lisa P. Jackson Propose National Program to Improve Fuel Economy and Reduce Greenhouse Gases U.S. Department of Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Lisa P. Jackson jointly proposed a rule establishing an historic national program that would improve vehicle fuel economy and reduce greenhouse gases.
- DOT, EPA Set Aggressive National Standards for Fuel Economy and First Ever Greenhouse Gas Emission Levels For Passenger Cars and Light Trucks The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) today jointly established historic new federal rules that set the first-ever national greenhouse gas emissions standards and will significantly increase the fuel economy of all new passenger cars and light trucks sold in the United States.
- Double Olympic champion Katarina Witt tests the “BMW C evolution” zero-emission electric scooter. 40 years after the Munich Games in 1972: BMW Group Olympic Ambassador visits Deutsches Haus. The Summer Olympic Games in London are currently thrilling the international public – just as the Munich Games did with their unique atmosphere 40 years ago. To mark the 40th anniversary of the Munich Olympics, BMW Group Olympic Ambassador Katarina Witt was invited to a Munich ’72 theme evening at the Deutsches Haus (German house) in London on Thursday.
- Dow Chemical
- Dow Energy Materials’ Solutions Increase Electric Vehicle Performance Dow Energy Materials’ Solutions Increase Electric Vehicle Performance Company to Showcase R&D at International Electric Vehicle Symposium (EVS26) in Los Angeles, May 6-9 Midland, Mich., May 7, 2012 – With average U.S. gas prices around $4 per gallon and the...
- Dow Joins UN to Further Global Collaboration and Sustainable Progress at Rio+20 Dow Commits to Ecosystem Valuation Progress, Engages in Efforts to Further Green Chemistry at United Nations Conference
- Dow Kokam Dow Kokam was established in 2009 to develop and manufacture technologically advanced and economically viable battery solutions for the transportation, defense, industrial and medical industries. The company is owned by The Dow Chemical Company, TK Advanced Battery LLC and Groupe Industriel Marcel Dassault (Dassault). Uniting the three companies creates the first battery and energy management systems manufacturer to combine the viable, scalable, large-format battery technology with the market franchise, manufacturing expertise and market knowledge necessary to become the clear partner of choice across industries.
- Dow Kokam Breaks Ground on Advanced Battery Manufacturing Plant for Hybrid and Electric Vehicles Today, Dow Kokam's Chief Executive Officer Ravi Shanker was joined by Vice President Joe Biden, Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm, The Dow Chemical Company Chairman and CEO Andrew Liveris and other dignitaries at a groundbreaking ceremony to commemorate construction of Dow Kokam's new advanced, large-format battery production facility.
- Dow Kokam powers LUMENEO’S new ultra-compact electric vehicle Dow Kokam provides energy-dense lithium-ion batteries to bring NEOMA from concept to reality
- Dow Kokam Powers MotoCzysz Electric Motorcycles for 2012 Racing Season Dow Kokam Lithium-Ion Cells Propel MotoCzysz’s 012 E1pc, Launches Season at Isle of Man SES TT Zero Challenge June 6
- Dow Kokam to Expand Midland Battery Park with Pack Assembly Plant Clark Construction Company to Manage Design and Construction of Dow Kokam’s Advanced Energy Storage Pack Facility
- Dow Launches New Phosphate Material For Improved Battery Performance DEM Lithium Manganese Iron Phosphate Features 10 – 15% Higher Energy Density, Enabling Less Weight, Lower Costs for Energy Storage Applications
- Dr. Heinz-Jakob Neußer new Head of Powertrain Development at the Volkswagen Group Wolfgang Hatz ends dual function and focuses on his responsibilities on Board of Management of Porsche AG
- Drive America's Future: EDTA Membership Brochure Brochure: EDTA Membership Brochure 2010
- Drive Oregon grants $180K to spur growth in Oregon’s EV industry Oregon - February 28, 2013 - Drive Oregon has announced its largest round of grants yet under its year-old Matching Grant program, designed to accelerate the growth of Oregon’s electric vehicle industry. Six projects were awarded a total of $179,926: Drive Oregon is a member of...
- Drive Oregon Joins Electric Drive Transportation Association For immediate release Washington, DC—December 6, 2012 — The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA), the leading industry association dedicated to promoting electric drive as a core technology on the road to sustainable mobility,...
- Drive Oregon, ODOT, and Governor’s Office team up for EV deployment March 7, 2013 - “Oregon Gov. John Kitzhaber has formalized his support of the state’s pro-electric vehicle efforts. A memorandum of understanding that Kitzhaber signed Tuesday signals his further support for the new “Energizing Oregon” coalition that’s coordinating the...
- Driving forward: an action plan for the electric drive era
- Driving the green Feb 1, 2012 - New study suggests that electric-powered trucks will save money for businesses.
- DSE Hybrid Selects Balqon Corporation Lithium Battery System For Island Pilot Hybrid Yacht Using Solar Electric Drive HARBOR CITY, CA - January 29, 2013 — Balqon Corporation (OTCBB: BLQN), a developer of electric vehicles, drive systems and lithium battery storage devices, announced delivery and installation of HIQAP™ high energy storage 1000 ahr, 48 volt battery system into Island Pilot Yacht,...
- DTE Energy invests in advanced battery maker A123Systems DETROIT – DTE Energy Ventures recently made an equity investment in Massachusetts-based A123Systems, which is developing lithium ion batteries for automotive applications and announced plans to open a manufacturing plant in Livonia, Mich. The company also is developing batteries that can be...
- Dues Task Force: December 7 Minutes
- Dues Task Force: October 26 Minutes
- Duke Energy Duke Energy is one of the largest electric power holding companies in the U.S, with a portfolio of natural gas and electric businesses, both regulated and non-regulated, and an affiliated real estate company. Its regulated utility operations serve approximately four million customers in five states, representing approximately 12 million people. Its commercial power and international business segments own and operate diverse power-generation assets in North America and Latin America, including a growing portfolio of renewable energy assets.
- Duke Energy Launches My Home Energy Report Charlotte, N.C. - Nov. 19, 2012 - Duke Energy is mailing reports to 500,000 residential customers in North Carolina showing them how their personal energy usage compares with customers who live in similar homes in their areas. Duke Energy is a member of The Electric...
- Duke Energy Renewables completes Notrees Battery Storage Project in Texas; North America's largest battery storage project at a wind farm Charlotte, NC - January 23, 2013 - Duke Energy Renewables, part of Duke Energy’s Commercial Businesses, announced today the completion of its 36-megawatt (MW) energy storage and power management system at its Notrees Windpower Project in west Texas. The system completed testing and became...
- Duke Energy Signs Agreement with Cisco to Deliver Smart Grid-Enabled Home Energy Management Solution Duke Energy today announced it has signed an agreement with Cisco – a worldwide leader in networking technology -- to pilot and further develop a smart grid-enabled home energy management solution that will provide Duke Energy customers with secure and reliable energy information and a simple-to-use tool to help them reduce the amount of energy wasted in their homes.
- Duke Energy to give $2 million to Palmetto Clean Energy (PaCE) Charlotte, NC - Nov. 6, 2012 - As part of its continuing commitment to the communities it serves, Duke Energy has given the first half of a $2 million contribution to Palmetto Clean Energy (PaCE), a South Carolina non-profit program designed to improve the quality of the environment by...
- Duke Energy: Mark your calendar for our first Plug-in Electric Vehicle (PEV) Rally! Mark your calendar for our first Plug-in Electric Vehicle (PEV) Rally!
- DULLES TOWN CENTER TO DEBUT LOUDOUN COUNTY’S FIRST ELECTRIC VEHICLE FAST CHARGING STATION IN PARTNERSHIP WITH NRG ENERGY / EVGO DULLES, VA - April 8, 2013 - Dulles Town Center, Loudoun County’s destination for shopping, dining and entertainment, is excited to announce that it has entered into an agreement with eVgo ® (ee-vee-go), a subsidiary of NRG Energy, to install the first electric vehicle...
- E 300 BlueTEC HYBRID and efficiency champions: Impressive efficiency without compromises Mercedes-Benz is continuing its hybrid initiative with the new E 300 BlueTEC HYBRID, the world's most economical luxury-class model (4.2 l of diesel/100 km, 109 g CO2/km). At the same time, efficiency champions such as the SLK 250 CDI, S 250 CDI, ML 250 BlueTEC 4MATIC and SL 350 BlueEFFICIENCY are emphatically demonstrating that the brand continues to take a pioneering role in the continuous improvement of vehicles with internal combustion engines in all classes. The common factor in all these environmentally compatible mobility solutions is their impressive efficiency, with no compromises whatever.
- E&O Meeting: January 18, 2012 Education & Outreach Committee Meeting Wednesday, January 18, 2011 10:00am – 12:00pm Location : Meeting Room 4 Renaissance DC Downtown Hotel 999 Ninth Street, NW Washington, DC 20001 Dial-in : 1-866-204-3556 or 1-412-317-6031 Participant Code : 981-8060#...
- E&O September 2011: 2012 Strategy presentation strategic plan for GED in 2012
- E-Z-GO/Textron E-Z-GO a global leader in light transportation, building hundreds of thousands of vehicles each year from its 650,000-square-foot world headquarters in Augusta. Today, E-Z-GO builds more than 40 different vehicle models under the E-Z-GO and Cushman brands. Besides the golf cars with which it is so often identified, E-Z-GO also manufactures world-class utility vehicles for work and recreation, personnel shuttles and material-handling machines. Its products range from the zero-emissions, street-legal E-Z-GO 2Five to the diminutive, industrious Cushman Minute Miser utility vehicle. E-Z-GO became part of Textron in 1960. This global, multi-industry company leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna Aircraft Company, Jacobsen, Kautex.
- Early Ford Focus Electric Customer Retraces Historic Road Trip Ending Up at Michigan Assembly Plant Ty Newell of Illinois celebrated becoming one of the first retail customers for the Ford Focus Electric by recreating one of the country’s earliest automotive road trips.
- Earth Day 2012: Coulomb Technologies Offers Free ChargePoint Cards for EV Owners + GhG Savings Contest In celebration of Earth Day 2012, Coulomb Technologies, the leading electric vehicle (EV) charging solutions provider, today announced it will offer free ChargePoint® cards to drivers from Tuesday, April 17 through Sunday April 22, 2012.
- Earth Day 2013: EVs Are Good for the Planet – We’re Investing $150 million in Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastucture eVgo is a member of the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) http://www.electricdrive.org/ ### Press Contact: email@example.com Carly Kade eVgo Communications 281 674-0044 David Knox NRG Energy Communications ...
- Eaton and Murphy Oil USA Team Up to Expand Electric Vehicle Charging Network Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation and Murphy Oil USA, Inc., a leading fuel provider operating more than 1,000 retail gasoline stations across 22 states, today announced a joint collaboration designed to demonstrate to electric vehicle drivers the benefits of fast, convenient charging within the familiar environment of a traditional gas station.
- Eaton Awarded Department of Energy Grant to Increase Efficiency, Reduce Cost of Electric Vehicle Charging Mar. 8, 2012 - Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation has received a $1.84 million grant from the U.S. Department of Energy (DoE) for the development and demonstration of more efficient commercial electric vehicle (EV) chargers.
- Eaton Chief Scientist Co-Authors SAE Book on Advanced Hybrid Technologies for Commercial Vehicles Benefits Include Lower Operating Costs, Less Dependence on Traditional Fuels
- Eaton Corporation Eaton is a global technology leader in diversified power management solutions that make electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely and sustainably. They market electrical components and systems for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulics and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton solutions include Hybrid Transmissions for Commercial Vehicles as well as Levels 1 & 2 AC & Level 2 DC Electric Vehicle Charging Stations. Eaton has approximately 70,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries.
- Eaton Delivers 30 Hybrid Power Systems for City Buses in Taiwan; More Than 1,000 Now Operating in Asia-Pacific Region Eaton Corporation today announced the delivery of 30 hybrid-powered city buses in Taipei, Taiwan.
- Eaton Hybrid Systems Achieve 30 Million Miles of Service Worldwide Eaton Corporation announced that customers using the company’s hybrid systems have collectively accumulated more than 30 million miles of clean, reliable service throughout the world.
- Eaton Improves Fuel Efficiency, Performance and System Payback with Multiple Enhancements to Its Hybrid Power System KALAMAZOO, Mich. …Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation has announced a number of enhancements that will increase the fuel economy, performance and payback of its hybrid power system for commercial vehicles including a new high-capacity battery, a new single-phase 115-volt AC Auxiliary Power Generator (APG), a higher capacity clutch to expand applications up to 860 lb-ft of torque and a new remanufactured battery for aftermarket purchase.
- Eaton Powers Solar Carport Project Collaboration with renewz sustainable solutions will provide clean energy for electric vehicle fleet PITTSBURGH, PA - February 20, 2013 - Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton today announced it has collaborated with renewz sustainable solutions inc., of Montreal, Canada, to install...
- Eaton Recognized for Leadership in Global Innovation; Named to Thomson Reuters Top 100 Innovators List for Second Consecutive Year DUBLIN -- December 5, 2012 -- Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation plc has been named a Thomson Reuters 2012 Top 100 Global Innovator for its achievements as one of the world’s most innovative companies for a second consecutive year. The award identifies companies worldwide...
- Eaton Signs Supercharger Distributor Agreement with Cosworth Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation today announced that it has signed a distributor agreement with the Cosworth Group, Northampton, UK, to supply Eaton’s TVS® Supercharger (Twin Vortices Series) and other Roots-type Superchargers to the European automotive market.
- Eaton to Power Energy-Efficient Transportation in Washington, D.C. with Electric Vehicle Charging Network Diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation today announced it will collaborate with the Greater Washington Regional Clean Cities Coalition (GWRCCC) to provide electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure planning and consultation for the Greater Washington, D.C. region.
- EC August 2011: JLL Presentation presentation for August 23, 2011 executive commmittee teleconference
- EC August 2011: Lease side-by-side side by side of leasing options for new EDTA office, provided by JonesLangLaSalle and presented at August 23, 2011 executive committee teleconference
- EC August 2011: Teleconference Minutes from 23-Aug-2011 minutes from August 23, 2011 executive committee teleconference
- EC Meeting: March 23, 2012 Executive Committee Meeting Friday, March 23, 2011 7:30am – 9:00am Location : Meeting Room 16 Renaissance DC Downtown Hotel 999 Ninth Street, NW Washington, DC 20001 Dial-in : 1-866-204-3556 or 1-412-317-6031 Participant Code : 132-9218#...
- EC September 2011: Agenda executive committee meeting agenda for september 27, 2011
- Eco-Friendly Hybrid Taxi Introduced in Seoul According to a city official, one hybrid taxi is expected to reduce more than six tons of greenhouse gas emissions annually and halve air pollutant emissions such as nitrogen oxides.
- Economic Analysis of Deploying Used Batteries in Power Systems, Oak Ridge National Laboratory - June 2011 Economic Analysis of Deploying Used Batteries in Power Systems, Oak Ridge National Laboratory - June 2011
- Economic Contribution of the Automotive Industry, Center for Automotive Research - Fall 2003 Economic Contribution of the Automotive Industry, Center for Automotive Research - Fall 2003
- Economic Impact of EV Adoption in the US, UC Berkeley - November 21, 2008 Economic Impact of EV Adoption in the US, UC Berkeley - November 21, 2008
- ECOtality and ChargePoint Establish Interoperability Company, Collaboratev, LLC Collaboratev provides drivers access to EV charging stations on any affiliated network. SAN FRANCISCO and CAMPBELL, Calif. - March 7, 2013 - ChargePoint, Inc. and ECOtality, Inc. (NASDAQ:ECTY) announced today the formation of Collaboratev, LLC. Collaboratev will enable charging...
- ECOtality and City of Houston Launch EV Micro-Climate(TM) Partnership ECOtality, Inc., a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, announced today that the company has entered into an agreement with the City of Houston to initiate ECOtality's Micro-Climate(TM) Program for the Houston region, in collaboration with the Clinton Climate Initiative (CCI).
- ECOTALITY AND KROGER ANNOUNCE EXPANSION OF EV PARTNERSHIP Expanded partnership brings charging stations to Kroger stores in several key markets across the country San Francisco and Cincinnati - Monday, April 8, 2013 - ECOtality, Inc., a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies (NASDAQ:ECTY), and The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR)...
- ECOtality and Sears Expand Relationship, Unveil Electric Vehicles Chargers in Tennessee and Arizona San Francisco and Hoffman Estates, Ill — Tuesday, January 29, 2013 — ECOtality, Inc., a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies (NASDAQ:ECTY), and Sears Holdings (NASDAQ: SHLD) recently expanded their relationship and also unveiled the first Blink® Direct Current...
- ECOtality Announces Partnership with Roush for Manufacturing of Blink Chargers ECOtality, Inc., a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, announced today Roush Manufacturing – a global powerhouse in cutting-edge product development, composition, creation and testing – will manufacture ECOtality’s line of Blink home and commercial electric vehicle chargers.
- ECOtality Announces Partnership With Underwriters Laboratories For ‘The EV Project’ ECOtality, Inc. announced that Underwriters Laboratories has been named the exclusive Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory for The EV Project, the largest deployment of electric vehicles and charge infrastructure in history.
- ECOtality Partners with Volkswagen Group to Install Blink DC Fast Charger in Northern California Blink DC Fast Charger Connects San Jose to San Francisco for EV drivers
- ECOtality Reports Record First Quarter 2012 Results Revenue up 215% to Record $13.7 Million, Driving Record Net Income of $1.2 Million
- ECOtality Reveals EV Infrastructure Plan for Western Oregon ECOtality, Inc., a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, today unveiled its Blink electric vehicle charging station, as well as blueprints for electric vehicle (EV) infrastructure deployment in four major metropolitan areas in Northwestern Oregon: Portland, Salem, Corvallis and Eugene. The announcement marks the completion of a critical milestone in the planning process for The EV Project, the largest rollout of EV infrastructure in the world.
- ECOtality Selected as 2012 New Energy Pioneer Mar. 19, 2012 - Bloomberg New Energy Finance today announced ECOtality, Inc. (NASDAQ:ECTY), a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, as a 2012 New Energy Pioneer.
- ECOtality To Install First Blink DC Fast Charger in Washington at Vulcan Real Estate’s South Lake Union Discovery Center Mar. 15, 2012 - ECOtality, Inc. (NASDAQ:ECTY), a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, today announced the first Blink DC Fast Charger location in the Seattle area. Located at the South Lake Union Discovery Center, which is operated by Vulcan Real Estate, the DC Fast Charger will be available for public use by spring 2012.
- ECOtality to Unveil New Smart Charger Design at Plug-In 2010 ECOtality, Inc., a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, announced today the company will unveil its home and commercial Level 2 electric vehicle charging systems at Plug-In 2010 during a press conference July 27 at 9:45 a.m. at the ECOtality booth (#420).
- ECOtality Unveils the Blink® HQ Family of Home EV Chargers Integrated with the Blink network, the new home solution makes it easier than ever to “go electric” SAN FRANCISCO — May 22, 2013 — ECOtality, Inc. (NASDAQ:ECTY), a leader in clean electric transportation, today introduced Blink HQ, a new family of...
- ECOtality's Minit Charger Unveils Revolutionary Minit Charger 12 New Industrial Product Launched at ProMat 2013 San Francisco – Monday, January 21, 2013 – ECOtality, Inc. (NASDAQ:ECTY), a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, announced today the launch of the fastest opportunity charger ever built for the material...
- ECOtality, Inc. Announces 2009 Annual Financial Results and Provides Shareholder Update ECOtality, Inc., a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, announced today its financial results and operational updates for the financial year to date for the period ended December 31, 2009. Throughout the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended December 31, 2009, ECOtality reached numerous milestones. The company’s leadership was acknowledged with the award of nearly $100 million from the United States Department of Energy to pilot The EV Project, the largest deployment of EVs and charge infrastructure undertaken in the United States.
- ECOtality/ETEC ECOtality is a leader in clean electric transportation solutions and storage technologies that address the world’s global energy challenges. With support from the Department of Energy, ECOtality is the Project Manager for The EV Project, the largest deployment of electric vehicles and charge infrastructure in history. ECOtality's Blink brand of charging units are an intelligent means of providing power to electric vehicles either from home or on the road.
- Edison Electric Institute Organized in 1933, EEI works closely with all of its members, representing their interests and advocating equitable policies in legislative and regulatory arenas. EEI provides public policy leadership, critical industry data, market opportunities, strategic business intelligence, one-of-a-kind conferences and forums, and top-notch products and services.
- EDTA Announces Action Plan to Drive Electric Vehicles Forward Plan identifies critical policies to achieve energy, environmental and economic security benefits of electrified transportation
- EDTA Announces Commitment to Spur Adoption of Plug-In Electric Vehicles Seeking to stimulate mass market adoption of plug-in electric vehicles in North America, the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) unveiled a detailed action plan as part of the green mobility commitments announced today at the Clinton Global Initiative’s (CGI) 2010 sixth annual meeting in New York City.
- EDTA Announces First Quarter Membership Additions New member Energy Future Holdings and current member Miles Electric Vehicles have joined the Board of Directors. Club Car, Gridwise, and Seattle City Light also join EDTA’s diverse membership of automotive and other vehicle manufacturers, utility companies, technology developers and component suppliers.
- EDTA Announces Membership Additions EDTA announced 10 new members and one board upgrade during the last quarter of 2009.
- EDTA Announces Membership Additions The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) is pleased to announce 10 new members and one board upgrade during the last quarter of 2009.
- EDTA announces opening and closing plenaries for EVS26 Feb. 10, 2012 - Washington, DC - This week, EDTA announced two plenary sessions for the 26th International Electric Vehicle Symposium (EVS26), the largest electric vehicle event of the year.
- EDTA announces opening and closing plenaries for EVS26 Feb. 10, 2012 - Washington, DC - This week, EDTA announced two plenary sessions for the 26th International Electric Vehicle Symposium (EVS26), the largest electric vehicle event of the year.
- EDTA Announces Second Quarter Membership Additions National Grid has joined the Board of Directors. Also, AeroVironment, Inc., John Deere, Light Electric Vehicle Association, and Valence Technology, Inc. joined EDTA’s diverse membership of automotive and other vehicle manufacturers, utility companies, technology developers and component suppliers.
- EDTA Annual Conference & Exposition Drives into Washington December 2-4 Learn about the EDTA Conference Series.
- EDTA Applauds Congressional Support for Electric Drive Infrastructure in Tax Bill Passage Gives Consumers and Business Tax Credits for Installing Electric Vehicle Charging Stations.
- EDTA Applauds Congressional Support for Electric Vehicles From Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) President Brian Wynne: "We are extremely pleased that this week both Houses of Congress issued key proposals that recognize the vital role that electric drive will play in our national energy policy."
- EDTA Applauds Creation of the Energy Innovation Hub to Accelerate Battery Development Jan. 11, 2012 - EDTA applauds the creation of the Energy Innovation Hub to accelerate battery innovation, enhance battery efficiency and reduce costs.
- EDTA Applauds Grant Announcements: $2.4 Billion for Electric Drive EDTA applauds President Barack Obama’s announcement of $2.4 billion in grants from the U.S. Department of Energy to accelerate the manufacturing and deployment of electric drive vehicles.
- EDTA Applauds Inclusion of Electric Drive Credit in HR 6049 EDTA applauds the inclusion of a plug-in electric vehicle tax credit for vehicles that can be powered by the electricity grid in HR 6049, the Energy and Job Creation Act of 2008. This is the first time that the House has endorsed a “plug-in electric drive vehicle credit” that includes both battery electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids. The credit shows Congress’ increased appreciation and understanding of grid-connected vehicle technology and is an important step toward increased electrification throughout the transportation sector. “This plug-in electric drive vehicle credit is an essential part of the effort to reduce our dependence on oil and cut greenhouse emissions,” says EDTA President Brian Wynne. “Although it is not perfect, the credit will accelerate the availability of clean, efficient electric drive vehicles and move us closer to our goal of sustainable transportation. We are optimistic that the Senate recognizes the importance of acting this year and will also pass the plug-in electric drive vehicle credit.”
- EDTA Applauds Kohl-Blunt Bill to Advance Electric Drive Trucks and Charging Infrastructure Washington, DC - June 28, 2011 - Today, Senator Herb Kohl (D-WI) and Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO) introduced S.1285, the Hybrid and Electric Trucks and Infrastructure Act, legislation that would provide tax incentives for buyers of hybrid, plug-in hybrid, and battery electric medium and...
- EDTA Applauds Kohl-Blunt Bill to Advance Electric Drive Trucks and Charging Infrastructure Washington, DC - June 28, 2011 -- Today, Senator Herb Kohl (D-WI) and Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO) introduced S.1285, the Hybrid and Electric Trucks and Infrastructure Act, legislation that would provide tax incentives for buyers of hybrid, plug-in hybrid, and battery electric medium and...
- EDTA Applauds Kohl-Blunt Bill to Advance Electric Drive Trucks and Charging Infrastructure Washington, DC - June 28, 2011 - Today, Senator Herb Kohl (D-WI) and Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO) introduced S.1285, the Hybrid and Electric Trucks and Infrastructure Act, legislation that would provide tax incentives for buyers of hybrid, plug-in hybrid, and battery electric medium and...
- EDTA Applauds Kohl-Blunt Bill to Advance Electric Drive Trucks and Charging Infrastructure Washington, DC - June 28, 2011 -- Today, Senator Herb Kohl (D-WI) and Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO) introduced S.1285, the Hybrid and Electric Trucks and Infrastructure Act, legislation that would provide tax incentives for buyers of hybrid, plug-in hybrid, and battery electric medium and...
- EDTA Applauds Kohl-Hatch Heavy Duty Truck Hybrid Tax Credit Bill EDTA applauds the introduction of S. 2854, the Heavy Duty Truck Hybrid Tax Credit Act.
- EDTA Applauds Obama Administration Support for Advanced Energy in 2012 State of the Union Address Jan. 25, 2012 - The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) responds to President Obama's 2012 State of the Union Address.
- EDTA Applauds Obama Administration Support for Advanced Energy in 2012 State of the Union Address Jan. 25, 2012 - The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) responds to President Obama's 2012 State of the Union Address.
- EDTA Applauds Obama Administration’s Continued Commitment to Deployment of Advanced Vehicle Technology Mar. 7, 2012 - Today President Obama announced a number of new initiatives to accelerate the deployment of advanced technology vehicles in the U.S. as part of his strategy to reduce American dependence on foreign oil.
- EDTA Applauds Obama Administration’s Continued Commitment to Deployment of Advanced Vehicle Technology Mar. 7, 2012 - Today President Obama announced a number of new initiatives to accelerate the deployment of advanced technology vehicles in the U.S. as part of his strategy to reduce American dependence on foreign oil.
EDTA Applauds Passage of Electric Drive Incentives in H.R. 1424: Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008
“EDTA is extremely pleased that the bill passed today includes incentives to reduce our dependence on oil with electric drive transportation,” says EDTA President Brian Wynne. “Congress has provided the paving stones for a comprehensive electric drive transportation policy, and we look forward to working with them and the new Administration next year to build on this path to clean, affordable and secure transportation.” Included in the legislation is an important credit for purchase of plug-in electric drive vehicles. The bill also supports investment in fuel cells, electric recharging property, smart meters and grid modernization.
- EDTA Applauds President Obama’s Commitment to Electric Drive as Solution for a Secure Energy Future The Obama Administration outlined policies to establish a more secure energy future by reducing U.S. oil imports by one-third over the next ten years.
- EDTA Applauds Utility Industry Pledge for Electric Vehicles EDTA applauds the collective pledge by the nation’s electric utilities to aggressively create infrastructure to support the deployment and commercialization of grid-connected vehicles.
EDTA Board Meeting: April 18, 2007
Click "Read more" to download the materials from the April 18, 2007 Board of Directors Meeting.
- EDTA Board Meeting: April 22, 2010 The next EDTA Board of Directors Meeting will be held on April 22, 2010 at the office of Johnson Controls (444 North Capitol Street, NW, Suite 729). Click here for information about all Board activities during the week of April 19.
EDTA Board Meeting: April 23, 2008
Click "Read More" to view the agenda and download the materials from the April 23, 2008 Board of Directors Meeting.
EDTA Board Meeting: December 6, 2005
Click "Read more" to view the agenda and download the materials from the December 6, 2005 Board meeting.
- EDTA Board Meeting: February 26, 2010 The next EDTA Board Meeting will take place on February 26, 2010 (11:00am-1:00pm EST) via telecon. The dial-in number is 866-939-8416 and the participant code is 6272382.
- EDTA Board Meeting: February 5, 2009 Click the green text above to see the agenda and files for the February 5, 2009 Board meeting.
- EDTA Board Meeting: January 18, 2012 EDTA will hold a Board of Directors meeting on September 27, 2011 at the Renaissance Downtown DC Hotel in Washington, DC. Agenda, location, and dial-in information included within.
EDTA Board Meeting: January 24, 2007
Click "Read more" to see the agenda and materials from the January 25, 2007 Board of Directors meeting.
- EDTA Board Meeting: January 25, 2011 The next EDTA Board Meeting will be held on January 25, 2011 from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm at the offices of Perkins Coie - 700 13th Street NW, 6th Floor, Washington, DC 20005
- EDTA Board Meeting: January 27, 2010 EDTA Board Meeting January 27, 2010 will be held the evening of Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at the Renaissance Hotel.
EDTA Board Meeting: January 30, 2008
Click "Read More" to view the agenda and download the materials from the January 30, 2008 Board of Directors Meeting.
- EDTA Board Meeting: July 12-13, 2011 EDTA will hold a Board of Directors meeting on July 12-13, 2011 at the Sheraton Crystal City Hotel in Arlington, VA. Agenda, location, and dial-in information included within.
EDTA Board Meeting: June 18, 2008
Click "Read more" to see the agenda and download files from the June 18, 2008 Board of Directors meeting.
EDTA Board Meeting: June 21, 2005
Click "Read more" to view the materials from the June 21, 2005 Board meeting.
EDTA Board Meeting: June 21, 2006
The Board of Directors meeting met on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 in Washington, DC at EEI's offices.Â Click "Read more" to view the agenda and corresponding meeting materials.
- EDTA Board Meeting: June 25, 2009 Materials for the June 25, 2009 Board Meeting in Washington, DC.
EDTA Board Meeting: June 27, 2007
Click "Read more" to download the materials from the June 27, 2007 Board of Directors Meeting.
- EDTA Board Meeting: March 11, 2011 Join us for an EDTA Board of Directors Teleconference on Friday, March 11 from 1:30pm - 3:00pm Eastern. Dial-in information provided within.
EDTA Board Meeting: March 2, 2005
Click "Read more" to view the materials from the March 2, 2005 Board meeting.
- EDTA Board Meeting: March 23, 2012 EDTA will hold a Board of Directors meeting on March 23, 2012 at the Renaissance Downtown DC Hotel in Washington, DC. Agenda, location, and dial-in information included within.
EDTA Board Meeting: March 8, 2006
Click "Read more" to view the agenda and download the materials from the March 8, 2006 Board meeting.
- EDTA Board Meeting: November 12, 2008 Click "Read more" to see the agenda and materials from the November 12, 2008 Board meeting.
EDTA Board Meeting: November 30, 2004
Click "Read more" to view the materials from the November 30, 2004 Board meeting.
EDTA Board Meeting: October 1, 2010
The next EDTA Board Meeting will be held on October 1, 2010 from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT at the City Club of Washington.
Click here to see the minutes from the meeting: Board of Directors Meeting Minutes 10-1-10
- EDTA Board Meeting: October 1, 2010 - Agenda -
EDTA Board Meeting: October 10, 2007
Click "Read more" to download the materials from the October 10, 2007 Board of Directors Meeting.
EDTA Board Meeting: October 7, 2005
Click "Read more" to view the materials from the October 7, 2005 Board meeting.
EDTA Board Meeting: September 21, 2006
Click "Read more" to see documents from the September 21, 2006 Board meeting.
- EDTA Board Meeting: September 23, 2009 The EDTA Board of Directors will meet on September 23, 2009 from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm.
- EDTA Board Meeting: September 27, 2011 EDTA will hold a Board of Directors meeting on September 27, 2011 at the Westin City Center Hotel in Washington, DC. Agenda, location, and dial-in information included within.
EDTA Board Meeting: September 7-8, 2004
Click "Read more" to view the preparation files from the September 7-8, 2005 Strategic Think Session.
Click here to see the results document from the session: Results from Strategic Thinking Session.doc
EDTA Board Meeting: September 7-8, 2005
The Board met in Washington, DC for 1 1/2 days.
EDTA Board of Directors Conference Call: October 1, 2008
Click "Read More" to see the materials from the October 1, 2008 Conference Call.
- EDTA Capitol Hill Briefing Media Advisory In this unique multi-industry briefing, EDTA members leading the electric drive industry will discuss their business plans for battery, hybrid, plug-in and fuel cell electric drive vehicles and infrastructure. The briefing panels, which will include vehicle and battery manufacturers, component suppliers, and utility representatives, will also address how federal policies can accelerate the mainstreaming of efficient, clean electric drive technology and reduce US dependence on oil.
- EDTA Conferences: Media Access to Presentations
- EDTA Confereness press release May 23, 2013
- EDTA Donates to Local Food Bank EDTA donates food to local area food bank.
- EDTA electric drive by the numbers Facts sheet about the electric drive industry
- EDTA Expands Staff to Boost Public Relations and Membership Outreach Christine Rogala joins EDTA as the new director of public relations and Kimberly Grever will take the lead as EDTA’s new membership director.
- EDTA Fact Sheet: Electric Drive on a Roll-May 2009 Facts about hybrid cars, battery manufacturing investments, and demonstration programs.
- EDTA Hosts EVS26 in Los Angeles: EVS is the largest electric drive conference series in the world The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) hosted the 26th Electric Vehicle Symposium in Los Angeles from May 6-9. EVS26: Great Minds Think Electric, brought more than 5,000 people from 47 countries, and international press, to California, the largest market for electric drive transportation.
EDTA is the Voice of the Battery, Hybrid and Fuel Cell Electric Drive Industry
EDTA is the first source for information about the electric drive industry--from battery EVs to hybrids to plug-ins to fuel cells and hydrogen. EDTA has been cited in the following articles and interviews:
Updated: September 23, 2008
"Is America ready to drive electric?"
Time Magazine, September 16, 2008
"House pushes green vehicle incentives"
Oil Daily, September 15, 2008
"Finding Zenn in the slow lane of Jersey roads"
New Jersey Star Ledger, September 15, 2008
"State makes way for low speed vehicles"
Christian Science Monitor, September 4, 2008
"Plug-in hybrids get new attention as utilities, auto companies collaborate on development"
Platts Electric Utility Week, July 28, 2008
"Wellinghoff applauds plan to develop plug-in cars"
Platts Inside FERC, July 28, 2008
"Want a hybrid car? Good luck"
Herald News, July 22, 2008
"Hybrids challenge small repair shops"
Patriot News, July 15, 2008
"Chattanooga: City considers hybrid trucks"
Chattanooga Times Free Press, June 26, 2008
"Driving Green Technology"
Fox News, June 20, 2008
"Future of Plug-in Electric Vehicles"
C-SPAN Washington Journal, June 14, 2008
"This 'bug' costs $12/month"
Arizona Daily Star, June 9, 2008
"Electrifying the Road; Full speed ahead for plug-in car"
New York Daily News, June 4, 2008
"Electric cars hope for a spark"
CNN.com, May 23, 2008
"Electric avenue: Fuel prices, pollution concerns renew electric vehicle research"
Waste News, April 28, 2008
"Motorists move to slow lane"
Florida Today, April 27, 2008
"Hybrids are here"
Fox 5 News (Washington, DC) April 22, 2008
"Senator Hatch shares good new on Earth Day"
Hatch Press Release, April 22, 2008
"Crash-test barrier to WA assault"
The Sunday Times (Australia), April 13, 2008
"Electric car sales cruise"
San Jose Business Journal, April 11, 2008
"Picking up speed"
Ocean County Observer, April 6, 2008
"Hybrid buses pricey, but popular"
Duluth News Tribune, March 28, 2008
"Think electric vehicles are only for retirement communities and golf courses? Think again!"
Fleet Maintenance Magazine, March 2008
"Solutions: Green Cars"
Forbes.com, March 19, 2008
"Evolution in Cleaner Driving"
Vancouver Sun, March 11, 2008
"Electric car superlative: most earth friendly" (Opinion)
USA Today, March 5, 2008
"Firm keeps hybrids running"
The Advocate, February 21, 2008
"EDTA President Brian Wynne discusses fiscal '09 proposals to transportation, clean energy"
E&E TV, February 7, 2008
"Small Wonders: A stylish NEV can help the environment and your budget"
Continental Airlines Magazine, January 2008
- EDTA Launches New Consumer Website for New Era of Electric Drive Vehicles GoElectricDrive.com is the Comprehensive Plug-in Vehicle Information Hub
- EDTA Letter to House Conferees: HR1 Stimulus Bill
- EDTA Letter to Senate Conferees: HR1 Stimulus Bill
- EDTA media teleconference: What Makes an EV-Friendly Community? Feb. 24, 2012 - What Makes an EV-Friendly Community? Electric Drive Transportation Association Says Local Adoption of Electric Cars is Charging Ahead
- EDTA media teleconference: What Makes an EV-Friendly Community? Feb. 24, 2012 - What Makes an EV-Friendly Community? Electric Drive Transportation Association Says Local Adoption of Electric Cars is Charging Ahead
- EDTA Members List (23- May - 2013) Members of EDTA as of May 23, 2013
- EDTA Membership Referral Form Please share with us any companies you feel would benefit from EDTA membership. If you would like to discuss your submission, please reach out to Kim Grever at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (202) 408-0774 x 301.
- EDTA on Executive Order to Help Bring 1.5 Million Zero-Emission Vehicles Onto California’s Roads “Governor Brown’s Executive Order is a welcome show of leadership in the electrification of the California fleet and will help to speed the deployment of plug-in electric vehicles and public charging infrastructure”, said Brian Wynne, President of the Electric Drive Transportation Association.
- EDTA on Illinois Legislation to Boost Electric Vehicle Usage "EDTA commends Illinois Gov. Quinn today for his continued leadership in moving the electric drive industry forward. "With this new legislation to encourage the use of electric vehicles, Illinois joins a growing number of state in establishing important laws that will not only help...
- EDTA on Illinois Legislation to Boost Electric Vehicle Usage "EDTA commends Illinois Gov. Quinn today for his continued leadership in moving the electric drive industry forward. "With this new legislation to encourage the use of electric vehicles, Illinois joins a growing number of state in establishing important laws that will not only help...
- EDTA on Illinois Legislation to Boost Electric Vehicle Usage "EDTA commends Illinois Gov. Quinn today for his continued leadership in moving the electric drive industry forward. "With this new legislation to encourage the use of electric vehicles, Illinois joins a growing number of state in establishing important laws that will not only help...
EDTA Operating Plan 2008
EDTA's 2008 Operating Plan was presented at the October 2007 Board Meeting. Download a Word file of EDTA's 2008 Operating Plan here:
- EDTA Policy Action Plan 2010
EDTA Policy Committee Meeting--January 29, 2008
Click "Read more" to see the agenda and download materials from the January 29, 2008 Policy Committee Meeting.
EDTA Policy Committee Meeting--June 17, 2008
Click "Read more" to see the agenda and download files from the June 17, 2008 Policy Committee meeting.
EDTA Policy Committee Meeting-June 26, 2007
Click "Read more" to see the agenda and download materials from the June 26, 2007 Policy committee meeting.
EDTA Policy Committee Meeting: December 7, 2006
Click "Read more" to see the agenda and materials from the December 7, 2006 Policy Meeting.
EDTA Policy Committee Meeting: October 9 in Washington, DC
Click "Read more" to see the agenda and download materials from the October 9, 2007 Policy Committee meeting.
- EDTA President Brian Wynne Named One of 100 “Most Influential People” In the Electric Vehicle Market Recipients to be honored in Detroit on June 13
- EDTA President Brian Wynne on E&E News With U.S. EPA recently announcing a new national target for fuel economy, how will U.S. automakers adapt their fleets to meet the new standards? During today's OnPoint, Brian Wynne, president of the Electric Drive Transportation Association, discusses the impact of the new standards on the electric vehicle market. He also talks about the cost of electric vehicles, including the Nissan Leaf and Chevy Volt.
- EDTA President Brian Wynne on E&E News Brian Wynne, president of the Electric Drive Transportation Association, discusses the progress being made in the United States on the development and production of plug-in hybrid batteries. He also addresses the public infrastructure hurdles that need to be overcome as more plug-in hybrids hit the road.
- EDTA President Brian Wynne to speak on EVs in the Mainstream Mar. 5, 2012 - EDTA President Brian Wynne will speak during the 2012 IEEE International Electric Vehicle Conference (IEVC) that provides a unique forum for engineers, researchers, government officials and professionals from diverse fields, including electric drive.
- EDTA President Brian Wynne: Federal partnerships enhance private investment and accelerate electric drive advances Oct. 19, 2012 - When recently asked why federal partners are reinforcing private investment in electric drive, Brian Wynne explained that dependence on imported petroleum is a threat to our national security and addressing it is squarely within the federal government’s...
- EDTA President to Speak at Auto FutureTech Summit EDTA President Brian Wynne will moderate the GLOBE/Auto FutureTech Summit panel "The Electric Vehicle Renaissance" on Thursday, March 13 in Vancouver, BC. Panelists are Richard Blundell, Vice President, International Business Development, Think Global AS, Daniel J. Elliott, President and CEO, Phoenix Motorcars, and Larry Oswald, CEO, Global Electric Motorcars. Visit www.autofuturetech.com for details and to register.
- EDTA President Wynne discusses FY 09 proposals for transportation, clean energy EDTA President Brian Wynne discusses challenges facing electric drive transportation industry as automakers implement clean energy technologies. With new fuel efficiency standards to meet and a more green-savvy consumer, U.S. automakers are hoping to incorporate a variety of electric drive technologies into their vehicle fleets over the next several years. Many of these technologies, however, still need to overcome some major development hurdles before they can reach wide scale implementation. Wynne discusses the core challenges facing his industry. Wynne also comments on the President's budget proposals for transportation and clean energy technologies and the cost barriers that continue to impact sales of hybrids and other electric drive vehicles.
- EDTA President's Response to the State of the Union Address “We agree that development of clean and efficient technologies is critical to our national interests,” says EDTA president Brian Wynne. “Based on the president’s remarks last night, we are optimistic that the Administration's FY09 budget request will specifically acknowledge the unique contribution that electric drive technology can make to a sustainable transportation and a secure energy future. EDTA members are committed to working with the Administration and Congress to displace petroleum through the increasing electrification of transportation."
- EDTA Press Room
- EDTA Promotes Action Plan to Fast Track Electric Drive Future — Plan details keys to achieving the energy security and sustainability benefits of electrified transportation — WASHINGTON—January 25, 2010—The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) today outlined an action plan for Congress and the Obama...
- EDTA Public Policy Advocacy EDTA is a respected voice for the electric drive industry on Capitol Hill and works with its diverse membership to educate federal policymakers on the benefits of electric drive and the most effective ways to promote electric drive technologies. EDTA testifies before key Congressional...
EDTA Public Policy Committee Meeting: January 23, 2007
Click "Read more" to see the materials for the January 23, 2007 Policy Committee Meeting.
- EDTA released today its new facts sheet: electric drive by the numbers Washington, DC - January 26, 2012 - Today, the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA), released its media facts sheet: electric drive by the numbers. Electric Drive by the Numbers View the Facts Sheet | Open as a PDF
- EDTA released today its new facts sheet: electric drive by the numbers Jan. 26, 2012 - EDTA released its media facts sheet: electric drive by the numbers
- EDTA releases electric drive sales dashboard for September EDTA just updated electric drive sales numbers through September 2012. To view the online monthly dashboard, click here . >> More news
- EDTA Responds to President Obama’s State of the Union Address Washington, DC — February 13, 2013 — Brian Wynne, President of the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA), today issued the following statement in response to President Obama’s 2013 State of the Union Address: http://www.electricdrive.org/ “Last...
- EDTA responds to Wall Street Journal editorial Electric Car Crash (October 17) The editorial Electric Car Crash (October 17) fails to acknowledge that the status quo – dependence on imported petroleum - is a threat to our national security and addressing it is squarely within the federal government’s responsibility. Reinforcing the substantial private...
- EDTA Says DOE Funding is Critical to Advancing Electric Drive Technology As part of the Homeland Security bill, the Committee passed an amendment to add $1 billion in funding for the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) disaster relief fund, offset by reducing funding from the Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing (ATVM) Loan Program at the Department of Energy.
- EDTA Says DOE Funding is Critical to Advancing Electric Drive Technology Washington, D.C.— May 25, 2011—Yesterday, the House Appropriations Committee approved the FY12 Homeland Security Appropriations bill. As part of the Homeland Security bill, the Committee passed an amendment to add $1 billion in funding for the Federal Emergency Management...
- EDTA Says DOE Funding is Critical to Advancing Electric Drive Technology
- EDTA Says DOE Funding is Critical to Advancing Electric Drive Technology Washington, D.C.â€” May 25, 2011â€”Yesterday, the House Appropriations Committee approved the FY12 Homeland Security Appropriations bill. As part of the Homeland Security bill, the Committee passed an amendment to add $1 billion in funding for the Federal Emergency...
- EDTA Says DOE Funding is Critical to Advancing Electric Drive Technology As part of the Homeland Security bill, the Committee passed an amendment to add $1 billion in funding for the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) disaster relief fund...
- EDTA Scorecard on HR1 How did EDTA's electric drive priorities fare in the Stimulus Bill?
- EDTA Statement on Industry Collaboration to Introduce New Fleet Electric Vehicle to Market EDTA recognizes the important achievement of Azure Dynamics, Ford Motor Company, Johnson Controls and AM General in bringing the battery-powered Ford Transit Connect Electric delivery van to the market, and congratulates Johnson Controls on becoming a new leading customer for Azure Dynamics by ordering 20 Transit Connect Electrics for market delivery next year.
- EDTA Statement on Joint EPA-DOT Ruling on Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Vehicles Today's joint ruling by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Transportation underscores the importance of electric drive vehicles in helping the U.S. reduce its greenhouse gas emissions from the transportation sector.
- EDTA Statement on the Milestone of A123 Systems Opening the Largest Lithium Ion Auto Battery Plant in North America EDTA recognizes the success of A123 Systems in opening North America’s largest lithium ion automotive battery production facility in Livonia, Mich., thanks in part to a $249 million grant from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), administered by the U.S. Department of Energy.
- EDTA Statement on the Promoting Electric Vehicles Act of 2010 From Brian Wynne, President, Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA): “S. 3495, the Promoting Electric Vehicles Act of 2010, as reported by the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, represents an important next step in accelerating the adoption of plug-in electric drive vehicles in the U.S.
- EDTA Submits Comments on Proposed EPA/NHTSA Rule for Window Labels The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) welcomes this opportunity to submit comments on the proposed revisions to the motor vehicle fuel economy label.
- EDTA Submitted Comments on Proposed EPA/NHTSA Rule for Window Labels The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) welcomes this opportunity to submit comments on the proposed revisions to the motor vehicle fuel economy label.
- EDTA Submitted Comments on Proposed EPA/NHTSA Rule for Window Labels The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) welcomes this opportunity to submit comments on the proposed revisions to the motor vehicle fuel economy label.
- EDTA Submitted Comments on Proposed EPA/NHTSA Rule for Window Labels The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) welcomes this opportunity to submit comments on the proposed revisions to the motor vehicle fuel economy label.
- EDTA Takes U.S. Department of Energy's Workplace Charging Challenge For Immediate Release Washington, DC - January 31, 2013 - EDTA President Brian Wynne today appeared with Energy Secretary Stephen Chu at the Washington Auto Show, announcing that EDTA has joined other leading organizations in the electric drive industry to serve as an Ambassador for the...
- EDTA Washington Post Letter to the Editor In response to: 'Car crash, the failing promise of electric vehicles' To the editor, The Post’s September 13 editorial, ‘Car crash, the failing promise of electric vehicles’ is shortsighted, as well as misinformed. To claim “no...
- EDTA Welcomes DUECO as a New Member DUECO is EDTA's newest member. DUECO manufactures medium and heavy duty vehicles and equipment. DUECO, in conjunction with Odyne, recently developed the nation's first plug-in hybrid system for an aerial bucket truck. “DUECO’s plug-in electric drive products show that this technology performs well in just about every type of vehicle application, providing significant fuel savings and emissions reductions," says EDTA President Brian Wynne. "We are pleased to have this medium/heavy duty sector represented by DUECO. Plug-in hybrid bucket trucks are of particular interest to EDTA’s utility company members
- EDTA Welcomes New Members: Dominion, IEEE-USA, Nissan North America, & Phoenix Motorcars Membership continues to grow at EDTA, who welcomes four new members. “This is an exciting year for the electric drive industry, as policy leaders, fleet managers, and consumers alike are demanding advanced transportation options that will decrease our oil dependence and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.” says EDTA President Brian Wynne. “These companies reflect the various approaches being taken industry- wide to bring even more types of electric drive vehicles, in increasing numbers, to the roads.”
- EDTA Welcomes New Members: Progress Energy and Google.org EDTA is pleased to announce Progress Energy and Google.org as its newest members. "Google.org and Progress Energy’s membership in EDTA illustrates how the electric drive industry is evolving,” says EDTA President Brian Wynne. ”Visionary private sector leadership and investment in electric drive technologies is leading the charge toward sustainable transportation.”
- EDTA Welcomes Seven New Members: GridPoint/V2Green Joins the Board of Directors; Better Place, Coulomb Technologies Inc., FMC Corporation, Hero Electric, Hydro-Gear, and United Illuminating “These new members are leading edge companies in the national and global effort to electrify transportation. Representing electricity management, charging infrastructure, electric drive vehicle and component suppliers, these companies reinforce the comprehensiveness of the EDTA effort,” says EDTA President Brian Wynne. ”We are pleased that they will be adding their voices to our message and expanding EDTA’s reach in Washington and beyond.”
- EDTA working with EVIX to get consumer input about EV market EVIX survey July 2012. EDTA partnership with EVIX and Oceanus.
- EDTA | NPVI / General Meeting / AAA, Utility PEV Plans, GeoEVSE / Friday, June 17th The GoElectricDrive General Meeting is scheduled the third Friday of every month. We invite speakers to address issues and opportunities of general interest to our industry, and sometimes introduce new members representing key industry sectors. Our next meeting features the American...
EDTA's "The Electric Drive" Radio Campaign
With oil at its highest price in history, and environmental challenges growing worldwide, businesses and consumers are looking for ways to use less oil and emit fewer emissions. This campaign combines commercials, public service announcements, an educational microsite, and a well-known reporter driving hybrid vehicles. EDTA's radio campaign with WTOP in Washington, DC (103.5 FM, 1050 AM) runs through July 4, 2008.
EDTA has partnered with WTOP, the largest news radio station in the Washington, DC area for "The Electric Drive" Campaign. With oil at its highest price in history, and environmental challenges growing worldwide, businesses and consumers are looking for ways to use less oil and emit fewer emissions. This campaign includes commercials, public service announcements, an educational microsite, and a well-known reporter driving hybrid vehicles. The messaging explains what electric drive is, how it works, why it's important, and demonstrates how EDTA members are bringing electric drive to the roads. Lisa Baden, the morning drive-time traffic reporter, is cruising around Washington, DC and surrounding areas in several hybrid vehicles throughout the campaign, provided by EDTA members. EDTA's radio campaign with WTOP in Washington, DC (103.5 FM, 1050 AM) runs through July 4, 2008. Call Jennifer Watts at EDTA if you have questions about this educational and exciting campaign!
Lisa Baden with hybrid electric vehicles.
- EDTA's Electric Drive Road Map for Energy Security EDTA’s Electric Drive Road Map for Energy Security outlines the key elements of a comprehensive strategy to accelerate the growth of hybrid, plug-in, battery and fuel cell vehicles in the U.S.
- EDTA's Response to the State of the Union Address EDTA's Response to the State of the Union Address January 23, 2007--Washington, DC— The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) applauds the President’s commitment to aggressive reduction of U.S. oil consumption. “Greater energy independence is the critical path to...
- EDTA's Testimony to the Senate Energy & Water Development Appropriations Subcommittee TESTIMONY OF THE ELECTRIC DRIVE TRANSPORTATION ASSOCIATION SUBMITTED TO THE SENATE ENERGY AND WATER DEVELOPMENT APPROPRIATIONS SUBCOMMITTEE OF THE SENATE APPROPRIATIONS COMMITTEE APRIL 18, 2008 In the nation’s two newest comprehensive energy laws, the Energy Independence...
- Education, Outreach & Media Committee Mtg / Monday, July 11th Dear Colleague – Our next scheduled meeting is: Monday, July 11th 1:00 EDT / 12:00 CDT / 11:00 MDT / 10:00 PDT (1 hour) Webinar: URL: http://datashare2.choruscall.com/?meeting=4883699 Telephone: 412-317-6031 Attendee code:...
- EEI Survey Shows Transmission and Distribution Investment WASHINGTON - Thursday, December 20, 2012 - New survey results from Edison Electric Institute (EEI) show that shareholder-owned electric utilities and stand-alone transmission companies invested a record $30.3 billion in the nation's transmission and distribution infrastructure in...
- EERE Webinar June 20: Accelerating Innovation in Fuel Cells June 20: Live Webcast on Accelerating Innovation in Fuel Cells The Energy Department, in partnership with the Battelle Commercialization Council of Labs, will present a live webcast titled Accelerating Innovation: Fuel Cells on Wednesday, June 20, 2012,...
- eHydrogen Solutions Advances 'Water Car' Project: Collaboration Partners & Acquisitions eHydrogen Solutions, Inc. announced today the official launch and developmental scope of its recently announced 'Water Car' project; and the final assessment of collaboration partners and potential technology acquisitions.
- Elecrovaya Announces Memorandum of Understanding with Major Asian Conglomerate MOU envisages minority investment in Electrovaya, joint marketing arrangement, Joint Venture opportunities and business co-operation in all other areas including material sourcing and project financing Toronto, Ontario – February 20, 2013 - Electrovaya Inc. (TSX: EFL) today announced...
- Electric Ampera/Volt range extender wins green engine award The range-extending 1.4-liter engine in the Opel Ampera and Chevrolet Volt won the “International Engine of the Year Award” for the best green engine in a field of 45 contenders, the first time in the 14-year history of the awards that a range-extending powertrain has won.
- Electric avenue: Electric cars on a two-way street? Think of it as the end of cars' slacker days: No more sitting idle for hours in parking lots or garages racking up payments, but instead earning their keep by helping store power for the electricity grid.
- Electric Car Maker THINK to Drive Product and Market Expansion With Additional $40 Million Equity THINK has completed a US $40 million equity increase to support further product development and planned expansion into North American markets. With the new equity, THINK is now fully funded and expects to become cash-flow positive in 2011.
- Electric Car Manufacturer Optimal Energy Adopts Dassault Systemes V6 PLM Solution Dassault Systèmes announced that Optimal Energy, South African car manufacturer, will develop Joule, Africa’s first battery-powered vehicle, with the DS V6 solutions.
- Electric Cars Plugged In 2, Deutsche Bank - November 3, 2009 Electric Cars: Plugged In 2, Deutsche Bank - November 3, 2009
- Electric Cars Plugged In, Deutsche Bank - June 9, 2008 Electric Cars: Plugged In, Deutsche Bank - June 9, 2008
- Electric Drive 2030 Project Findings, Booz Allen Hamilton - November 12, 2008 Electric Drive 2030: Project Findings, Booz Allen Hamilton - November 12, 2008
- Electric Drive Answers to U.S. Oil Addiction Click here to download this document as a PDF file. ELECTRIC DRIVE ANSWERS TO U.S. OIL ADDICTION Electric drive technologies are integral to addressing the national security and global environmental challenges associated with oil dependence. Using...
- Electric Drive can accelerate energy independence By Brian Wynne, president, Electric Drive Transportation Association It is no secret that America is addicted to expensive foreign oil. The Congressional Research Service recently estimated that U.S. imported petroleum costs could rise by about $30 billion in 2012 to reach $451...
- Electric Drive Technology: Year in Review and a Look Ahead Electric Drive Technology: Year in Review and a Look Ahead
- Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) emphasizes inclusiveness, fairness, and collaboration at 2-day Board of Directors Meeting Washington, DC â€“ July 14, 2011 â€“ The EDTA Board of Directors met on July 12th and 13th in Washington, DC to discuss the increasing visibility and market potential for the industry, as well as the ongoing governance of the association. To emphasize the growing diversity of...
- Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) Emphasizes Inclusiveness, Fairness, and Collaboration at 2-day Board of Directors Meeting Washington, DC — July 14, 2011 — The EDTA Board of Directors met on July 12th and 13th in Washington, DC to discuss the increasing visibility and market potential for the industry, as well as the ongoing governance of the association. To emphasize the growing diversity of EDTA’s...
- Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) emphasizes inclusiveness, fairness, and collaboration at 2-day Board of Directors Meeting Washington, DC – July 14, 2011 – The EDTA Board of Directors met on July 12th and 13th in Washington, DC to discuss the increasing visibility and market potential for the industry, as well as the ongoing governance of the association. To emphasize the growing diversity of EDTA’s...
- Electric Drive Transportation Association adds New Member Companies AVL Powertrain Engineering and Genovation Cars Inc. join EDTA
- Electric Drive Transportation Association Adds Two New Members For immediate release Washington, DC—September 11, 2012 — The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA), the preeminent industry association dedicated to promoting electric drive as a core technology on the road to sustainable mobility, recently welcomed...
- Electric Drive Transportation Association Announces Qualcomm as New Member For Immediate Release Washington, DC— February 5, 2013 — The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA), the leading industry association dedicated to promoting electric drive as a core technology on the road to sustainable mobility, recently welcomed new member company...
- Electric Drive Transportation Association Board of Directors Expansion Reflects Industry Growth, Membership Diversity During its Board of Directors meeting in Washington, D.C. on July 10 and 11, the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) announced new leadership for its Board of Directors, as well as a number of new board members.
- Electric Drive Transportation Association Responds to 2025 Fuel Standards Rule “EDTA is encouraged by the recognition from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) of the importance of electric drive in achieving the nation’s fuel economy goals and of its “game-changing” potential.
- Electric Drive Transportation Association Responds to CBO Report on Federal Tax Credits for Electric Vehicle Purchases Brian Wynne: "A strong public-private investment in the emerging electric drive industry can provide important energy security, economic and environmental benefits to the U.S."
- Electric Drive Transportation Association responds to Johnson Controls purchasing A123 assets For immediate release Washington, D.C.—October 16, 2012— Brian Wynne, president of the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) , issued the following statement in response to today’s announcement about Johnson Controls purchasing A123 Systems’ automotive business assets:...
- Electric Drive Transportation Association Says Government Partnerships are Accelerating Advanced Vehicle Technology Success Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) President Brian Wynne testified today during a U.S. House of Representatives Science Committee (Subcommittee on Energy and Environment) hearing. The hearing reviewed the U.S. Department of Energy’s (U.S. DOE) Vehicle Technologies Program (VTP) and its activities.
- Electric Drive Transportation Association to Co-locate with 2010 Washington Auto Show Underscoring its drive toward sustainability, The Washington Auto Show® announced its co-location with the 2010 Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) Conference and Annual Meeting at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center.
- Electric Drive Transportation Association Welcomes ABB as a Member Washington, DC - April 4, 2013 - The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA), the leading industry association dedicated to promoting electric drive is proud to announce that ABB has joined as a member. ABB, Inc. is a member of the Electric...
- Electric Drive Transportation Job Creation, Memo, U.S. Senate - January 15, 2009 Electric Drive Transportation Job Creation, Memo, U.S. Senate - January 15, 2009
- Electric Drive Transportation Provisions in HR 6 HIGHLIGHTS OF ELECTRIC DRIVE TRANSPORTATION PROVISIONS IN H.R. 6 Programs for Research, Development & Deployment of Electric Drive Vehicles Sec 131 Transportation Electrification: (b) Plug in Electric Drive Vehicle Program authorizes competitive grant program to...
- Electric Drive Truck Event in DC: Smith Electric Vehicles on Display Smith Electric Vehicles delivers six electric trucks in Washington, DC on July 28.
- Electric Drive Vehicles Coming to Market: List
- Electric driving in Québec: A driver’s perspective December 13, 2012 -- Electric vehicles are progressively becoming more common on Québec roads. However, many people still have questions about the performance, driving range and public charging of these green cars. Hydro-Québec is a member of The Electric...
- Electric Light & Power names Southern Company Utility of the Year ATLANTA, January 28, 2013 - Electric Light & Power magazine has designated Southern Company its Utility of the Year for the company's demonstrated leadership in the electric utility industry in 2012. Southern Company Chairman, President and CEO Thomas A. Fanning accepted the award...
- Electric Mobile Cars Joins the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) Jan. 18, 2012 - The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) — the preeminent industry association dedicated to advancing electric drive as a core technology on the road to sustainable mobility —today announced that Electric Mobile Cars has joined the Association.
- Electric Mobile Cars, Inc.
- Electric Mobility Canada Electric Mobility Canada (Mobilité Electrique Canada) is a national membership-based, not-for-profit organization dedicated exclusively to the promotion of electric mobility as a readily available and important solution to Canada’s emerging energy and environmental issues. EMC was launched following a December 5, 2005 workshop in Vancouver attended by a wide cross section of interested stakeholders from across Canada. At this workshop an Implementation Committee was formed to oversee development activities. This committee includes representatives from Bombardier Transportation, Toyota Canada, Hydro-Québec, BC Hydro, Industry Canada, Transport Canada, Natural Resources Canada, Environment Canada, Azure Dynamics, Unicell, Ministry of Transportation of Manitoba, Vancouver’s TransLink and others. The coordination of EMC’s activities and projects is currently being provided by the Saint-Jérôme, Quebec based Centre for Electric Vehicle Experimentation in Quebec (CEVEQ.)
- Electric Mobility Canada Commends British Columbia on Extending Electric Vehicle Incentives for Consumers March 26, 2013 - Electric Mobility Canada (EMC) and its members are pleased with the BC Government announcement to extend its Clean Energy Vehicles for BC program. The announcement by Environment Minister Terry Lake provides BC residents with another 12 months during which they can receive...
- Electric Power Industry Optimistic As It Prepares for 2013 NEW YORK - February 06, 2013 - In their annual state-of-the-industry address before Wall Street, Edison Electric Institute (EEI) President Thomas R. Kuhn and other members of the EEI leadership team said that the nation’s electric power industry—which is fueled by strong financial...
- Electric Power Research Institute The Electric Power Research Institute, Inc. conducts research and development relating to the generation, delivery and use of electricity for the benefit of the public. An independent, nonprofit organization, EPRI brings together its scientists and engineers as well as experts from academia and industry to help address challenges in electricity, including reliability, efficiency, health, safety and the environment. EPRI’s members represent more than 90 percent of the electricity generated and delivered in the United States, and international participation extends to 40 countries. EPRI’s principal offices and laboratories are located in Palo Alto, CA, Charlotte, N.C., Knoxville, TN, and Lenox, MA.
- Electric Power Supply and Distribution for EV Operations, UC Berkeley - November 21, 2008 Electric Power Supply and Distribution for EV Operations, UC Berkeley - November 21, 2008
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station Leaders ChargePoint and DBT USA Partner To Significantly Expand the Intelligent EV Charging Landscape in North America Combined Solution Showcased at CES 2013 January 8 – 11 in Las Vegas LAS VEGAS, January 8, 2013 –Electric vehicle charging station leaders ChargePoint and DBT USA today announced plans to significantly expand the networked EV charging station landscape in North America. Through a...
- Electric Vehicle Innovation at GE-NAZA EV Experience General Electric (GE) and NAZA Group of Companies hosted the ‘GE-NAZA Electric Vehicle Experience today, bringing together key stakeholders and industry players in the electric vehicle (EV) space to discuss EV deployment in Malaysia.
- Electric Vehicle Symposium in Los Angeles Features Top Speakers Electric Vehicle Symposium in Los Angeles Features Hundreds of Expert Industry Speakers, Exhibits and Public Ride, Drive & Charge
- Electric Vehicle Symposium to Host Public Day at Los Angeles Convention Center Consumers to Have Opportunity to Drive Latest Electric Vehicles at Electric Vehicle Symposium 2012 at the Los Angeles Convention Center from May 6 - 8, 2012.
- Electric Vehicles Are Paying Their Way Electric Vehicles Are Paying Their Way, Built By Michigan , May 2012
- Electric vehicles could one day do the parking for you CHIBA, Japan - Nissan's self-driving and parking technology could revolutionize the way we drive. Picture this. You are driving into town in your Nissan LEAF zero-emission electric car, looking for somewhere to park. Pulling into an underground parking garage,...
- Electric Vehicles Gaining Momentum and Advocates Electric vehicles are expanding in scope, size, and shape. It’s a transformation that started nearly a decade ago and is just now solidifying. Established car makers like Nissan have invested big because they are confident in an electric revolution.
- Electric Vehicles Provide Emergency Power to Reduce Damages From Hurricanes and Other Disasters Power export from electric vehicles; use electric vehicles to power your house in case of an emergency or a violent storm. Powering tools with your EV from Via Motors VTRUX
- Electric Vehicles to Take Center Stage in Nation’s Capital for Earth Week 2011 EDTA Conference, “The Time is Now,” April 19-21, To Bring Together Policy and Business Leaders to Accelerate Electric Drive into the Market
- Electrified ELR’s Driving Experience is Pure Cadillac Advanced suspension, propulsion systems deliver responsiveness, refinement DETROIT, January 15, 2013 - The 2014 Cadillac ELR electrified compact luxury coupe drives with the performance-bred DNA of all the brand’s vehicles, connecting the driver to the road with responsive driving...
- ElectronVault Launches Traction Battery Product Line, Boosts Energy Utilization by 50 Percent Energy storage pioneer ElectronVault Inc. announced the launch of its ElectronVault Series 1 line of electric vehicle traction batteries.
- Electrovaya Electrovaya is a world leader in the field of portable power solutions with its proprietary Lithium Ion SuperPolymer batteries. Electrovaya’s breakthrough EV has a range of up to 230 miles (360km) and highway speeds. Other program groups include Aerospace, with a NASA Prime Contract; and IT, with a Microsoft partnership on the Scribbler™ Tablet PC.
- Electrovaya acquires majority shares in Miljøbil Grenland AS, a European Lithium Ion Battery Company Electrovaya Inc. today announced that it has acquired 71.6% of the shares of Miljøbil Grenland AS, bringing Electrovaya’s shareholding to 78.1% of Miljøbil Grenland AS, a European Lithium Ion Battery Company.
- Electrovaya Announces a New Product Line of High Voltage Mid Size (~25KWH) Lithium Ion Energy Storage Systems Mar. 14, 2012 - Electrovaya Inc. (TSX: EFL) today announced a new product line, leveraging its utility and automotive products.
- Electrovaya Awarded $5 Million from SDTC for Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle Battery Development Electrovaya is pleased to announce a $5 million (CDN) contribution from Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) in support of battery development for plug-in hybrid electric vehicle applications.
- Electrovaya Delivers 1.5 MWH Lithium Ion Battery-based Energy Storage System to Arizona Public Service Company Feb. 23, 2012 - Electrovaya Inc. (TSX: EFL) today announced that it has delivered a 1.5MWh capacity Lithium Ion SuperPolymer ? Battery Energy Storage System (“BESS”) to Arizona Public Service Company, that state’s largest electric utility.
- Electrovaya increases its ownership to 99.6% of the shares of Miljøbil Grenland AS, an European Lithium Ion Battery Company Toronto, Ontario – September 13, 2012 – Electrovaya Inc. today announced that it has agreed to increase its position from 78.1% to 99.6% of the shares of Miljøbil Grenland AS (MBG). MBG is based in Porsgrunn, Norway. “MBG’s excellent...
- Electrovaya launches next generation lithium ion SuperPolymer(R) cell & battery technology: MN-HP series Electrovaya's Energy Cell Exceeds 200Wh/kg; unique non-toxic production process
- Electrovaya Launches Residential Lithium Ion Energy Storage System Li-ion systems for home usage: Electrovaya systems available from 3kWh – 20 kWh
- ELECTROVAYA LAUNCHES THE NEW GENERATION OF LITHIUM ION SuperPolymer® 2.0 SYSTEM, A QUANTUM ADVANCE IN ELECTROVAYA’S PROPRIETARY BATTERY TECHNOLOGY Toronto, Ontario – April 17, 2013 - Electrovaya, the leading designer and manufacturer of lithium ion battery systems, launches its new generation of lithium ion battery...
- Electrovaya Partners on Approx. $7.5 Million Utility Energy Storage Demonstration The large-scale, multi-site, multi-partner initiative will demonstrate the capabilities, versatility and economics of utility-scale electricity storage based on Electrovaya’s modular Lithium Ion SuperPolymer® battery technology.
- Electrovaya receives Purchase Order for Lithium Ion SuperPolymer® batteries from DongFeng Motors for its Electric Vehicle program in China DongFeng Motor Group, one of China’s largest Automakers, contracts with Electrovaya to produce prototypes for advanced battery systems for an electric vehicle program. Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty attends signing ceremony in Shanghai, China. Toronto, Ontario – January 15, 2013 –...
- Electrovaya Selected as Battery Supplier for Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle Program Electrovaya Inc. has been chosen by Chrysler Group LLC as the battery supplier for 140 Ram plug-in hybrid electric vehicles in a demonstration program.
- ELECTROVAYA STARTS DELIVERY OF LITHIUM ION SUPERPOLYMER® 2.0 Electrovaya’s fast-track development team completes the design, build and test of a new automotive battery system in four months. TORONTO, Ontario – May 8, 2013 – Electrovaya Inc. (TSX: EFL) announced that it has started the delivery of automotive electric vehicle...
- Electrovaya, Accompanying Prime Minister Harper’s Trade Mission to India, signs Two MOUs for Lithium Ion Batteries for Automotive and Telecom Applications Electrovaya deals in India and Europe: MOU with Environ Energy in powering the Telecom Sector and Hero Eco for Two Wheelers in Europe, North America and India
- Email - 07-Jul-2011 meeting follow-up (13-Jul-2011)
- Email - Invitation to 07-Jul-2011 meeting (29-Jun-2011) Download the EDTA Media Coverage Dashboard for FY 2011 (PDF) Please mark your calendars for the next Communications & Media Relations committee call, which will be held on Thursday July 07 at 02:00 pm Eastern . Clay Perry, Chairman of the committee, and myself will be sending...
Emissions and Environment
Check out these "quick facts" about emissions and the environment, taken from leading authorities around the world.
- U.S demand for oil is projected to increase by nearly 50% by 2025. (Hydrogen Posture Plan, U.S. DOE, February 2004)
- The "Clean Commute" program in New York, in which commuters drove electric vehicles to public charging outlets in rail stations, saved 6,664 gallons of fuel in one year. (NYPA/TH!NK Clean Commute Program Report, U.S. DOE, August 2003)
- In the year 2000, the U.S. consumed nearly 20 million barrels of oil products every day. Of that, 40% went to fuel cars and trucks at a cost to consumers of $186 billion. ("A New Road: The Technology and Potential of Hybrid Vehicles"; Union of Concerned Scientists, January 2003)
- By 2020, oil consumption is expected to grow by nearly 40% and our dependence on imports is projected to rise to more than 60%. ("A New Road: The Technology and Potential of Hybrid Vehicles"; Union of Concerned Scientists, January 2003)
- Transportation accounted for 66% of all oil consumed in the U.S. in 2000 (U.S. DOE, Report of the National Energy Policy Group, May 2001)
- Oil consumption is expected to rise to 25.8 million bpd by 2020, primarily due to growth in consumption of transportation fuels. (U.S. DOE, Report of the National Energy Policy Group, May 2001)
- A 10% reduction in energy use from cars and light trucks (achieved by introducing an alternative fuel or improving fuel econoumy) would result in displacing nearly 750,000 barrels of petroleum per day. A similar percent reduction in petroleum energy use from heavy-duty trucks would displace around 200,000 barrels per day, and for buses petroleum consumption could be reduced by about 10,000 barrels per day. (National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Field Operations Program-Overview of Advanced Technology Transportation, July 2000)
- By 2040, light duty vehicle oil consumption may be reduced by over 11 million barrels per day using hydrogen fuel cell vehicles (Hydrogen Posture Plan, U.S. DOE, February 2004, p.27)
- Between 500,000 and 1 million premature deaths worldwide each year are a result of severe air pollution. (World Bank, November 2003)
- Neighborhood electric vehicles in California account for 12.58 million zero-emission miles traveled per year. (Green Car Institute “Study of NEV User Behavior in California”, July 2003)
- By 2040, light duty vehicle carbon emissions may be reduced by more than 500 million metric tons of carbon equivalent each year using hydrogen fuel cell vehicles. (Hydrogen Posture Plan, U.S. DOE, February 2004, p. 28)
FUEL CELL PARTNERSHIPS:
- The following countries comprise the "International Partnership for the Hydrogen Economy": Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, European Community, France, Germany, Iceland, India, Italy, Japan, Norway, Republic of Korea, Russia, United Kingdom, United States. (U.S. Department of Energy, November 20, 2003)
- More than 80 companies around the world are currently working on fuel cell technology, including eight of the world's 10 biggest revenue earners and almost all car companies. (Clean Urban Transport for Europe (CUTE) General Introduction Brochure, 2003; EDTA International Fuel Cell Bus Workshop, November 2003)
- The number of household vehicles in the U.S. has nearly tripled from 1969 to 2001 (National Household Travel Survey, cited in Green Car Newsletter, March 2004)
- Japan is the second largest automobile nation, with 73 million vehicles on its roads. (Japan Automobile Research Institute, October 2003 "For the Next Generation" report)
- 1 million alternative fuel vehicles were on the road in 1999, representing 0.4 percent of the estimated 212 million vehicles in the U.S. in 1998 (Energy Information Administration, cited in General Accounting Office February '02 Report to Congress about the Energy Policy Act of 1992)
- Electric drive technology is used in passenger vehicles, buses, heavy machinery, tractors, trucks, non-road and recreational applications.
- U.S demand for oil is projected to increase by nearly 50% by 2025. (Hydrogen Posture Plan, U.S. DOE, February 2004)
- Emissions-free fuel-cell car from Mercedes-Benz conquers Hollywood An increasing number of Hollywood stars are opting for eco-friendly mobility from Mercedes-Benz. Actress Diane Kruger is one of more than 35 environmental enthusiasts and early adopters in California who are among the first to drive the locally emissions-free B-Class F-CELL vehicle. This electric vehicle with fuel cells from Mercedes-Benz generates electricity on board in a chemical reaction between hydrogen and oxygen. With a range of around 400 km and short refuelling times, the B-Class F-CELL combines locally emissions-free mobility with suitability for long journeys and impressive performance. The vehicle produces no emissions, but only pure water.
- Empire State of Drive: Ford C-MAX Energi Plug-in Hybrid Qualifies for New York Carpool Lane Access C-MAX approved for carpool lanes in NYC. The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has approved the all-new Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid for its Clean Pass vehicle carpool lane access program; C-MAX Energi offers a top speed of 85 mph – 20 more than Toyota Prius Plug-in – and a total range of up to 620 miles, enabling drivers to get where they’re going in a zippy fashion without having to worry about finding a gas station; C-MAX Energi meets the long-distance challenges of New York’s super-commuters who also face increased congestion; idling in stop-and-go traffic is estimated to waste 1.9 billion gallons of gasoline annually
- Ener1 Ener1, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of advanced lithium-ion batteries for hybrid, plug-in hybrid and full electric vehicles. Leveraging our proven expertise with multiple chemistries, prismatic cell design and proven stacking architecture, we design proven solutions that deliver optimum performance and superior vehicle integration to meet our customers’ needs.
- Ener1 Adopts New Structure to Respond to Expanding Opportunities Across Diverse Business Lines ENER1, Inc. has announced a new segmentation of its diversified business designed to allow it to respond more effectively to emerging business opportunities, optimize interaction with target customers and partners, and maximize efficient use of resources. Ener1, a leading energy technology company and maker of advanced lithium-ion batteries, will be internally divided into three segments, reflecting the main directions of development in the rapidly evolving industry: transportation, utility grid and small format products.
- ENER1 and Volvo Cars Team-Up Again to Provide Lithium-Ion Power for the Exciting New C30 Battery Electric Vehicle ENER1, Inc. is teaming-up with Volvo Car Corporation to provide American-made lithium-ion batteries for the Volvo C30 Battery Electric Vehicle prototype.
- Enerdel Launches Services and Aftermarket Group Tomasz Poznar to Head Global Business Unit to Develop and Expand Offerings to Address Customers’ Needs
- EnerDel Plans to Invest $237 Million in New Indiana Lithium-Ion Battery Plant, Creating 1,400 New Clean Tech Jobs Lithium-ion battery manufacturer EnerDel announced today it will invest $237 million in a new manufacturing plant near its Indianapolis headquarters in order to meet anticipated demand for advanced battery systems used in both automotive and stationary smart grid applications.
- EnerDel To Deploy AeroVironment Advanced Electric Vehicle Power Cycling and Test Systems at Indiana Facility AeroVironment, Inc. (AV) announced that automotive lithium-ion battery maker EnerDel will be using a portion of its recent federal stimulus grant to purchase eight AV advanced electric vehicle power cycling and test systems.
- EnerDel Wins U.S. Army Contract to Develop Batteries for New 'Hybrid Humvee' Automotive lithium-ion battery maker EnerDel, Inc. announced today that it will be working with the United States Army to develop a next-generation battery system for the hybrid version of the XM1124 Humvee.
- EnerDel with ITOCHU, Family Mart, Mazda and Other Leaders Unveil Pioneering Automotive-to-Smart Grid Integration Project in Japan American lithium-ion battery producer EnerDel joined forces today with the Japanese industrial trading giant ITOCHU Corporation to unveil a groundbreaking new project that showcases a real-world integration of the smart grid, electric vehicles and renewable energy technologies.
- Energy and Commerce Committee Passes Comprehensive Clean Energy Legislation The Energy and Commerce Committee approved H.R. 2454, "The American Clean Energy and Security Act," by a vote of 33 to 25. This legislation is a comprehensive approach to America's energy policy that charts a new course towards a clean energy economy.
- Energy Department Accelerates the Deployment of Advanced Vehicle Technologies with Private Industry Partnerships Tuesday, March 3, 2013 As part of the Obama Administration's commitment to speeding the transition to more sustainable energy sources that will help drive economic growth, the Energy Department today announced 16 major U.S. employers and two stakeholder groups have joined the Workplace...
- Energy Department and National Park Service Announce Clean Cities Partnership to Drive Sustainable National Parks Efforts to Help Reduce Reliance on Imported Oil, Protect America’s Natural Resources
- Energy Department announces $1 million to evaluate technology pathways for cost-competitive hydrogen fuel In support of the Obama Administration's all-of-the-above energy strategy, the Energy Department announced today new funding to evaluate the most promising technology paths toward achieving $2 to $4 per gallon gasoline equivalent (gge) of hydrogen fuel or less by 2020. The funding will...
- Energy Department Announces Launch of Energy Innovation Hub for Critical Materials Research U.S. Secretary of Energy Steven Chu today announced plans to invest up to $120 million over five years to launch a new Energy Innovation Hub, establishing a multidisciplinary and sustained effort to identify problems and develop solutions across the lifecycle of critical materials.
- Energy Department Announces Milestone in Fuel Cell Use Nearly 1,200 fuel cells have been deployed through the Recovery Act
- Energy Department Announces New Clean Cities Projects to Diversify U.S. Fuel Economy, Prepare for Advanced Vehicles Projects Across 17 States Help Communities by Streamlining Permitting and Training Local Workers
- Energy Department Announces New Investment to Advance Cost-Competitive Hydrogen Fuel February 14, 2013 - The Energy Department today announced a $1 million investment to analyze and evaluate potential cost-competitive pathways for producing and transporting hydrogen fuel. The project selected—led by Strategic Analysis, Inc. in Arlington, Virginia—will identify...
- Energy Department Announces New Investments in Innovative Manufacturing Technologies Research Partnerships with Private Industry Aim to Reduce Energy Use, Costs for U.S. Manufacturers, and Boost U.S. Global Competitiveness
- Energy Department Announces up to $10 Million to Promote Zero Emission Cargo Transport Vehicles Energy Secretary Steven Chu today announced up to $10 million available this year to demonstrate and deploy electric transportation technologies for cargo vehicles, such as trucks and forklifts.
- Energy Department Announces Up to $2 Million to Collect Data from Hydrogen Fueling Stations and Demonstrate Innovations in Hydrogen Infrastructure Technologies Mar. 13, 2012 - As part of President Obama's all-of-the-above energy strategy to reduce America's reliance on foreign oil, the Energy Department today announced up to $2 million available this year to collect and analyze performance data for hydrogen fueling stations and advanced refueling components.
- Energy Department Announces Up to $4 Million to Develop Wireless Chargers for Electric Vehicles Energy Secretary Steven Chu today announced up to $4 million available this year to accelerate the development and deployment of wireless charging systems for electric vehicles (EVs). Developing wireless charging systems for light-duty EVs could accelerate the adoption of these energy efficient vehicles by making them more convenient to charge, both at home and away. The Administration's investments in electric vehicles are part of a comprehensive strategy to reduce America's reliance on foreign oil and help protect American families and businesses from spikes in oil prices.
- Energy Department Announces up to $5 Million to Spur Adoption of Alternative Fuel Vehicles in Communities Nationwide As part of President Obama's all-of-the-above energy strategy to address the high price of gasoline and reduce American dependence on foreign oil, the U.S. Department of Energy today announced up to $5 million available this year to help expand the use of alternative fuel vehicles, including electric vehicles (EVs), in cities and towns across the country.
- Energy Department Awards More Than $7 Million for Innovative Hydrogen Storage Technologies in Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles Dec. 12, 2011 - The U.S. Department of Energy today announced more than $7 million to fund four projects in California, Washington, and Oregon to advance hydrogen storage technologies to be used in fuel cell electric vehicles.
- Energy Department Awards Nearly $7 Million for Research to Reduce Costs of Electric Vehicle Chargers Dec. 21, 2011 - As part of the Obama Administration’s commitment to reduce America’s dependence on oil through advanced vehicle technologies, U.S. Energy Secretary Steven Chu today announced awards totaling nearly $7 million in research and development funding that will help to reduce the current costs of electric vehicle chargers by 50 percent over the next three years.
- Energy Department Invests $54 Million to Spur Development of Transformational Manufacturing Technologies As part of the Administration's effort to spark a renaissance in American manufacturing, the Energy Department today announced it will invest more than $54 million in 13 projects to develop innovative technologies and materials for the industrial sector. This investment will help to...
- Energy Department Invests in Hydrogen Infrastructure and Fueling Technologies Projects to Reduce Costs and Drive Higher Performance
- Energy Department Report: Federal Investments Supporting Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Industry Innovations The Energy Department today released a new report on advanced fuel cell technologies that are helping American businesses reduce their energy costs and drive new market opportunities in the United States. The report, titled Pathways to Commercial Success: Technologies and...
- Energy Department to Launch New Energy Innovation Hub Focused on Advanced Batteries and Energy Storage Note from the editor: this post was initially published on EERE Network News , a weekly electronic newsletter from the U.S. Department of Energy. Washington, D.C. – U.S. Secretary of Energy Steven Chu announced today plans to launch a new Energy Innovation Hub for advanced research on...
- Energy Department Webinar for 48C Phase II Tax Credit Applicants Rescheduled February 12, 2013 - The Department of Energy (DOE) will be hosting an informational webinar on the 48C Phase II Program for potential applicants on February 19, 2013, at 2:00 Eastern time (rescheduled from February 12). This initial webinar will provide information about...
- Energy Department Webinar May 22: DOE Highlights Tool to Estimate the Economic Benefits of Fuel Cell Adoption The Energy Department will present a live webinar on May 22, 2012, featuring a new modeling tool for estimating the economic benefits of fuel cells in early market applications. The tool, called "Job and Output Benefits of Stationary Fuel Cells (JOBS FC): Economic Benefits of Fuel Cells," estimates the number of jobs created by deploying fuel cells in forklifts, backup power, and prime power applications. The webinar will be offered on Tuesday, May 22, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
- Energy Department, NREL Launch Alternative Transportation Web Tools Compare fuel costs for different fuels with this U.S. Department of Energy web tool
- Energy Efficiency Investments Remain Strong Despite Global Recession Despite a global recession, investment levels in energy efficiency have remained strong according to the Energy Efficiency Indicator (EEI) released today by Johnson Controls, the global leader in delivering products, services and solutions that increase energy efficiency in buildings.
- Energy Future Holdings Corporation Energy Future Holdings Corp., formerly TXU Corp., is a Dallas-based, privately held energy company with a portfolio of competitive and regulated energy subsidiaries. TXU Energy, Luminant and Oncor, EFH's primary businesses, serve the high-growth Texas electricity market, which is one of world's largest and among the nation's most successful competitive markets.
- Energy Security Through Electric Drive Click here to listen to the teleconference recording Presenters: Brian Wynne, President, EDTA Genevieve Cullen, Vice President, EDTA
- EnerSys Announces Construction of New Production Facility in China EnerSys, the world's largest manufacturer, marketer and distributor of industrial batteries, today announced that it is finalizing plans to construct a new battery manufacturing facility in Shuangqiao District, Chongqing, Peoples Republic of China for the production of industrial batteries for the Chinese and other Asian markets.
- Enova and Freightliner display Green for Free Vehicle Jan 26, 2012 - Enova Systems, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: ENA and AIM: ENV and ENVS),a leading developer of proprietary hybrid electric and all?electric drive systems and drive system components for the emerging green commercial vehicle market is pleased to announce that one of the first pre? production vehicles resulting from Enova’s and Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp’s (FCCC) recently announced Green for Free™ initiative (www.greenforfree.com) will be on display at the Portland International Auto Show January 26?29th.
- Enova Announces Development of ACUMEN™ System Enova (NYSE AMEX: ENA and AIM: ENV and ENVS), a leading developer of proprietary hybrid electric and all-electric drive systems and drive system components for the emerging green commercial vehicle market, announced today it has begun development of its next generation system, code named ACUMEN™.
- Enova Announces Hybrid School Bus Order; Initial Large Scale Deployment of Federal Stimulus Dollars for School Busses Enova Systems, Inc. a leading innovator of propriety hybrid and electric drive systems, confirmed today that they, along with Navistar International Corporation and its subsidiary IC Bus, will deploy 16 hybrid school buses used for a number of school districts. This deployment represents the initial large scale utilization of US Department of Energy grants for clean school buses.
- Enova Continues Supply of Drive Systems to Smith Electric Vehicles Mar. 5, 2012 - Enova Systems, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: ENA and AIM: ENV and ENVS), a leading developer of proprietary hybrid electric and all-electric drive systems and drive system components for the emerging green commercial vehicle market announced today it has received further orders to supply drive system components to Smith Electric Vehicles Corp (Smith), a global leader in all-electric commercial vehicles.
- Enova Secures United States General Services Administration (GSA) Exclusive Contract to Supply the Enova Ze: All-Electric, Walk-In Step Van The Enova Ze is powered by Enova's 120kW all-electric drive system and is currently the only zero emissions solution for federal fleets in the step van category.
- Enova Systems Enova Systems, a production company, is a leading producer and integrator of hybrid electric (HEV) and all-electric (EV) drive systems and digital power controls for medium and heavy-duty vehicles. Enova has established a leading worldwide presence in key markets, supplying HEV and EV drive systems to major OEMs such as Navistar (North America), Tanfield/Smith Electric Vehicles (UK, North America), Wrightbus (UK), Isuzu (Japan) and First Auto Works (China). Enova has flexible, proprietary technologies and other unique technologies/resources in place to quickly develop and apply its post-transmission, pre-transmission, series and all-electric drive systems into a broad range of commercial vehicle applications.
- Enova Systems and Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation on Target to Deploy All-Electric Fleets Enova Systems, Inc., has completed a major step toward greening North America’s commercial fleets.
- Enova Systems Delivers Electric Drive Systems to Optare Plc 120kW Systems to power All Electric Solo Bus Enova Systems, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: ENA and AIM: ENV and ENVS), a leading developer of proprietary hybrid electric and all-electric drive systems and drive system components for the emerging green commercial vehicle market, is pleased to announce that it has delivered 4 incremental 120kW drive systems to Optare Plc for integration into their Solo Electric Bus.
- Enova Systems joins GoElectricDrive Committee Feb. 29, 2012 - Enova Systems, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: ENA and AIM: ENV and ENVS), a leading developer of proprietary hybrid electric and all-electric drive systems and drive system components for the emerging green commercial vehicle market announced it has joined the GoElectricDrive (GoElectricDrive.com) committee.
- Enova Systems Signs Purchase Agreements with Lincoln Park Capital, LLC Enova Systems, Inc. (NYSEAMEX: ENA and AIM: ENV and ENVS), a leading developer of proprietary hybrid electric and all-electric drive systems and drive system components for the emerging green commercial vehicle market, announced today that it has signed a purchase agreement on April 24, 2012 for the sale, from time to time, of $3.4 million of its common stock, including an initial investment of $250,000, with Lincoln Park Capital Fund, LLC (LPC), a Chicago-based institutional investor.
- Enova Systems to display at EVS 26, SDGE 7th Annual Energy Showcase and ACT 2012 Expo Enova Systems, Inc. (NYSEAMEX: ENA and AIM: ENV and ENVS), a leading developer of proprietary hybrid electric and all-electric drive systems and drive system components for the emerging green commercial vehicle market, is pleased to announce that it will participate in the upcoming Electric Vehicle Symposium (EVS) 26 Conference as well as the Alternative Clean Transportation (ACT) 2012 Expo.
- Enova Systems to Display at EVS26, SDGE 7th Annual Energy Showcase and ACT 2012 Expo TORRANCE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Enova Systems, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: ENA) (AIM: ENV) (AIM: ENVS), a leading developer of proprietary hybrid electric and all-electric drive systems and drive system components for the emerging green commercial vehicle market, is pleased to announce that it...
- Enova to Develop Revolutionary Electric Drive System in collaboration with Remy Inc. Enova Systems, Inc, a leading innovator of proprietary hybrid and electric drive systems propelling the alternative energy industry, announced it will collaborate with Remy Inc. to develop a new electric drive system based on the Omni controller and Remy HVH motor.
- Envia Systems Awarded Grants from U.S. Department of Energy ARPA-E Program and California Energy Commission to Develop Next Generation Batteries for Electric Cars The grants are an important catalyst for Envia's development strategy focused on producing battery technology that will enable more fuel efficient vehicles.
- Environmental Assessment of PHEVs, Natural Resources Defense Council - July 2007 Environmental Assessment of PHEVs, Natural Resources Defense Council - July 2007
- EPAct Electric Drive Vehicle Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Published Oct. 31, 2011 - Additional electric drive vehicles and investments in qualified alternative fuel infrastructure, nonroad equipment, and relevant emerging technologies in DOE's State and Alternative Fuel Provider Fleet Program.
- ePatrol: BMW Group DesignworksUSA shows futuristic vision of police vehicle of the year 2025. Futuristic police car; police car of the future; how will police car look like in the future; future car designs; concept cars
- EPRI Survey Shows Choice May Be Key Variable in Electric Vehicle Purchases PALO ALTO, Calif. – March 11, 2013 – Choices for car buyers emerged as a key factor in the decision to buy electric vehicles, according to results from a survey of South Texas consumers conducted by the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI). The EPRI is a member of the...
- Estimating U.S. Government Subsidies, 2002-2008, Environmental Law Institute - September 2009 Estimating U.S. Government Subsidies, 2002-2008, Environmental Law Institute - September 2009
- Europe Shifting to a Carbon Dioxide-based Vehicle Taxation Regime for a Low-carbon Automotive Industry, Notes Frost & Sullivan As Europe shifts steadily toward a carbon dioxide-based vehicle taxation regime and vehicle manufacturers hasten to comply with stringent EU CO2 norms, demand for low-CO2 cars has skyrocketed.
- European e-mobility leaders DBT and Matra showcase battery swapping station for electric bikes and scooters at EVS26 from May 6th-9th in Los Angeles DBT CEV, one of the largest electric vehicle charging infrastructure firms in Europe, and Matra, a leading manufacturer of Light Electric Vehicles will introduce today at the Electric Vehicle Symposium (EVS26) press conference a unique solution in e-mobility : the Bat'Lib system, an innovative battery swapping station for e-bikes and e-scooters.
- European premier: Johnson Controls presents 48-volt lithium-ion battery demonstration module New energy storage technology has the potential to enable fuel savings in vehicles 15 to 20 percent Hannover - April 10, 2013 - Johnson Controls is premiering its new 48-volt Micro Hybrid battery demonstration module in Europe at the Hannover Messe. The 48-volt hybrid battery would be used...
- EV 2012 VE Conference and Trade Show in a little over two weeks In a little over two weeks, Canada’s Premier event for electric mobility, EV 2012 VE Conference and Trade Show, will open at the Palais des congrès de Montréal. It runs from October 23 to 26. EV 2012 VE Conference and Trade Show is a partner conference with EDTA. Full details...
- EV Batteries 101: What Consumers Need to Know EV Batteries 101: What Consumers Need to Know
- EV Charging Infrastructure Rollout Strategy, UC Berkeley - November 21, 2008 EV Charging Infrastructure Rollout Strategy, UC Berkeley - November 21, 2008
- EV Charging Stations Make Good Old-fashioned Horse Sense Cracker Barrel and eVgo Install Four New EV Fast-Charging Stations in Greater Houston
- EV Charging Stations Take Off Across America This post was initially published on the U.S. Department of Energy blog here Three years ago, the Energy Department announced an unprecedented series of Transportation Electrification projects under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Since that time, we have seen an...
- EV News Site, Along With Android App Release, Accelerates Recargo’s Growth Strateg Feb. 15, 2012 - Recargo Inc., developer of mobile applications for connected cars, today announced it has acquired the privately held PlugInCars.com. Terms were not disclosed.
- EV Owners Celebrate at Plug In Day Across the U.S. Franklin, Tenn. – No gas. No tail pipe. Fun to drive. This is commentary heard from electric vehicle owners at events throughout the U.S. on Sunday, Sept. 23, in support of the second annual National Plug In Day. For the celebration, thousands turned out at parties...
- EV Project Marks Milestone With Over 24 Million Miles Of EV Operation ECOtality, Inc. (NASDAQ: ECTY), a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, announced today achievement of a milestone in the development of plug-in electric vehicle infrastructure, with the collection of over 24 million miles of electric vehicle operating data since the inception of The EV Project.
- EV Project offers Free Blink® Chargers to EV Drivers and Commercial Host Sites in Atlanta ECOtality, Inc. (NASDAQ:ECTY), a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, announced today it will offer its Blink® smart charging stations free to residents and commercial host sites of the greater metropolitan Atlanta area as part of its expansion of The EV Project, a public-private partnership with the Department of Energy.
- EV Project offers Free Blink® Chargers to EV Drivers and Commercial Host Sites in Chicago ECOtality, Inc., a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, announced today it will offer its Blink® smart charging stations free to residents and commercial host sites of the greater metropolitan Chicago area as part of its expansion of The EV Project, a public-private partnership with the Department of Energy.
- EV Project offers Free Blink® Chargers to EV Drivers and Commercial Host Sites in Philadelphia ECOtality, Inc., a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, announced today it will offer its Blink® smart charging stations free to residents and commercial host sites of the greater Philadelphia area as part of its expansion of The EV Project, a public-private partnership with the Department of Energy.
- EV-ergreen in Yokohama YOKOHAMA, Japan – Nov. 16, 2012 – Could this be the future of transportation in Japan? Zero-emissions, small and easy to maneuver and still with a seat in the back for parents to do the school run. And even though it's already on sale in Europe, small...
- EV-Focused Business of Plugging In Conference Returns to Detroit, Announces Key Speakers This October, The Business of Plugging In(SM) conference returns to Detroit hosting a diverse lineup of leaders from a number of different industries.
- EV-Friendly Businesses: How America’s Companies are Charging the Future of Electric Vehicles Media Advisory March 9, 2011 (Updated March 14, 2011) Contact: Jessica Gillman, Environics for EDTA, (202) 296-2002, email@example.com ###THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED###...
- EV-Smart Grid Demonstration Project Starting Operation of "M-tech Labo," a smart grid demonstration system Mitsubishi Corporation (MC), Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) and Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (Mitsubishi Electric) have completed the development and begun the operation of "M-tech Labo,*1" a smart grid demonstration system that utilizes rechargeable batteries in Electric Vehicles ("EVs") for electric-demand leveling of factory facilities.
- Evatran Plugless Power solutions, manufactured by Evatran, are the first electric vehicle (EV) charging systems on the market that offer a simple way to charge EVs with the ease of hands-free technology.
- Evatran Awarded Department Of Energy Sub-Contract To Integrate High Power Wireless Charging Technology Into Production Electric Vehicles The developer of Plugless Power™ named as a sub-contractor on Oak Ridge National Lab’s grant from the US Department of Energy WYTHEVILLE, Va., - March 18, 2013 - Evatran announced today, in cooperation with Oak Ridge National Lab (ORNL), that it has been awarded a...
- Evatran Awarded R&D Grant for Plugless Power(TM) from Virginia Tobacco Commission Evatran, the manufacturer of the world's first "hands-free" electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE), announced today it will receive a $1.25 million grant through Wythe County's Joint Industrial Development Authority to support applied research leading to the commercialization of Plugless Power charging technology for electric vehicles.
- Evatran founder named Entrepreneur of the Year Oct. 26, 2012 - “Evatran, a Wytheville, Va.-based company that’s become an international leader in the plugless-power industry, received “Innovation and Entrepreneur of the Year” honors from the Southwestern Virginia Technology Council during the group’s annual awards banquet...
- Evatran Welcomes Electric Drive Transportation Association and DTE Energy to the Apollo Program Preeminent Electric Transportation Advocate and Industry Leading Utility to Test Plugless Power™ Wireless Electric Vehicle Charging Technology
- eVgo Launches the EVs for Trees Program in Texas to Help Plant Trees in Communities Hit by Drought and Tornadoes Texans now have even more reason to test drive an electric car
- EVS26 Conference Proceedings NOW Available for Purchase Online EVS26 conference proceedings availability announcement.
- EVS26 presentation from DOE Assistant Secretary for Policy & International Affairs David Sandalow DOE Assistant Secretary for Policy & International Affairs on how the US transportation sector depends on oil, the President's plan, the Recovery Act, EV Everywhere, and other Federal programs and initiatives.
- EVS26 Preview: What’s New in EV Technology and Market Adoption? EVS26 Preview: What’s New in EV Technology and Market Adoption? Audio recording on Energy saving and cost projections for advanced hybrid, battery electric and fuel cell vehicles; regional plug-in electric vehicle infrastructure; Electric Vehicle Cities of the Future; Inductive Charging. With Brian Wynne, President, EDTA; Andrew Burke, Institute of Transportation Studies at the University of California-Davis; Robert Graham, Southern California Edison; David Beeton, International Energy Agency Hybrid & Electric Vehicle Implementing Agreement, U.K.; and Rick Kluth, Siemens.
- EVSE, LLC Electric vehicle chargers designed specifically for garages and lots. EVSE offers the industry’s only ceiling mounted charger with automatic cable retraction, keeping cables off the ground; protecting customers from tripping; protecting from snow, salt, rain and vehicles. Our Marquee charger offers the same smart cable solution.
- Executive Committee Meeting: January 18, 2012 Executive Committee Meeting Wednesday, January 18, 2011 7:30am – 9:00am Location : Penn Quarter Room Renaissance DC Downtown Hotel 999 Ninth Street, NW Washington, DC 20001 Dial-in : 1-866-204-3556 or 1-412-317-6031 Participant Code : 132-9218#...
- Executive Committee Meeting: September 27, 2011 Executive Committee Meeting Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:30am – 9:00am Location : Belle Aire Room Westin City Center Hotel 1400 M Street, NW Washington, DC 20005 Dial-in : 1-866-204-3556 or 1-412-317-6031 Participant Code : 2967211 Breakfast...
- Executive Committee Teleconference: August 23, 2011 Executive Committee Teleconference Tuesday, August 23, 2011 12:30pm EST Dial-in : 1-866-204-3556 or 1-412-317-6031 Participant Code : 2967211 EDTA Lease Discussion JLL Presentation Lease...
- Expanding Honda's Vision for Low-Carbon Living February 20, 2013 - Today's announcement of a new partnership between Honda and SolarCity, America's largest solar power provider, is an important step forward in Honda's effort to reduce CO2 emissions that contribute to global climate change. It is also an important contribution to Honda's...
- Fact Sheet: January 2010 fact sheet for 2010 conference
- Fallbrook Technologies Inc. Named to "Global Cleantech 100 List Fallbrook Technologies Inc. has been selected for inclusion in the Global Cleantech 100 list.
- Fans of Ford’s ‘Random Acts of Fusion’ Unlock the Latest Details in Breakthrough Transmedia Program With the help of fans of the new Ford Fusion, Ford Motor Company announces that celebrity personalities Joel McHale and Kate Micucci will join Ryan Seacrest in the new, social consumer program “Random Acts of Fusion.” The full story is revealed tonight during a national broadcast spot on FOX.
- Fast Paced Video Highlights Key Advantages of the Odyne Advanced Plug-in Hybrid System for Medium and Heavy Duty Trucks Fleet managers eager to reduce operating costs and their environmental footprint will want to take a look at the new video posted at www.odyne.com.
- Fast Track: Electric Car Drivers Invited to Drive Indy 500 Raceway Electric car owners often enjoy fast access to HOV lanes but on Sunday, May 12 they can experience the excitement of driving their car on the historic Indianapolis Motor Speedway as part of its EV Rally. The EV Rally is being co-promoted by the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) and its GoElectricDrive.com consumer education initiative.
- Fast-charging electric with arctic whisper Jan 28, 2012 - While the merits of the electric bus are zero CO2 emissions and no noise, unfortunately the batteries that deliver the electricity are not powered from thin air.
- FCEV Tax Credit Explained March 12, 2008-- WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service today issued a notice providing procedures for vehicle manufacturers to certify that a fuel cell vehicle meets the requirements for a tax credit. It also provides guidance to taxpayers who purchase certified...
- Federal Energy and Fleet Management Plug-in Vehicles, U.S. Government Accountability Office - June 2009 Federal Energy and Fleet Management: Plug-in Vehicles, U.S. Government Accountability Office - June 2009
- FedEx and Nissan Expand Their Cooperative Testing of the 100% Electric Nissan e-NV200 to New Global Markets 100% Electric Nissan e-NV200: Nissan and FedEx first worked together in December 2011, testing e-NV200 commercial vehicle prototypes in London, UK and later in July 2012 in Yokohama, Japan. Test programs to extend to other countries such as Singapore, USA and Brazil. Trial results and feedback will continue to shape the development of the all-electric urban delivery compact van and related software. FedEx Express and Nissan are both committed to reducing CO2 emissions and improving the environmental sustainability of their operations.
- FedEx Expands Hybrid-Electric Fleet by 50 Percent With Groundbreaking Conversion Program North America’s Largest Delivery Fleet of Hybrids Totals 264, Tops Four Million Miles of Revenue Service
- FedEx Express to Test 100% Electric Nissan e-NV200 in Yokohama Area Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., in cooperation with FedEx Express, will carry out real-world driving tests of the 100% electric commercial vehicle, e-NV200, in the Yokohama area beginning in mid-July. The e-NV200 test vehicle is based on Nissan’s multi-purpose compact van NV200.
- FedEx Orders 51 Additional Azure Dynamics Hybrid Electric Walk-in Vans FedEx Express has purchased fifty-one additional Azure Balance Hybrid Electric walk-in vans to be delivered in November and December 2009.
- FIAT Brand North America Helps Make it Easy for Consumers to Purchase or Lease All-new 2013 Fiat 500e Auburn Hills, Mich. - April 13, 2013 - FIAT Brand North America is helping to make it easy for California residents to purchase or lease the all-new 2013 Fiat 500e when the electric vehicle (EV) goes on sale in the Golden State this summer. Chrysler is a member of the Electric...
- Fiat S.p.A. reconfirmed among leaders in commitment to addressing climate change Fiat Corporate Social Responsibility; Fiat CSR; Chrysler Group CSR; Fiat Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index; FIAT Carbon Performance Leadership Index
- Final ‘Random Acts of Fusion’ adventure combines fun, philanthropy and fusion in a way only Ford can Ford dealers throughout the country will present “Go Further with Ford Night” on Thursday, Nov. 15 – a fundraising event that will benefit charities across the U.S., engage consumers in the final “Random Acts of Fusion” adventure and offer them a chance to see the all-new 2013 Ford Fusion in person; While at dealerships, consumers will have an opportunity to test their judging skills with American Idol® and compete to win a unique VIP experience during the show’s 12th season; Random Acts of Fusion is a unique transmedia marketing program that already has introduced Fusion to millions of fans by playing out a story arc through multimedia platforms
- Firefly Energy Receives Additional $3.3 Million Army Contract October 1, 2009-- Firefly Energy announced today that it has signed a $3.3 million contract extension for continuing enhancement of its first two advanced battery technology designs. This funding comes in addition to more than $7 million the company has received to date under its original...
- First 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco Customer Takes Delivery Feb 8, 2012 - Jeneise and Talfred Hunt of Romeoville, Ill. took their 2009 Malibu Hybrid to Advantage Chevrolet in Bolingbrook for an oil change this week and instead became the first customers to purchase the all-new 2013 Malibu Eco midsize sedan.
- First All-Electric CODA Car to be Delivered to First Customer Mar. 16, 2012 - Los Angeles based all-electric vehicle manufacturer celebrates first customer deliveries in its hometown
- First Capital Realty becomes a member of The Electric Circuit Twenty public charging stations will be installed by the end of 2012
- First European Clean Mobility Center Installs Coulomb Technologies Networked ChargePoint Stations for Electrical Vehicles 365-Energy announced that the Katholieke High School of Limburg will deploy ChargePoint Networked Charging stations from Coulomb Technologies as part of the first European Clean Mobility Center in Belgium.
- Fiscal Cliff Package Maintains Parity Between Dividend and Capital Gains Tax Rates WASHINGTON - Tuesday, January 01, 2013 - On Tuesday night, Congress reached an agreement on a fiscal cliff package that maintains parity between the tax rates on dividends and capital gains. The Edison Electric Institute (EEI) is a member of the Electric Drive...
- Fisker Automotive to Receive Additional $85M for Development of Plug-In Hybrid Cars Fisker Automotive, Inc., has entered into definitive agreements to receive an additional $85 million in venture capital funding for the development and manufacturing of plug-in hybrid automobiles.
- Florida Power and Light Florida Power & Light Company is the largest electric utility in Florida and one of the largest rate-regulated utilities in the United States. FPL serves approximately 4.5 million customer accounts in Florida and is a leading employer in the state with more than 10,000 employees. The company consistently outperforms national averages for service reliability while customer bills are below the national average. A clean energy leader, FPL has one of the lowest emissions profiles and one of the leading energy efficiency programs among utilities nationwide. FPL is a subsidiary of Juno Beach, Fla.-based NextEra Energy, Inc.
- FMC Corporation
- FMC Corporation Names Eric W. Norris Lithium Division Manager CHARLOTTE, N.C. , Sept. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- FMC Corporation announced today the appointment of Eric W. Norris as manager, Lithium Division. "Eric is a strong business leader and is ideally suited to lead this growing...
- Ford Accelerates Electric Vehicle Battery Testing With Wireless Monitoring Systems Ford Motor Company is leveraging the Internet and wireless technology to accelerate testing and refinement of the advanced lithium-ion battery systems that will power its upcoming plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles.
- Ford and Azure Dynamics Team Up To Deliver Battery Electric Commercial Van In 2010 Ford Motor Company announced today that Azure Dynamics Corporation has joined in a collaborative effort to deliver a pure battery electric Ford Transit Connect van for the United States and Canadian markets in 2010. Azure will integrate its Force Drive battery electric drive train in the Transit Connect van for commercial fleet and retail use.
- Ford and CenterPoint Energy Team Up To Prepare Houston Area for Electric Vehicles Ford Motor Company and CenterPoint Energy, Inc.'s, electric transmission and distribution subsidiary today announced a collaboration to help prepare the Houston area for the operation of electric vehicles.
- Ford and City of Seattle Team Up to Prepare City for Electric Vehicles Ford Motor Company and the City of Seattle today announced a partnership to help prepare the city for the operation of electric vehicles. Ford and the City of Seattle will work together to develop consumer outreach and education programs on electric vehicles as well as share information on charging needs and requirements to ensure the electrical grid can support the necessary demand.
- Ford and Energy Department Announce Pledge for Workplace Charging Challenge Challenge Launched to Support and Expand Workplace Charging Availability for U.S. Employees Today Ford joined Energy Secretary Steven Chu at the Washington Auto Show to announce a new initiative to increase the convenience of plug-in electric vehicles for consumers Ford and 12 other...
- Ford and Portland General Electric Team Up to Prepare Oregon for Electric Vehicles Ford Motor Company and Portland General Electric today announced a collaboration to help prepare the city of Portland and the Pacific Northwest for the operation of electric vehicles.
- Ford Begins Taking Orders for C-MAX Hybrid – America’s Most Affordable, Fuel-Efficient Hybrid Utility Vehicle Ford dealers are starting to place orders for America’s most affordable and fuel-efficient hybrid utility vehicle – the 2013 Ford C-MAX Hybrid – with innovative technologies such as a hands-free liftgate, spaciousness for five passengers and cargo as well as the fun-to-drive character shared with well-handling cars including Ford Focus.
- Ford C-MAX Delivers 570 Miles on One Tank of Gas, Taking Customers Further Than Toyota Prius v at 450 Miles Ford Motor Company once again raises the hybrid fuel-economy bar with the all-new Ford C-MAX Hybrid, which is now officially EPA-certified at 47 mpg city, 47 mpg highway and 47 mpg combined – beating Toyota Prius v by up to 7 mpg.
- Ford C-MAX Delivers 570 Miles on One Tank of Gas, Taking Customers Further Than Toyota Prius v at 450 Miles All-new 2013 Ford C-MAX Hybrid delivers EPA-certified 47 mpg city, 47 mpg highway ratings – 7 mpg better than Toyota Prius v on the highway – for a 47 mpg combined rating
- Ford C-MAX Energi Delivers Industry’s Top Electric-Only Speed Among Plug-In Hybrids at the Touch of a Button All-new Ford C-MAX Energi delivers the top electric-only speed of any plug-in hybrid – 85 mph – more than 20 mph higher than Toyota Prius plug-in; unique EV mode button allows customers to deliver electric power on-demand
- Ford C-MAX Energi Plug-In Hybrid Expected to Deliver 550-Mile Range and Nearly Double Electric-Only Range of Prius Ford’s first-ever plug-in hybrid – the all-new C-MAX Energi utility – is the only vehicle of its kind that customers can drive from Sacramento to San Diego on a tank of gas and make the average commute on electricity alone
- Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid qualifies for California carpool lane access and incentives up to $5,250 Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid approved by California’s Environmental Protection Agency’s Air Resources Board (CARB) for Green Clean Air Vehicle Sticker carpool lane access; C-MAX Energi owners also may be able to receive up to $5,250 in tax credits between the state’s $1,500 rebate and the eligible $3,750 federal tax incentive; C-MAX Energi addresses trends of more Americans “super commuting” longer distances and facing increased congestion; idling in stop-and-go traffic is estimated to waste 1.9 billion gallons of gasoline annually.
- Ford C-MAX Energi rated America’s most fuel-efficient plug-in hybrid at 108 MPGe; saves customers $7,000 in fuel costs Ford C-MAX Energi is America’s most fuel-efficient plug-in hybrid with U.S. EPA-certified 108 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) in the city. C-MAX Energi achieves a best-in-class combined EPA-certified rating of 100 MPGe, topping the Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid combined rating by 5 MPGe, which the EPA says will help customers save nearly $7,000 in fuel costs in five years. A Californian facing record $5-per-gallon gasoline and turning in an average 23-mpg vehicle for a C-MAX Energi would pay the equivalent of $1.25 per gallon for the same distances traveled. At $29,995, the C-MAX Energi is America’s most affordable plug-in hybrid; available this fall, C-MAX Energi is Ford’s first production plug-in hybrid, part of Ford’s first hybrid-only dedicated line of vehicles.
- Ford C-MAX Energi tops all utility and compact vehicles with EPA-rated 620 mile range; triples Prius Plug-in’s electric range Ford C-MAX Energi has the most range of any utility or compact vehicle by achieving an EPA-rated 620-mile range on a single tank and a single charge, taking customers 80 miles further than the Toyota Prius plug-in; C-MAX Energi achieves up to 21 miles in all-electric range – more than triple the Prius plug-in hybrid’s six-mile all-electric range – with a 108-MPGe EPA city rating; C-MAX Energi addresses trends of more Americans “super commuting” longer distances and increased congestion; electric-only operation in stop-and-go traffic is estimated to waste 1.9 billion gallons of gasoline annually
- Ford C-MAX Hybrid Aims for 47 MPG to Beat Prius v as Most Fuel-Efficient, Affordable Hybrid Utility Vehicle in America Ford’s new C-MAX Hybrid soon will make a big statement in the largest hybrid segment with projected leading fuel economy of 47 mpg city – beating the Toyota Prius v by 3 mpg, plus a $1,300-lower base price.
- Ford C-MAX Hybrid Earns 47 City, 47 Highway, 47 Combined – an EPA Rating Hat Trick; Beats Toyota Prius v by up to 7 MPG Ford Motor Company once again raises the hybrid fuel-economy bar with the all-new Ford C-MAX Hybrid, which is now officially EPA-certified at 47 mpg city, 47 mpg highway and 47 mpg combined – beating Toyota Prius v by up to 7 mpg.
- Ford C-MAX Hybrid Outsells Toyota Prius v in First Full Sales Month, Helps Ford Set Hybrid, Small Vehicle Sales Records In its first full month of sales, Ford’s new C-MAX Hybrid outsells Toyota Prius v, 3,182 units to 2,769. Ford sets record for hybrid sales in October with 4,612 units – double October 2011 hybrid sales. C-MAX hybrids help Ford achieve strongest October small car sales in 11 years –a total 25,493 vehicles for a 54 percent increase year over year. Nearly 70 percent of C-MAX Hybrid buyers are new to Ford, with 25 percent of sales in California as Ford continues to make in-roads on the coasts.
- Ford C-MAX Hybrids Outsell Toyota Prius Plug-in and Prius v; Named Official Car for 2013 International CES • Ford C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid combined November sales beat Toyota Prius plug-in and Prius v in C-MAX’s first full month of availability • C-MAX hybrids showcase Ford’s most advanced technologies, making both vehicles natural selections for Official Car of the 2013 International CES, the largest technology trade show in the world • Ford is committed to delivering leading fuel economy across our vehicle lineup to customers; C-MAX Hybrid is EPA-estimated to deliver 47 mpg city and highway; C-MAX Energi is EPA-estimated to deliver 108 MPGe city, 92 MPGe highway and 100 MPGe combined
- Ford celebrates green milestone as 100,000th hybrid SUV rolls off line at Kansas City Plant Ford Motor Company celebrated the production of its 100,000th hybrid SUV and reinforced its commitment to ramping up production of hybrid vehicles this year.
- Ford Celebrates Production Launch of the Only Front-Wheel- Drive Hybrid Transmission To Be Made in North America Ford’s Van Dyke Transmission Plant adds hybrid transmission capacity thanks to a new, flexible assembly line supporting Ford C-MAX Hybrid, C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid, Fusion Hybrid, Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid and Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
- Ford Cuts Energy Use 22 Percent; New Sustainability Report Calls for Added 25 Percent Drop by 2016 Ford Motor Company has released its 13th annual Sustainability Report titled “Blueprint for Sustainability: Accelerating Ahead” – a voluntary and comprehensive annual account highlighting all things sustainable, from people to products
- Ford Delivers Best Hybrid Sales Quarter Ever as Fusion and C-MAX Hybrids Attract New Customers to Brand DEARBORN, Mich - April 10, 2013 - Ford delivered its best hybrid sales quarter ever in the first quarter of 2013 with sales totaling 21,080 vehicles – marking the first time Ford has sold more than 20,000 hybrids in a quarter. Ford’s hybrid sales were up 324 percent nationally over...
- Ford Delivers Best Hybrid Sales Quarter Ever as Fusion and C-MAX Hybrids Attract New Customers to Brand DEARBORN, Mich. - April 10, 2013 - Ford delivered its best hybrid sales quarter ever in the first quarter of 2013 with sales totaling 21,080 vehicles – marking the first time Ford has sold more than 20,000 hybrids in a quarter. Ford’s hybrid sales were up 324 percent nationally over 2012,...
- Ford develops carbon fibre technology that could deliver more fuel-efficient vehicles Ford Motor Company demonstrates a prototype carbon fibre bonnet that could cut vehicle weight and improve fuel economy; Ford Focus carbon fibre prototype bonnet weighs more than 50 percent less than steel version with production times significantly reduced by new processes that can also be applied to other components; Ford European Research Centre involvement in the Hightech.NRW research project follows Ford partnership with Dow Automotive Systems to research advanced material usage, development and manufacturing; Carbon fibre reinforced plastic component is manufactured using new techniques developed as part of advanced research project involving Ford engineers.
- Ford Expects November To Be Its Best Hybrid Sales Month Ever; Electrified Vehicle Sales Increase Fivefold to 11 Percent Ford hybrid market share. Ford projects November as its best hybrid sales month ever exceeding 6,000 units, up from previous record of 5,353 units sold in July 2009; Ford expects to achieve all-time-high 11 percent share of electrified vehicle market – an increase of more than fivefold this year alone driven by C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid sales of 4,400 units projected for November; All-new Fusion Hybrid is turning in just four days; year-to-date 27 percent of Fusion retail orders are for hybrid model; Sixty-five percent of C-MAX Hybrid buyers are new to Ford; Toyota Prius is No. 1 competitive trade-in model followed by Honda CR-V
- Ford Extends Global Electric Vehicles Plan to Europe: Five Models to Launch by 2013 Ford Motor Company is confirming that its global electric vehicles plan is extending to Europe with five full electric or hybrid vehicles across its C, CD and light commercial vehicle ranges coming for European customers by 2013.
- Ford Focus Electric Becomes America’s Most Fuel-Efficient Five-Passenger Vehicle with 110 MPGe EPA Rating Mar. 2, 2012 - Ford’s all-new Focus Electric is now officially America’s most fuel-efficient five-passenger car with a certified 110 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) city rating and 99 MPGe on the highway.
- Ford Focus Electric Costars with Celebrities in ‘Plugged In,’ Yahoo!’s First Reality Competition Series Launching May 29 Yahoo!, the premier digital company, and Ford are releasing today a teaser video previewing “Plugged In,” a weekly online reality competition show coinciding with the launch of the all-new 2012 Focus Electric and airing exclusively on Yahoo! Screen, the company’s video destination.
- Ford Fusion Certified As America’s Most Fuel-Efficient Midsize Sedan All-new Ford Fusion is America’s most fuel-efficient midsize sedan after being certified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to deliver 47 mpg city, 47 mpg highway, 47 mpg combined in hybrid model. Ford Fusion Hybrid beats Toyota Camry Hybrid by 8 mpg highway, 4 mpg city. New Fusion offers greatest powertrain range of all midsize sedans with five engines, including two EcoBoost® options and hybrid and plug-in hybrid variants for true power of choice.
- Ford Fusion Energi Earns Top Vehicle Safety Rating from NHTSA DEARBORN, Mich. - May 20, 2013 – The 2013 Ford Fusion Energi has earned the highest possible “five-star” Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The five-star rating is the U.S. Government’s highest-possible safety rating and is determined...
- Ford Fusion Energi Plug-In Hybrid Rated Up to 108 MPGe City, Making It America’s Most Fuel-Efficient Sedan; Ford Projects Best Hybrid Sales Quarter Ever The all-new 2013 Ford Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid will offer up to an EPA-estimated 108 MPGe city, making it America’s most fuel-efficient sedan by besting Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid by 5 MPGe Ford projects 19,000-plus hybrid/electric vehicle sales in the fourth quarter of this year,...
- Ford Fusion Interior Takes Cues from Sculpted, Three-Dimensional Fashion Trends on This Season’s Runways Ford Fusion Hybrid interior: This season’s fashion focuses on textures and sculpted looks, with a wide variety of color; the trend is similar to the interior of the all-new Ford Fusion; Ford Fusion offers a sculpted interior with sleek, symmetrical lines and both high and subtle contrasts in color; In both fashion and vehicle interiors, details are extremely important, from lace on a collar to the grain in a wood finish
- Ford Fusion Launch Ads Show How All-New Sedan Sets Itself Apart from the Bland Competition Ford Fusion ads: Three television commercials for the all-new Ford Fusion debut this week and show viewers how and why this sleek new sedan outshines the competition; In one of the new ads, all other vehicles on the road become invisible while the new Fusion remains, standing apart from the crowd. In another, a Fusion drives over a cliff showing off “the one thing” the car cannot do; The ads are part of an integrated launch campaign that builds on the “Random Acts of Fusion” digital series starring Ryan Seacrest and print ads developed with input from Chinese artist Liu Bolin
- Ford Fusion, C-MAX Hybrids Attracting New Companies Searching for Savings at the Fuel Pump DEARBORN, Mich., - April 29, 2013 - Ford’s fuel-saving Fusion and C-MAX hybrids are attracting new commercial buyers searching for ways to save money at the pump. Ford Motor Co. is a member of the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) http://www.electricdrive.org/...
- Ford Gives Consumers 47 More Reasons to Get Involved with Random Acts of Fusion Ford announces new Fusion Hybrid attains EPA-certified 47 mpg city and 47 mpg highway for a 47 mpg combined rating, making it America’s most fuel-efficient sedan.
- Ford Invests $550 Million to Build New Global Small Cars, Electric Vehicle at Michigan Plant Ford Motor Company is investing $550 million to transform its Michigan Assembly Plant into a lean, green and flexible manufacturing complex that will build Ford’s next-generation Focus global small car along with a new battery-electric version of the Focus for the North American market.
- Ford Launches Documentary Series, Education Push & Electric Car to Help Customers Make Greener Shift Ford is “charging” into Earth Day by launching new initiatives that encourage people to take a more sustainable approach in life year-round with a national electrified vehicle education program, multi-city tour, and the debut of a 10-film, short documentary series with SHFT.com, an award-winning sustainability lifestyle platform.
- Ford Makes NASCAR History as All-New Focus Electric Becomes First All-Electric Pace Car for the Richmond 400 Ford Motor Company is again making NASCAR history this month as the all-new Focus Electric becomes the first all-electric pace car to ever lead the field for a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at the Richmond 400.
- Ford Marks Milestone As 500,000th EcoBoost-Equipped Vehicle Rolls off Line in Louisville How many hybrids has Ford sold? Ford has sold 500,000-plus EcoBoost®-powered vehicles globally since 2009 launch; EcoBoost sales in North America exceed 389,000 since launch; Ford to expand lineup bringing award-winning EcoBoost 1.0-liter three-cylinder engine to U.S.; number of hybrids sold by Ford; U.S.-made hybrid cars
- Ford Motor Company Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 166,000 employees and about 70 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company.
- Ford Motor Company’s Michigan assembly plant named Plant of the Year by ASSEMBLY Magazine Ford plant that produces Focus Electric receives ASSEMBLY Magazine Plant of the Year award. Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP) is the first plant in Michigan and the first auto plant to earn Plant of the Year honors from ASSEMBLY Magazine. ASSEMBLY Magazine cites MAP’s flexible, green manufacturing and transformation from producing large SUVs to fuel-efficient small cars. Following a $550-million transformation, MAP now produces the Focus, Focus ST and Focus Electric, and is ramping up production of the C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid.
- Ford Opens New Era at Flat Rock Assembly Plant, Source of 1,200 New Jobs and U.S. Production Home of All-New Fusion Ford celebrates opening of a new era at Flat Rock Assembly Plant, new U.S. production home of the 2013 Ford Fusion as well as the iconic Mustang Supporting its Fusion production growth plans, Ford is adding 1,200 jobs, a second production shift, and investing $555 million, taking full management control of the former AutoAlliance International plant. Upgraded Flat Rock Assembly Plant will feature a state-of-the-art, fully flexible body shop and an upgraded paint shop with an environmentally friendly 3-Wet paint process when production begins in 2013 On sale this fall, the 2013 Fusion offers customers the power of choice with the broadest selection of fuel-efficient powertrains in the midsize car segment.
- Ford Plugs into the Sunshine State with Progress Energy Ford Motor Company is expanding the range of its plug-in hybrid electric vehicle research program as one of its regional utility partners, Progress Energy, expands its role by adding a Ford Escape PHEV to its Florida operations.
- Ford Puts Charge in Electric Vehicle Plans; Partners With Coulomb Technologies to Provide Free Charging Stations to Some of its First Electric Vehicle Owners Ford Motor Company will partner with Coulomb Technologies to provide nearly 5,000 free in-home charging stations for some of the automaker's first electric vehicle customers.
- Ford Receives Michigan Tax Credits for Future Electric Vehicles, Battery Development Ford Motor Company received a $55 million incentive from the Michigan Economic Development Corporation for its work in advanced battery and electrical vehicle development.
- Ford Selects AeroVironment to Provide Complete Home Charging Solutions for Plug-In EV Customers MONROVIA, Calif., - May 9, 2013 – AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV) today announced its selection by Ford Motor Company as the preferred installation partner and authorized charging station supplier for the Ford Focus Electric, C-MAX Energi and Fusion Energi plug-in electric vehicles. ...
- Ford Selects Compact Power as Lithium-Ion Battery Pack Supplier for Ford Focus Electric on Sale in 2011 DEARBORN, Mich., July 13 -- * Ford selected Compact Power, Inc. (CPI), a wholly owned subsidiary of LG Chem, as the supplier of lithium-ion battery packs for the 2011 Ford Focus Electric for the U.S. market * CPI, based in Troy, Mich., will begin battery...
- Ford Sets Aggressive Tone with 2010 Fusion Hybrid The new 2010 Ford Fusion and Fusion Hybrid launch this month with an aggressive, multi-faceted marketing campaign, making clear Ford’s intention to expand its share of the mid-size sedan market.
- Ford Supports U.S. DOT and University of Michigan Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communications Model Deployment Program Ford Motor Company’s commitment to development and deployment of vehicle-to-vehicle communications extends to a real-world test site in Ann Arbor, Mich. The test is part of an experiment with the U.S. Department of Transportation and the University of Michigan that will enable future developments in traffic safety and technology.
- Ford targets Prius, non-hybrid owners by redrawing popular classic animated character in new C-MAX ads Ford C-MAX ad: New TV, digital and print campaign – featuring Italian “La Linea” character popularized in the U.S. in the 1970s and 80s – highlights how Ford C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid top Toyota Prius v and Prius plug-in in MPGe and more; New ads also showcase C-MAX Hybrid’s “real-vehicle” performance, technology and value to attract non-hybrid intenders who have not been willing to sacrifice attributes they are used to receiving from traditional gas-powered vehicles; C-MAX Hybrid delivers EPA-certified 47 mpg city, 47 mpg highway ratings – 7 mpg better than Prius v on the highway – for a 47 mpg combined rating; All-new 2013 C-MAX Hybrid is expected to be America’s most affordable hybrid utility vehicle with a base price of $25,995, including destination and delivery, which is $1,300 lower than Prius v
- Ford to Engineer, Assemble Hybrid Battery Packs and Transaxles In Michigan, Adding 220 New Jobs Ford Motor Company, moving to create a center of excellence in Michigan for vehicle electrification, today announced it is investing $135 million to design, engineer and produce key components for the company's next-generation hybrid-electric vehicles.
- Ford to Introduce 15 New Best-in-Class Fuel Efficient Vehicles this Year; Leverages New Powertrains and Technologies Ford is leveraging its range of efficient EcoBoost petrol engines, TDCi diesel engines and low CO2 ECOnetic Technologies to introduce 15 new models in Europe in 2012 that are best-in-class for fuel efficiency*.
- Ford tops in family value, quality, again, says U.S. News & World Report March 13, 2013 - Three Ford and Lincoln vehicles have won U.S. News & World Report’s 2013 Best Cars for Families awards. For three straight years, Ford Fusion has won best midsize car, while Fusion Hybrid is top hybrid car two years in a row and Lincoln MKT takes home best luxury...
- Ford Transit Connect Electric Commercial Van Helps Fleet Customers Go Completely Gas-Free Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) today unveiled the all-electric version of the Ford Transit Connect – the 2010 North American Truck of the Year – at the Chicago Auto Show and confirmed the zero-emissions small van will be in fleet operators' hands later this year. The 2011 Transit...
- Ford Transit Connect Named Truck of the Year The 2010 Ford Transit Connect handily hauled home the 2010 North American Truck of the Year. The award was announced at a 2010 North American International Auto Show news conference.
- Ford Triples Dealers Certified to Sell C-MAX Energi Plug-in Hybrid, Beats Toyota in Fuel Economy Across the Board Ford dealerships for C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid: Ford has tripled to more than 200 the number of dealers certified to sell plug-in electrified vehicles, including C-MAX Energi – Ford’s first-ever plug-in hybrid; More than 900 dealers are either certified or enrolled for certification, far outpacing Ford’s original estimates for 350 total, with 25 percent of buyers placing plug-in hybrids on their shopping lists; Ford plans certified dealers in all 50 states by early 2013 when the new Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid arrives, adding to one of the industry’s most fuel-efficient lineups that beats Toyota in fuel economy in every segment where both compete; 2013 C-MAX Energi is America’s most fuel-efficient plug-in hybrid – certified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to offer the equivalent of 105 miles per gallon (MPGe) combined – 5 MPGe more than Prius Plug-in
- Ford Unveils All-New Mondeo; Flagship Delivers Premium Design, Cutting-Edge Tech and 1.0-litre EcoBoost Engine Ford presents new Ford Mondeo with four-door Hybrid Electric Vehicle model
- Ford Uses Innovative Liquid-Cooled Battery System to Help Focus Electric Owners Maximize Range The all-new Ford Focus Electric, which debuts in the U.S. late next year and in Europe in 2012, will be powered by an advanced lithium-ion battery that utilizes heated and cooled liquid to help maximize battery life and gas-free driving range.
- Ford's 10th Annual Sustainability Report Details Progress on Blueprint for Sustainability Ford Motor Company's 10th annual Sustainability Report provides a comprehensive look at the company's progress on environmental and social issues over the past year.
- Ford's Strong Hybrid Sales Buck Industry Trend DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ Ford Motor Company's hybrid vehicle sales have risen 73 percent this year in sharp contrast to a 14-percent decline in hybrid sales across the industry. The fuel economy and durability of hybrid versions of Ford Fusion and Escape, Mercury...
- Ford, EPRI add 7 new utility partners, battery maker to plug-in hybrid vehicle program Seven electric utility providers are joining the Ford and Electric Power Research Institute plug-in hybrid electric vehicle program to conduct real world testing with Ford Escape PHEVs.
- Ford, Microsoft Celebrate Five Years of In-Car Connectivity Leadership with 5 Millionth SYNC-Equipped Vehicle Number of vehicles with Ford SYNC: Five years after launching SYNC® with Microsoft, Ford has delivered more than 5 million vehicles with the award-winning connectivity system; SYNC’s success based on open, flexible and agnostic Microsoft platform and vision for mobile connectivity being a growing consumer trend; Ford and Microsoft look to the future for next phase of the connected car experience to be based on intelligence through fusion of cloud computing and sensor data
- Ford, Microsoft Team Up to Help Electric Vehicle Owners Recharge More Effectively, Affordably Ford Motor Company and Microsoft Corp. are leading the way toward a more energy-efficient future with a new solution that will make electric vehicle ownership easier and more affordable for consumers.
- Ford, Microsoft Tout Focus Electric Technologies as the Future of More Affordable, Efficient Transportation Ford and Microsoft appearing this week at the Future in Review Conference (FiRe) – a forum for leading technology experts – to demonstrate how the new 2012 Focus Electric's technologies can help address future global transportation challenges Source: PR Newswire (http://s.tt/1cDKD)
- Ford, University of Michigan Launch Student Contest for Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communications Innovation Vehicle-to-vehicle communications by Ford: Ford and the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute (UMTRI) are partnering on a competition for undergraduate students to develop innovative applications that enhance vehicle safety and sustainability by using Vehicle-to-Vehicle communications; Multidisciplinary teams of students from across the Midwest will be encouraged to develop new and innovative applications that benefit all road users and all forms of transit; cars, commercial vehicles, transit buses, motorcycles, bicycles and pedestrians; This fall, the UMTRI and the U.S. Department of Transportation launched a year-long program that establishes a real world test site in Ann Arbor, Mich. to enable wireless communications among vehicles and roadside equipment for use in developing future safety measures and technologies, including vehicles equipped by Ford and other automobile manufacturers
- Ford’s Flexible Michigan Assembly Plant Makes History by Launching C-MAX Energi Plug-in Hybrid, Beating Toyota in Fuel Economy Across Lineup Where does Ford produces hybrid cars? C-MAX Energi is fifth major advanced technology, fuel-efficient vehicle to be produced at the transformed Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP) – the world’s only plant to build gasoline-powered, electric, hybrid and plug-in hybrid vehicles all on the same production line and the only one to produce four vehicles delivering 40 mpg or more; After launching the new Escape, Fusion and C-MAX hybrids, Ford now beats Toyota in fuel economy in every segment where both compete; The C-Max Energi is America’s most fuel-efficient and affordable plug-in hybrid vehicle, delivering 108 MPGe city and “real car” horsepower of 195, eclipsing the Prius plug-in by more than 60 horsepower; MAP’s five fuel economy leaders, coupled with the all-new Fusion Hybrid and Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid and the nearly half a million EcoBoost-powered vehicles sold globally, cements Ford’s fuel economy leadership position in 2013
- Ford’s Investment in Electrification Center of Excellence Delivers New Jobs, Better Fuel Economy, More Choice •Ford now has more than 1,000 engineers working on vehicle electrification – its highest number ever; 60 engineers added in the last year, dozens more to be added in the year ahead
- Ford’s MyFord Mobile App and Batteries Allow Customers to Benefit from More Than 9,400 U.S. Public Charging Stations Ford is making sure its customers can take advantage of the rapidly growing electric vehicle infrastructure in the U.S. – now with more than 9,400 public charging stations – by equipping cars like C-MAX Energi with batteries that can charge in as little as 2.5 hours and offering an app that is updated daily and helps find nearby charging stations.
- Ford’s new Li-Ion batteries reduce use of rare earth metals, enable superior fuel economy for Fusion, C-Max hybrids Ford li-ion batteries in Fusing hybrid and C-Max hybrid reduce use of rare earth metals. New projected 47-mpg Ford Fusion Hybrid and EPA-certified 47-mpg C-MAX Hybrid feature lighter, more efficient, more powerful lithium-ion batteries that are expected to reduce Ford’s use of expensive, rare earth metals by up to 500,000 pounds annually. Dysprosium, the most expensive rare earth metal used in Ford vehicles, is reduced by approximately 50 percent in new Fusion and C-MAX hybrids’ electric machines. These rare earth metal reductions helped Ford cut the cost of its third-generation hybrid technology by 30 percent, adding to the overall value of the new C-MAX Hybrid – America’s most affordable hybrid utility vehicle starting at $25,995 – and Fusion Hybrid
- Former Chrysler CEO Thomas W. Lasorda Joins Electrovaya Board of Directors Electrovaya Inc., developer and manufacturer of proprietary Lithium Ion SuperPolymer® battery systems, announced that former Chrysler CEO, Thomas W. LaSorda, has joined its Board of Directors and has been appointed as Special Advisor to Electrovaya CEO, Sankar DasGupta.
- Former NBA Star Chris Webber Visits Chevy Volt Plant Gathering material for life story, he drops in where father worked for 30 years
- FPL Group and Duke Energy Investing $600 Million to Convert Vehicles to Plug-in Hybrid or Electric by 2020 The joint commitment represents more than 10,000 vehicles and potential revenues of at least $600 million for manufacturers who can produce viable plug-in electric vehicles (PEVs). The conversion has the potential to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by more than 125,000 metric tons over the next 10 years.
- FREE 8-Hour First Responder Safety Online Training for Electric Drive Vehicles Not all firefighters are able to participate in classroom-based training due to location, cost, and time constraints. Because of this, the National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium (NAFTC) is excited to announce a limited number of firefighter scholarships to...
- FreedomCAR and Fuel Partnership Given 'Thumbs Up' Review Plus Support for Multiple Technologies R&D In its third report on the FreedomCAR and Fuel Partnership (FC&FP), the National Research Council (NRC) of the National Academies commended the Partnership's government/industry joint technical teams as important and effective in pursuing sustainable automotive transportation solutions.
- Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. and Enova Systems Announce Their Intentions to Collaborate on All-Electric Commercial Chassis Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation and Enova Systems announced have jointly executed a Letter of Intent to enter into an all-electric commercial chassis development program.
- Frito-Lay Starts 'Charge' on Largest Fleet of All-Electric Trucks in North America PepsiCo's Frito-Lay North America division is setting the wheels in motion for what will ultimately be the largest fleet of commercial all-electric trucks in North America this week. New York City will become the first U.S. city to receive its favorite snacks from fully-electric delivery trucks, with five new trucks beginning routes this month.
- From motorsport to series production: the digital rear-view mirror Intelligent camera/monitor system ensures an ideal view
- Frost & Sullivan EV Study List-10-22-09 list of studies available to EDTA members for a 10% discount.
- Frost & Sullivan EV Study List-PDF Version-10-27-09 Frost & Sullivan EV Study List-PDF Version-10-27-09
- Frost & Sullivan: EU and NA Hybrid Buses, Vans and Trucks Market - Market Pull Dictating Growth Trajectory Frost & Sullivan to Host Analyst Briefing on Passenger Screening on Wednesday, 28 April, 2010 at 4:00pm BST
Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles
A fuel cell combines hydrogen fuel and oxygen to produce electricity used to power an electric motor that moves the vehicle. The only exhaust is water. A number of fuel cell powered electric vehicles are on the roads worldwide, including passenger cars, delivery trucks, buses and military vehicles. Researchers are working to bring down fuel cell and related component costs and to improve durability to enable full commercialization. California boasts the largest number of fuel cell fleets, and there are demonstration projects nationwide, including Washington, DC.
Advantages of fuel cell electric vehicles:
-Zero tailpipe emissions (no CO2 or other pollutants)
-Higher energy efficiency than the internal combustion engine
-Regenerative braking captures and reuses braking energy
-Potential of near-zero well-to-wheel emissions when using renewable fuels to produce hydrogen
-Energy security: no dependence on petroleum
-Grid connection potential providing energy "on call" to the grid
-Increased realiability and durability
-Hydrogen generation, distribution, dispensing and onboard storage
-Availability and affordability of hydrogen refueling
-Codes and standards development
-Scalability for mass manufacture
- Fuel Cell Vehicle Sales to Total 2.8 Million by 2020, Says Pike Research According to a new report from Pike Research, fuel cell vehicles will be commercially launched in most regions of the world by 2014, and cumulative sales of fuel cell cars and trucks will surpass 2.8 million vehicles globally by 2020.
- Fuel Cells – A Technology We Can All Agree On National organizations representing health, environmental and energy policy interests joined four national trade associations, including EDTA, in calling for the restoration of the federal hydrogen and fuel cell research and deployment program.
- Fuel-Efficient Ford Cars Drive January Sales Increase Car sales up 24%, Best January sales in a decade OAKVILLE, Ontario - February 1, 2013 — A full lineup of cars, utilities and trucks helped Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited kick off the New Year with an 8 per cent sales increase, marking its best January in 10 years. Car sales helped...
- FuelCell Energy Awarded $2.1 Million for Fuel Cell to be Incorporated into Air Products' Renewable Hydrogen Fueling Station in California The project is to demonstrate an Air Products' concept which incorporates FuelCell Energy's DFC-H2® technology in a hydrogen fueling station. The DFC-H2® can produce clean power, heat and renewable hydrogen.
- Fuji Electric Announces Agreement With Coulomb Technologies May 1, 2012 - Fuji Electric Corporation of America announced today that it has collaborated with Coulomb Technologies to integrate Coulomb’s ChargePoint Network into its DC Quick Charging Stations.
- Fuji Electric Begins U.S. Production of EV Charging Stations Edison, N.J., - March 26, 2013 - Fuji Electric Corp. of America has announced that U.S. production of their UL-Certified DC Quick Chargers for Electric Vehicles has commenced, with the first production units shipping out of Milpitas, CA by late-March. The manufacturer’s 4th Generation...
- Fuji Electric Corp. of America Fuji Electric develops the business globally with electric power plants and system solutions know-how accumulated by developing social and industrial infrastructures and electric power, and superior expertise in top-level components. The company provides power semiconductors that are indispensable in the reduction of energy consumption in industrial machines, home electronic appliances and automotive electronics, and magnetic discs used in PC disc devices. Furthermore, the Company also provides products closely linked to daily lifestyles, such as vending machines. Moving forward, we will strive to further expand business in the field of “energy and the environment” by fusing and strengthening core technologies.
- Fuji Electric Corporation of America joins the Electric Drive Transportation Association Oct. 20, 2011 - The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) — the preeminent industry association dedicated to advancing electric drive as a core technology on the road to sustainable mobility —today announced that Fuji Electric Corporation of America has joined the Association.
- Fuji Electric Introduces Electric Vehicle Charger At Residence Inn San Juan Capistrano ChargePoint DC Fast Charging: Manufacturer Unveils First Publicly Available DC Quick Charger on ChargePoint
- Funding a Diverse Portfolio of Clean Vehicle and Energy Technologies is Right Choice for America “The FY 2010 Energy & Water Development Appropriation funds a full portfolio of advanced technologies and fuels for power generation and vehicles, including fuel cells, hydrogen, and batteries,” the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA), National Hydrogen Association (NHA) and US Fuel Cell Council (USFCC) said in a joint statement.
- Future mobility at the Audi museum mobile Audi future engines, future energies and urban future
- Future Rapid Transportation System Unveiled in Bogota Bogotá, Colombia - March 19th, 2013 - Express del Futuro, a partner-operator of Transmilenio, and BYD, are unveiling plans for an electric bus fleet in one of Colombia’s largest rapid transits at a Press Conference Tuesday 7:00AM Calle 80 # 96-91, Bogotá, Colombia. Express is the first to...
- FY 09 Appropriations Update The House Appropriations Committee marked up the FY09 Energy and Water Appropriations bill on Wednesday, June 25. The bill contains important funding increases and restorations for DOE electric drive programs and provides new funding for key electric drive programs authorized in the 2007 Energy...
- FY 2009 Budget Request Highlights and Documents Click "Read more" to see electric drive highlights included in the FY09 Budget Request, and to download Word files of Vehicles and Hydrogen subprograms funding levels.
- FY11 Budget Request: Electric Drive Highlights On February 1, 2010, the Department of Energy rolled out its FY11 budget request, which overall is a good one for electric drive – particularly in the context of a discretionary spending freeze. We are pleased to maintain our priority..
- FY11 Budget Request: Electric Drive Highlights On February 1, 2010, the Department of Energy rolled out its FY11 budget request, which overall is a good one for electric drive – particularly in the context of a discretionary spending freeze. We are pleased to maintain our priority...
- FY12 Budget Request: EDTA Testimony The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) is the cross-industry trade association promoting the advancement of electric drive technology and electrified transportation and we are writing regarding the FY12 request for the Department of Energy’s Vehicle Technologies and other electric drive programs.
- FY12 Budget Request: EDTA Testimony The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) is the cross-industry trade association promoting the advancement of electric drive technology and electrified transportation and we are writing regarding the FY12 request for the Department of Energy’s Vehicle Technologies and other electric drive programs.
- FZ SoNick FZ SoNick was created from the experience of MES-DEA. At the end of the 1990s Carlo Bianco (founder) purchased the Daimler-Chrysler and AEG patents for salt storage batteries which allowed him to industrialize and mass-produce this innovative accumulator and make it available for electric vehicles. FZ SoNick is also part of the FIAMM Group. Established in 1942. FIAMM today is a worldwide supplier of major automobile manufacturers for the automotive sector (ignition batteries, horns and antennas), the FIAMM Group also became a touchstone in the industrial batteries sector and with its products it guaranteed reliability and safety in energy storage systems, telecommunications, data transmission and processing as well as industrial processes.
- GE and Juice Technologies Co-Developing Electric Vehicle Charging Devices that Will Help Consumers Save GE and Juice Technologies announced a joint development agreement to create intelligent plug-in electric vehicle charging devices for U.S. and global markets. The chargers integrate GE’s smart meters with Juice Technology’s Plug Smart™ engine to help consumers charge their cars during low-demand, lower cost time periods.
- GE Capital Fleet Services Launches New Interactive Website Focused on Alternative Fuels and Sustainability GE Capital Fleet Services today announced the launch of a new eco-focused website that provides access to the company’s depth of knowledge regarding alternative fuels and related sustainable products.
- GE Capital to Finance Commercial Purchases of Global Electric Motorcars (GEM®) IRVING, TX - May 2, 2013 - GE Capital’s Equipment Finance business has signed a three-year agreement to provide financing for commercial purchases of Global Electric Motorcars (GEM). Owned by Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII), GEM produces electric low-speed vehicles that are typically...
- GE Energy Teams Up with PayPal to Make Electric Vehicle Charging Payments Simple and Secure GE Energy’s Industrial Solutions business today announced details of the strategic agreement it entered with PayPal to launch the ecomagination™-approved WattStation™ and WattStation™ Connect, a complete electric vehicle (EV) charging platform solution.
- GE Introduces an Optimization Solution for Microgrids Enables Renewable Energy to be Reliably and Cost-Effectively Integrated into a Microgrid System. Optimizes the Cost of Microgrid Energy and Reduces Greenhouse Gas Emissions by Balancing the Use of Renewable and Fossil Fuel-Based Energy Resources. Provides an Easy-to-Use, Operator Interface Allowing Microgrid System Operators to Effectively Manage Operations and Make Maintenance Decisions Easier.
- GE Introduces Durathon Battery for Utilities GE Energy Storage Technologies, a unit of GE Transportation unveiled today its Durathon battery technology for utility companies.
- GE Software Solution Provides Grid Stability for Southern California Edison GE’s Phasor Measurement System Allows SCE to Enhance Operator Situational Awareness Phase 1 of Project to Enable Exchange of Information with Other Utilities and System Operators in the Western Electricity Coordinating Council Region Electric Power Group (EPG) and Instep Software...
- GE to Open New Technology Center in New Orleans Feb. 17, 2012 - GE (NYSE: GE) today announced that it will open the GE Capital Technology Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- GE to Purchase 2,000 Ford C-MAX Energi Plug-in Hybrids; Companies Collaborate with Georgia Tech to Accelerate Alternative Fuel Vehicle Adoption and Research GE will purchase 2,000 C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrids – Ford’s largest-ever plug-in electrified vehicle fleet sale – as part of GE’s commitment to convert half of its global fleet to alternative fuel vehicles; C-MAX Energi is America’s most fuel-efficient plug-in hybrid with a 108 MPGe city EPA rating and a 620-mile single-tank range that will benefit GE’s sales and service professionals – many who drive more mileage daily than average commuters; Ford will promote GE’s WattStation™ charging station and CNG in a Box™ natural gas fueling station with its commercial buyers. Ford will also supply new alternative fuel vehicles for use at GE’s Vehicle Innovation Center; Georgia Institute of Technology researchers to study GE employee driving and charging habits through innovative MyFord® Mobile app to help optimize all-electric driving
- GED Content Agreement Letter - 11-Apr-2012 agreement for licensing member submitted content to GoElectricDrive.com
- GED: Articles of Incorporation - filed 24-Aug-2012 articles of incorporate for GED foundation filed on 24-Aug-2012
- GED: Bylaws adopted by Board 2-Oct-2012 GED board bylaws adopted by EDTA Board on 2-Oct-2012
- GED: Consent Resolution draft2 consent resolution draft 2 for GED foundation
- General Electric Company GE believes good environmental policy makes good economic sense. Ecomagination is GE's commitment to help our customers and society at-large solve our most pressing environmental challenges and drive future growth for the company through a diverse portfolio of new technologies and research initiatives. The world’s energy market is changing. From concerns about energy security and global climate changes to frustrations with uncertain and costly oil and gas markets, a variety of factors have converged to create an increasing demand for cleaner, sustainable sources of energy. With the world’s population and energy consumption needs continuing to rise, this demand will only become greater.
- General Motors General Motors (NYSE: GM), the world's largest vehicle manufacturer, designs, builds, and markets cars and trucks worldwide. It employs about 362,000 people globally. GM is actively involved in advanced vehicle research and development, concentrating on electrical hybrid and fuel cell systems. The company has demonstrated continuously improved mobile and stationary fuel cell applications, including the world's first gasoline processor, and has developed a fuel cell with the world's highest degree of power density. General Motors Advanced Technology Vehicles group creates advanced technology vehicle options for General Motors, and is responsible for final development and initial commercialization of these advanced products. The group assures that these vehicles are technically feasible and commercially viable, with a specific goal of "making a business" of advanced vehicle technology. In December of 2010, GM released one of the first mass-market electric vehicles, the extended-range Chevrolet Volt. Within five months of the release, the Volt has been named the 2011 Motor Trend Car of the Year, the 2011 North American Car of the Year, and the 2011 Green Car of the Year, among other accolades.
- General Motors and Bright Automotive Announce Strategic Relationship Bright Automotive and General Motors today announced they have agreed to pursue a strategic relationship and that GM has provided funding to the Indiana automaker.
- General Motors and Enterprise Holdings to Address Corporate Sustainability at Donald Danforth Plant Science Center GM’s Mark Reuss and Enterprise’s Andrew Taylor in Panel Discussion About New Technology, Biofuels, Public Policy Issues
- General Motors named Green Corporate Citizen General Motors, GM, was named the Green Corporate Citizen. Highlights from GM environmental programs.
- General Motors' Two-Mode Hybrid Powertrain Voted "2009 Best New Green Technology" by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada The Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC) recognized GM's Two-Mode Hybrid technology as the 2009 Best New Green Technology.
- General Services Administration Electrifies the Fleet; Delivers First Electric Vehicle to Navy Oct. 25, 2011 - In 2009, when President Obama issued his Executive Order 13514 challenging the Federal Government to lead by example by improving energy, environmental, and economic performance, GSA answered the call.
- Georgia Power enables electric vehicle charging at work locations ATLANTA, January 16, 2013 - Georgia Power is now offering workplace charging to its employees throughout the state. The program is part of ECOtality's Electric Vehicle (EV) Project – a public-private partnership with the Department of Energy that evaluates the effectiveness of EV charger...
- Global Automakers to Demo EV Fast Charging at EVS26 May 3, 2012 - Eight global automakers to participate in charging display and will demo the standardized single-port DC-fast charging technology
- Global Electric Motorcars by Polaris Global Electric Motorcars by Polaris (GEM) has been in operation for over 14 years, maintaining its leadership position in the EV market with continuous product improvements, innovations and offerings. GEM remains committed to providing efficient and affordable transportation solutions, offering six unique models that optimize operations and offer a cost-effective, energy-efficient advantage to transporting people and hauling equipment. GEM battery-electric vehicles not only represent a relatively new vehicle in an emerging market segment, but also a growing brand within Polaris®. Just like Ranger®, Victory®, or many of our other well-established brands, GEM stands for innovation and leadership. GEM aims to establish its brand presence both as a top-selling NEV in the market and a purveyor of one of the smartest solutions to traffic congestion and air quality problems yet to be introduced. The solution: zero-emissions personal transportation that is well integrated with traditional alternative transportation choices such as mass transit and carpooling. GEM models are sophisticated yet simple. They represent a new kind of personal transportation, that expands the capacity to have fun. They represent a versatile and efficient way to get the job done, as well as a clean way to do everyday work. GEM cars harness and put to work the power of silence. Today, Polaris remains committed to maintaining its leadership position in the NEV market with product improvements, innovations, and offerings. Currently, GEM cars are available in six unique models and are seen in cities, master planned communities, universities and colleges, industrial complexes, security companies, airports, and resorts throughout the world. Looking to the future, GEM is strategically positioned within the Polaris family to aid in the company's continuing efforts and commitment to developing, producing, and selling the world's most environmentally-friendly vehicles..
- GM Accelerates Electric Vehicle Development in China General Motors in China: battery technology and lightweight materials for electric cars at the Advanced Materials Lab in Shanghai part of the GM China Advanced Technical Center.
- GM and Segway Join Forces to Reinvent Urban Transportation General Motors Corp. and Segway demonstrated a new type of vehicle that could change the way we move around in cities. Dubbed Project P.U.M.A. (Personal Urban Mobility and Accessibility), GM and Segway are developing an electrically powered, two-seat prototype vehicle that has only two wheels.
- GM Appoints Jon Lauckner Chief Technology Officer Feb. 22, 2012 - General Motors has named Jon Lauckner vice president and chief technology officer (CTO), effective April 1.
- GM Builds First Lithium-ion Battery for Chevrolet Volt GM manufactured the first advanced lithium-ion battery for a mass-marketed electric vehicle at GM's Brownstown Battery Pack Assembly Plant.
- GM China Begins Prototype Battery Cell Fabrication New capabilities will improve knowledge of available battery chemistries
- GM Connected Vehicle Development Enters Critical Phase General Motors will help drive a critical phase of vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) and vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) communications technology development by providing eight specially equipped vehicles for a year of real-world testing.
- GM Design: 85 Years of Making Art That Moves You Global, integrated design team is transforming transportation for next-gen customers
- GM Donates Chevrolet Volt to Colorado Conservation Trust Electric vehicle auction to benefit conservation projects
- GM Doubling Size of Most Technologically Advanced Automotive Battery Lab in the United States General Motors is doubling the size of the largest and most technologically advanced automotive battery lab in the U.S. to expedite the development of electrically driven vehicles for consumers.The $8-million investment will improve on-site testing of all current and new battery cell, module and pack technologies by enlarging the Global Battery Systems Lab on the GM Technical Center campus by 30,000 sq. ft. to 63,000 sq. ft.
- GM Earns Four More Wildlife Habitat Certifications General Motors and the environment: Automaker managing nearly 2,500 acres of wildlife habitat at facilities around the world
- GM Embraces Manufacturing Transformation with HP and Apriso at Chevrolet Volt Battery Assembly Operations HP Enterprise Services and Apriso® announced General Motors has selected HP to implement an Apriso solution to expand visibility into and control over battery manufacturing and supply chain operations.
- GM Invests $336 Million in Detroit-Hamtramck Plant to Build Chevrolet Volt DETROIT, Dec. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- General Motors will invest $336 million in the Detroit-Hamtramck assembly plant to begin production of the Chevrolet Volt electric car, with extended-range capabilities, in 2010. This brings GM's combined Volt-related investments in Michigan to $700 million,...
- GM is First Automaker to Sign ‘Climate Declaration’ DETROIT - May 1, 2013 - General Motors is the first automaker among 40 major U.S. companies to sign a “Climate Declaration,” collectively asserting that responding to climate change is good business. General Motors Co. is a member of the Electric Drive Transportation...
- GM makes the business case for zero waste General Motors blueprint summarizes waste-reduction strategies and global landfill-free program
- GM named top solar user in U.S. auto sector Research places GMamong top 20 commercial users of solar power.
- GM Plans 500,000 Vehicles with Electrification by 2017 eAssist will be on ‘hundreds of thousands’ of vehicles
- GM Recognized for Mitigating its Climate Impact DETROIT - April 19, 2013 - General Motors’ demonstrated commitment to reducing its carbon footprint and mitigating climate impact is being recognized by the nonprofit American Carbon Registry. General Motors Co. is a member of the Electric Drive Transportation Association...
- GM Reports Operational and Product Sustainability Progress GM CSR: Automaker highlights key initiatives in interim update to report
- GM U.S. car sales rise 29 percent in September Total sales up 1.5 percent
- GM U.S. Sales Increase 10 percent Volt posting best-ever monthly sales.
- GM U.S. Sales Increase 3 percent in November DETROIT – Dec. 3, 2012 – General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) today reported its highest November sales in the United States since 2007, with deliveries up 3 percent versus a year ago to 186,505 vehicles. Year-over-year sales to retail customers were essentially equal to a year ago...
- GM welding breakthrough enables more use of aluminum Increased use of lightweight metal can help improve fuel economy, performance
- GM, ABB Demonstrate Chevrolet Volt Battery Reuse Unit Electric car battery secondary use: World’s first use of electric vehicle batteries for energy storage nears grid testing
- Going Green on the Prairie: GE Opens First of Its Kind Test Center for Alternative Fuel Vehicles in Minnesota Debora Frodl knows something about hybrids. Frodl is the alternative fuels maven and chief strategy officer at GE Capital Fleet Services. Her clients are car and truck fleet operators. For some time now, they’ve been asking about hybrids, electric vehicles and car and trucks powered by alternatives to gas and diesel like compressed and liquefied natural gas. Which make should they buy and which fuel to use?
- Gold for sustainability: Siemens receives highest award from SAM Munich, Germany (June 15, 2012)- Siemens is a member of the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) www.electricdrive.org Siemens was named the most sustainable company in its industry at the SAM...
- Governor Brown Announces $120 Million Settlement to Fund Electric Car Charging Stations Across California Mar. 23, 2012 - Governor Edmund Brown Jr. announced a $120 million dollar settlement with NRG Energy Inc. that will fund the construction of a statewide network of charging stations for zero-emission vehicles (ZEVs), including at least 200 public fast-charging stations and another 10,000 plug-in units at 1,000 locations across the state.
- Governor Cuomo Announces Deployment of 325 Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Across New York State $4.4 Million Investment Creates New Jobs, Lowers Fossil Fuels, and Cuts Toxic Emissions
- Governor Cuomo Announces the Installation of Hundreds of Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Charge NY Initiative Reduces Fossil Fuel Use, Cuts Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Stimulates the Clean Economy New York - April 11, 2013 - Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced that more than 360 electric vehicle (EV) and plug-in hybrid charging stations will be installed across the...
- Governor Kitzhaber Praises Partnership Behind New State Capitol Charging Station Salem, OR - May 14, 2013 - Governor Kitzhaber today praised the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 280, Portland General Electric, Nissan, the Oregon-Pacific Cascade Chapter of the National Electrical Contractors Association, and ECOtality for their partnership to install...
- Governor Signs Legislation to Boost Electric Vehicle Usage in Illinois Laws Will Help Car-Sharing Organizations to Purchase Electric Vehicles; Explore Ways to Increase Electric Vehicles Usage
- Governor Signs Legislation to Boost Electric Vehicle Usage in Illinois Laws Will Help Car-Sharing Organizations to Purchase Electric Vehicles; Explore Ways to Increase Electric Vehicles Usage
- Governor Signs Legislation to Boost Electric Vehicle Usage in Illinois Laws Will Help Car-Sharing Organizations to Purchase Electric Vehicles; Explore Ways to Increase Electric Vehicles Usage
- Great Minds Think Electric The 26th annual Electric Vehicle Symposium in Los Angeles (EVS26) is a show completely dedicated to electric vehicles in the newest shapes, colors, and sizes. This year's event was the first time for both the Nissan LEAF and the Infiniti LE to sit side by side.
- Green Car Summit Coming to Capitol Hill The 2010 Green Car Summit will launch the first of the show's two Public Policy Days that unite policy makers with international media and industry leaders.
- Green Charge Networks
- Green for Free™ Vehicle Continues US West Coast Tour Feb 07, 2012 - Enova and Freightliner displaying the new GFF vehicle at dealerships and conferences along the US west coast
- Green Technology Patents Dominate GM 2009 Filings More than half of the 1,300 patents filed by General Motors Co. in 2009 are green innovations, proof of the rapid development of groundbreaking technology by GM researchers and engineers.
- GreenChoice® Subscribers Recognized for Commitment to Renewable Energy Austin Mayor Lee Leffingwell and the Austin City Council today (April 5) recognized subscribers to Austin Energy’s GreenChoice® program for their help in establishing the most successful voluntary green power program in the nation.
- GreenlightAC and DC Mayor Adrian M. Fenty Announce Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Installation at Vornado/Charles E. Smith Building in Washington, DC GreenlightAC, a DC-based electric vehicle charging station company, and District of Columbia Mayor Adrian M. Fenty are announcing the installation of GreenlightAC’s electric vehicle charging stations in the District.
- GridPoint to Provide Solutions for KCP&L's Smart Grid Demonstration Project The project is the recipient of American Recovery and Reinvestment Act funding. GridPoint worked with the utility to draft the proposal, which is part of $620 million allocated by the U.S. Department of Energy in support of smart grid demonstration projects.
- Gridwise Alliance The GridWise Alliance was founded in 2003 and advocates a vision of an electric system that integrates the infrastructure, processes, devices, information and market structure so that energy can be generated, distributed, and consumed more efficiently and cost effectively; thereby achieving a more resilient, secure and reliable energy system. Over the past four years the Alliance has advocated for change on both the national and state levels. Its members include utilities, IT companies, equipment vendors, new technology providers and educational institutions.
- Groundbreaking Research by VEIC Connects Transportation and Energy Efficiency Sectors March 14, 2013 - The Vermont Energy Investment Corporation (VEIC) has recently released three groundbreaking reports illustrating that principles long at work in the field of energy efficiency can help transform the transportation sector, and drastically reduce its impact on the environment....
- Groups to Coordinate Promotion of Natural Gas Hybrid-Electric Vehicles The American Public Gas Association (APGA),NGVAmerica, and Hybrid Kinetic Motors Corporation (HK Motors) announced today the formation of a strategic collaboration to promote the mass production and sales of natural gas-powered hybrid passenger vehicles. HK Motors plans to begin producing a family of light-duty natural gas hybrid-electric passenger vehicles at its plant in Alabama beginning in 2013. Natural gas hybrids will use similar electric-drive technology to gasoline-powered hybrid vehicles available today, only natural gas will be the power source rather than gasoline.
- Growing the Grid – Nissan Looks Back at Developing Highways, Fueling Stations and Similarities to Today FRANKLIN, Tenn. - March 8, 2013 - Charlie Yaeger is 97 years old. He has been driving for more than 80 years. He has driven everything from a Ford Model T to Nissan Maxima to a 1916 Baker Electric. Nissan is a member of the Electric Drive Transportation Association...
- Growing the Grid: EV Taxis Drive Infrastructure Transformation in Mexico, Latin America MEXICO CITY - May 2, 2013 - The fully electric Nissan LEAF has been zooming across the country of Mexico for months now. So far, only taxi drivers and government officials in Mexico City and in Aguascalientes are driving them. But soon those in Mexico who want to drive a 100 percent pure...
- GSA Orders $210 Million Worth of Fuel Efficient Vehicles The U.S. General Services Administration ordered 14,105 fuel efficient vehicles for the Federal fleet using $210 million of funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
- GSA Vehicle to Grid Announcement The Department of Defense (DOD) anticipates that it will be seeking sources capable of supplying goods and services for a Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) program for various DOD installations throughout the United States.
- H. Ravi Brar named new ECOtality CEO SAN FRANCISCO – Wednesday, September 12, 2012 – ECOtality, Inc. , a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, announced today that H. Ravi Brar will succeed Jonathan Read as the new president and chief executive officer of the company, effective today....
- Half Price Books Offers First ChargePoint Electric Vehicle Charging Station at a North Texas Retailer Half Price Books, the nation’s largest new and used bookstore chain, announced today it has installed a Coulomb Technologies ChargePoint® Networked Charging Station for electric vehicles at its Dallas Flagship store and corporate headquarters, located at 5803 E. Northwest Highway.
- Harman International and German utility company RWE are working together on the development of an infrastructure for electric cars Harman International and German utility company RWE are working closely together on the development of an infrastructure for electric cars.
- Hatch Calls on President to Protect U.S. Lead in Plug-in Hybrid Technology Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) called on President Obama to protect America’s leadership in plug-in hybrid technology as his administration moves forward to restructure the nation’s ailing auto industry.
- Head of Nissan's eMotor Production Pledges Zero Waste at Home and Work DECHERD, Tenn. – It isn't everyday that you find a 30-year-old engineer leading a first-of-its-kind sustainability project for one of the world's leading automotive brands. Coral Kanies, manager of electric motor production at Nissan, has a personal passion for...
- Hearst Magazines and Infiniti Partner for the Infiniti Moments of Inspiration at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance August 16 – 19: North American Debut of the Infiniti EMERG-E Concept and Cooking Demonstrations with Celebrity Chefs
- Heavy-Duty EV Manufacturer Proterra Gets $20 Million in Funding from MK Energy and Infrastructure Proterra Inc, a leading maker of clean commercial transit solutions including zero emission city buses, today announced $20 million in funding from cleantech investor, MK Energy and Infrastructure, LLC (MK E+I). The money will fund Proterra's efforts to provide cleaner and more economical public transportation options to transit agencies in the United States and internationally.
- Hertz And Nissan Launch Electric Vehicle Initiative In Milan, Italy Hertz Continues Its Leadership In Electric Vehicle Deployment
- Hertz Becomes First Car Rental Company To Introduce Mobile Wi-Fi Units In Australia LONDON, Nov. 5, 2012 -- The Hertz Corporation (NYSE: HTZ), the world's largest general use car rental brand, has introduced a portable Wi-Fi service in Australia in a first for the country's car rental industry. Hertz has introduced pocket-sized 3G units for rent to enable customers to...
- Hertz Italy Launches smart fortwo Electric Vehicle in Rome for Italo-NTV Train Customers Hertz and Italo-NTV partnership offers sustainable travel solution for Italy's capital city
- Hertz Launches Electric Car Club For Milton Keynes Hertz On Demand provides Nissan LEAF car share service for residents and visitors LONDON, January 15, 2013 - The Hertz Corporation (NYSE:HTZ) has signed an all-electric car sharing partnership with Milton Keynes Council. Through the free-to-join Hertz On Demand car sharing club, local...
- Hertz Launches Global Sustainability Strategy Feb 7, 2012 - "Living Journey" represents Hertz's vision to integrate sustainability throughout its global operations
- Hertz On Demand Brings Leading-Edge Car Sharing To Sydney, Australia Car sharing in Australia:
- Hertz On Demand Introduces Electric Vehicles To Its University Of Connecticut Fleet Park Ridge, NJ, January 30, 2013 - Hertz On Demand, The Hertz Corporation's (NYSE: HTZ) global hourly car rental program announced the addition of a Chevrolet Volt electric vehicle to the University of Connecticut's car sharing program today. Hertz is a member of the...
- Hillsboro, OR announces plans for Coulomb charging station infrastructure Coulomb Technologies announced that the City of Hillsboro is the first in the State of Oregon to announce plans to deploy ChargePoint™ Networked Charging Stations for plug-in and electric vehicles. The 16 charging stations will be installed in downtown Hillsboro including their new “green” intermodal transit facility to be built in 2009.
- Historic Triumph: Audi Achieves First Victory of a Hybrid Vehicle at Le Mans Historic triumph: Audi achieves first victory of a hybrid vehicle at Le Mans
- Home Is Where the Hybrid Is: KB Home Features Ford’s MyEnergi Lifestyle DEARBORN, Mich. & SAN DIEGO - April 19, 2013 - Ford Motor Company and KB Home (NYSE: KBH) today announce that products from the Ford-led initiative MyEnergi Lifestyle® will be featured in the homebuilder’s ZeroHouse 2.0 model home in San Marcos, Calif., and potentially in additional KB...
- Honda 'Personal-Neo Urban Transport' Concept Demonstrates Potential for Ultra-compact City-focused Vehicle The Honda Personal-Neo Urban Transport (P-NUT) design study model demonstrates a futuristic concept for an ultra-compact and sophisticated city coupe.
- Honda Announces Leviton as Preferred Electric Vehicle Charging Solution American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today announced that Leviton Manufacturing Company, the global leader in connectivity solutions, has been selected as Honda's preferred Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment provider for customer and dealer EV charging.
- Honda Begins Lease Sales of Fit EV in Japan TOKYO, Japan, August 31, 2012 - Honda Motor Co., Ltd. today began lease sales of the Fit EV to local governments and businesses in Japan. The Fit EV, comprehensively pursuing the potential of electric vehicles, origins back to the EV Plus that was introduced in...
- Honda Builds 1 Millionth Automobile for Export From U.S. Auto manufacturing in the U.S.: Honda Will Become "Net Exporter" from North America in Two Years
- Honda Commemorates 50 Years of Innovation in America "On behalf of the tens of thousands of Honda associates in America, past and present, we offer our deepest thanks to our customers for placing their trust in Honda over the past 50 years," said American Honda President & CEO Tetsuo Iwamura. "Today, in the face of new challenges, including the preservation of our environment, we renew our commitment to exceed the expectations of our customers and society."
- Honda CR-Z Concept 2009 Makes World Debut at the Tokyo Motor Show While the vehicle displayed at the show is a global concept with a rear seat, the production version that will be introduced to North America in the second half of 2010 will be packaged as a sporty, 2-seat hybrid that provides a personal driving experience for North American customers.
- Honda Delivers 2013 Fit EV to Google and Stanford University Feb 8, 2012 - Honda recently delivered 2013 Fit EV battery-electric vehicles to Google Inc. and Stanford University as a part of the Honda Electric Vehicle Demonstration Program.
- Honda Delivers FCX Clarity Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle to 2010 Canadian Olympic Hockey Team Captain Scott Niedermayer American Honda Motor Co., Inc., delivered a zero emissions hydrogen-powered FCX Clarity fuel cell electric vehicle today to its latest customer, 2010 Canadian Olympic hockey team captain, Scott Niedermayer.
- Honda Delivers First Fit EV to California Couple American Honda Motor Co., Inc., delivered the first all-electric 2013 Honda Fit EV to a couple in Southern California, the company announced today.
- Honda demonstrates car and motorcycle intelligent communication at ITS World Congress 2012, in Vienna Safety, environment and comfort benefits of Honda's approach to Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS)
- Honda Develops New Lightweight and Compact Hybrid System Named "SPORT HYBRID Intelligent Dual Clutch Drive" Honda hybrid systems: Three Different Honda SPORT HYBRID Systems Accommodate Different Vehicle Characteristics
- Honda Develops New Technology to Join Steel and Aluminum with World's First Application to the Door Panel of Mass Production Vehicles To reduce vehicle weight to improve fuel economy and dynamic performance TOKYO, Japan - February 18, 2013 - Honda Motor Co., Ltd. today announced that it has newly developed a technology to join steel and aluminum and applied it to enable adoption of aluminum for an outer door panel, which...
- Honda Expands Fit EV Leasing to Select East Coast Markets The EPA-rated 118 MPGe Fit EV will be available in seven states and on both coasts February 12, 2013 - The all-electric 2013 Honda Fit EV, first launched in California and Oregon in July 2012, is coming to select East Coast markets later this month, American Honda announced today. The Fit...
- Honda Launches Corporate Social Responsibility Statement for North America and Accompanying Website In an ongoing effort to be "a company that society wants to exist," American Honda Motor Co, Inc . today announced its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Statement for North America and the launch of a complementary Corporate Social Responsibility website...
- Honda Leads Industry with Four Vehicles Eligible for California Carpool Lane Access March 20, 2013 - Honda offers four vehicles eligible for single-occupant access to California's high-occupancy vehicle (HOV) 'carpool' lanes, the most of any full line automaker. The Accord Plug-In Hybrid, the Civic Natural Gas , the Fit EV all-electric vehicle and FCX Clarity...
- Honda Marks 30 Years of U.S. Auto Production with Continued Investment in Automobile and Powertrain Operations New $200 Million Powertrain Investment Will Create 200 Jobs
- Honda North America, Inc Honda is continuing its industry-leading efforts to address the environmental challenges of global climate change, emissions reduction, and energy sustainability through a comprehensive approach that involves further improvements to gasoline engine fuel efficiency; the development of real-world alternatives to gasoline, including natural gas and the hydrogen-powered fuel cell car; and technology for refueling alternative fuel vehicles. Additionally, Honda is pursuing advances in technology related to energy systems such as solar cells, electrical co-generation, and the efficient creation of renewable bio-fuels as part of its effort to develop real world solutions to environmental challenges.
- Honda R&D creating new value in the U.S. Honda R&D Americas, Inc. (HRA) is responsible for creating advanced products and technologies that provide new value to Honda and Acura customers. HRA has the capability of "complete product creation" – developing all-new products, starting from market and technology research and...
- Honda Reaches 300,000 Units in Cumulative Global Sales of Hybrid Vehicles Honda Motor Co., Ltd. announced that global sales of Honda hybrid vehicles passed the 300,000-unit mark on a cumulative basis at the end of January 2009, since the introduction of the first-generation Insight in November 1999.
- Honda Releases "Every Drop Counts," the Second in a Series of Environmental Film Shorts American Honda today released "Every Drop Counts," the second in a series of short films on the initiatives of Honda associates to fulfill the company's vision for reducing Honda's environmental impact and creating a more sustainable business. Watch film now. The new film highlights a project...
- Honda Smart Home to Demonstrate Zero-Carbon Living and Mobility at the University of California, Davis "Zero Net Energy" concept home will efficiently generate and manage renewable energy; Solar power will charge Honda Fit EV April 24, 2013 - American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today announced its plan to create the Honda Smart Home US, a showcase for environmental innovation and...
- Honda to Begin Reuse of Rare Earth Metals Extracted from Used Nickel-metal Hydride Batteries before the End of 2012 Honda Motor Co., Ltd., which has been extracting rare earth metals from used nickel-metal hydride batteries at the plant of Japan Metals & Chemicals Co., Ltd. from April of this year, today announced plans to begin reusing the extracted metals before the end of 2012.
- Honda to Build New 2014 Accord Hybrid in U.S. Auto Plant in Marysville Will Expand, Add 50 Jobs January 10, 2013 - Honda of America Mfg., Inc. announced today that it will invest $23 million and hire approximately 50 new associates at its Marysville, Ohio auto plant to add production of the new two-motor Accord Hybrid Sedan, scheduled...
- Honda Unveils Micro-sized Electric Vehicle Honda small commuter electric car; Honda Variable Design Platform; Demonstration Testing Begins in 2013 Using Vehicles that Adopt the "Variable Design Platform"
- Honda Vehicle Earns #1 Ranking on ACEEE’s “Greenest Vehicles of 2010” List for the Tenth Year in a Row In the annual ACEEE’s “Green Book® Online” ranking of environmentally responsible vehicles, the near-zero emissions natural gas-powered Civic GX ranked first with the Civic Hybrid, Insight and Fit joining the list on the ACEEE’s 12 most environmentally responsible vehicles available to the public.
- Honda's Environmental Technology Nov. 30, 2012 -- Based on its vision of "Blue Skies for our Children," Honda is working to help advance technologies that can help address society's environmental and energy concerns. Honda is taking a comprehensive 'portfolio' approach that involves both advanced powertrain and...
- Honda's Indiana Plant to Boost Production Capacity; Add Civic Hybrid Honda Manufacturing of Indiana, LLC (HMIN) announced today that it is investing $40 million to increase annual production capacity by 50,000 units to a total of 250,000 vehicles.
- Honeywell Secures $27.3 Million Grant From U.S. Department of Energy to Produce Critical Battery Material Honeywell announced today that it has signed a contract with the U.S. Department of Energy for a $27.3 million grant to produce a critical component of lithium-ion batteries used in hybrid and electric vehicles.
- House Passes Bill to Encourage Hybrid Trucks “Hopefully we can get some movement on this measure this time around,” said Paul Tonko , D-N.Y. “By enhancing the Department of Energy’s research program in heavy duty hybrid trucks, this bill draws much-needed focus to a very critical component of the transportation sector — that being commercial trucks.”
- House Passes Historic Waxman-Markey Clean Energy Bill The House of Representatives passed the landmark American Clean Energy and Security Act, sponsored by Rep. Henry A. Waxman, Chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, and Rep. Edward J. Markey, Chairman of the House Select Committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming.
- Houston’s Central Parking Installs Coulomb ChargePoint Networked Charging Stations for Electric Vehicles in Downtown Parking Garage Locations Coulomb Technologies today announced that six ChargePoint® Networked Charging Stations for electric vehicles are now installed at six Central Parking Systems parking garages in downtown Houston.
How Do I Join EDTA ?
Step 1: What category does my company fall under?
Non-Profit/Government Agency - $1,500 and proof of the organization's tax-exempt status, if applicable. Non-profit members may not participate on EDTA committees.
Small Business - $5,000-- A small business is defined as having less than 100 employees and under $10,000,000 in revenues (all financial data will be confidential).
General Member - $8,000-- A general member has over 100 employees and more than $10,000,000 in revenues.
Board Member - $35,000
New Member Application1.doc
Step 3: Fax your form to EDTA at 202-408-7610 and submit payment.
Step 4: Start benefiting from being a member of EDTA today!
- How Do I Join EDTA? Step 1: What category does my company fall under? Non-Profit/Government Agency - $1,500 and proof of the organization's tax-exempt status, if applicable. Non-profit members may not participate on EDTA committees. Small Business - $5,000-- A small business is defined as having...
- How much is your charge charging you? Show the cost of Chevrolet Volt charging with OnStar’s new EcoHub connected app
- HR 1 Side-by-Side House and Senate provisions for electric drive, and the final provisions in HR1.
- Hybrid Bus Fleet for Münster's Public Transport Service Münster in Westphalia, which, since 2004, can boast the title of the world's most liveable city, officially inaugurated its first hybrid bus line on 27 August 2012.
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle Battery - Sep-2011 US Department Of Energy Hybrid Electric Vehicle Battery And Fuel Economy Testing, U.S. Department of Energy - September, 2005
Hybrid Electric Vehicles
A hybrid electric vehicle uses both an electric motor and an internal combustion engine or microturbine to propel the vehicle. A hybrid is designed to capture energy that is normally lost through braking and coasting to recharge the batteries (regenerative braking), which in turn powers the electric motor.
A 'parallel' hybrid electric vehicle uses the electric motor and/or the internal combustion engine or microturbine to propel the vehicle. A 'series' hybrid electric vehicle uses the electric motor to provide added power to the internal combustion engine or microturbine. Hybrid electric vehicles have the potential to use electricity to power onboard accessories or to provide outlets to plug in appliances or tools. All have the potential to achieve greater fuel economy than conventional gasoline-engine vehicles.
Hybrids cars, trucks and buses on the road today are providing consumers the benefits of:
-Reduced fuel consumption and tailpipe emissions
-Optimized fuel efficiency and performance
-Lower fueling costs
-Recovered energy from regenerative braking
-Uses existing gas station infrastructure
- Hybrid Models Have Lower - 17-Nov-2011 Hybrid Models Have Lower Injury Odds Than Their Conventional Counterparts, Highway Loss Data Institute - November 17, 2011
- Hybrid Sales Figures
- Hybrid Vehicle Sales Information 2010 Hybrid Electric Passenger Vehicle Sales (through July, except where noted otherwise) Ford: 35,691 (through December) Includes: Ford Fusion hybrid, Ford Escape hybrid, Mercury Milan hybrid, Mercury Mariner hybrid, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Honda: 16,632 Includes:...
- Hydro-Quebec Hydro-Québec generates, transmits and distributes electricity. The company’s total installed capacity is 35,315 MW and 97% of its power is generated from water. The government-owned corporation also operates an extensive transmission system with over 32,000 km of lines. It supplies electricity to more than three million customers throughout Québec. Hydro-Québec is known worldwide for its expertise in high-voltage transmission and hydroelectric generation.
- Hydro-Quebec and Mitsubishi to launch the largest electric vehicle trial in Canada - up to 50 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric vehicles to be tested in Boucherville In collaboration with the City of Boucherville, Hydro-Quebec will test the performance of up to 50 all-electric Mitsubishi i-MiEVs on the road under a variety of circumstances, notably winter conditions.
- Hydro-Québec and Plug'nDrive Ontario work towards implementing a Québec-Ontario public charging infrastructure MONTREAL, Sept. 14, 2012 /CNW Telbec/ - Hydro-Québec and Plug'nDrive Ontario are pleased to announce a joint working group to plan the roll-out of an electric vehicle (EV) public charging infrastructure between Québec and Ontario, to offer cross-border charging stations. ...
- Hydro-Québec and Plug’n Drive are working towards implementing the first public charging infrastructure in the Ottawa-Gatineau region A new phase in The Electric Circuit partnership
- Hydro-Québec launches experimental project on plug-in vehicles and the power system Hydro-Québec’s research institute, IREQ, is proud to team up with B3CG Interconnect, based in Saint-Eustache, and its partners to test vehicle-to-grid and vehicle-to-home power exchanges.
- Hydro-Québec launches experimental project on plug-in vehicles and the power grid (V2G-V2H) GRIDbot Canada selected to build an advanced bidirectional charging station
- Hydro-Québec, in collaboration with the French National Research Centre (CNRS-France), license Bathium Canada to use lithium iron phosphate in manufacture of lithium-metal-polymer batteries Hydro-Québec (Montréal, Canada) and CNRS (France) today announced the signing of a licensing agreement with Bathium Canada (Montréal, Canada), a subsidiary of the Bolloré industrial group (France), for the use of patents related to lithium iron phosphate in the manufacture of lithium-metal-polymer (LMP®) solid-electrolyte batteries.
- Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Program Presents 2012 Annual Merit Review Awards The U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE’s) Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Program presented its annual awards at the 2012 DOE Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Program and Vehicle Technologies Program Annual Merit Review and Peer Evaluation Meeting on May 16, 2012.
- Hyundai Invites Consumers to Petition for Fuel Efficiency Month America's Most Fuel-Efficient Car Company Launches Campaign for Official Recognition of Fuel Economy Awareness
- Hyundai Motor America Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Fountain Valley, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through more than 800 dealerships nationwide. All Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S. are covered by the Hyundai Assurance program, which includes the 5-year/60,000-mile fully transferable new vehicle warranty, Hyundai’s 10-year/100,000-mile power train warranty, 5-years of complimentary Roadside Assistance and the Hyundai Trade-in Value Guarantee. For more details on Hyundai Assurance, please visit www.HyundaiAssurance.com.
- Hyundai provides zero-emissions hydrogen fuel cell ix35 to municipality of Copenhagen 15 Vehicles to be delivered in spring 2013; Toward a carbon-free Danish capital by 2025
- Hyundai reveals three world premieres at Paris Motor Show Hyundai ix35 Fuel Cell ready for public & private fleets
- IBM, Honda, and PG&E Enable Smarter Charging for Electric Vehicles IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it has teamed with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. and Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) on a new pilot project that will allow communication between electric vehicles (EVs) and the power grid.
- Idea platform for electric mobility e performance research project developed platform for electric cars; Close collaboration with experts from academia and industry; High-voltage battery as focal point of the project.
- IDTechEx IDTechEx is a knowledge based company specializing in electric vehicles, printed electronics, energy harvesting, RFID and photovoltaics. The company gives strictly independent marketing, technical and business advice and services on these subjects. It is in three forms consultancy, publications and conferences. Staff travel intensively, visiting many conferences, universities and companies to learn and interpret the latest information. Indeed, IDTechEx is unusually international in its reach, with offices in the US, UK and Germany. In addition, they host the online news portal, which offers free daily updates on the latest industry developments covering electric vehicles and the enabling technologies.
- IEEE Members Globally Work on the Development of Intelligent, Vehicular Transport Systems for Smarter, Safer Travel IEEE, the world's largest technical professional association, and its members are advancing the way technology is deployed in mass transit and road traffic computing and communications systems. By incorporating new security, wireless, sensor, robotics and other technologies into intelligent transport systems, IEEE is enabling a smarter, safer consumer travel experience.
- IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) Collaborating With SAE International and German Institute For Standardization (DIN) On Electromobility Piscataway, NJ, USA, January 17, 2013 - IEEE, the world's largest professional organization advancing technology for humanity, today announced that the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) is collaborating with DIN (Deutsches Institut für Normung e. V.), the German Institute for...
- IEEE Standards Association to Exhibit at 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show and Highlight Enabling Consumer Connectivity Through Consensus Building Piscataway, NJ - January 3, 2013 - The IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) today announced that it is exhibiting at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, 8-11 January 2013. By showcasing several of its standards, and standards-development projects in...
- Impact of Battery Weight and Charging Patterns, Energy Policy - February 24, 2009 Impact of Battery Weight and Charging Patterns, Energy Policy - February 24, 2009
- Impacts Assessment of PHEVs Part 1, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory - November 2007 Impacts Assessment of PHEVs: Part 1, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory - November 2007
- In Joint Pledge, Utilities Ramp Up Efforts to Make Electricity a Crucial Transportation Fuel Declaring an urgent imperative to prepare for the use of electricity as a crucial transportation fuel in the future, the nation’s electric utilities collectively pledged to move forward aggressively to create the infrastructure to support the full-scale commercialization and deployment of plug-in electric vehicles (PEVs).
- Incentives and Federal Grants to Propel the Adoption of Hybrid Commercial Vehicles in North America and Europe, Finds Frost & Sullivan The hybrid commercial vehicles market in North America and Europe is fuelled by the benefits hybrids offer over conventional vehicles. Better fuel efficiency, lower emissions and fewer maintenance costs are all highly desirable features, especially in sprawling mega cities and increasingly congested urban clusters. In the short-term, incentives and federal grants are expected to propel the adoption of hybrids.
- Incentives to Speed Innovation Note from the editor: This post was initially published as a National Journal Energy Experts Response on June 27 As Congress looks to reform tax policy, they should also recognize the value of targeted, time-limited and performance-based incentives in speeding innovation that serves our...
- Increasing Electric Vehicle Charging Access in Multi-Unit Dwellings in Los Angeles View Article Here
- Increasing Electric Vehicle Charging Access in Multi-Unit Dwellings in Los Angeles – UCLA Luskin Center for Innovation - Jul-2012 Increasing Electric Vehicle Charging Access in Multi-Unit Dwellings in Los Angeles, UCLA Luskin Center for Innovation , Jul. 2012
- Infiniti Emerg-e Concept Makes North American Debut at 2012 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance Inspired 402-HP Range-Extended Electric Sports Car Concept Shares Stage with Infiniti LE Concept, Red Bull Racing F1 Showcar and New IPL G Convertible
- Infiniti EMERG-E Scores Another First Infiniti Emerg-e, the brand's first range-extended, mid-engined electric sports car concept, has won a prestigious award from the German Design Council.
- Infiniti Emerge-E: An Electrifying New Take on the Sports Car Mar. 6, 2012 - The INFINITI EMERG-E Concept, which makes its debut at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show, is a highly advanced, mid-ship sports car that provides an exciting glimpse into Infiniti’s future.
- Infiniti LE Concept Zero Emission Luxury Sedan Makes World Debut at New York International Auto Show Infiniti today unveiled its dramatic new Infiniti LE Concept, a near-production version of the performance luxury brand's first zero emission luxury sedan.
- INFOGRAPHIC: Nissan LEAF Celebrates More Than 100 Million Gas-Free Miles How many Nissan LEAF sold, and how many miles driven? 37,000 Nissan LEAF owners have driven more than 100 million gas-free miles since the vehicle’s launch in December 2010.
- Innovation in EVs: What's new in vehicles, batteries and charging Innovation in EVs: What's new in vehicles, batteries and charging
- Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers USA IEEE-USA is an organizational unit of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. created in 1973 to support the career and public policy interests of IEEE's U.S. members. IEEE-USA is primarily supported by an annual assessment paid by U.S. IEEE members. IEEE-USA's mission as outlined in the IEEE Bylaws is to recommend policies and implement programs specifically intended to serve and benefit the members, the profession, and the public in the United States in appropriate professional areas of economic, ethical, legislative, social and technology policy concern. Our vision is to serve the IEEE U.S. member by being the technical professional's best resource for achieving life long career vitality and by providing an effective voice on policies that promote U.S. prosperity.
- Intelligent Transport How Cities can Improve Mobility, IBM - June 2009 Intelligent Transport: How Cities can Improve Mobility, IBM - June 2009
- International car manufacturers join forces in the name of hydrogen! Stuttgart, Sep 12, 2012 - September 13 marks an extraordinary milestone in the history of Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEV). Four international car manufacturers will join forces to demonstrate hydrogen-powered FCEVs are not just technologies of the future but of today. A total of 7 FCEVs...
- International Electric Vehicle Symposium Charges into Los Angeles in May 2012 Dec. 12, 2011 - Experience the World’s Newest Electric Vehicles with Ride, Drive and Charge
- International Light Transportation Vehicle Association International Light Transportation Vehicle Association, ("ILTVA"), is a Georgia nonprofit corporation and 501(c)(6) national trade association comprised of the leading golf car and personal transport vehicle (PTV) manufacturers. ILTVA sponsors the development and maintenance of ANSI sanctioned standards to establish safety specifications for the design and operation of golf cars and PTVs driven by electric motors and internal combustion engines for golf cars.
- International roadshow with the Golf blue-e-motion The Volkswagen roadshow passes through nine countries, with 24 Golf blue-e-motion vehicles in tow that are designed to prepare various customer groups for the electric mobility world of tomorrow.
- Intertek Intertek is the global leader in Electric Vehicle testing and certification. They are a single-source global testing partner for EV charging stations, protection circuits, service disconnects, cordsets, plugs, ancillary components and batteries. Intertek provides evaluations for performance, electrical product safety (ETL Mark), interoperability, fit for use, component selection and more. Intertek goes beyond testing, inspecting and certifying products; they help customers improve performance, gain efficiencies in manufacturing and logistics, overcome market constraints, and reduce risk. They have earned a reputation for helping their customers increase the value of their products, gain competitive advantage, and develop trusted brands. Intertek is the industry leader with more than 26,000 people in 1,000 locations in over 100 countries. Whether your business is local or global, they can ensure your products meet quality, health, environmental, safety, and social accountability standards for virtually any market around the world. They hold extensive global accreditation, recognitions, and agreements, and their knowledge of and expertise in overcoming regulatory, market, and supply chain hurdles is unrivaled.
- Intertek conducts exhaust emission testing on prototype engine for the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission Intertek research demonstrates technology that can reduce carbon monoxide from a generator
- Intertek offers testing for environmental influences on Lithium-Ion Batteries (Li-Ion) and battery management systems for electric vehicles Intertek, a leading provider of quality and safety solutions serving a wide range of industries around the world, today announces the expansion of its service portfolio through a new E-Mobility testing laboratory at its Kaufbeuren (Germany) location.
- Introducing Next Generation Steering YOKOHAMA, Japan – Oct. 25, 2012 – A conventional steering system directs tire movements by transmitting steering inputs to the tires via a mechanical link. Nissan Motor Co.'s next-generation steering technology, unveiled at its Advanced Technology Briefing last week, reads the...
- Introducing the All-Electric CODA LOS ANGELES, September 11, 2012 - Just four years ago, CODA Automotive opened its first U.S. facility at the Santa Monica airport in Southern California with an ambitious yet pragmatic plan to design, manufacture and sell pure-electric, zero-emission cars in America. Driven by a desire to...
- Investing in U.S. fueling infrastructure Washington, DC—September 12, 2011— Policies to advance energy innovation can play a critical role in jump-starting the economy. In particular, the electric drive industry can provide a variety of economic benefits, not only in expanding clean energy jobs and domestic manufacturing, but also...
- Investments in electric drive delivering dividends for consumers, the industry and the economy July 15, 2010 -- Federal programs and funding that EDTA and its members worked to secure are already jump starting the industry, driving down costs and delivering jobs. In a report released today by the Department of Energy, the investments made during the Recovery Act of 2009 are producing...
- Invitation to Architect of the Capitol Spring Environmental and Energy Showcase General Motors is inviting Members of the House and Senate, congressional staff and others test-drive the 2012 Chevrolet Volt on April 25, 2012 in Washington, DC
- Iraq Veteran Joins Growing Army of Chevrolet Volt Owners Mar. 16, 2012 - Bob Tanner isn’t the kind of guy who’d revel in someone else’s pain. But as fuel prices soar across the country, Tanner admits it feels good to pocket an extra $200 a month while his friends helplessly watch their fuel bills soar.
- It’s Electric: First 100 Days of car2go Service in Portland - Brings in 6,000 Members and 30 New Emissions-Free Cars car2go North America, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Daimler North America Corporation, announced today it has registered more than 6,000 new members for its carsharing service within the first 100 days of operations in Portland, Oregon.
- Japan's Island Paradise Expands EV Role in Eco-tourism Feb. 20, 2012 - The name Okinawa means “rope in the open sea,” and the island archipelago in southern Japan offers tropical beauty that lassos in more than 5 million tourists annually.
- Joe Dalum Named the President of the Green Truck Association Looks Forward to Serving the GTA in This Important Time of Green Technology Growth Waukesha, WI, - March 13, 2013 - Joe Dalum, President and Chief Executive Officer of Waukesha based Odyne Systems, LLC, a leading manufacturer of hybrid systems for medium and heavy duty...
- John Anderson Joins CODA Automotive as Vice President of Aftersales and Customer Quality Experience Feb. 22, 2012 - CODA Holdings, a leading developer of all-electric vehicles and advanced battery systems, today announced automotive professional John Anderson as its vice president of aftersales and customer quality experience for CODA Automotive.
- Johnson Controls Air Permit for Battery Recycling Center in Florence, S.C. Becomes Effective This is the first air permit for a new, fully-integrated battery recycling facility issued in the United States in nearly 20 years.
- Johnson Controls celebrates World Environment Day by providing free energy efficiency tools New report and tool kit assists all countries in doubling the rate of energy efficiency improvement by 2030
- Johnson Controls donates plug-in electric and all-electric vehicles to MPS automotive program Pulaski High School now believed to be first in the nation with these classroom tools
- Johnson Controls exceeds 18 million AGM batteries Technology helps to establish European Start-Stop vehicle market with U.S. adoption on the way DETROIT, January 14, 2013 - Johnson Controls, Inc., today announced it has sold more than 18 million Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) batteries since the technology launched in 2001, topping 4.5 million...
- Johnson Controls globally recognized by Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes Johnson Controls is one of a few select companies in the auto parts sector lauded for its sustainability efforts by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- Johnson Controls Inc. Joins Ford Transit Connect Electric Lead Customer Program with 20 unit order Azure Dynamics confirmed today that Johnson Controls, Inc. will participate in the Ford Transit Connect Electric Lead customer program.
- Johnson Controls leader named as top 10 automotive parts manager in China SHANGHAI – April 22, 2013 – A leader at Johnson Controls, the world’s leading supplier of automotive batteries, has earned one of the top automotive parts manager awards in China. Johnson Controls is a member of the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA)...
- Johnson Controls named 2012 Chrysler Supplier of the Year for Diversity Supplier Development Automotive supplier recognized for its top-performing efforts
- Johnson Controls opens automotive battery recycling facility in Florence, South Carolina Johnson Controls Florence Recycling Center opens on schedule with strong community support
- Johnson Controls presents next-generation energy storage solutions Feb. 23, 2012 - Johnson Controls Power Solutions breathes life into hybrid and electric powertrains.
- Johnson Controls Research Confirms Consumers Want a Connected Car New study indicates connectivity and safety features top list in consumer preference Las Vegas, January 8, 2013 - Vehicle owners 1 responding to a recent online survey conducted for Johnson Controls by Harris Interactive indicate they want to use their phones and existing apps to safely...
- Johnson Controls responds to President Obama's State of the Union Address MILWAUKEE, February 13, 2013 -- Johnson Controls, a global leader in delivering solutions that increase energy efficiency in buildings, issued the following statement today from Dave Myers, president, Johnson Controls Building Efficiency responding to President Obama's State of the Union...
- Johnson Controls Showcases next-generation products at 2013 North American International Auto Show The latest in seating, electronics, interior and battery innovations debut in Detroit Detroit, MI - January 9, 2013 - Johnson Controls, a global diversified company in the automotive and building industries, will showcase its latest seating, electronics, interior and battery products at...
- Johnson Controls to unveil Micro Hybrid battery demonstration module at North American International Auto Show DETROIT, January 10, 2013 - Johnson Controls, Inc., the world's leading supplier of automotive batteries, will introduce its 48 volt Micro Hybrid battery demonstration module as part of its full spectrum of advanced energy storage solutions for automobiles. Power Solutions President Alex...
- Johnson Controls withdraws from A123 Systems bankruptcy auction MILWAUKEE, Dec. 9, 2012 -- Johnson Controls officially withdrew from the bankruptcy auction to acquire portions of A123 Systems when it declined to match a higher bid submitted by Wanxiang. Subsequently A123 representatives have announced they selected Wanxiang's bid of $257 million...
- Johnson Controls, Inc. Johnson Controls is a global leader in automotive experience, building efficiency and power solutions. The company provides innovative automotive interiors that help make driving more comfortable, safe and enjoyable. For buildings, it offers products and services that optimize energy use and improve comfort and security. Johnson Controls also provides batteries for automobiles and hybrid-electric vehicles, along with systems engineering and service expertise. Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI - News) has 136,000 employees in more than 1,000 locations serving customers in 125 countries. Founded in 1885, the company is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Johnson Controls-Saft Announces Plan to Build Lithium-ion Hybrid Battery Plant in Michigan Johnson Controls-Saft plans to build its first U.S. cell manufacturing facility for lithium-ion hybrid batteries. Subject to final State and local incentives, the company will use an existing Johnson Controls facility at its Meadowbrook 48th Street site in Holland, Michigan.
- Joint Letter to President Obama Urging PEV Taskforce On July 20, 2010, the Electric Drive Transportation Association, joined by the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers, the Association of International Automobile Manufacturers and the Edison Electric Institute, sent a letter encouraging President Obama to create a plug-in electric...
- K2 Energy Solutions Joins with European Batteries to Construct Europe's Most Advanced Rechargeable Battery Factory Henderson, Nevada--May 13, 2009--K2 Energy Solutions (K2), a manufacturer of rechargeable battery systems for electric vehicles, mobility devices, power tools, electronics, and energy storage applications, has announced the construction of a highly advanced lithium-ion battery factory in...
- KBB.com: Ford Focus Electric, C-MAX Energi, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid are Best Green Cars April 18, 2013 - Ford Focus Electric, C-MAX Energi and Lincoln MKZ Hybrid were named to the KBB.com list of 10 Best Green Cars of 2013. Kelley Blue Book editors chose the vehicles for being environmentally friendly and for providing commentary and mileage information. Focus Electric, C-MAX...
- KELLEY BLUE BOOK’S KBB.COM NAMES THE VOLKSWAGEN JETTA TURBO HYBRID A TOP TEN GREEN CAR Herndon, VA - April 18, 2013 - Coinciding with Earth Day, the Jetta Hybrid has been named by Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com as one of its 10 Best Green Cars of 2013. Each year, the expert editors at KBB.com choose 10 vehicles for “eco-friendly drivers in the market for a new car ”who...
- Kenworth Receives Major Hybrid Tractor and Truck Order From Coca-Cola Enterprises The order from Coca-Cola Enterprises, the world's largest manufacturer and distributor of Coca-Cola products, is for 150 Kenworth T370 diesel-electric tractors and 35 Kenworth T370 hybrid trucks, all of which will be on the road this year.
- Key technology for key buses – hybrid makes its mark in Offenburg city center Two Citaro G BlueTec Hybrid buses go to Offenburg; Added comfort with transmission-free four-wheel drive; Electric, emission-free and virtually noiseless over urban routes of up to 10 km in length; Hybrid drive makes electric driving in the pedestrian zone possible
- Kia - looking to the future Development of alternative-fuel powertrains Hybrid and FCEV vehicles are main focus for company Real-world testing taking place in Korea It used to be said that the only certainties in life are death and taxes, but there is...
- Kia Motors America to Debut "Ray" Plug-in Hybrid Concept in Chicago * Kia Ray features aerodynamic design, innovative technology and plug-in hybrid capabilities * Kia Ray utilizes roof top "cool-glazing" solar glass and a has a range of up to 746 miles CHICAGO, February 10, 2010 /PRNewswire/ — Kia Motors America...
- Kicking hybrids out of carpool lanes backfires, slowing traffic for all Oct. 11, 2011 - Ending free access to carpool lanes by solo drivers of hybrid cars has unintentionally slowed traffic in all lanes
- King County King County has the largest fleet of hybrid electric vehicles in the Pacific Northwest, and the largest transit hybrid electric bus fleet in the nation.
- KleenSpeed® Electric Race Car Sets New Record, Powered by UQM UQM Technologies, Inc. congratulates KleenSpeed® Technologies on setting a new EV lap record at ReFuel 2012.
- Kohl, Hatch Introduce Bill to Further Energy Efficient Trucks Senator Herb Kohl (D-WI) and Senator Orrin Hatch (R-UT) introduced legislation that would provide tax credits for purchasers of hybrid and plug-in hybrid heavy duty trucks.
- Leaders, Experts from Electric Drive Supply Chain to Gather at EDTA Conference
- Leo Motors Invents EV Range Extender Using Zinc Leo Motors, Inc. announced today that it has received official government test results on its Zinc Air Fuel Cell Generator (ZAFCG). Leo has developed a way to extract more electricity from zinc, and was able to get up to 20% more electricity than had previously been achieved.
- Letter of Support for Consumer Credits for Plug-in Electric Drive Vehicles EDTA sent the attached letter to Senate Finance, Ways and Means, House and Senate Appropriations Chairs and Ranking Members, and to Majority Leader Reid and Speaker Pelosi. Download both versions of the letter as a Word file here: EDTA letter to House Ways _ Means 5.9.08.doc...
- Level 1 Charge Vs. Level 2 Charge with ClipperCreek LCS-25 May 16, 2013 - We are often asked how long it takes to charge a plug in vehicle at Level 2 charging (208/240V) versus Level 1 charging (120V). Here is the answer! The chart below lists a variety of different types of battery electric vehicles and plug-in hybrid vehicles along with...
- Leviton Announces Residential Charging Stations for Electric Vehicle Market Leviton announced, today, its entry into the Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) market with a full portfolio of residential charging products. The Leviton Evr-Green™ line of EVSEs includes Level 1 and Level 2 residential charging stations.
- Leviton Launches Next Generation Electric Vehicle Charging Station Leviton today announced the launch of its Level 2 (240V, 40A) charging station. Designed, tested and assembled in the United States, the next generation Leviton charging station is able to provide 9.6 kW output, and will charge the Toyota RAV4 EV in approximately six hours.
- Lexus Eco Challenge First-Round Winners Take Environmental Commitment to a New Level TORRANCE, Calif., Dec. 11, 2012 – Students from across the country are showing they can change the world, starting with their local community. Sixteen student teams from 11 states have been named winners in the first round of the sixth annual Lexus Eco Challenge, an educational program and...
- Lexus Hybrids Hit 5.5 Billion Mile Mark Lexus has more than 190,000 hybrids on the road that have traveled over 5.5 billion miles—that’s further than the length of every paved road on the planet.
- Lexus Launches New 'IS' Lineup in Japan Redesigned Sports Sedan Takes Driving Enjoyment to New Level Toyota City, Japan - May 16, 2013 - Lexus is rolling out its new "IS" sports sedan lineup today with the Japan-wide launch of the redesigned "IS 350" and "IS 250", and the introduction of the "IS 300h" hybrid to the...
- Lexus LS Flagship Luxury Sedans Redesigned For 2013 Model Year With its dynamic handling, bold new design and superior craftsmanship, the 2013 LS flagship models hail the future of the Lexus brand as it embarks on its third decade in the premium luxury category.
- Lexus to Unveil New LS Flagship Sedan Lexus will hold the World Premiere of the new Lexus LS flagship sedan at a special invitation-only event in San Francisco on Monday, July 30.
- Lexus Unveils All-New 2013 ES 350 and First-Ever ES 300h Hybrid at New York International Auto Show Lexus today unveiled the all-new 2013 ES lineup, including the ES 350 and ES 300h equipped with Lexus Hybrid Drive.
- Light Electric Vehicle Association The Light Electric Vehicle Association (LEVA) represents the strategic interests of light electric vehicle retailers, dealers, distributors, manufacturers and suppliers to promote the development, sale, and use of LEVs worldwide. Members receive support and educational resources to expand their businesses while initiating efforts to influence and adopt legislation, regulation, performance standards, promotion and general best practices in the light electric vehicle industry. Light electric vehicles are gateways to medium and heavy electric vehicles.
- Linschoten Crowned Europe's Most EV Friendly Town Linschoten announced as victor of Nissan's 100 day, The Big Turn On Campaig
- Lithium Ion Batteries for Electric Vehicles to Approach $8 Billion in Sales by 2015 As the global market for electrified vehicles grows rapidly over the next several years, lithium ion (Li-ion) batteries in a variety of chemistries will be the technology of choice for auto manufacturers.
- Lithium-Ion Battery Leader Ener1 Takes Stake in Electric Vehicle Maker Think Global Ener1, Inc. will take the lead among a group of investors that plans to inject $47 million of equity funding into Think Global AS, the Norwegian electric vehicle producer. Ener1, Inc. is the parent company of EnerDel, a leading manufacturer of advanced lithium-ion automotive battery systems based in Indianapolis and an existing supplier to Think.
- Lithium-Ion Battery Maker Names New President Advanced lithium-ion battery maker EnerDel, Inc. has named Richard L. Stanley as company President.
- Locke, Chu Announce Significant Steps in Smart Grid Development May 18, 2009-- WASHINGTON - U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke and U.S. Energy Secretary Steven Chu today announced significant progress that will help expedite development of a nationwide "smart" electric power grid. A Smart Grid would replace the current, outdated system and employ...
- Long-time Wytheville manufacturing manager hired by Evatran to establish Plugless Power manufacturing operations Joe Freeman joins Evatran today as Director of Manufacturing, responsible for setting up manufacturing and assembly processes for Plugless Power wireless vehicle charging systems
- Looking Through the Window of Online EV Advertising July 3, 2012, EDTA- The Electric Drive Report is bringing you a bit of fun, but also something to think about, by linking to the most recent promotional videos for electric drive vehicles. Just see what a few minutes of videos for electric vehicles say: In BMW ’s...
- Love your Electric Vehicle? Tweet all about it. ChargePoint Introduces New Mobile App that Includes Social Networking Features for Facebook and Twitter ChargePoint today announced its latest mobile application for all iPhone and Android smart phones.
- Low Speed Vehicle Tax Credit: IRS Interpretation June 2009 The IRS has agreed that LSV's qualify for the original plug in credit (the amendments of HR1 do not take effect until next year.) The lsv guys wanted the higher value of the origianl credit to apply for this year. It also establishes their vehicles as legit on-road vehicles. E...
- Magna E-Car Systems Magna Electronics, Intelligent Power Systems is a developer and supplier of components and systems to the emerging automotive market for Hybrid Drivelines, Hub Motors, Electric Propulsion, and Energy Systems. Our team of engineers has extensive background in chassis driveline systems, electric motor design, vehicle controls, and energy management. Using innovative software controls, combined with advanced electromagnetic, thermal and mechanical designs, Magna Electronics-IPS, has created powerful and efficient electric propulsion and drive technologies that produce highly cohesive yet minimally coupled propulsion and energy storage systems that achieve superior efficiency and performance.
- Magna E-Car Systems Opens New Hybrid & Electric Vehicle System Development Center Magna E-Car Systems, a recently formed joint venture between Magna International and the Stronach Trust, announced today the grand opening of its latest facility, a new hybrid- and electric-vehicle system development center and state-of-the-art battery/materials testing facility in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
- Magna Facility in Brazil Recognized by Ford with 2011 World Excellence Award Magna International Inc. today announced that a manufacturing division of its Cosma International operating unit has won a Silver World Excellence Award from Ford Motor Company for demonstrating superior quality, delivery and cost performance in 2011. The 14th annual awards, Ford’s highest recognition for its suppliers, were given during ceremonies on May 31, 2012.
- Magna Is All About Efficiency at IAA 2012 Automotive supplier showcases innovations in lightweight frame and hybrid technology for commercial vehicles
- Malcolm Sissmore to Lead Telematics, Diagnostics and Training Sales for Delphi Product & Service Solutions Delphi Product & Service Solutions announced today Malcolm Sissmore will expand his current role as country director, Canada, to assume responsibility for leading sales efforts for telematics, diagnostics and training sales in North America effective July 1, 2012.
- March 27 Policy file page March 27 policy files update.
- Marital Bliss: Living With Two Chevy Volts Feb. 28, 2012 - Ever heard the saying “Happy wife, happy life?” Chevrolet Volt owners, especially with two in their households, have found this to be especially true.
- Maryland Governor Signs Two Bills Intended to Quicken Consumer Acceptance of Electric Vehicles Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley (D) today signed two bills into law that will support advanced vehicle propulsion technology and help spur early consumer acceptance of electric vehicles like the Chevrolet Volt.
- Maxwell Technologies Reports Increasing Demand for Ultracapacitor-Based Energy Storage Systems for Hybrid Buses Maxwell Technologies Inc. reported today that it has delivered BOOSTCAP® ultracapacitor cells and multi-cell modules for more than 1,000 hybrid transit bus drive systems through the first three quarters of 2010, and sees continuing strong demand going forward.
- Mayor Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Kelly Introduce Hybrid Cars to Fleet of Policy Response Vehicles Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly deployed 40 Nissan Altima Hybrids as the first alternative fuel vehicles to be used as marked and unmarked patrol cars in the Police Department?s fleet.
- MAYOR BLOOMBERG RELEASES PLANYC STUDY OF THE FUTURE OF ELECTRIC VEHICLES IN NEW YORK CITY Use of electric vehicles is one way to reduce the emissions from transportation and meet the ambitious greenhouse gas and pollutant reductions established in PlaNYC , the City’s long-term vision for a greener, greater New York.
- MDC Meeting: January 18, 2012 Market Development Committee Meeting Wednesday, January 18, 2011 10:00am – 12:00pm Location : Mount Vernon Square B Room Renaissance DC Downtown Hotel 999 Ninth Street, NW Washington, DC 20001 Dial-in : 1-866-204-3556 or 1-412-317-6031 Participant Code : 610-0197#...
- MDC Meeting: September 27, 2011 Market Development Meeting Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:40am Location : Sherwood Room Westin City Center Hotel 1400 M Street, NW Washington, DC 20005 Dial-in : 1-866-204-3556 or 1-412-317-6031 Participant Code : 2967211 Presentation and discussion...
- MEDIA ADVISORY | TESLA MOTORS ANNOUNCEMENT PALO ALTO, Calif. - May 2, 2013 - Tesla Motors, Inc. (NASDAQ: TSLA) will hold a conference call on May 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM Pacific Time (1:30 PM Eastern Time) for members of the media, to make an announcement. Following remarks from Elon Musk, Tesla Motors co-founder and CEO, media is invited...
- MEDIA ADVISORY | TESLA MOTORS ANNOUNCEMENT PALO ALTO, Calif. - April 26, 2013 - Tesla Motors, Inc. (NASDAQ: TSLA) will hold a conference call on April 26, 2013 at 10:30 AM Pacific Time (1:30pm Eastern Time) for members of the media, to make an announcement about Tesla Service. Following remarks from Elon Musk, Tesla Motors co-founder...
- Media Advisory: "Innovation Motorcade" to Parade Electric Vehicles Through the Streets of Washington, DC Secretary of Energy to Join Earth Week Kick-Off Electric Drive Industry to Showcase Electric Drive Advances
- Media Analysis Q109-Narrative Electric drive media coverage analysis: key issues, next steps for EDTA.
- Media Analysis-Q109-Spreadsheet Electric drive media coverage: story, author, publication, key issues.
Media Watch - October 27, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the October 27, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--April 11, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the April 11, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--April 13, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the April 13, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--April 18, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the April 18, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--April 20, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the April 20, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--April 25, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the April 25, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--April 27, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the April 27, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--April 4, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the April 4, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--August 1, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the August 1, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--August 10, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the August 10, 2007 issue of Media Watch. Clicking on any headline will give you full access to EDTA's LexisNexis electric drive results search.
Media Watch--August 11, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the August 11, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--August 17, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the August 17, 2007 issue of Media Watch. Clicking on any headline will give you full access to EDTA's LexisNexis electric drive results search.
Media Watch--August 22, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the August 22, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--August 24, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the August 24, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--August 25, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the August 25, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--August 3, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the August 3, 2007 issue of Media Watch. Clicking on any headline will give you full access to EDTA's LexisNexis electric drive results search.
Media Watch--August 4, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the August 4, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--August 8, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the August 8, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--December 14, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the December 14, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--December 15, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the December 15, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--December 20, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the December 20, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--December 22, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the December 22, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
- Media Watch--December 7, 2007 There will be no issue of Media Watch on December 7, 2007.
Media Watch--December 8, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the December 8, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--February 1, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the February 1, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--February 15, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the February 15, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--February 16, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the February 16, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--February 2, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the February 2, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--February 22, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the February 22, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--February 23, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the February 23, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--February 29, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the February 29, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--February 8, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the February 8, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--February 9, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the February 9, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--January 11, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the January 11, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--January 12, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the January 12, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--January 18, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the January 18, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--January 19, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the January 19, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--January 25, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the January 25, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--January 26, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the January 26, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--January 4, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the January 4, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--January 5, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the January 5, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--July 11, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the July 11, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--July 13, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the July 13, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--July 14, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the July 14, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--July 18, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the July 18, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--July 20, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the July 20, 2007 issue of Media Watch. Clicking on any headline will give you full access to EDTA's LexisNexis electric drive results search.
Media Watch--July 21, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the July 21, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--July 28, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the July 28, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--June 1, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the June 1, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--June 13, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the June 13, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--June 15, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the June 15, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--June 16, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the June 16, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--June 2, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the June 2, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--June 20, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the June 20, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--June 22, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the June 22, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--June 23, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the June 23, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--June 26, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the June 26, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--June 29, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the June 29, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--June 30, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the June 30, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--June 8, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the June 8, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--June 9, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the June 9, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--March 1, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the March 1, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--March 16, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the March 16, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--March 21, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the March 21, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--March 23, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the March 23, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--March 28, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the March 28, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--March 30, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the March 30, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--March 7, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the March 7, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--March 9, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the March 9, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--May 11, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the May 11, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--May 12, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the May 12, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--May 16, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the May 16, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--May 18, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the May 18, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--May 19, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the May 19, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--May 2, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the May 2, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--May 23, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the May 23, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--May 25, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the May 25, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
- Media Watch--May 4, 2007 There will be no Media Watch issued on May 4, 2007. The next Media Watch will be issued on May 11, 2007.
Media Watch--May 5, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the May 5, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--May 9, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the May 9, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--November 16, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the November 16, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--November 17, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the November 17 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--November 2, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the November 2, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
- Media Watch--November 23, 2007 There is no issue of Media Watch for November 23, 2007.
Media Watch--November 3, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the November 3, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--November 30, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the November 30, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--November 9, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the November 9, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--October 12, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the October 12, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
- Media Watch--October 13, 2006 Click "Read more" to see headlines from the October 13, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--October 19, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the October 19, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--October 26, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the October 26, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--October 5, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the October 5, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--October 6, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the October 6, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--September 1, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the September 1, 2006 Issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--September 12, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the September 12, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--September 14, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the September 14, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--September 15, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the September 15, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--September 19, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the September 19, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--September 21, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the September 21, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--September 22, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the September 22, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--September 28, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the September 28, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--September 29, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the September 29, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--September 5, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the September 5, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--September 7, 2007
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the September 7, 2007 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch--September 8, 2006
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the September 8, 2006 issue of Media Watch.
Media Watch: August 15, 2008
Click "Read more" to see headlines from the August 15, 2008 issue of Media Watch.
- Meet America’s Most EV-Friendly Communities Meet America’s Most EV-Friendly Communities
- Meet EDTA EDTA is the preeminent industry association dedicated to advancing electric drive as a core technology on the road to sustainable mobility. As an advocate for the adoption of electric drive technologies, EDTA serves as the unified voice for the industry and is the primary source of...
- Meet the mum who's made EV history Video credits: EVU - http://www.evunion.eu/. This story was initially published on the Renault-Nissan Alliance blog . NORWAY – Oct. 23, 2012 – When young Norwegian mum Solveig Marie Ødegård decided she had to learn to drive to transport her new...
- Member Referral Form Please share with us any companies you feel would benefit from EDTA membership. If you would like to discuss your submission, please reach out to Kim Grever at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (202) 408-0774 x 301.
- Membership: New Member Document-New Dues Structure-12-15-10 Membership: New Member Document-New Dues Structure-12-15-10
- Mercedes-Benz B-Class F-CELL secures victory with zero emissions The Mercedes-Benz B-Class F-CELL is the best electric car with fuel cell - this is the result of an online survey completed by 18,324 readers of specialist magazines "Auto Bild" and "Auto Test".
- Mercedes-Benz posts sales records in September and Q3 2012 Dr. Joachim Schmidt: “Despite numerous model changeovers and the difficult market environment in Southern Europe, we sold more vehicles than ever before in September and in the third quarter.” “Thus we are still on track to achieve a new sales record for the year as a whole. We expect further momentum in the fourth quarter, especially from our new models.” Sales are up again in Western Europe; strong growth particularly in UK Mercedes-Benz is the premium brand with the highest number of new vehicle registrations in the U.S. and Germany in 2012 New models in high demand: B-Class, M-Class and GLK all post record sales in September
- MERCEDES-BENZ S 250 CDI BlueFFICIENCY Declared 2012 World Green Car At a press conference hosted by Bridgestone Corporation and the New York International Auto Show, the Mercedes-Benz S 250 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY was declared the 2012 World Green Car.
- Mercedes-Benz Vans in Geneva: Electric mobility with the Vito E-CELL Mar. 6, 2012 - A world first from Mercedes-Benz Vans: the Vito E-CELL crewbus is the first seven-seater vehicle worldwide to offer local emission-free mobility ex-factory as standard.
- Metropolitan Washington Council of Government
- MGE Plans Electric Vehicle Charging Network As part of several technology demonstration projects under study, Madison Gas and Electric (MGE) has purchased six Coulomb Technologies electric vehicle charging stations from Carbon Day Automotive, Chicago, Ill. Electric cars and trucks charged at the stations will have their emissions offset through renewable energy.
- Michelin North America Globally, Michelin produces tires for virtually every category of the tire market. In North America, Michelin offers: Passenger and light-duty truck tires; Heavy truck tires; Recreational vehicle tires; Earthmover tires; Agriculture tires; Aircraft tires; and Bicycle tires. Our economic impact: With annual sales of $7.25 billion, Michelin North America has a substantial economic footprint in North America. The effect of Michelin's presence is felt in numerous ways beyond sales.
- Michigan Company Unveils Electric Vehicle Systems Manufacturing Facility Funded by Recovery Act In support of President Obama's all-of-the-above energy strategy to address the high price of gasoline and reduce America's dependence on foreign oil, the Energy Department today announced the opening of an electric vehicle (EV) component manufacturing facility in Grand Blanc Township.
- Michigan Recognizes GM’s Local Environmental Leadership LANSING, Mich. – General Motors continues to lead all Michigan organizations in Neighborhood Environmental Partner awards, receiving six more acknowledgements of superior community environmental projects and partnerships from the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality ....
- Midtronics Introduces Industry's First Battery Analyzer for Hybrid Vehicles Midtronics announced today the release of their new HYB-1000 Hybrid Battery System Analyzer, setting the standard for the future of Hybrid battery pack system analysis.
- Millennials Electrified by Advanced Battery Technology Gen Y comprises nearly half of hourly workers at GM’s Brownstown Battery Assembly
- Milwaukee County Event Officially Welcomed Four Work Trucks Powered by Odyne Plug-In Hybrid Systems into Their Fleet Fleet Milwaukee County held a press conference at Rainbow Park in West Allis, Wisconsin on April 20, showcasing four new bucket trucks featuring Odyne Hybrid Systems that were built by DUECO, Inc. of Waukesha.
- Mitsubishi i Electric Vehicle Owners Benefitting from Expansion of EV Charging Network in Hawaii Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) today has announced that the company will be installing an ultra-fast DC electric vehicle (EV) quick charger that will be available for use by the public.
- Mitsubishi i-MiEV Evolution Scores an Impressive 2nd-Place Finish in its 2012 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb Debut Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) saw its 2012 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb (PPIHC) electric vehicle racing team achieve an impressive debut on the difficult 12.42 mile long, 156 corner mountainside race course by recording a second-place finish in the Electric Vehicle class with its Mitsubishi i-MiEV Evolution with a lap time of 10 minutes, 30.850 seconds.
- Mitsubishi Motors collaborates with the NFPA to conduct electric vehicle (EV) safety research and vehicle safety training Cypress, California, October 24, 2012 – Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) – through its wholly-owned subsidiary Mitsubishi Motors Research & Development of America, Inc. (MRDA) – recently donated a Mitsubishi i-MiEV 100% electric-powered vehicle and provided important...
- Mitsubishi Motors Corporation Appoints New Chairman of Mitsubishi Motors North America Mon, Oct 29, 2012 - Cypress, California - Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) today announced that effective November 1, 2012, Gayu Uesugi will be appointed Chairman of Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA). Uesugi has been working as Executive Vice President and Head Officer of...
- Mitsubishi Motors Corporation's World Premiere of Two Concept Models at the 2013 Geneva International Motor Show Tokyo - February 14, 2013 - Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) will give the MITSUBISHI Concept GR-HEV 1 and MITSUBISHI Concept CA-MiEV 2 concept models their global debut at the 83rd Geneva International Motor Show which runs from March 5 through March 17 (opening to the general public on...
- Mitsubishi Motors Launches the All-new Outlander Mid-size SUV in Japan New Mitsubishi Motors Outlander: Fusion of world-class engineering and technology brings a "premium driving experience" with an emphasis on safety with "e-Assist"
- Mitsubishi Motors North America Adds AeroVironment’s Turnkey Electric Vehicle Charging Station and Installation Solution to its Integrated EV Offering Feb. 24, 2012 - Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) and AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), an authority in electric vehicle (EV) infrastructure solutions, today announced AeroVironment’s selection as an additional authorized and approved nationwide supplier of EV home charging systems, on-site installation services and support for the all-new 100 percent electric-powered 2012 Mitsubishi i, providing drivers safe and reliable indoor/outdoor home charging and the ability to start everyday fully charged.
- Mitsubishi Motors North America to Celebrate its Owners at MOD 2012 (Mitsubishi Owners Day) Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is set to host its annual celebration of all things Mitsubishi Motors for thousands of passionate automotive enthusiasts at the 2012 Mitsubishi Owners Day (MOD) to take place at the company’s headquarters located at 6400 Katella Avenue in Cypress, California 90630. The festivities kick off promptly beginning at 9:00 am on Saturday, July 14 and are open to the public and completely free of charge.
- Mitsubishi Motors Previews the New Outlander Plug-in Hybrid EV to Premiere at 2012 Paris Motor Show Mitsubishi Motors will continue to roll out its ambitious, global and green new product generation with a series of significant premieres. Highlight of this offensive will be the world introduction of the all-new Outlander Plug-in Hybrid EV at the forthcoming 2012 Paris Motor Show* (“Mondial de l’Automobile*).
- Mitsubishi Motors R&D of America The first Mitsubishi Motors electric vehicle was produced in 1971 and 150 electric vehicles were provided to the utility companies and the Japanese government. Mitsubishi Motors started using lithium ion batteries in their electric vehicles from the mid 1990s. Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) is a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Motor Corp., Tokyo, Japan. In November 2011, MMNA will introduce the new Mitsubishi “i”, a plug-in electric vehicle, following launches that have already taken place in Japan, Europe and Hong Kong. Pre-orders from the public as well as fleets may be placed now. The Mitsubishi Corporation and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation have also entered into a joint venture with GS Yuasa, called Lithium Energy Japan, to manufacture high-capacity, high-performance lithium-ion batteries. Mass production began in 2009. Fleet testing with utility companies is being conducted in Japan, United States, New Zealand, and Europe.
- Mitsubishi Motors Teams with the University of Southern California to Support Their Smart Grid Living Laboratory Project Los Angeles, California, November 29, 2012 – Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is supporting the University of Southern California (USC) and the renowned institution’s Viterbi School of Engineering as it develops a special campus-wide Smart Grid “Living Laboratory”...
- Mitsubishi Motors to Enter a Pair of All-New MiEV Evolution II All-Electric Racecars in 2013 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb (PPIHC) Cypress, California - May 16, 2013 - Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) will compete in the 2013 edition of the world-famous Pikes Peak International Hill Climb (PPIHC) to be held on June 30, 2013 with a pair of all-new MiEV Evolution II all-electric four-wheel drive (4WD) prototype racecars....
- Mitsubishi Motors to Launch MiEV Power BOX 1500 Watt Power Feeder for its Electric Vehicles Mar. 9, 2012 - Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) announced today that it will bring to market on April 27 the new MiEV power BOX power feeder which is capable of supplying large amounts of electrical power from an electric vehicle (EV).
- Mitsubishi Outlander Plug-in Hybrid EV press information With a long-standing tradition of pioneering technologies and a presence in 160+ world markets, Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) is rather well equipped to embrace the structural re-shaping affecting the global auto industry, whether geographical or environmental. From the...
- Mitsubishi Unveils All-New 2014 Outlander and 2013 Outlander Sport Limited Edition at the 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show Los Angeles, California -- Nov, 28, 2012 -- Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) showcases a pair of dynamic new product offerings at the 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show: the all-new 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander crossover and the sharp-looking Outlander Sport Limited Edition compact crossover...
- Mobility Experts from Around the Country Help Kick-Off the BMW i “Born Electric” World Tour in New York City Celebrities and electric cars: Uma Thurmam. BMW’s Forum Exploring the Future of Mobility Also Features the North American Debuts of the BMW i8 Concept Roadster and Next Generation BMW i3 Concept; New NYU-BMW i Mobility Study Highlights the Importance of Mixed Transportation Systems to Improve Cities’ Resiliency Following Natural Disasters
- Model X, Fastest Selling Tesla Ever Feb. 14, 2012 - Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) unveiled the highly anticipated Model X last Thursday evening at its Design Studio in Southern California. One day after the reveal, without any advertising, advance sales of the Model X exceeded $40 million.
- Model Year 2013 Electric Drive Fuel Economy Leaders Electric drive models in the Model Year 2013 Fuel Economy Leaders : SMART fortwo electric drive convertible A-1 NA 107 SMART fortwo electric drive coupe A-1 NA 107 SCION iQ EV AV NA 121 MITSUBISHI i-MiEV A-1 NA 112 FORD Focus Electric A-1 NA 105 TOYOTA Prius c AV...
- Modeling the CO2 Emissions from BEVs, Energy Policy - November 18, 2010 Modeling the CO2 Emissions from BEVs, Energy Policy - November 18, 2010
- More than 5 Million Electric Vehicle Charging Stations to be Installed Worldwide by 2015, Says Pike Research As plug-in hybrid and other electric vehicles begin shipping in volume starting in 2010, a robust new infrastructure will be required for charging access at home, at work, and around town. By 2015, the global installed base of charge points will surpass 5 million with cumulative equipment revenues of $6.5 billion, according to a new report from Pike Research.
- MTA Promises a Greener Future for Michigan The Mass Transportation Authority (MTA) today unveiled its new hydrogen fuel cell bus and opened their alternative fuel facility in Grand Blanc Township. The MTA is the first transportation agency in the Midwest with a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle. The vehicles will be stored at the Grand Blanc Service Center and Alternative Fuel Facility location.
- MTC: 10-Dec-2012 Recording recording from the 10-dec-2012 media teleconference
- NAFTC Announces 2013 Winter/Spring Training Schedule January 3, 2013 - This post holiday season finds the NAFTC a very busy place. We have recently completed the 2012 National AFV Day Odyssey, are preparing for training and presentations across the nation, and have developed and continue to develop new course work to reflect the rapidly changing...
- Nanophosphate EXT: Update on Testing at the Center for Automotive Research This post was initially published on Sep. 7, 2012 on A123's blog Earlier this year, A123 introduced Nanophosphate EXT™, a new lithium ion battery technology designed to operate at extreme temperatures and significantly reduce—or altogether...
- NASCAR Gives UPS the Green Flag in 2013 The Official Logistics Provider of NASCAR Introduces Environmental Enhancements to Its Trackside Pick-up and Delivery Operations Atlanta, GA - February 20, 2013 - NASCAR gives UPS (NYSE: UPS) the green flag in sustainability as it upgrades its Trackside Services operation for the 2013...
- NASCAR's Clint Bowyer pushes technology edge with Prius Dream Build TORRANCE, Calif., (Oct. 20, 2012) – Fresh from his third NASCAR Sprint Cup victory of the season on Saturday in Charlotte, Clint Bowyer finds himself neck-deep in another chase – to win the Toyota Racing Dream Build Challenge ( http://www.toyotaracingdreambuild.com/ ). Bowyer, currently...
- Nation-E Lauches the First Mobile Charging Station for Electric Cars: Angel Car® Nation-E AG, the Swiss company for energy storage, smart metering and load levelling solutions reveals the first in the world, mobile charging invention – NationMobile Angel Car®.
- National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium
- National Education Campaign brochure Accelerate the creation of a mass market for electric vehicles in the U.S.
- National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA)
- National Golf Car Manufacturers Association
- National Grid National Grid has submitted two Smart Grid filings, one in New York and one in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, seeking state regulatory approval in Smart Grid investments, including vehicles and charging stations. In addition, National Grid is participating in a study with the New York State Energy Research Development Authority (NYSERDA) and EPRI entitled "Grid Impact of Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles". We are participating in the EPRI/Ford Escape PHEV demonstration program and we have submitted letters of commitment to be sub applicants in four DOE Transportation Electrification Stimulus grant applications, that, if successful, could result in National Grid obtaining up to a combination of 90 plug-in electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles. We are also looking to partner in other collaboratives with neighboring utilities and local universities. We are extremely active in all the local clean cities organizations throughout the National Grid territory, which will assist in leveraging relationships with all key stakeholders in the market development and advancement of electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles.
- National Grid Further Expands ChargePoint Network Driving EV Adoption Throughout Massachusetts Feb. 28, 2012 - Coulomb Technologies today announced that National Grid, a leading utility in the Northeast, is now providing electric vehicle (EV) drivers with a new and premium charging experience throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- National Grid Helps Drive Electric Vehicle Adoption with the Installation of Charging Stations throughout the Commonwealth Feb. 13, 2012 - National Grid today announced it is currently installing more than 30 new electric vehicle (EV) charging stations throughout the Commonwealth under Coulomb Technologies’ “Charge America” program.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Electric Vehicle Safety Technical Symposium The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is announcing a technical symposium that will be held in Washington, DC on May 18, 2012 to discuss safety considerations for electric vehicles powered by lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries. The symposium will include brief NHTSA presentations outlining current agency research and activities related to Li-ion batteries and Li-ion battery-powered vehicles, as well as presentations by the Department of Energy, voluntary standards bodies, and automotive and battery manufacturers. Information on the date, time, location, and framework for this public event is included in this notice. Because of space limitations, registration by May 11, 2012 is highly recommended. There are no fees to register or to attend this event.
- National Launch Of Chevrolet Volt To Begin In California With Other Lead Markets To Follow Chevrolet announced that the Volt electric vehicle with extended-range capability will be available late next year in California – the nation’s largest new-car market – with other lead markets to be named later.
- National Orgs Letter to Energy & Water: 6-9-09 EDTA is working with members and other associations to ensure that funds are restored and that the Department continues to advance the full portfolio of electric drive technologies – battery, hybrid and fuel cells. This a copy of a multi-association letter supporting the portfolio approach.
- Navistar Helps Kraft Foods "Green" Truck Fleet with Refrigerated Hybrid Truck Kraft Foods Inc. added another green ingredient to its DiGiorno Pizza line-the first-of-its-kind diesel-electric hybrid delivery truck equipped with a RouteMax refrigerated truck body for frozen and refrigerated capabilities.
- Navy Exchange in Bethesda Electrifies New LEED Gold Certified Store with ChargePoint Stations for Electric Vehicles US Navy Exchange EV charging station: First ChargePoint Electric Charging Stations Installed at $52.8 million Facility Serving Military Families including Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- Nearly 4 Million Hybrid Vehicles to Be Purchased by Fleet Managers Through 2015, Forecasts Pike Research Cumulative sales of hybrid vehicles in the fleet sector will total nearly 4 million worldwide between 2009 and 2015.
- New 2012 forecasts for Electric Vehicles Jan 27, 2012 - Old electric vehicle reports are useless: the subject is moving too fast. IDTechEx is the only analyst with 18 current reports forecasting sales of electric vehicles and their key components and they are all kept up to date.
- New 2013 BMW 7 Series Once Again Raises The Bar BMW Flagship sets new standards for performance, luxury, efficiency and safety
- New 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium blends unsurpassed fuel efficiency with premium amenities All-new Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium adds premium amenities and technology to the most fuel-efficient midsize family sedan in America; Standard features include leather interior, premium Sony® audio system and MyFord Touch®; Customers can select a Fusion Titanium model with either a hybrid powertrain or the 2.0-liter EcoBoost® all-wheel-drive powertrain for the same base price of $32,995.
- New Buick Crossover Will Feature Plug-In Hybrid System General Motors' plug-in hybrid technology will be introduced in a new Buick crossover vehicle in 2011.
- New Cloud-Based HondaLink™ Connected Car System Helps Drivers Put Away Their Phones While Maintaining Intuitive Access to Their Favorite Media HondaLink™ provides first-ever OEM application of Aha™, delivering robust digital content via preset smartphone app
- New Database Makes Costs of Energy Technologies More Transparent As part of the Energy Department's Open Energy Information platform (Open EI) and its continued commitment to open and transparent energy data, the Department released today a new public database featuring cost and performance estimates for electric generation, advanced vehicle, and renewable fuel technologies. The Transparent Cost Database (TCDB) provides technology cost estimates for companies, utilities, policy makers, consumers, and academics, and can be used to benchmark company costs, model energy scenarios, and inform research and development decisions. The database makes it much easier to view the range of estimates for what energy technologies, such as a utility-scale wind farm, rooftop solar installation, biofuel production plant, or an electric vehicle, might cost today or in the future.
- New Earth-Friendly Option Available Nationwide Allows for Easy at-Home Charging of Electric or Plug-in Hybrid Vehicles KB Home will begin offering an option to pre-wire its new Built to Order™ homes to accommodate charging stations for homeowners’ electric vehicles.
- New electric model from Mercedes-Benz: the new Concept B-Class Electric Drive Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive
- New Energy Department Report Shows Strong Growth in the Fuel Cell Market in 2011 2011 Fuel Cell Technologies Market Report DOE report: Commercial markets for fuel cell technologies expanded significantly over 2011. Continued growth is forecasted through 2012.
- New global electric vehicles to feature Delphi award winning sound generator EV sound: Delphi technology presented 'Best of 2012 Innovation Award' from 'Initiative Mittelstand' in Germany for Delphi Automotive's innovative Vehicle Sound Generator for electric vehicles
- New global electric vehicles to feature Delphi award winning sound generator Delphi technology presented 'Best of 2012 Innovation Award' from 'Initiative Mittelstand' in Germany
- New Report Shows Hydrogen Vehicles Will Drive Change The National Hydrogen Association released a new report called the "Energy Evolution: An Analysis of Alternative Vehicles and Fuels to 2100." The Energy Evolution shows that a scenario which initially includes a mix of alternative vehicles, and is later dominated by hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicles sales is the only way to simultaneously cut U.S. greenhouse gas pollution by 80% below 1990 levels.
- New York Power Authority The New York Power Authority is the nation’s largest state-owned electric utility, and one of the cleanest, greenest power companies in the United States. NYPA’s 18 generating facilities include New York State’s largest hydropower projects. Its investments in energy efficiency and clean energy initiatives, which have passed the $1 billion mark, save taxpayers millions of dollars a year and improve air quality. The Power Authority has helped place more than 850 electric-drive vehicles in service around the state, in NYPA fleets and for municipal use. New York now has one of the first plug-in hybrid-electric vehicles in the nation, and will soon use hydropower to make hydrogen fuel for clean transportation purposes.
- New York State Energy New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) is a public benefit corporation created in 1975 under Article 8, Title 9 of the State Public Authorities Law through the reconstitution of the New York State Atomic and Space Development Authority. NYSERDA’s earliest efforts focused solely on research and development with the goal of reducing the State’s petroleum consumption. Today, NYSERDA’s aim is to help New York meet its energy goals: reducing energy consumption, promoting the use of renewable energy sources, and protecting the environment.
- New York State, Golub Corporation Announce Installation of Electric Vehicle Charging Stations At Niskayuna Price Chopper State-Supported Project Supports Charge NY Plan to Build Statewide Infrastructure and Encourage Electric Vehicle Usage April 25, 2013 - The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) today joined with the Golub Corporation, owner of Price...
- Next-Generation Porsche Cayenne Led by Intelligent, Powerful Hybrid Led by a technologically advanced full hybrid model, the all-new, next-generation Porsche Cayenne sport-utility vehicle will debut at the Geneva motor show in early March.
- Nidec America Joins the Electric Drive Transportation Association Jan. 17, 2012 - The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) — the preeminent industry association dedicated to advancing electric drive as a core technology on the road to sustainable mobility —today announced that Nidec America has joined the Association.
- Nidec Motor Corporation
- Nissan and CarCharging to Expand Electric Vehicle Quick Charger Network Companies aim to improve infrastructure, education to expand market for electric cars MIAMI BEACH, FL AND NASHVILLE, TN – May 14, 2013 - Nissan and Car Charging Group, Inc. (OTCQB: CCGI), a nationwide provider of convenient electric vehicle (EV)...
- Nissan and Nichicon to Launch the "LEAF to Home" Power Supply System with "EV Power Station" Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. will launch the "LEAF to Home" power supply system, which can supply electricity from batteries onboard in Nissan LEAF electric vehicles (EV) to homes when used with the "EV Power Station" unit developed by Nichicon Corporation. "LEAF to Home" is an industry first backup power supply system that can transmit the electricity stored in the large-capacity batteries of Nissan LEAFs to a residential home.
- Nissan Announces National Market Roll-Out Plan for Zero-Emission Nissan LEAF Today, nearly 17,000 future Nissan LEAF drivers are learning when the world's first affordable all-electric, zero-emission vehicle will be available in their markets. Consumers who have placed reservations for the Nissan LEAF received a communication today regarding market timing and next steps in ordering the all-electric vehicle.
- Nissan at the Paris Motor Show 2012 Nissan electric vehicles at Paris Motor Show:
- Nissan Becomes First Automaker to Commercially Deploy Methanol Fuel Cells for Material Handling Equipment Nissan North America (NNA) has become the first vehicle manufacturer to commercially deploy methanol fuel cells to power its material handling equipment (tugs) at its Smyrna, Tenn., assembly plant. The methanol fuel cells from Oorja Protonics, OorjaPacTM, provide a more energy efficient and cost effective battery-charging process for the 60 tugs that are used to transport thousands of vehicle parts throughout the 5.4 million-square-foot facility.
- Nissan begins eMotor trials at Decherd Tenn. plant Decherd, Tenn. – Oct. 24, 2012 – The eMotor that powers the Nissan LEAF has more than one mile of copper wiring inside. Currently those motors are assembled in Japan. Soon, however, Nissan's eMotor will be produced in Decherd, Tenn., about 70 miles away from where...
- Nissan Begins U.S. Assembly of 2013 LEAF Electric Vehicle and Batteries 2013 Nissan LEAF offers faster charging, enhanced technology, more features FRANKLIN, TN, January 9, 2013 – This week, Nissan will ramp up U.S. assembly of the 2013 model year all-electric LEAF at its manufacturing plant in Smyrna, Tenn., where it will be manufactured...
- Nissan Brings New, U.S.-Assembled 2013 LEAF to Market with Major Price Reduction Addition of a new LEAF S trim level lowers entry price by more than $6,000, or 18 percent Available federal and state incentives can bring price down to less than $19,000 Improved energy efficiency, faster charging times and greater customer choice headline 2013 model year improvements...
- Nissan Canada and PowerStream Demonstrate Nissan "LEAF to Home" charging system for first time in Canada Nissan/PowerStream's V2H technology connects local utility companies, homes and cars in two-way communication to promote sustainable living
- Nissan celebrates national tree day, one year anniversary of the first Nissan LEAF delivery in Canada First Canadian Nissan LEAF owner reflects on a year of 21,800 km, emission-free driving
- Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn Visits Oslo the European Capital of Electric Vehicles ROLLE, Switzerland - April 10, 2013 - On Monday April 8, Nissan President and CEO Carlos Ghosn hosted an intimate gathering of media in Oslo, Europe's electric vehicle capital, and spoke about the new Nissan LEAF and his vision of zero-emissions mobility. Nissan is...
- Nissan Chooses Pre-Construction Contractor for New Nissan Battery Plant Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) has selected W.G. Yates of Philadelphia, Miss., as the general contractor supporting the pre-construction services phase for Nissan's new battery plant that will be built at the automaker's vehicle assembly plant in Smyrna, Tenn. The battery plant will support the assembly of the Nissan LEAF that will be built at the Smyrna plant in late 2012.
- Nissan creates more than 800 new Tennessee manufacturing jobs Nissan partners with State of Tennessee to add third vehicle shift to Smyrna Vehicle Assembly Plant workforce
- Nissan Debuts 2014 Pathfinder Hybrid, NV200 Mobility Taxi at New York International Auto Show New York City - March 27, 2013 - After nearly doubling sales of Pathfinder since the October 2012 introduction of an all-new fourth-generation design, Nissan's iconic SUV took another major step forward today with the world debut of the 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid at a press conference...
- Nissan Debuts World's Most Celebrated Electric Vehicle in Australia Award-winning Nissan LEAF goes on sale locally – the world’s first purpose-built, mass-produced, all-electric car
- Nissan Delivers Affordable Solutions for Purchase, Lease of All-Electric Nissan Leaf Nissan North America, Inc. announced U.S. pricing for the 2011 Nissan LEAF electric vehicle, which becomes available for purchase or lease at Nissan dealers in select markets in December and nationwide in 2011. Nissan will begin taking consumer reservations for the Nissan LEAF April 20.
- Nissan Donates LEAF Vehicles, Charging Stations to MTSU Nissan North America Inc. announced Tuesday it has donated two Nissan LEAF cars and three charging stations to Middle Tennessee State University to promote the use of electric-vehicle technology.
- Nissan e-NV200 Electrifies Hanover HANOVER, Germany (Sept. 21, 2012) – Nissan and FedEx electrified the 64th IAA Commercial Vehicle International Motor Show in Hanover earlier this week with the unveiling of the all-new 100% battery-powered version of the e-NV200 Concept van. At...
- Nissan Establishes Zero Emission Fund Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. today announced the launch of the Nissan Zero Emission Fund, a new fund for individual Nissan electric vehicle (EV) owners in Japan which converts the amount of CO2 emissions that are offset by driving the 100% electric Nissan LEAF to generate credits.
- Nissan Launches Scholarship Competition for University Students in Conjunction with Nissan LEAF Zero Emissions Tour The Nissan LEAF Zero Emissions Student Competition allows university and college students to express how the Nissan LEAF has inspired their outlook towards a zero-emissions future.
- Nissan Leaf Becomes First Electric Car Available for Order in All U.S. Markets Feb. 29, 2012 - Beginning tomorrow, drivers across the country will have their first opportunity to order their Nissan LEAF, as Nissan North America Inc. (NNA) expands availability for all U.S. markets, nationwide.
- Nissan Leaf Blazes New Trail for Bluegrass Underground Mar. 2, 2012 - Bluegrass legend Del McCoury is crooning one of his classic laments, as a video camera on a 20-foot jib swoops over the stage and across an enthusiastic audience.
- Nissan LEAF Crosses 25,000 U.S. Sales Milestone NASHVILLE, Tenn. - May 15, 2013 - After the all-electric Nissan LEAF's best sales month ever in March and a 423.5 percent year-over-year sales increase in April, Nissan LEAF continues to make history by crossing the 25,000 sales threshold, reinforcing LEAF's position as the world's...
- Nissan LEAF Drives into the Record Books…Again LEAF at Silverstone. Record of most Nissan LEAF's on a racetrack. Nissan LEAFs set record for the largest parade of electric vehicles. 225 LEAFs on track simultaneously at Silverstone circuit, UK.
- Nissan LEAF Drops Major New Beats with Bose Energy Efficient Series Sound System FRANKLIN, TN - February 6, 2013 - The all-electric Nissan LEAF may be known for being quiet on the outside, but now it's boomin' on the inside with the first custom-designed Bose® Energy Efficient Series sound system available on the 2013 model that goes on sale this month. Nissan...
- Nissan LEAF Earns "Top Safety Pick" from IIHS Nissan LEAF joins the Nissan Altima and Infiniti M as Insurance Institute for Highway Safety 2013 Top Safety Picks NASHVILLE, Tenn. - May 7, 2013 - Now in its third model year, the highly innovative, industry-leading Nissan LEAF pure electric vehicle added another award to...
- Nissan LEAF Gets the Blue Light in Portugal Eight zero-emission Nissan LEAF EVs start patrolling Portuguese streets
- Nissan LEAF Joins the Ranks of Sydneysiders SYDNEY, Australia - February 19, 2013 – The City of Sydney has taken delivery of 10 Nissan LEAF electric cars, the single largest order of the award-winning electric vehicles in Australia. Nissan is a member of the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA)...
- Nissan LEAF Reservationists Move One Step Closer to an Emission-Free Future as Order Specification Phase Begins Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) today announced the start of order specification for the 2011 model year Nissan LEAF – the industry's first 100-percent electric car for the mass market – for those customers who have placed a reservation online.
- Nissan LEAF Sales Booming in Norway and Other Nordic Countries NORWAY - April 9, 2013 - No country has sold more Nissan LEAF models per capita than Norway, with the world's first mass production electric vehicle taking 1.7 percent of all vehicle sales in 2012, its first full year on sale. Nissan is a member of the Electric Drive Transportation...
- Nissan LEAF Taxis Set to Electrify the Toronto Film Festival with #LEAFTAXI Through Twitter, Nissan Canada is offering free rides to festival goers during the first weekend of Toronto International Film Festival in the fully-electric Nissan LEAF
- Nissan LEAF Works For Orlando Couple and their “eBaby” ORLANDO, Fla. (Sept. 18, 2012) – Shannon and Christin Monroe of Orlando, Fla., decided to go electric, in a Nissan LEAF, 18 months ago. They since have logged nearly 24,000 commuting miles traveling to work, running errands and driving around town. “There is nothing we...
- Nissan LEAFT Electric Car Reservations to Begin in the U.S. in Spring 2010 In response to strong initial demand for the Nissan LEAF zero-emission electric car, Nissan North America, Inc. announced it will begin taking reservations for LEAF in spring 2010. Nearly 22,000 people in North America have contacted Nissan since the company unveiled the car in August.
- Nissan Mexicana Blazes the Path for a Zero Emissions Future MEXICO CITY - February 12, 2013 – About 70 taxi drivers in México have been driving fully electric Nissan LEAFs for more than a year now as part of a pilot program launched in 2011. The objective is to showcase the car's technology while building experience and evidence of the Nissan...
- Nissan North America and Adopt a Charger to Provide Complimentary Charging Opportunities to California Electric Vehicle Owners Working with Adopt a Charger to accelerate the widespread acceptance of electric vehicles to address environmental concerns, Nissan North America has "adopted" 15 electric vehicle chargers in California.
- Nissan North America Announces Agreement With State of Hawaii for Electric Vehicle Development Today, Nissan North America and the state of Hawaii announced a partnership to advance zero-emission mobility by promoting the development of electric vehicles, and an electric-vehicle charging network, throughout the state.
- Nissan North-America Nissan first came to the United States to sell vehicles in 1958 and began importing and making Datsun vehicles in the United States under the Nissan Motor Corporation, U.S.A. (NMC), name in 1960. In 1990, Nissan North America Inc. (NNA), was created to coordinate all of Nissan's various activities in North America to enhance the design, development, manufacturing, and marketing of Nissan vehicles. In 1998, the two organizations merged operations under the Nissan North America, Inc., name. NNA's mission is to provide all Nissan and Infiniti employees and dealers with the tools they need for constant improvement and consumer satisfaction. In North America, Nissan is headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee and operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving the environment under the Nissan Green Program 2010 and has been recognized as a 2010 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency. In 2010, the Nissan Leaf was released as one of the first full electric, zero emission PEV. Within 6 months, the Leaf has earned recognition on Ward's '10 Best Engines' list for 2011 and won the Popular Mechanics Breakthrough Award, 2011 European Car of the Year and 2011 World Car of the Year.
- Nissan Opens in Mexico the First Electric Vehicle Quick Charging Station in Latin America EV charging in Mexico: Located in Colonia Roma, this charging station will be the first one to allow quick charging for current electric vehicles. Electric vehicles can now charge their batteries to 80% capacity in this high-tech station in an average time of 30 minutes.
- Nissan Presents the Future: Today Groundbreaking exhibition launches in Stockholm that immerses visitors in a world of new technology: Nissan to launch ground-breaking, future-facing exhibition at Norrmalmstorg in Stockholm; Exhibition will revolve around the zero-emission Nissan LEAF; Exhibition will be housed in an innovative structure designed by Jump Studios; Exhibition to feature additional content from Chris Levine, Hellicar & Lewis, TED and Masdar.
- Nissan Reaches 20,000-Reservation Milestone for Nissan LEAF; First Phase of Customer Reservations Completed Consumer interest for the Nissan LEAF continues to grow, as Nissan North America Inc. today marks its 20,000th reservation for the 100-percent electric car.
- Nissan Readies 2013 Launch of the Nissan LEAF Electric Vehicle in Puerto Rico, Without Excise Taxes Fourteen months after the company and the government of Puerto Rico signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to explore and foster the future introduction of electric vehicles in Puerto Rico, Nissan prepares the 2013 retail launch of the first and best-selling 100 percent electric vehicle (EV) in the world, the Nissan LEAF. With this step, Puerto Rico will become the first Latin American market where the Nissan LEAF is sold in retail showrooms.
- Nissan Recognized by EPA with Energy Star Sustained Excellence Award, Saves Enough Energy to Power the All-Electric LEAF for 750 Million Miles NASHVILLE, Tenn. - March 15, 2013 - Nissan remains a leader in energy performance with three new U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ENERGY STAR® accolades on the shelf, including the 2013 Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Award, the highest honor given to select...
- Nissan releases first global brand campaign TV commercial YOKOHAMA, Japan - Nissan has released the first television commercial for its global brand campaign on the Nissan LEAF. Through the global brand campaign "WHAT IF_" which launched June 1, Nissan aims to highlight iconic products and technologies that invigorate consumers...
- Nissan Releases Serena S-HYBRID in Japan Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. today announced the launch of the new Serena S-HYBRID, which goes on sale today nationwide at Nissan dealers throughout Japan.
- Nissan Reports on Eco-Targets, Unveils Hybrid Plans YOKOHAMA – 12/12/2012 – Nissan gave an update on a slew of eco-targets Wednesday, highlighting cuts in CO2 emissions and a plan to add 15 hybrid models by 2016. Chief Operating Officer Toshiyuki Shiga provided details on the company’s environmental...
- Nissan Resonance Concept to Make Global Debut January 15 Franklin, TN - January 10, 2013 – The Nissan Resonance Concept makes its global debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit on January 15th. The Resonance is the latest in a series of envelope-pushing crossover designs from Nissan, fusing bold, breakthrough styling with...
- Nissan TeRRA stars at the Paris Motor Show 2012 Innovation and excitement - Nissan brings its brand message to life at the Paris Motor Show; TeRRA fuel cell electric vehicle takes center stage after global unveil Nissan Executive Vice President Andy Palmer and Chief Creative Officer Shiro Nakamura lead the presentation of Nissan's vision of a Zero Emission future; Images and video showing the Nissan Paris Motor Show press conference now live
- Nissan to Produce 100% Electric Van in Barcelona Electric variant of NV200 to launch in 2013
- Nissan to Triple Electric Vehicle Fast-Chargers; Partners with NRG Energy to Build First Fast-Charge Network in Washington D.C. Area Leader in electric vehicles to add 500 quick-charging stations across U.S. in 18 months Nissan supplying 40 fast chargers to NRG’s eVgo network in greater Washington D.C. WASHINGTON, DC - January 31, 2013 - At the Washington Auto Show today, Nissan outlined its strategy for...
- Nissan Unveils a Bold New Vision for the London Nissan has unveiled a bold new vision for the future of the London 'black cab' and its 300,000 daily users - the Nissan NV200 London Taxi.
- Nissan Unveils ‘Nissan CMF’ Next-Generation Vehicle Engineering Feb. 27, 2012 - Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. today announced the introduction of its next-generation vehicle engineering concept, named Nissan Common Module Family (CMF).
- Nissan's LEAF Nismo RC Goes Racing in Sugo SENDAI, Japan – Nissan's LEAF Nismo RC went electric vehicle racing at Japan's Sportsland Sugo circuit on September 2, in the Sugo 50km EV race. Check out the video above to learn more about the challenges of electric racing. More footage of...
- Nissan, New York City Launch LEAF Electric Vehicle Taxi Pilot New York - April 22, 2013 - To celebrate Earth Day, Nissan and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg today launched a new electric vehicle taxi pilot with the world's best-selling electric car, Nissan LEAF. This pilot program, which puts six LEAF taxis into service beginning this spring, will...
- Nissan: Excitement for EV-eryone OPPAMA, Japan – 12/14/2012 -- Nissan celebrated the electric vehicle’s second birthday in Japan with a gathering of more than 200 LEAF owners at GranDrive last weekend. LEAF owner Masahiko Yoshida joined participants at the gathering, which also included...
- NIST Releases Report on Smart Grid Development The U.S. Commerce Department’s National Institute of Standards and Technology released for public review a report* that identifies issues and proposes priorities for developing technical standards and an architecture for a U.S. Smart Grid.
- North American Grid Operators Assess Impact of Electric Vehicles Report reviews challenges and opportunities presented by plug-in vehicles As automakers ramp up production of plug-in electric vehicles, a group of U.S. and Canadian power grid operators who manage most of the North American bulk electric grid collectively studied the effect that PEVs would have on the electric power grid.
- North Carolina Electric Cooperatives North Carolina’s electric cooperatives serve more than 2.5 million people across North Carolina in 93 of the state’s 100 counties. The 26 electric cooperatives are private, independent and not-for-profit entities committed to providing a high standard of service to residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers with at-cost electric service. Each of North Carolina’s electric cooperatives is governed by a board of directors elected from its membership. Members are also owners. North Carolina’s electric cooperatives emphasize the importance of community involvement, integrity, accountability and innovation.
- Northeast Utilities Northeast Utilities operates New England’s largest utility system serving more than two million electric and natural gas customers in Connecticut, western Massachusetts and New Hampshire. NU is dedicated to this region, as well as the people, energy and technology so vital to its security, stability and economic strength.
- Northern Lights Energy and REVA Agree to Develop Iceland's EV Market Northern Lights Energy has signed an agreement with Reva Electric Car Company to develop the electric vehicle market in Iceland.
- Notes - 07-Jul-2011 committee meeting (13-Jul-2011)
- Notes 13-Oct-2011 committee meeting Oct. 17, 2011 - Notes from the Oct. 13, 2011 committee meeting
- NovaCharge Partners With Advanced Vehicle Research Center NovaCharge, an exclusive Southwest authorized channel for the ChargePointSM Network from Coulomb Technologies, announced a sales distribution agreement with Advanced Vehicle Research Center.
- NovaCharge Partners with Foreign Affairs EV NovaCharge, the exclusive Southeast authorized channel for ChargePoint™ Networked Charging Stations from Coulomb Technologies, announced a sales distribution agreement with Foreign Affairs EV – Florida’s leading provider of Electric Vehicles and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles.
- NovaCharge Partners With Praxis Technologies NovaCharge, LLC, expands EV charging partner network to enable sales of the ChargePoint Network to Electric Utilities, Educational and Government Agencies.
- November 10, 2008 Policy Meeting The meeting will be held form 2- 4 pm EST on Nov 10 at Toyota's Washington office: 601 Thirteenth Street, NW, Suite 910 South The call in number is 877-358-8255; Conference ID is 7521445 We will be identifying policy priorities from the attached Electric Drive in 2009...
- NRG Energy NRG Energy, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 Index company, owns and operates one of the country’s largest and most diverse power generation portfolios. Headquartered in Princeton, NJ, the Company’s power plants provide nearly 26,000 megawatts of generation capacity—enough to supply more than 20 million homes. NRG’s retail businesses, Reliant Energy and Green Mountain Energy Company, combined serve more than 1.8 million residential, business, commercial and industrial customers. With investments in solar, wind and nuclear power, as well as electric vehicle infrastructure, NRG is working to help America’s transition to a clean energy economy.
- NRG Energy Request For Proposals (RFP) for first 20 DC chargers at California Freedom Station EV charging sites NRG Energy, Inc. has issued a Request For Proposals (RFP) to furnish the first 20 DC chargers to be installed at California Freedom Station® electric vehicle (EV) charging sites. Interested venders can contact Terry O’Day, Director of California Business Development, at...
- NRG Investment in California EV Charging Stations to Create More Than 1,500 Local Jobs The planned $102.5 million investment by NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NRG) to build electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure in California will create more than 1,500 jobs in the Los Angeles Basin, San Francisco Bay Area, San Joaquin Valley and San Diego County regions, according to a study by Solution Mountain commissioned by NRG.
- Obama Administration Announces $14.2 Million in New Funding to Develop Lightweight Materials for Advanced Vehicles Today, as President Obama went to Ohio State University to discuss the all-out, all-of-the-above strategy for American energy, the White House announced a new $14.2 million effort at the Department of Energy to accelerate the development and deployment of stronger and lighter materials for advanced vehicles that will help reduce U.S. dependence on foreign oil, save drivers money, and limit carbon pollution.
- Obama Administration Awards First Three Auto Loans for Advanced Technologies to Ford Motor Company, Nissan Motors and Tesla Motors The Obama Administration announced $8 billion in conditional loan commitments for the development of innovative, advanced vehicle technologies that will create thousands of green jobs while helping reduce the nation’s dangerous dependence on foreign oil.
- Obama Administration National Fuel Efficiency Policy The proposed national autos program adopts uniform federal standards to regulate both fuel economy and greenhouse gas emissions while preserving the legal authorities of DOT, EPA and California.
- Odyne Systems DUECO , in conjunction with ODYNE Corporation has developed the country’s first PHEV aerial bucket truck. Introduced to the public in October 2007, the vehicle uses an innovative design that...
- Odyne Systems Showcased Unique New Walk-In Van Hybrid Power Application at the 2013 NTEA Work Truck Show Waukesha, WI - March 9, 2013 - Pat Davis, Program Manager of the Vehicle Technologies Program at the U.S. Department of Energy and Ron Schoon, Executive Manager – Partnership Development, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) visited with Odyne Systems President and CEO, Joe Dalum, on...
- Odyne Systems to Showcase Unique New Walk In Van Hybrid Power Application at the 2013 NTEA Work Truck Show System Has Potential to Double Engine Life, Powering Underground Climate Control and Tools. Odyne Systems is a member of the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) www.electricdrive.org Waukesha, WI - February 21, 2013 – Odyne Systems, LLC, a leading manufacturer of...
- Odyne Systems, LLC Participates in Nation’s First Traditional Parade Powered by Advanced Energy Odyne Systems, LLC, a clean technology company that develops and manufactures hybrid drive systems for medium and heavy duty trucks, participated May 10 in the Children’s Tulip Parade in Holland Michigan, a featured event in the 83rd Tulip Festival.
- Odyne Systems, LLC to Showcase Plug-In Hybrid Systems for Medium and Heavy Duty Trucks in Booth 709 at HTUF Odyne’s Advanced Hybrid Propulsion System Featured On a Ford Chassis Reduces Fuel Consumption By Up To 50%
- Odyne Systems, LLC, and Altec, Inc., approve non-exclusive global supply agreement Odyne and Altec partnership to broaden the deployment of energy efficient Odyne System solutions
- Official Launching of The Electric Circuit: First Public Charging Stations Now in Service The Minister of Natural Resources and Wildlife and Minister responsible for the Plan Nord, Clément Gignac, and the founding partners of The Electric Circuit—Les Rôtisseries St Hubert, RONA, Metro, the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) and Hydro-Québec—are pleased to announce the official launching of Canada’s first public charging network for plug-in electric vehicles (EVs)
- On behalf of The Electric Circuit, Hydro-Québec to coordinate a second call for tenders for the deployment of public charging stations The Electric Circuit is expanding
- One In Five Would Consider an Electric Car Following Coalition Government's New Scheme One in five motorists would consider buying an electric car, according to Swinton Insurance. The results were revealed by the UK's leading high street retailer of car insurance following the unveiling of plans by the Coalition Government to offer grants to those who wish to purchase one.
- One in Three Europeans Would Spend More for a Green Car Despite Weak Economy, Ford-Sponsored Survey Shows 35 per cent of Europeans would pay more for an environmentally friendly car; even though 71 per cent have reduced spending due to the weak economy*, according to a Ford-sponsored survey of 6,000 people The survey also shows 71 per cent consider fuel-efficiency a major factor in buying a...
- One Million "Turn On" to the Nissan LEAF The Big Turn On, Nissan's ambitious on-line campaign designed to get one million people ‘turned on' to electric vehicles, has hit its target ahead of time.
- One Million Electric Vehicles By 2015, U.S. Department of Energy - February 2011 One Million Electric Vehicles By 2015, U.S. Department of Energy - February 2011
- One-millionth Fiat 500 Rolls Off the Production Line Fiat 500 electric car: introduction in 2013 of the all-new Fiat 500e, a full electric version of the Fiat 500
- One-Third of All U.S. Ford Dealers to Be Certified to Sell New EVs by Spring; Ford Delivers January Hybrid Sales Record More than 900 Ford dealers will soon be certified to sell plug-in electrified vehicles, up from 200 in November; Ford expects to have EV Certified Ford dealers in all 50 states by spring The surge in EV Certified Ford dealers reflects increased demand for the company’s electrified...
- Online Resources
- OnStar Leverages Google Technology to Connect Customers to the Chevrolet Volt OnStar is leveraging the power of Google technology to develop a number of new mobile app features that strengthen Chevrolet's commitment to providing Volt customers with the most connected vehicle experience possible.
- OnStar Looking to Make the Smart Grid Smarter Feb 2, 2012 - OnStar is inviting utilities, energy companies and tech firms to develop Smart Grid solutions for the Chevrolet Volt using a set of proprietary OnStar application programming interfaces, or APIs.
- OnStar Officially Joins Community of Tomorrow Seeking to learn how Chevy Volt owners operate in sustainable community
- OnStar on Call as Sandy Threatens East Coast Emergency assistance and tips offered as Hurricane Sandy moves north
- OnStar RemoteLink Passes 14 Million Interactions Developers use HTML5 technology to make mobile app available on more devices
- OnStar to Offer Services in Mexico in 2013 DETROIT – OnStar is expanding to offer its integrated safety, security and navigation services in Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicles sold in Mexico sometime in 2013, joining the United States, Canada and China as countries where the services will be available. ...
- Opel Ampera to head GM's environmentally friendly vehicle offensive For journeys up to 60 km, the five-door, four-seat hatchback runs on electricity stored in a 16-kWh lithium-ion battery and emits zero CO2. When the battery’s energy is depleted, electricity from an on-board engine-generator extends the Ampera’s range to more than 500 kilometers.
- Opinion: Stop bashing electric cars Note from the editor: this opinion was initially published in Politico . It’s not often that you hear national elected officials and media pundits rooting against a growing American industry — especially when it’s reducing U.S. dependence on imported oil....
- Oregon DOT Selects AeroVironment for Electric Vehicle Chargers Stations Along Interstate 5 Mar. 16, 2012 - Cruising the open road is now a little closer to reality for electric vehicle owners in the Pacific Northwest.
- Orion Assembly to Pull Energy from the Sun Solar array to provide enough energy to power 45 Michigan homes
- Orlando Utilities Commission (OUC) OUC-The Reliable One is a municipal utility owned by the citizens of Orlando. It provides electricity and water services to customers in Orlando, St. Cloud, and parts of Orange and Osceola counties.
- Overview of the “eQ” Electric Vehicle Major Features - High performance electric vehicle designed for daily commutes, shopping and other short distance travel; provides efficient energy use with a compact battery space and vehicle body that affords easy-to-handle, light and brisk driving. - Boasts the world's best 1...
- P&G Converts to Hydrogen Fuel Cell Powered Forklifts at 3 Plants Program Aims to Reduce Environmental Footprint, Increase Productivity and Reduce Costs
- Pacific Gas & Electric Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) is one of the largest combination natural gas and electric utilities in the United States, providing service to 14 million people throughout a 70,000 square-mile area in northern and central California. PG&E has actively supported alternative fuel vehicles since 1985, and is committed to being an environmental leader. PG&E is investigating advanced technologies such as plug-in hybrids, fuel cells and the supporting hydrogen infrastructure.
- Paul Gordon Joins ECOtality as Chief Technology Officer Feb 13, 2012 - ECOtality, Inc. (NASDAQ:ECTY), a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, announced today that Paul Gordon has joined ECOtality as Chief Technology Officer. Mr. Gordon joins ECOtality from Trilliant Networks.
- Pepco Holdings Pepco Holdings, Inc. is one of the largest energy delivery companies in the Mid-Atlantic region, serving about 1.9 million customers in Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland and New Jersey. PHI subsidiaries Pepco, Delmarva Power and Atlantic City Electric provide regulated electricity service; Delmarva Power also provides natural gas service. PHI also provides energy efficiency and renewable energy services through Pepco Energy Services.
- Pew Environment Group
- PG&E, VIA Motors Showcase A First For Utilities: The Extended-Range Electric Pickup Truck Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) and VIA Motors today showcased the production model of the first extended-range electric pickup truck for utilities, featuring the potential to provide PG&E with mobile, on-site power to help manage electric outages and minimize disruptions for customers.
- Phoenix International Phoenix International – a John Deere Company - in the business of developing and producing high power inverters used in conjunction with electric motors to create vehicle electric drives. They serve the needs of all the John Deere Platforms and two dozen non-Deere OEMs - of heavy duty vehicles. Their primary focus is the development of vehicle electronics for heavy duty vehicle applications for a broad range of work vehicles, trucks and mobile equipment. They are a current recipient of a DOE Grant for development of electric drives through the AARA program. They design and manufacture robust controls, displays, specialty sensors, integrated electronic systems, telematics and power electronics. The Phoenix Drive’s family of high-efficiency inverters provides advanced controls for permanent magnet, induction and switched-reluctance electric machines in power ranges from 50 kW to 300 kW.
- Phoenix International Breaks Ground for New Facility Facility Will Provide Needed Space For Additional Growth
- Pioneers of electric mobility agree on cooperation: smart produces scooter with Vectrix smart is expanding its portfolio of electrically driven vehicles designed for urban traffic by cooperating with the two-wheeler specialist Vectrix.
- Plug-In 2011 Location Announced: Research Triangle, N.C. The Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) announced today that Plug-In 2011 – an international conference of expert insights on technical advances, market research and policy initiatives shaping the future of plug-in hybrid and electric transportation – will be held in the Research Triangle area of North Carolina, July 18-21.
- Plug-in Electric Cars Can Lower Global Warming Emissions, Oil Consumption and Unhealthy Air Pollution Increasing America’s use of plug-in electric and plug in hybrid cars would dramatically reduce emissions that cause global warming and air pollution and would curb our dependence on oil, according to a new white paper released by Environment Texas.
- Plug-in Electric Drive--Responding to a misleading USA Today Article The USA Today article by James Healey, “Plug-in cars could actually increase air pollution,” misleads readers about the use of electricity as an automotive fuel. America’s transportation accounts for 67% of all U.S. oil consumption, most of it from unstable regions of the world. Electric drive, including battery, hybrid, plug-in electric, and fuel cell powered vehicles, offers the best chance to slash our reliance on foreign oil, reduce emissions from the transportation sector, and improve environmental quality nationwide. In fact, the study Mr. Healey cites notes that each region of the country will yield reductions in GHG emissions as plug-in electric vehicles assume more of the vehicle market share. Click "Read more" to see EDTA's response to the article, as well as from NRDC.
- Plug-In Electric Vehicle Credit Internal Revenue Code Section 30D provides a credit for Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicles which include low-speed vehicles, and passenger vehicles and light trucks. The amount of the credit is equal to the sum of $ 2,500 plus $ 417 for each kilowatt-hour of traction battery capacity in excess of four kilowatt-hours.
- Plug-In Electric Vehicle Letter to House Ways & Means and Senate Finance Committees Download the letter cosponsored by a new coalition of industry, public interest and trade associations interested in promoting plug-in electric drive vehicle solutions to meet the energy security and environmental challenges of oil dependence. The letter was sent to the House...
Plug-in Electric Vehicles
What is a plug-in electric vehicle?
“Plug-in electric vehicles,” like all electric drive vehicles, use electricity to move vehicle’s wheels. Some, or all, of that electricity comes from the grid -- from “plugging in.”
How do they work?
Plug-in electric vehicles come in many forms, or configurations. With battery electric vehicles, all of the electricity comes from the grid. Hybrids with plug-in capability use a combination of grid electricity, regenerative energy from braking, and power from another onboard source, such as an internal combustion engine or fuel cell.
In addition, plug-in hybrids can be configured to operate serially, or in a blended fashion. In a serial configuration, the vehicle runs on electricity alone at some points, like starting, and uses its other power source alone at others, for example, when accelerating. Alternatively, a plug-in hybrid may be configured for blended operation, i.e., the battery and the conventional engine operate together.
An extended-range battery electric vehicle uses an internal combustion engine or fuel cell to recharge the battery, but not to move the wheels.
In addition to the variety of ways that plug-in technology can be configured, it can also be applied to a variety of vehicles. Plug-in electric vehicles are being developed and used in diverse applications – including commuter buses and utility trucks, full sized passenger cars, high performance roadsters and low-speed vehicles.
Why do we need them?
What plug-in electric vehicles all have in common is the ability to use electricity from the grid to displace the petroleum used for transportation. Currently, 96% of U.S. transportation is fueled by oil. More that half of that oil is imported, often from hostile nations. Policymakers and the public are increasingly aware that this dependence on oil is a threat to our national security.
Oil dependence also poses a threat to our economic security, as price volatility and supply insecurity impacts markets and consumers.
Plug-in vehicles are also an important part of a climate change strategy. Displacing petroleum with electricity reduces emissions from the transportation sector. Even with today’s mix of grid electricity sources, which is dominated by coal, the use of grid power instead of petroleum is a net benefit for the environment. As grid-power becomes even cleaner over time, the greenhouse gas reduction and other air quality benefits of plug-in vehicles will be even greater.
What are we doing to bring them into the market?
The private and public sectors are working to accelerate the commercialization of plug-in options throughout the transportation sector. Major vehicle manufacturers and battery companies, as well as small start ups, are racing to make the necessary technology advances. The federal government is supporting research, development and deployment. States and local government entities are implementing programs and incentives for plug-in vehicles.
A continuing commitment to, and support for, industry and government efforts can increase the electrification of transportation and move the Untied States toward a sustainable transportation sector, that invigorates, not undermines, our national security, our environment or our economy.
Advantages of Plug-in Vehicles:
-Reduced fuel consumption and tailpipe emissions
-Cleaner electric energy through advances in natural gas and coal gasification
-Optimized fuel efficiency and performance
-Recovered energy from regenerative braking
-Unchanged gas station infrastructure
-Grid connection potential
-"Home based" battery recharging at a fraction of the cost of petroleum equivalent
-Pure zero emission capability
-Even lower fueling costs compared to battery sustaining hybrids
-Possible use in secondary markets for used batteries and reduced waste
-Cost and complexity of two powertrains
-Component availability--batteries, powertrains, power electronics
-Higher initial cost
-Cost of batteries and battery replacement
- Plug-in Electric Vehicles A Practical Plan for Progress, Indiana University - February 2, 2011 Plug-in Electric Vehicles: A Practical Plan for Progress, Indiana University - February 2, 2011
- Plug-In Hybrid Electric Cargo-Moving Tractor to be Tested at Port of Long Beach Shipping Terminal A plug-in hybrid electric "terminal tractor" used to move shipping containers and cargo within the port will be tested at a Port of Long Beach shipping terminal.
- Plug-in Vehicle Tax Credit: IRS Guidance
- Plugged In The End of the Oil Age, World Wide Fund for Nature - March 2009 Plugged In: The End of the Oil Age, World Wide Fund for Nature - March 2009
- Plugging In A Stakeholder Investment Guide, Rocky Mountain Institute - July 2009 Plugging In: A Stakeholder Investment Guide, Rocky Mountain Institute - July 2009
- Plugging into the postal service Converting just its 142,000 standard delivery trucks would reduce gasoline consumption by up to 68 million gallons a year and save the Postal Service millions of dollars.
- Plugless Power(TM) Wireless Electric Vehicle Charging on Display at EVS26 May 6th -- 9th April 30, 2012 - Evatran, the developer of Plugless Power wireless recharging technology for electric vehicles, will welcome EVS26 attendees at the Los Angeles Convention Center May 6th through May 9th. Plugless Power technology will be featured in booth #1115 and also at the Ride, Drive, and Charge event open throughout the four-day conference.
- Policy Commitee-June 12, 2009 Policy Committee Please find attached materials for the Friday June 12 conference call, 4 pm EST. Additional materials will be sent out prior to the call as necessary. The call in number is: CALL IN NUMBER 866-939-8416 PARTICIPANT CODE: 9433169 The...
Policy Committee Conference Call--May 14 @ 3pm EST
Click "Read more" to see the agenda and download files from the May 14, 2007 telecon.
- Policy Committee Conference Call--October 30, 2008 Please plan to join the Policy Committee Call on October 30, at 4 pm EST. The call in number is 877-358-8255; Conference ID is 7521445. We will be discussing legislative items and policy priorities for the 111th Congress and New Administration and recommendations for a lame-duck stimulus...
Policy Committee Meeting (Telecon)--March 20, 2007
Click "Read more" to download files from the March 20, 2007 telecon.
- Policy Committee Meeting Conference Call: June 12, 2009 CALL IN NUMBER 866-939-8416 PARTICIPANT CODE: 9433169 Agenda: 1. FY10 Dept of Energy Appropriations - (budget request summary and Hill letter ) 2. Senate Energy legislation - (Bayh-Dorgan- Bingaman Amendment) 3. House Climate Change...
- Policy Committee Meeting-September 22, 2009 EDTA Policy Committee September 22, 2009 Meeting Agenda The meeting will be held at Honda's Washington Offices: 1001 G St., NW Washington DC Suite 950 from 1-3 EST To call in: 866-939-8416; participant code 9433169 I. June meeting Minutes ; Board Report II. FY10...
- Policy Committee Meeting: June 24, 2009 Policy Committee Meeting June 24, from 1 pm-3 pm EST. Location: Honda's Washington Office located at 1001 G St. NW Suite 950. Call-in number: 866-939-8416; code: 9433169 File links are embedded in the text below; roll your mouse over...
- Policy Committee Update-July 20, 2009 1. FY10 Energy and Water Appropriations bill On Friday, the House completed action on its Energy and Water Approps bill, HR 3183 . See last week's update for details on electric drive spending . Full Senate action on its bill, S 1436, is not expected before the August...
- Policy Committee Update: March 4, 2010 EDTA Policy Committee Update March 4, 2010 • Call for comments on DOE FY11 Budget letter: Attached is a draft statement on the DOE budget request to be submitted to the House and Senate appropriations committees. Please provide any substantive comments by Tuesday March...
Policy Committee Working Files-May 2007
Click "Read more" to download files that the Policy Committee worked on in May 2007.
Policy Committee: April 12 Telecon and April 17 Meeting in DC
Click "Read more" to see agendas and files for the April 12 telecon and April 17 Policy Committee meeting.
- Policy Update--October 16, 2008 Policy Committee Update--October 16, 2008 2009 Priorities Pursuant to our discussion about 2009 priorities during Tuesday's committee call, I am soliciting your suggestions for our legislative action and priorities list . We will consider them during our next call on October 30...
- Policy Update--October 22, 2008 1. Interested in Participating in NCEP Advanced Vehicle Workshop . On November 6 in San Francisco, the National Commission on Energy Policy (which is part of the Bipartisan Policy Commission) is organizing a one-day workshop of experts in advanced vehicle technology and policy and is looking...
- Policy Update: October 23, 2009 Action completed on FY10 Department of Energy Appropriations and Defense Authorization bills [ HR 3183 ], the FY10 Energy and Water Appropriations bill, was sent to the President on October 21. The bill includes EDTA-supported increases in electric drive programs, including...
- Policy Update: October 23, 2009 Action completed on FY10 Department of Energy Appropriations and Defense Authorization bills HR 3183, the FY10 Energy and Water Appropriations bill, was sent to the President on October 21. The bill includes EDTA-supported increases in electric drive programs, including hybrid...
- Policy: 2-9-10 Policy Call Summary and action items
- Policy: 4-20-10-Establishing an electric drive America
- Policy: 4-20-10-NHTSA Overview and Issues
- Policy: 4-20-10-Rulemakings referenced in NHTSA
- Policy: Bayh-Dorgan Amendment 6-12-09 Senate Energy legislation - Bayh-Dorgan- Bingaman Amendment
- Policy: Defense Authorization House Conferees
- Policy: Defense Authorization Senate Conferees
- Policy: DOE FY11 Budget letter
- Policy: Dorgan-Bayh Vehicle Tech Deployment-6-9-09 Senate Energy legislation - Bayh-Dorgan- Bingaman Amendment
- Policy: EDTA Policy Action Plan 2010 policy action plan 2010
- Policy: Electric Drive in HR 2454 report Waxman-Markey Bill
- Policy: FY 11 Request Highlights
- Policy: FY10 Dept of Energy Appropriations-6-9-09 FY10 Dept of Energy Appropriations - budget request summary
- Policy: FY10 DOE Funding Update
- Policy: FY10 Vehicle and Hydrogen Budget
- Policy: FY2010 Budget Request FY2010 Electric Drive in the Budget Request
- Policy: FY2010 Vehicle Budget Request
- Policy: FY2011 Congressional Budget Request-Entire File Policy: FY2011 Congressional Budget Request-Entire File
- Policy: FY2011 Congressional Budget Request-Highlights Only Policy: FY2011 Congressional Budget Request-Highlights Only
- Policy: GWA-FPF Joint Meeting Invitation
- Policy: H2 and Fuel Cell Budget Detail June 2009 Policy: H2 and Fuel Cell Budget Detail June 2009
- Policy: HR 3183 conference report
- Policy: HR 4399 Bill Text
- Policy: HR 4399 Serrano Key Provision Summary
- Policy: HR 445 as passed
- Policy: HR 445 Heavy Duty Hybrid Trucks-9-9-09 Policy: HR 445 Heavy Duty Hybrid Trucks-9-9-09
- Policy: HR3246-Advanced Vehicle Technology Act of 2009
- Policy: Immediate EEI Priorities
- Policy: IRS Guidance for LSV and 2/3 Wheel Vehicle Plug-in Credit-7-13-09 IRS Guidance for LSV and 2/3 wheel vehicles
- Policy: Levin-Plug in credit modification
- Policy: March 2010-FY11 Budget Request FY11 DOE PPROPRIATIONS STATEMENT FOR THE RECORD Thanks for your comments, which are reflected in the attached statement that was submitted to the House Appropriations Committee and will be submitted to the Senate Appropriators as well.
- Policy: March 2010-HR 4680-Public Utility Regulatory Policies A BILL To amend the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act of 1978 to provide electric consumers the right to access certain electric energy information.
- Policy: National Orgs Letter for Hydrogen funding-6-9-09
- Policy: Organizational Support for HR 3367
- Policy: Plug-in Tax Credit-June 2009 Policy: Plug-in Tax Credit-June 2009
- Policy: Policy Committee Board Report for June 25, 2009 BOD meeting Policy: Policy Committee Board Report for June 25, 2009 BOD meeting
- Policy: R&D Bill Draft March 3, 2009 The R&D proposal for the bill that has been proposed by the Energy Committee. The final section adds a battery and component manufacturing program to the 2007 energy bill's energy storage competitiveness program.
- Policy: Report for 2-9-10 board meeting
- Policy: S. 2854 Summary-March 4, 2010
- Policy: S1733 s1733
- Policy: Sept09-EdV in HR 2454 as passed-revised Policy: Sept09-EdV in HR 2454 as passed-revised
- Policy: Sept09-HR 3246 Summary Policy: Sept09-HR 3246 Summary
- Policy: Sept09-HR 3367 Policy: Sept09-HR 3367
- Policy: Sept09-Minutes from June 24 2009 meeting Policy: Sept09-Minutes from June 24 2009 meeting
- Policy: Sept09-Policy Committee Board Report Policy: Sept09-Policy Committee Board Report
- Policy: Sept09-S 1462 Policy: Sept09-S 1462
- Policy: Summary of HR 3246
- Policy: Summary of request for export support comments
- Policy: Waxman-Markey Climate Bill-6-9-09 House Climate Change legislation - The full text of the committee report can be accessed at: http://energycommerce.house.gov/Press_111/20090609/hr2454_committeereport.pdf
- POLL FROM AUSTIN BUSINESS JOURNAL SHOWS OVERWHELMING PUBLIC SUPPORT FOR TESLA MOTORS SELLING ELECTRIC CARS DIRECT TO CONSUMERS IN TEXAS EIGHTY-SIX PERCENT OF RESPONDENTS FAVOR DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER SALES OF ELECTRIC VEHICLES AUSTIN, TX, - April 21, 2013 - A new readers poll conducted by the Austin Business Journal shows that 86 percent of respondents favor direct-to-consumer sales of electric cars,...
- Porsche Announces It Is Stepping Up Its Research on Electric Sports Cars With the development of three experimental all-electric-drive Porsche Boxsters, Porsche announced today that it is taking another major step toward its plans to build electric-powered sports cars.
- Porsche Releases More Cayenne Hybrid Details Porsche AG shared more information about its Cayenne S Hybrid, which will debut next year.
- Porsche to Unveil First Production Hybrid, the All-New Cayenne S Hybrid SUV, at the New York Auto Show Porsche will introduce the next-generation Cayenne sport utility vehicle, including a hybrid gas-electric version, at the New York International Automobile Show.
- Portland General Electric PGE is a recognized leader in the utility industry and has safely and dependably powered northwest Oregon since 1889. Today, we’re focused on providing reliable electricity supplies at reasonable...
- Portland General Electric PGE is a recognized leader in the utility industry and has safely and dependably powered northwest Oregon since 1889. Today, we’re focused on providing reliable electricity supplies at reasonable prices while continuing to be good stewards of Oregon’s environment. In part, that means we’re leading the charge on clean energy in Oregon and we consistently run the most popular renewable power program in the nation.
- Potential Impacts of PHEVs on Regional Power Generation, Oak Ridge National Laboratory - January 2008 Potential Impacts of PHEVs on Regional Power Generation, Oak Ridge National Laboratory - January 2008
- Powering Americas Defense, CNA Analysis & Solutions - May 2009 Powering Americas Defense, CNA Analysis & Solutions - May 2009
- Powering Up: How Utilities Are Preparing for Electric Vehicles Powering Up: How Utilities Are Preparing for Electric Vehicles
- Powertrain Innovation Comes Standard on 2013 Regal The 2013 Buick Regal luxury sport sedan arrives at dealerships this fall with a standard advanced eAssist powertrain and 36 highway mpg. Two powerful turbocharged four-cylinder engines give Regal one of the most technologically advanced engine ranges in the brand’s history.
- Powertrain The New Profit Engine, Credit Suisse - September 29, 2008 Powertrain: The New Profit Engine, Credit Suisse - September 29, 2008
- Powin, EV4 Oregon, and OpConnect Partner to Launch Charging Stations May 13, 2013 - A Tualatin energy company has completed the two charging stations it promised in an arrangement with two Oregon electric vehicle supplier mainstays. Powin Energy, a wholly owned subsidiary of Powin Corp. (OTC QB: PWON), completed the work on the quick charge stations with EV4...
- Presentation - Committee meeting (07-Jul-2011)
- President Obama Announces $2.4 Billion for Electric Vehicles As part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, the U.S. Department of Energy announced the release of two competitive solicitations for up to $2 billion in federal funding for competitively awarded cost-shared agreements for manufacturing of advanced batteries and related drive components as well as up to $400 million for transportation electrification demonstration and deployment projects.
- President Obama Announces $3.4 Billion Investment to Spur Transition to Smart Energy Grid President Barack Obama announced the largest single energy grid modernization investment in U.S. history, funding a broad range of technologies that will spur the nation’s transition to a smarter, stronger, more efficient and reliable electric system.
- President Obama Announces Accelerated Purchase of 17,600 New American Vehicles for Government Fleet This includes the purchase of 2,500 hybrid sedans that will be ordered by April 15. This is the largest one-time purchase of hybrid vehicles for the federal government fleet in history.
- President Obama Announces New Fuel Economy Standards The White House -- July 29, 2011 -- President Obama today announced the next phase in the Administration’s program to increase fuel efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas pollution for all new cars and trucks sold in the United States. These new standards will cover cars and light trucks for...
- President Obama Launches EV-Everywhere Challenge as Part of Energy Department’s Clean Energy Grand Challenges March 7, 2012 - Mt. Holly, N.C. – At an event today at the Daimler Truck factory in Mt. Holly, N.C., President Obama launched EV-Everywhere, the second in a series of Energy Department “Clean Energy Grand Challenges” aimed at addressing the most pressing energy challenges of our time. ...
- President Obama Previews First Plug-In Hybrid Electric Utility Truck System Developed By Eaton And EPRI For Southern California Edison President Barack Obama previewed an innovative plug-in hybrid electric utility truck with a power system developed by diversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation and the Electric Power Research Institute.
- President Obama Speaks at Smith Electric Vehicles Headquarters President Obama today addressed workers at the Smith Electric Vehicles plant to discuss the state of the economy and jobs.
- President Obama Tours Edison Electric Vehicle Technical Center The President toured the Edison Electric Vehicle Technical Center in Pomona, California, and explained that in addition to green jobs being a key element of the Recovery Act, it will be a focus of his economic blueprint throughout his presidency.
- President Obama Urged To Create Task Force For Plug-in Electric Vehicles Organizations representing auto manufacturers, electric utilities and the electric drive industry today called on President Obama to establish a new National Electric Fuel Task Force to help accelerate the adoption of plug-in electric vehicles and the necessary infrastructure.
- Pricing announced for 2013 Prius, Prius v and Prius Plug-In Prius adds Persona series special edition
- Prius c Launch Kicks Off with Strong Sales Mar. 16, 2012 - Toyota’s subcompact Prius c five-door hatchback, the newest member of the Prius family of hybrid vehicles, is off to a quick start since going on sale March 12.
- Production Version of 2011 Honda CR-Z Sport Hybrid Coupe Makes Official Debut Set to go on sale late summer in the U.S., the CR-Z is powered by a 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine with Honda's compact and lightweight Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) hybrid-electric system. The two-passenger CR-Z introduces a new three-mode drive system that allows the driver to select between Sport, Econ (Economy) and Normal driving modes.
- Professional Engineers in California Government (PECG)
- Progress Energy Progress Energy, headquartered in Raleigh, N.C., is a Fortune 500 energy company with more than 22,000 megawatts of generation capacity and approximately $10 billion in annual revenues. Progress Energy includes two major electric utilities that serve about 3.1 million customers in the Carolinas and Florida. The company was the 2006 recipient of the Edison Electric Institute's Edison Award, the industry's highest honor, in recognition of its operational excellence. The company also is the first utility to receive the prestigious J.D. Power and Associates Founder's Award for customer service. Progress Energy serves two fast-growing areas of the country, and the company is pursuing a balanced strategy for a secure energy future. That balance includes aggressive energy efficiency programs, investments in renewable energy technologies and a state-of-the-art electricity system.
- Progress Energy Awarded $200 Million Grant for Smart Grid Projects Progress Energy has accepted a $200 million U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) grant awarded as part of the 2009 federal stimulus package. The funds will be used by the company's two utilities for investments in equipment, systems, technologies and communication infrastructure that will add "intelligence" to the systems used to deliver electricity to more than 3.1 million households and businesses in the Carolinas and Florida.
- Progress Energy Carolinas installs 6 electric vehicle charging stations in Asheville Feb. 28, 2012 - Progress Energy Carolinas has installed six plug-in electric vehicle (PEV) charging stations in Asheville, as part of its commercial charging station research program.
- Progress Energy Supports Energy Education Through DonorsChoose.org Partnership The Progress Energy Foundation has teamed up with DonorsChoose.org, an online charity, by donating $50,000 to help students learn about energy, electricity, alternative energy and energy conservation. As part of the DonorsChoose.org “Almost Home” initiative, the donation will help fund energy-focused project requests submitted by teachers at public schools within the Progress Energy Florida service area.
- Progressive Insurance Automotive X PRIZE to Award up to $10 Million on September 16 in Washington, D.C. Ceremony Progressive Insurance, the country's fourth largest auto insurance group, and The X PRIZE Foundation, an educational nonprofit prize organization, will announce the winners of the Progressive Insurance Automotive X PRIZE at a special awards ceremony in Washington, D.C.
- Protean Electric Introduces Production In-Wheel Electric Drive System; Exhibits at Auto Shanghai 2013 SHANGHAI - April 19, 2013 - Protean Electric, the global leader of advanced in-wheel electric drive, today announces the Chinese debut of its production in-wheel motor and will showcase its in-wheel electric drive system on a BRABUS Hybrid vehicle at the Auto Shanghai 2013, Apr. 20-29 in...
- Protean Electric Joins Electric Drive Transportation Association Washington, DC - March 5, 2013 - The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA), the leading industry association dedicated to promoting electric drive as a core technology on the road to sustainable mobility, recently welcomed new member company Protean Electric....
- Protean Electric Unveils Production In-Wheel Electric Drive System DETROIT - April 16, 2013 - Protean Electric, the global leader of advanced in-wheel electric drive, today announces the debut of its production in-wheel motor at the 2013 Society of Automotive Engineers World Congress. Protean Electric is a member of the Electric Drive...
- Protean In-wheel Motor System powers BRABUS Hybrid, car at TZG EV Dealership May 24, 2013 - Powered by the Protean Drive™ in-wheel motor system, the BRABUS hybrid electric vehicle, based on a Mercedes-Benz E class, is now on display at the TZG EV 4S Dealership showroom, attracting significant interest from the automotive industry. Protean Electric...
- Proterra Electric Transit Bus Achieves over 20 MPG in Equivalency Testing UQM Technologies, Inc. a developer of alternative energy technologies, announced that an all-electric version of the 35-foot Proterra FCBE 35 transit bus powered by a UQM® PowerPhase® 150 electric propulsion system achieved over 20 miles per gallon in fuel economy equivalency testing conducted by the Pennsylvania Transportation Institute at Pennsylvania State University.
- Proterra Notches First Deployment of All-Electric, Zero-Emission Buses by Major Transit Agency Proterra, Inc., a leading maker of zero-emission commercial transit solutions, today announced the first major deployment of its EcoRide BE35 zero-emission, fast-charge battery-electric transit buses by Foothill Transit, a premier public transport provider that operates bus services in Southern San Gabriel and Pomona Valleys, located in the eastern portion of Los Angeles County.
- Protonex receives additional $500K to extend capabilities of unmanned aerial vehicle propulsion systems Protonex Technology Corporation has received an additional $500,000 contract award from the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) for advanced development of high power fuel cell systems for small unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
- Proudly Making Hondas in America for 30 Years Nov. 1, 2012- Our Perspectives Rick Schostek, SVP Honda of America Mfg., Inc As we celebrate Honda's 30th year of making cars in the U.S., I am reminded of a story I was told by a Honda associate - that's what we call all our employees - at our auto plant in Alabama....
- PSA Peugeot Citroën and General Motors confirm key steps in Global Strategic Alliance GM and Peugeot Citroen: Four common vehicle platform development projects; Next steps in joint purchasing organization; Synergy target of $2 billion annually confirmed.
- PSE and City of Bellevue Welcome Nissan LEAF Debut The future of transportation is parked at Bellevue Square, just like thousands of other cars and trucks do daily – the difference is that the future is quieter, cleaner and boasts zero tailpipe emissions.
- Public Charging Stations Installed in Parking Lots at Québec Casinos Montreal, - March 4, 2013 - The founding partners of the Electric Circuit—Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert, RONA, Metro, the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) and Hydro-Québec—are pleased to confirm that a partnership agreement has been signed with the Société des casinos du Québec...
- Public Charging Stations to Be Installed at Five Québec Hotels The founding partners of The Electric Circuit-Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert, RONA, METRO, the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) and Hydro-Québec-are pleased to announce the signing of a partnership agreement with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts to install charging stations for electric vehicles (EVs) at their Québec hotels.
- Public Opinion on Electric Vehicles and Utilities, Edison Electric Institute - February 2, 2011 Public Opinion on Electric Vehicles and Utilities, Edison Electric Institute - February 2, 2011
- Qualcomm and ECOtality to Enable Electric Vehicle Charging Stations With Cellular Connectivity The solution will allow ECOtality to use a commercial cellular network to manage its Blink brand charging station operations, transfer usage data, download firmware updates and publish availability to electric vehicle drivers in real time.
- Quantum Affiliate Fisker Automotive Closes $529 Million DOE Loan Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide, Inc. announced today that Fisker Automotive, the plug-in Hybrid Premium American car company that Quantum co-founded, closed a Department of Energy loan for $529 million on Friday.
- Quantum Announces First Delivery of Plug-In Hybrid Electric F-150 Pick Up Truck to Florida Power & Light Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide, Inc. (NASDAQ: QTWW), a global leader in natural gas, hydrogen and hybrid/electric vehicle technologies, today announced that it has delivered the first pilot version of its plug-in hybrid electric (PHEV) F-150 pickup truck to Florida Power & Light Company (FPL), in association with Dow Kokam, the lithium-ion battery system supplier for the PHEV F-150. Source: PR Newswire (http://s.tt/1cZDD)
- Quantum Awarded $30 Million Contract to Supply Key Components and Sub-Systems Related to Q-Drive Plug-In Hybrid Powertrain Systems Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide, Inc. announced today that it has received a $30 million purchase order for supplying key components and subsystems related to Quantum's proprietary Q-Drive™ powertrain systems for the Fisker Karma production program under the terms of its supply agreement.
- Quantum Awarded Purchase Order by Fisker Automotive for Supply of Q-Drive(TM) Plug-In Hybrid Powertrain Systems for the Fisker Karma Program Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide, Inc. announced today that it has received an initial purchase order for supplying Q-Drive™ powertrain systems for the Fisker Karma production program under the terms of its supply agreement.
- Quantum Ships Diesel Hybrid Vehicles to the U.S. Army Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide, Inc. is developing and shipping diesel hybrid vehicles to the U.S. Army's Tank Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center (TARDEC) National Automotive Center (NAC).
- Quantum Signs Definitive Production Supply Agreement with Fisker Automotive for the Exclusive Supply of Q-Drive(TM) Plug-In Hybrid Components and Control Systems for the Fisker Karma Program Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide, Inc. announced today that it has signed a definitive Supply Agreement with Fisker Automotive to supply key components and control systems for the Q-Drive™ powertrain system that is being incorporated in the Fisker Karma.
- Québec takes another step toward a greener tomorrow: Renault-Nissan Alliance Signs Zero-Emission Vehicle Partnership in Québec The Renault–Nissan Alliance today announced that Nissan Canada has entered into a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the Government of Québec, the City of Montréal, Québec City, Hydro-Québec and the Agence de l'efficacité énergétique du Québec to advance zero-emission mobility in Québec. The parties will work together to plan the necessary charging infrastructure and to promote the use of zero-emission vehicles in Québec.
- Raleigh is Nation's first city to test wireless electric vehicle charging systems December 10th, 2012 The City of Raleigh announced today its involvement in the Apollo Program, a nationwide initiative aimed at encouraging the adoption of electric vehicles through the use of wireless charging technology. The program, launched by local startup company Evatran, has...
- Rampart Casino Unveils Coulomb Charging Station for Electric Vehicles EV-Charge America announced that the Rampart Casino / Resort is the first resort worldwide to install networked charging stations for electric vehicles. The charging station is located at the resort valet parking area and customers are now able to refuel their vehicles unattended while they are in the casino/resort for any period of time.
- Raser To Unveil 100 MPG SUV At SAE World Congress In Detroit The full-size SUV is a four-wheel drive Extended-Range Electric Vehicle (E-REV) designed to achieve over 100 mpg in typical local daily driving with near zero emissions by driving up to 40 miles per day in all-electric mode.
- Recargo and Xatori Merge, Furthering Leadership in Plug-In Tech VENICE, CA and MENLO PARK, CA – May 22, 2013 – Recargo, Inc. and Xatori, Inc. today announced that the two companies are merging to revolutionize vehicle software and information services for plug-in mobility. The merger will expand the companies’ ability to offer guidance to drivers and...
- Recargo, Inc. Recargo, Inc. develops mobile applications for drivers of the next generation of connected automobiles. A Los Angeles based mobile application company called Recargo has updated its EV car charger location iPhone and iPad program to include real-time information that is crowd-sourced from users, a news feed that is managed by PluginCars.com, and a photo sharing feature. Users of the Recargo app can leave recommendations for restaurants and nearby shops for others to visit as they wait for their car to charge. Charging stations on the map are accompanied by Google Street View, which has partnered with U.S. Department of Energy on a similar project to create a map of charging units around the country.
- RECORD STATEMENT OF EDTA TO THE HOUSE ENERGY AND WATER DEVELOPMENT APPROPRIATIONS SUBCOMMITTEE RECORD STATEMENT OF BRIAN P. WYNNE, PRESIDENT, ELECTRIC DRIVE TRANSPORTATION ASSOCIATION SUBMITTED TO THE HOUSE ENERGY AND WATER DEVELOPMENT APPROPRIATIONS SUBCOMMITTEE OF THE HOUSE APPROPRIATIONS COMMITTEE MARCH 16, 2007 The nation has come to understand that achieving real...
- Recovery Act Announcement: Obama Administration Awards More than $204 Million for State Energy Programs in 10 States U.S. Department of Energy Secretary Steven Chu announced more than $204 million in Recovery Act funding to support energy efficiency and renewable energy projects in ten states.
- Recovery Act Announcement: Secretary Chu Announces $187 Million to Improve Vehicle Efficiency for Heavy-Duty Trucks and Passenger Vehicles Secretary Chu announced the selection of nine projects totaling more than $187 million to improve fuel efficiency for heavy-duty trucks and passenger vehicles. By 2015, the projects expect to create over 6,000 jobs—many in manufacturing and assembly.
- Remy and MotoCzysz to Start Production of a Revolutionary Electric Drive System- The D1g1tal Dr1ve Remy International, Inc. announces that its subsidiary, Remy Electric Motors, LLC, has entered into an agreement with MotoCzysz LLC to bring a revolutionary, new generation electric drive system to market.
- Remy Electric Motors hfdsgdsdsds
- Remy International Formalizes Long Term Electric Motor Supply Agreement with AMP Holding, Inc. Today, Remy International, Inc. and AMP Holding, Inc.executives signed a long term electric motor supply agreement for the first-ever plug-in electric crossover vehicle.
- Remy International Signs Long Term Supply Agreement with VIA Motors Remy, Inc.’s (otc-pink:RMYI) Electric Motor Division and VIA Motors have announced a joint agreement to supply powertrains for the VIA Extended-Range Electric Vehicle (eREV).
- Remy International, Inc. Chosen to Supply Remy HVH250 Electric Motors to the New All-Electric Aptera 2e Vehicle Today, Remy International, Inc. joined Aptera Motors for a press conference in Carlsbad, California where Remy was announced as the electric motor supplier for the Aptera 2e. Remy will supply HVH250™ electric motors for the new Aptera 2e all-electric vehicle.
- Remy International, Inc. Signs Long-Term Agreement with Enova Systems, Inc. Mar. 9, 2012 - Remy International, Inc., North America’s largest independent manufacturer of advanced electric propulsion motors, and Enova Systems, Inc. (NYSE: ENA and AIM: ENV and ENVS) have signed a long-term electric motor supply agreement. Under the five year agreement, Remy will provide its patented Remy electric motors to Enova for its all-electric drive systems.
- Remy Receives Final Approval from U.S. Department of Energy for $60.2 Million American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Grant U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) officials recently visited the international headquarters of Remy International to meet with company officials and finalize a $60.2 million grant allowing Remy to accelerate standardization and commercialization of their award-winning Remy HVH electric motor technology.
- Renault and Better Place Commit to Volume of 100.000 Fluence ZE in Israel and Denmark Renault and Better Place announced the signature of a definitive agreement that reflects their partnership in Israel and Denmark. The agreement marks nearly two years of development effort in creating the world’s first mass market zero-emission vehicle with switchable battery.
- Renault-Nissan Alliance & United Nations Partner for Zero-Emission Mobility at Rio+20 A fleet of electric vehicles from the Renault-Nissan Alliance is shuttling United Nations delegates at its Conference on Sustainable Development in Rio de Janeiro, the world's largest environmental summit.
- Renault-Nissan Alliance and Daimler AG announce wide-ranging strategic cooperation The Renault-Nissan Alliance and Daimler AG announced a broad strategic cooperation that will enable both groups to already realize benefits quickly from a range of concrete projects as well as sharing of best practices.
- Renault-Nissan Alliance Forms Zero-Emission Vehicle Partnership in Tucson The Renault-Nissan Alliance announced that Nissan and Pima Association of Governments, which represents the Tucson region, are forming a partnership to advance zero-emission mobility by promoting the development of an electric vehicle (EV) charging network.
- Renault-Nissan Alliance Forms Zero-Emission Vehicle Partnership with City of Orlando The Renault-Nissan Alliance announced that Nissan is entering into an agreement with the City of Orlando and the Orlando Utilities Commission to advance zero-emission mobility in the Orlando area by promoting the development of an electric-vehicle charging network and policies to support widespread adoptions of electric cars.
- Renault-Nissan Alliance Forms Zero-Emission Vehicle Partnership with State of Massachusetts As part of the agreement, Nissan and the State of Massachusetts will develop plans to promote a charging infrastructure for electric cars that encourages home and workplace charging, as well as a public charging infrastructure.
- Renault-Nissan to Provide 15,000 Vehicles in Exclusive International Contract with Danone The Renault-Nissan Alliance will provide 15,000 vehicles in an exclusive fleet contract with the Paris-based nutritional food company Danone. The first-of-its-kind deal for the Alliance provides a full range of vehicles to Danone in 25 countries for at least five years.
- Rep. Anna Eshoo (CA) introduces HR 1742: Deployment and Integration of Electric Vehicles Rep. Anna G. Eshoo (D – CA) this week introduced a bill that will promote the deployment and integration of electric vehicles in regions across the country. H.R.1742 will allow state or local governments to apply to the Secretary of Energy for financial assistance in furthering the regional deployment of electricity powered vehicles, including plug-in hybrids.
- Report - EDTA Media Coverage Dashboard (07-Jul-2011) EDTA Media Coverage Dashboard for FY 2011
- Report 2001: ATDP, INEEL Gen 1 Final Report - Sept 2001 Advanced Technology Development Program for Lithium-Ion Batteries: INEEL Gen 1 Final Report, Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory - September 2001
- Report 2001: Calendar-life studies of ATDP - March 2001 Calendar-Life Studies of Advanced Technology Development Program Gen 1 Lithium Ion Batteries, U.S. Department of Energy - March 2001
- Report 2001: Cycle-life studies of ATDP - March 2001 Cycle-Life Studies of Advanced Technology Development Program Gen 1 Lithium Ion Batteries, U.S. Department of Energy - March 2001
- Report 2001: Uncertainty study of INEEL, Volume 1 - Dec 2001 Uncertainty Study of INEEL EST Laboratory Battery Testing Systems, Volume 1, Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory - December 2001
- Report 2002: ATDP, INEEL Interim Report for Gen 2 Cycle-Life Testing - Sept 2002 Advanced Technology Development Program for Lithium-Ion Batteries: INEEL Interim Report for Gen 2 Cycle-Life Testing, Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory - September 2002
- Report 2003: ATDP, Gen 2 Performance Evaluation Interim Report - Feb 2003 Advanced Technology Development Program for Lithium-Ion Batteries: Gen 2 Performance Evaluation Interim Report, Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory - February 2003
- Report 2003: Uncertainty study of INEEL, Volume 2 - March 2003 Uncertainty Study of INEEL EST Laboratory Battery Testing Systems, Volume 2, Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory - March 2003
- Report 2006: ATDP, Gen 2 GDR Performance Evaluation Report - July 2006 Advanced Technology Development Program for Lithium-Ion Batteries: Gen 2 GDR Performance Evaluation Report, Idaho National Laboratory - July 2006
- Report 2006: ATDP, Gen 2 Performance Evaluation Final Report - July 2006 Advanced Technology Development Program for Lithium-Ion Batteries: Gen 2 Performance Evaluation Final Report, Idaho National Laboratory - July 2006
- Report 2006: Cost-Benefit analysis of plug-in hybrid - Oct 2006 Cost-Benefit Analysis of Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle Technology, National Renewable Energy Laboratory - October 2006
- Report 2007: Battery Requirements for PHEVs - 2-Dec-2007 Battery Requirements for Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles: Analysis and Rationale, National Renewable Energy Laboratory - December 2, 2007
- Report 2007: Full Fuel Cycle Assessment - Feb-2007 Full Fuel Cycle Assessment: Tank to Wheels Emissions and Energy Consumption, California Energy Commission - February, 2007
- Report 2007: Plug-in Hybrids, a Path to emissions - Nov 2007 Plug-in Hybrids (PHEVs): A Path to Emissions Reduction and Energy Security, Tiax LLC - November 2007
- Report 2007: Status and prospects for zero-emission - 13-Apr-2007 Status and Prospects for Zero Emissions Vehicle Technology, California Air Resources Board - April 13, 2007
- Report 2008: On the Road in 2035 - July 2008 On the Road in 2035: Reducing Transportation's Petroleum Consumption and GHG Emissions, Laboratory for Energy and the Environment at MIT - July 2008
- Report 2008: Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle Charging - Nov 2008 Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure Review, Idaho National Laboratory - November 2008
- Report 2008: Solar Energy Grid Integration - May 2008 Solar Energy Grid Integration Systems-Energy Storage (SEGIS-ES), Sandia National Laboratories - May 2008
- Report 2009: Belgium, Opportunities for EVs - July 2009 Belgium: Opportunities for Electric Vehicles, Parts and Systems, U.S. Department of Commerce - July 2009
- Report 2009: Driving Transportation Innovation - Oct 2009 Driving Transportation Innovation, Next 10 - October 2009
- Report 2009: Electrifying cars, how three - 2009 Electrifying Cars: How Three Industries Will Evolve, McKinsey & Company - 2009
- Report 2009: Federal Energy and Fleet - June 2009
- Report 2009: Multi-path transportation futures - 22-Jul-2009 Multi-Path Transportation Futures Study: Vehicle Characterization and Scenario Analyses, Argonne National Laboratory - July 22, 2009
- Report 2009: PHEV Battery Cost Assessment - 19-May-2009 PHEV Battery Cost Assessment, Tiax LLC - May 19, 2009
- Report 2009: Project Get Ready - 19-Mar-2009 Project Get Ready, Rocky Mountain Institute - March 19, 2009
- Report 2009: Proposed Rulemaking to establish - Sept 2009 Proposed Rulemaking to Establish Light-Duty Vehicle GHG Emission Standards and CAFE Standards, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency & National Highway Traffic Safety Administration - September 2009
- Report 2009: Roads toward a low-carbon - March 2009 Roads Toward a Low-Carbon Future: Reducing CO2 Emissions from Passenger Vehicles in the Global Road Transportation System, McKinsey & Company - March 2009
- Report 2009: Spain, IDAE Vehicle Demonstration Project - April 2009 Spain: IDAE Vehicle Demonstration Project, U.S. Department of Commerce - April 2009
- Report 2009: Summary of Staff's Preliminary - 25-Nov-2009 Summary of Staff’s Preliminary Assessment of the Need for Revisions to the Zero Emission Vehicle Regulation, California Air Resources Board - November 25, 2009
- Report 2010: Battery Electric and Plug-in - Jan 2010 Battery Electric and Plug-in Vehicles: The Definitive Assessment of the Business Case, IHS Global Insight - January 2010
- Report 2010: Capitalize on Opportunities provided - 29-Apr-2010 Capitalize on Opportunities Provided by Electric Vehicles, Navigant Consulting - April 29, 2010
- Report 2010: Characterizing Consumers' interest in - 19-May-2010 Characterizing Consumers' Interest in and Infrastructure Expectations for Electric Vehicles: Research Design and Survey Results, Electric Power Research Institute - May 19, 2010
- Report 2010: Croatia, Opportunities for EVs - July 2010 Croatia: Opportunities for Electric Vehicles, Parts and Systems, U.S. Department of Commerce - July 2010
- Report 2010: Czech Republic, Assessment of opportunities for EVs - June 2010 Czech Republic: Assessment of Opportunities for Electric Vehicles, Parts and Systems, U.S. Department of Commerce - June 2010
- Report 2010: Drive Green 2020, sample - November 2010 Drive Green 2020 (Sample), JD Power & Associates - November 2010
- Report 2010: Feedback on CARB's Zero-Emission - 6-Jan-2011 Feedback on CARB's Zero-Emission Vehicle Staff Technical Report, California Air Resources Board - January 6, 2010
- Report 2010: How the Smart Grid enables - Sept 2010 How the Smart Grid Enables Utilities to Integrate Electric Vehicles (Whitepaper), SilverSpring Networks - September 2010
- Report 2010: Italy, Opportunities for EVs - Sept 2010 Italy: Opportunities for Electric Vehicles, Parts and Systems, U.S. Department of Commerce - September 2010
- Report 2010: Marrying Electric Transportation to - 3-May-2010 Marrying Electric Transportation to the Electric System: EVSEs and Distribution Impacts, Electric Power Research Institute - May 3, 2010
- Report 2010: Plan NYC, exploring electric - Jan 2010 Plan NYC: Exploring Electric Vehicle Adoption in New York City, City of New York - January 2010
- Report 2010: Plug-in Electric Vehicle Infrastructure - 8-Apr-2010 Plug-in Electric Vehicle Infrastructure: A Foundation for Electrified Transportation, National Renewable Energy Laboratory - April 8, 2010
- Report 2010: Plug-In Hybrid Electric School - 12-Feb-2010 Plug-In Hybrid Electric School Bus Project: 2010 Program Report, Advanced Energy - February 12, 2010
- Report 2010: Portugal, Opportunities for EVs - Aug 2010 Portugal: Opportunities for Electric Vehicles, Parts and Systems, U.S. Department of Commerce - August 2010
- Report 2010: The Business Case for - September-2010 The Business Case for Fuel Cells, Fuel Cells 2000 - September, 2010
- Report 2010: The Cost of Vehicle Electrification - 8-Apr-2010 The Cost of Vehicle Electrification: A Literature Review, Sloan Automotive Laboratory at MIT - April 8, 2010
- Report 2010: Transit Bus Technology Feasibility - Dec 2010 Transit Bus Technology Feasibility Study, Advanced Energy - December 2010
- Report 2010: Transportation Electrification,Grid Impacts - EPRI - 15-Mar-2010 Transportation Electrification: Grid Impacts of Plug-In Electric Vehicles, Electric Power Research Institute - March 15, 2010
- Report 2011: Alternative fuels as a military - 20-Jul-2011 Alternative Fuels as a Military Strategy, The Heritage Foundation - July 20, 2011
- Report 2011: An Assessment of the - May 2011 An Assessment of the Price Impacts of Electric Vehicles on the PJM Market, PJM and Better Place - May 2011
- Report 2011: Assessing Readiness for Electric Vehicle Charging - October 2011 National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Report 2011: Assessment of Fuel Economy - 2011 Assessment of Fuel Economy Technologies for Light-Duty Vehicles, National Research Council - 2011
- Report 2011: Battery Manufacturing for Hybrid - 22-Mar-2011
- Report 2011: Breaking the habit, eliminating - April 2011 Breaking the Habit: Eliminating our Dependence on Oil from the Gulf of Mexico by 2020, the Persian Gulf by 2023, and all other Nations by 2033, Oceana - April 2011
- Report 2011: Charging Forward, Electric vehicle - April 2011 Charging Forward: Electric Vehicle Survey, Pricewaterhouse Coopers - April 2011
- Report 2011: Charging Station Installation Handbook - 18-Apr-2011 Charging Station Installation Handbook for Electrical Contractors and Inspectors, Advanced Energy - April 18, 2011
- Report 2011: Deployment Rollout Estimate of - Jan 2011 Deployment Rollout Estimate of Electric Vehicles, 2011-2015, Center for Automotive Research , January 2011
- Report 2011: DOE Strategic Plan - May 2011 D.O.E. Strategic Plan, U.S. Department of Energy - May 2011
- Report 2011: Driving efficiency, cutting costs - 29-Jul-2011 Driving Efficiency: Cutting Costs for Families at the Pump and Slashing Dependence on Oil, White House - July 29, 2011
- Report 2011: Dual influences on vehicle speeds - Sept 2011 Sep. 2011 - University of California Berkeley looks at carpool lanes
- Report 2011: Economic Analysis of Deploying - June 2011 Economic Analysis of Deploying Used Batteries in Power Systems, Oak Ridge National Laboratory - June 2011
- Report 2011: Electric Vehicle Geographic Forecasts - Jan 2011 Jan 2011 - Geographic forecasts for EVs from Pike Research
- Report 2011: Electric Vehicles, Reducing Foreign - 1-May-2011 Electric Vehicles: Reducing Foreign Oil Dependence, Enhancing U.S. Competitiveness and Decreasing Pollution, The PEW Environment Group - May 2011
- Report 2011: Electricity sector overview Electricity Sector Overview, PEW Center on Golbal Climate Change - June 2011
- Report 2011: Electricity Storage, Technologies and - June 2011 Electricity Storage: Technology and Regulation, National Regulatory Research Institute - June 2011
- Report 2011: Energy & Resources Predictions 2012 - Dec 2011 Energy & Resources Predictions 2012, Deloitte - December 2011
- Report 2011: Energy efficiency resource standards - June 2011 Energy Efficiency Resource Standards: State and Utility Strategies for Higher Energy Savings, American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy - June 2011
- Report 2011: Energy Storage Industry - 2011 Energy Storage Industry, Alternative Energy and Cleantech Review , 2011
- Report 2011: Enhancing the feasibility of - April 2011 Enhancing the feasibility of Electric Vehicles in New York City, Columbia University - April 2011
- Report 2011: Executive Summary: Neighborhood Electric Vehicles - 2011 Executive Summary: Neighborhood Electric Vehicles, Pike Research - 2011
- Report 2011: Fuel Economy Guide MY 2012 - 10-Nov-2011 Fuel Economy Guide, Model Year 2012, U.S. Department of Energy - November 10, 2011
- Report 2011: Germany, Alternative Drives - April 2011 Germany: Alternative Drives - Hybrid, Electric and Fuel Cell Technology Vehicles, U.S. Department of Commerce - April 2011
- Report 2011: Gobbling Less Gas For - Nov 2011 Gobbling Less Gas for Thanksgiving, Environment America - November 2011
- Report 2011: Growth outlook for hybrid - Sep 2011 Growth Outlook for Hybrid and Electric MCVs-HCVs on Both Sides of the Atlantic, Frost & Sullivan - September 2011
- Report 2011: How state governments enable - May 2011 How State Governmnets Enable Local Governments to Advance Energy Efficiency, American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy - May 2011
- Report 2011: Interim Test Procedures for Evaluating - June 2011 Interim Test Procedures for Evaluating Electrical Performance and Grid Integration of Vehicle-to-Grid Applications, National Renewable Energy Laboratory - June 2011
- Report 2011: List of EV Battery - 28-Jun-2011 List of EV Battery Makers & EV Makers (Draft), EDTA - June 28, 2011
- Report 2011: Made in America, Again - Aug 2011 Made in America, Again, The Boston Consulting Group - August 2011
- Report 2011: Making the Connection - June 2011 Making the Connection: The Plug-In Vehicle Infrastructure Strategy, UK Office of Low Emission Vehicles - June 2011
- Report 2011: Net Air Emissions from 10-Feb-2011 Net Air Emissions from EVs: The Effect of Carbon Price and Charging Strategies, American Chemical Society - February 10, 2011
- Report 2011: Plug-in Electric Vehicle Handbook - Sept 2011 Report: Plug-in Electric Vehicle Handbook for Consumers, U.S. Department of Energy, EERE - September 2011
- Report 2011: Plug-In Electric Vehicles & Infrastructure 101 - 23-Jun-2011 Plug-In Electric Vehicles & Infrastructure 101, Advanced Energy - June 23, 2011
- Report 2011: Plug-in Electric Vehicles - Feb-2011 Plug-in Electric Vehicles: A Practical Plan for Progress, Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs at Indiana University - February, 2011
- Report 2011: Plugging-in, a consumer - 26-Apr-2011 Plugging-in: A Consumer Guide to Electric Vehicles, Electric Power Research Institute - April 26, 2011
- Report 2011: Powering Autos to 2020 (Presentation) - 14-Jun-2011 Powering Autos to 2020: The Era of the Electric Car? (Presentation), Boston Consulting Group - June 14, 2011
- Report 2011: Powering Autos to 2020, July 2011 Powering Autos to 2020: The Era of the Electric Car?, Boston Consulting Group - July 2011
- Report 2011: Powering Innovation - Dec 2011 Powering Innovation, Next 10 - December 1, 2011
- Report 2011: Public Opinion on Electric - 2-Feb-2011
- Report 2011: Ready, Set, Charge, California - Nov 2011 Ready, Set, Charge, California!, ABAG, BACC, CFC, EVCA, LMC - November 1, 2011
- Report 2011: Report of the first quadrennial - Sept 2011 Sept 2011 - First quadrennial review report by U.S. DoE
- Report 2011: Road to Clean Air - May 2011 Road to Clean Air: Fact Sheet, American Lung Association - May 2011
- Report 2011: Roadmap - SDG&E - June 2011 Roadmap, San Diego Gas & Electric - June 2011
- Report 2011: Sizing the Clean Economy - July 2011 Sizing the Clean Economy, The Brookings Institution - July 2011
- Report 2011: State of the states - June 2011 State of the States: Fuel Cells in America, Fuel Cells 2000 - June 2011
- Report 2011: Supplying Ingenuity, U.S. Suppliers - Aug 2011 Supplying Ingenuity: U.S. Suppliers of Clean, Fuel-Efficient Vehicle Technologies, Natural Resources Defense Council - August 2011
- Report 2011: Surface Transportation Reauthorization Legislation - 14-Dec-2011 Surface Transportation Reauthorization Legislation in the 112th Congress: Summary of Selected Major Provisions, Congressional Research Service - December 14, 2011
- Report 2011: Sweden, Electric and Hybrid Vehicles - March 2011 Sweden: Electric and Hybrid Vehicles, U.S. Department of Commerce - March 2011
- Report 2011: The EV Project: Q2 2011 Report - 10-Aug-2011 The EV Project: Q2 2011 Report, ECOtality - August 10, 2011
- Report 2011: The future of urban mobililty - Oct 2011 The Future of Urban Mobility, Arthur D. Little - October 1, 2011
- Report 2011: The Impact of Clean - June 2011 The Impact of Clean Energy Innovation, Google - June 2011
- Report 2011: The Road Ahead Newsletter - July 2011 The Road Ahead (Newsletter), International Energy Agency - July 2011
- Report 2011: The Shift to Electric - Nov 2011 The Shift to Electric Vehicles, IBM - November 2011
- Report 2011: The Slow Road to Going - Aug 2011 The Slow Road to Going Green, JD Power & Associates - August 2011
- Report 2011: The Utility Guide to - EEI - Nov-2011 The Utility Guide to Plug-in Electric Vehicle Readiness, Edison Electric Institute in collaboration with EDTA - November 1, 2011
- Report 2011: Transportation Electrification, a Technology - 24-Oct-2011 Transportation Electrification: A Technology Overview, Electric Power Research Institute - October 24, 2011
- Report 2011: Transportation Electrification, A Technology - July 2011 Transportation Electrification: A Technology Overview, Electric Power Research Institute - July 18, 2011
- Report 2011: Travel 2020 Panel Discussion - Dec 2011 Travel 2020 Panel Discussion: Urban Mobility Trends Driving a New Era of Travel Solutions, Frost & Sullivan - December 2011
- Report 2011: Unplugged: electric vehicle realities - Sept 2011 Sept 2011 - Report by Deloitte about Consumer expectations for EVs
- Report 2011: Utility Guide to Plug-in Electric Vehicle Readiness -01-Nov-2011 Edison Electric Institute
- Report 2011: Will electric cars transform - July 2011 Will Electric Cars transform the U.S. Vehicle Market?, Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs - July 2011
- Report 2012: 2012 State Clean Energy - May-2012 2012 State Clean Energy Index, Clean Edge - May, 2012
- Report 2012: 4th Quarter Report 2011 - 17-Feb-2012 Q4 2011 Report, The EV Project - February 17, 2012
- Report 2012: Action Plan to Integrate Plug-in Electric Vehicles with the U.S. Electrical Grid -01-Mar-2012 Center for Climate and Energy Solutions
- Report 2012: An Action Plan To - Mar-2012 An Action Plan to Integrate Plug-In Electrical Vehicles with the U.S. Electrical Grid, Center for Climate and Energy Solutions - March, 2012
- Report 2012: Battery Technology Charges Ahead - Jul-2012 Battery Technology Charges Ahead, McKinsey - July, 2012
- Report 2012: Broad Coalition Offers Plan - 13-Mar-2012 Broad Coalition Offers Plan to Accelerate Adoption of Plug-In Electric Vehicles, Center for Climate and Energy Solutions - March 13, 2012
- Report 2012: California Zero Emissions Vehicle Plan -23-Mar-2012 UC Davis Institute of Transportation Studies
- Report 2012: Charging Forward The Emergence - 10-Jul-2012 Charging Forward: The Emergence of Electric Vehicles and their Role in Reducing Oil Consumption, Environment America Research & Policy Center - July 10, 2012
- Report 2012: Clean Cities PEV Fleet - Apr-2012 Plug-in Electric Vehicle Handbook for Fleet Managers, U.S. Department of Energy - April 2012
- Report 2012: Distributed Energy Storage Serving - Feb 2012 Distributed Energy Storage: Serving National Interests (Executive Summary), National Alliance for Advanced Batteries - February 2012
- Report 2012: Distributed Energy Storage Serving - Feb 2012
- Report 2012: EV City Casebook - May 2012 EV City Casebook: A Look at the Global Electric Vehicle Movement, RMI, EVI, IEA - May 2012
- Report 2012: Greenhouse Gas Emissions from - Dec-2011 Greenhouse Gas Emissions from a Typical Passenger Vehicle, EPA - December 2011
- Report 2012: Impact of Electric Vehicle Charging - 6-May-2012 A First Look at the Impact of Electric Vehicle Charging on the Electric Grid in The EV Project, EVS26 , May 06, 2012
- Report 2012: Lessons Learned - 5-May-2012 Lessons Learned, The EV Project - May 30, 2012
- Report 2012: Lessons Learned: EV Microclimate - 30-May-2012 Lessons Learned: The EV Microclimate, The EV Project - May 30, 2012
- Report 2012: Lessons Learned: White Paper - Apr-20-2012 Lessons Learned: The White Paper Syllabus, The EV Project - April 20, 2012
- Report 2012: Lithium-ion Batteries and Nanotechnology - 26-Apr-2012 Lithium-ion Batteries and Nanotechnology for Electric Vehicles: A Life Cycle Assessment, EPA - April 26, 2012
- Report 2012: Los Angeles County, The New - May 2012 Los Angeles County: The New Leader in Electric Vehicles, LA County Economic Development Corporation - May 2012
- Report 2012: Standardization Roadmap for Electric - April 2012 Standardization Roadmap for Electric Vehicles, American National Standards Institute - April 2012
- Report 2012: State of Charge - Apr-2012 State of Charge, Union of Concerned Citizens - April, 2012
- Report 2012: The Blueprint for a - 12-Mar-2012 The Blueprint for a Secure Energy Future: Progress Report, The White House - March 12, 2012
- Report 2012: The Future of the -2011 The Future of the Electric Grid, MIT - 2011
- Report: Utility Perspectives on PEV Readiness: Electricity as a Transportation Fuel Edison Electric Institute
- Richmond NASCAR winner Clint Bowyer launches Toyota Prius Dream Build 'Tekked-Out Prius' Puts Bowyer in Another Chase—to Win Toyota Racing Dream Build Challenge
- Rivière-du-Loup becomes the first city in the Bas-Saint-Laurent to join the Electric Circuit Montreal - May 8, 2013 - The founding partners of the Electric Circuit—Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert, RONA, METRO, the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) and Hydro-Québec—are pleased to announce the signing of a partnership agreement with the city of Rivière-du-Loup for the...
- Rockwood Holdings Rockwood is a leading specialty chemicals and advanced materials producer. With annual sales of approximately $3 billion, 10,500 employees and 88 manufacturing facilities in more than two-dozen countries, they are a global family of world-class specialty chemicals and advanced materials businesses. Chemetall Lithium and Fine Chemicals is a world leading manufacturer of lithium-based compounds and an innovative developer of metal-based fine chemicals for use in specialty applications. Chemetall has lithium production facilities in the United States, Chile, Germany and Taiwan.
- Rockwood Lithium Increases Butyllithium Prices Princeton, NJ USA (October 15, 2012) – Rockwood Lithium, a division of Rockwood Holdings Inc. (NYSE: ROC), announced that prices for butyllithium will be increased by 4 to 6 percent, effective today, as contracts permit. "The company is taking this action to recover the increased costs for...
- Rockwood Lithium Officially Opens Its Expanded Kings Mountain Facilities Rockwood Lithium opened its state-of-the art lithium hydroxide plant and its Global Technical Center in Kings Mountain, N.C. at an inaugural event on June 29, 2012.
- Rocky Mountain Power and VIA Motors Team to Launch First Electric Pick-Up Trucks in Utah In a press conference on the steps of the Utah State Capitol today, with a 100-year-old utility fleet truck on one side new electric pick-up truck the other, Utah Governor Gary Herbert announced that Utah would be one of the first states in the nation to demonstrate new electric pick-up trucks by Utah-based VIA Motors, in partnership with the state’s 100-year-old electric utility, Rocky Mountain Power.
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District The Sacramento Municipal Utility District is a community owned electric utility governed by a seven-member Board of Directors. Serving 592,000 customers and a total population of about 1.4 million, SMUD is the sixth-largest public utility in the country.
- SAE International Develops New Standard for Communication Between Plug-In Electric Vehicle and Utility Grid As plug-in electric vehicles become more common in garages and carports around the nation, the result will be an increased demand on local utility grids that supply the power to charge them.
- SAE International Forms New Committee to Create Vehicle Battery Standards The continued development of new and advanced battery technologies will play a critical role as vehicle manufacturers increase the availability of hybrid-electric vehicles.
- SAE International Introduces New Standard to Measure Exhaust Emissions and Fuel Economy of Hybrid Vehicles With the increase in both popularity and production of hybrid and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) worldwide, attention often turns to the exhaust emissions and fuel economy of such vehicles. A new revised standard from SAE International provides the procedures to accurately measure both of these readings.
- SAE International releases new fast-charging WARRENDALE, Pa., Oct. 15, 2012 - SAE International’s much-anticipated technical standard for plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) and electric vehicles (EV) has been approved and published. Developed in a consensus environment by more than 190 global experts representing...
- Saft lithium-ion batteries selected by Green Charge Networks to support NYC smart grid demonstration program Feb. 16, 2012 - Saft, the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of high-tech industrial batteries, was selected by Green Charge Networks (GCN) to support its role in a $92 million Smart Grid Demonstration Project.
- Saint-Laurent becomes the first municipal administration to join The Electric Circuit The founding partners of The Electric Circuit—Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert, RONA, METRO, the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) and Hydro-Québec—are pleased to announce the signing of a partnership agreement with the borough of Saint-Laurent for the installation of about ten public charging stations in its municipal and commercial parking lots by fall 2013.
- Sakti3 Announces Strategic Investments by General Motors Ventures and Itochu Technology Ventures, Plans to Accelerate Product Planning Sakti3, Inc., an Ann Arbor-based developer of next-generation lithium-ion batteries, announces the investment of $4.2M by General Motors Ventures and Itochu Technology Ventures to advance the firm's manufacturing capabilities. The companies also plan to work together to speed commercialization of Sakti3 battery cells. The two, new strategic investors join previous investors Khosla Ventures and Beringea.
- San Diego Gas & Electric SDG&E is a regulated public utility that provides safe and reliable energy service to 3.4 million consumers through 1.4 million electric meters and 830,000 natural gas meters in San Diego and southern Orange counties. In August of 2006, SDG&E established the Clean Transportation Program. This program addresses the growing interest by SDG&E customers in a variety of alternative electric transportation technologies, including electric vehicles. Driven by the national priorities to reduce fuel consumption, promote the use of electricity as an alternative fuel, reduce dependence on foreign oil and also to assist in achieving the environmental priorities for the state of California relative to transportation, we want to support our customers in identifying clean transportation opportunities in the San Diego service area.
- San Diego selected as target market for largest transportation electrification project in U.S. history San Diego Gas & Electric, San Diego Association of Governments and Electric Transportation Engineering Corporation announced that eTec, a leader in the research, development and testing of advanced transportation and energy systems, has been selected by the U.S. Department of Energy to implement the largest transportation electrification project in U.S. history through a $99.8 million grant.
- San Mateo County's Largest Condominium/MDU Shelter Creek to Unveil ChargePoint Electric Vehicle Charging Stations at Grand Opening Event January 19th at 1:00 PM in San Bruno; Prizes, Latest Electric Vehicles on Display Campbell, California January 17, 2013 –Shelter Creek Condominiums, San Mateo County's largest MDU (Multi-dwelling Unit) community located in San Bruno, will unveil ChargePoint EV charging stations to...
- Scania testing unique hybrid buses in Stockholm To further improve the environment in the Swedish capital, Scania is now starting full-scale operational trials with six ethanol-fuelled hybrid buses. The hybrid technology will reduce fuel consumption by 25 percent.
- Schaeffler Presents Product Portfolio for Electric Mobility as Part of a Variable Advance Development Project The Schaeffler Group has developed a car full of ideas called the "Schaeffler Hybrid". The vehicle is part of an advance development project that enables a practical comparison of the various options available for e-mobility to be made. The vehicle demonstrates various vehicle configurations and driving conditions. This means the Schaeffler Hybrid not only has a volume produced combustion engine from a basic vehicle, but also has a central electric motor and two wheel hub motors.
- Schneider Electric Joins Electric Drive Transportation Association Washington, DC - March 26, 2013 - The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA), the leading industry association dedicated to promoting electric drive as a core technology on the road to sustainable mobility, recently welcomed new member company Schneider Electric. ...
- Scion iQ EV arrives for campus and urban car-sharing programs DENVER, Oct. 17, 2012 – Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc. today announced the arrival of the 2013 Scion iQ EV in the United States. The iQ EV is a battery- electric four-seater city commuter car designed for car-sharing programs, in urban and campus environments. “Toyota believes...
- Screenshot - Current EDTA website (07-Jul-2011)
- Screenshot - Proposed EDTA website (07-Jul-2011)
- SDG&E Receives Smart Grid Award, Praised For Using Technology To Promote Customer Engagement SAN DIEGO- April 11, 2013 - /PRNewswire/ -- San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) has recently earned two national recognitions that demonstrate the utility's momentum in developing a smart grid for the benefit of the region. SDG&E received the "Top Ten Best North American...
- Seattle Mayor announces electric car partnership Mayor Greg Nickels announced that the City of Seattle and Nissan North America will work together to promote the development of electric vehicles and charging infrastructure.
- Seattle recognized as global E-Visionary city; Electric Vehicle Association honors mayor for sustainable transportation SEATTLE - May 13, 2009--On Friday, May 15, Mayor Greg Nickels will receive the E-Visionary award from the World Electric Vehicle Association. The international award, to be presented at the 24th International Electric Vehicle Symposium, recognizes leadership in adopting clean,...
- Seattle’s New Aspira Apartment Tower Installs Coulomb ChargePoint Networked Charging Stations for Electric Vehicles Coulomb Technologies today announced its first installation of its ChargePoint® Networked Charging Stations for electric vehicles in Seattle.
- Second GM Facility Receives ENERGY STAR Certification Energy efficient distribution center also named 100th landfill-free site
- Secretary Chu Announces $41.9 Million to Spur Growth of Fuel Cell Markets To expand the use of clean and renewable energy sources and reduce America's dependence on foreign oil, Energy Secretary Steven Chu announced $41.9 million in American Recovery and Reinvestment Act funding for fuel cell technology.
- Secretary Chu Announces Best Buy, Johnson Controls, Pacific Gas and Electric, and Veolia to Join National Clean Fleets Partnership Mar. 5, 2012 - Energy Secretary Steven Chu today announced that four new corporate partners—Best Buy, Johnson Controls, Pacific Gas and Electric, and Veolia—are joining the Energy Department's National Clean Fleets Partnership, a broad public-private partnership that assists the nation's largest fleet operators in reducing the amount of gasoline and diesel they use nationwide.
- Secretary Chu Announces Closing of $1.4 Billion Loan to Nissan U.S. Secretary of Energy Steven Chu announced a $1.4 billion loan agreement with Nissan North America, Inc. to retool their Smyrna, Tennessee factory to build advanced electric automobiles and an advanced battery manufacturing facility.
- Secretary Chu Announces Nearly $300 Million in Clean Cities Grants to Support Clean Fuels, Vehicles, and Infrastructure Development These projects will speed the transformation of the nation's vehicle fleet, putting more than 9,000 alternative fuel and energy efficient vehicles on the road, and establishing 542 refueling locations across the country.
- Secretary Chu's Remarks at Detroit Economic Club Jan. 11, 2012 - U.S. Secretary of Energy Steven Chu announces the formation of the Energy Innovation Hub research center in his speech at at the Detroit Economic Club. The goal: to develop fresh concepts and approaches to making electric drive batteries that last longer, go farther and cost less.
- Secretary Chu: President’s Energy Budget Creates Jobs, Restores America’s Scientific Leadership and Puts Nation on the Path to Energy Independence U.S. Energy Secretary Steven Chu detailed President Barack Obama’s $26.4 billion Fiscal Year 2010 budget request for the Department of Energy.
- Semcon Cooperating with Volvo Cars to Develop Plug-in Hybrid Technology Over the past year, Semcon has been working with Volvo Cars’ development of 3 demo plug-in hybrids in a cooperation project between Volvo Cars, Vattenfall, ETC and Energimyndigheten (The Swedish Energy Agency).
- Senator Murkowski Seeks Comments on Draft Legislation to Address Nation’s Critical Minerals Supply Chain U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, today released a discussion draft of legislation designed to revitalize the nation's critical minerals supply chain. Murkowski is asking for public comments on the draft by May 6.
- Seoul to Install Over 100 EV Chargers to Promote Eco-Friendly Electric Vehicles The Seoul Metropolitan Government plans to install more than 100 EV charging points until the end of this year.
- Separating fact from fiction: the truth about electric vehicles from the Renault-Nissan alliance PARIS - Some people have funny ideas. On the eve of the Paris Motor Show we asked a number of Parisians a few questions about electric vehicles. Their answers varied from the almost right to the completely wrong! We decided the best way to get to the truth was to...
September 18, 2008 Policy Update: Energy Bill Passed!
Click "Read more" to see details from the September 18, 2008 Policy Update.
- September 2008 Policy Update Click "Read more" to read the September 2008 Policy Outlook by Genevieve Cullen, which includes information about the Energy Summit, Floor Action, Senate Energy Hearing, and the next Policy committee meeting.
- September 26, 2008 Policy Update Policy Update - September 26, 2008 Congress is hurtling toward adjournment with multiple major legislative items being pulled along in its wake. Work will continue this weekend to finish a financial industry bail-out plan, as well as legislation to keep funding government operations, and...
- Sequoia Solar Brings Couloumb EV Charging Stations to San Diego Sequoia Solar announced they will unveil their first networked solar-powered electric vehicle charging station.
- Setting a good example for the region Regional pioneer: using the first hybrid drive truck to be mass-produced in Europe
- Siemens Siemens Corporate Research (SCR), a division of Siemens Corporation, is comprised of more than 200 of the world’s most talented scientists, engineers and technical experts from over two dozen countries. Cross-functional research teams bring together a broad range of technical and business expertise from different disciplines. Siemens Corporate Research has pioneered a broad range of innovations used today by industry and government. Our knowledge of complex scientific, technological, and business issues helps our customers develop and introduce new products and solutions that have impacted vital industries. Siemens AG is a global powerhouse in electronics and engineering in industry, energy and healthcare. For over 160 years, Siemens has stood for technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality, and is the world’s largest provider of environmental technologies. Siemens employs approximately 405,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens acquires Brazilian company for smart metering solutions At the beginning of June 2012, the Siemens Infrastructure & Cities Sector acquired Senergy Sistemas de Medição S.A., one of the leading companies for smart metering solutions specialized in offering software and services for the prevention and reduction of non technical losses in the power distribution grid.
- Siemens develops European architecture model for Smart Grids With the Smart Grid Architecture Model (SGAM), Siemens Infrastructure & Cities has developed a method whereby power supply companies and industry can display aspects of smart grid systems.
- Siemens Energy, Inc. and Coulomb Technologies, Inc. Announce Joint Marketing Agreement for an Integrated EV Product Offering in the e-Mobility Market Siemens Energy, Inc. and Coulomb Technologies, Inc. today announced a joint marketing agreement for an integrated electric vehicle product offering in the fast-moving market for e-mobility and state-of-the-art electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) technology, including electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure.
- Siemens Sends Signal of Sustainability at UN-Conference in Rio de Janeiro Statue of Christ glows green with energy-efficient lighting technology from Osram
- Siemens Supplies Solutions for Electric Vehicle Charging to Veterans Affairs Facilities Feb. 24, 2012 - Siemens announced today that it is one of the first companies awarded a General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule 56 contract to provide Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations to the U.S. Government.
- Siemens Unveils the First Custom 'Green' Electric Chopper Siemens has teamed up with Orange County Choppers to build the first custom electric motorcycle.
- Significant Tax Credit Now Available for the Purchase of GEM Electric Vehicles Global Electric Motorcars announced that all GEM battery-electric vehicle models have been certified to the Internal Revenue Service for the Qualified Plug-In Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit, part of the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008.
- Sikorsky Introduces 'Project Firefly™' Electric Helicopter Demonstrator Sikorsky Innovations, the technology development organization of Sikorsky Aircraft, announced today from the Farnborough International Air Show that it has developed an all-electric helicopter technology demonstrator.
- Six ChargePoint Networked Charging Stations for EV Installed in two LEED Developed, Dallas-Based Apartment Communities Coulomb Technologies announced that leading multi-family real estate investment trust UDR, Inc. has purchased six ChargePoint® Networked Charging Stations for its 464-unit apartment community in Dallas, Texas.
- Six months after launch: The Electric Circuit presents positive results Montréal, October 25, 2012 – As the EV 2012 VÉ conference being held in Montreal this week draws to a close, Hydro-Québec, on behalf of The Electric Circuit, presents positive results after the first six months of operation of the first public electric vehicle (EV) charging network in...
- Smart connectivity: the automobile evolves again NB: this story by Leo McCloskey, Vice President, Marketing at Airbiquity was initially published in automotiveworld . Monday, September 17, 2012 - Without discounting the real value of rapid, informed emergency responder services, the car phone of 1992 could...
- smart continues its mobility concept further: market launch for the smart escooter in 2014 “The decision in favor of the escooter has been made,” announced Dr. Joachim Schmidt, Executive Vice President Sales and Marketing, Mercedes-Benz Cars, on the sidelines of the international dealer meeting in Davos, Switzerland.
- Smart Ebikes for Michael Schumacher and Nico Rosberg: Silver Arrow Pilots on Smart Ebikes Mar. 2, 2012 - From now on Michael Schumacher and Nico Rosberg will also be zipping around on cutting-edge two-wheelers.
- Smart forstars: world premiere at the Paris Motor Show An amazing drive - in cinema experience Stuttgart/Paris. smart is reaching for the stars. With the concept vehicle smart forstars the urban global brand is hitting the nerve of a target group that is at home in the cities of the world. The electrically driven smart forstars is an...
- smart Goes on Tour with New Electric Drive MONTVALE, NJ - April 15, 2013 - smart, the iconic microcar, hits the road on an eleven-city tour bringing the all-new smart electric drive to eco-minded urbanites across the country. Each stop on the tour offers an opportunity to drive the most affordable electric vehicle on the market, with...
- Smart Grid Interoperability Standards Roadmap, Electric Power Research Institute - June 2009 Smart Grid Interoperability Standards Roadmap, Electric Power Research Institute - June 2009
- Smart Grid Stimulus Grant to Benefit MGE Customers Madison Gas and Electric (MGE) is receiving a $5.5 million grant from the U.S. Department of Energy. MGE will use the grant to install technologies to boost efficiency, enhance service and improve reliability for customers.
- smart USA Names Coulomb Technologies as Preferred Supplier of EV Charging Stations smart USA has selected Coulomb Technologies as its preferred supplier of charging stations for the company’s smart fortwo electric drive vehicles.
- Smith Electric Vehicle Orders Enova Drive Systems for DOE Funded Program Enova Systems, Inc., a leading innovator of proprietary hybrid and electric drive systems, confirmed today that they have moved toward large scale production supply of its all-electric drive system for the Smith Newton, the world‘s largest battery-electric-powered production truck.
- Smith Electric Vehicles Smith Electric Vehicles U.S. Corporation is an all-electric zero-emissions commercial truck manufacturer. Smith Electric produces the Newton, which is the only medium-duty (class 4-7) all-electric commercial truck on the GSA schedule. The trucks are built in Smith Electric’s Kansas City, Mo., plant. The Newton delivers a top speed of 55 mph and offers end users battery ranges from 50 to 120 miles on a single charge. Smith vehicles offer a payload of over 16,000 pounds and are powered by the latest in Lithium-ion battery cell technology, power management and direct drive trains. They produce zero emissions and are nearly silent. Smith Electric Vehicles is a world leader in new technology commercial electric vehicles, with enhanced performance, speed and range capabilities. Fleet operators in towns and cities now have a cost-effective, zero emission alternative to diesel trucks. Smith Electric Vehicle's customers range from mail delivery companies to major retailers, and include Starbucks and DHL.
- Smith Electric Vehicles Extends Industry-Leading Newton Platform to Production of Class 3 and 4 Commercial Vehicles Smith Electric Vehicles U.S. announced the extension of its industry-leading Newton commercial vehicle platform to Class 3 and 4 models. The vehicles are now available in the U.S. and initial deliveries will take place before the end of the year.
- Smith Electric Vehicles Launches Production of All-Electric Newton Step Van Mar. 6, 2012 - Smith Electric Vehicles Corp. (Smith), a global leader in all-electric commercial vehicles, today unveiled the Newton Step Van, an all-electric, zero-emission vehicle built on the versatile Newton platform that features a walk-in body produced by Indiana-based Utilimaster.
- Smith Electric Vehicles U.S. Makes Offer to Buy Smith Electric Vehicles U.K. from Tanfield Group The transaction includes the purchase of all of the Smith U.S. common stock currently held by Tanfield, as well as the License Agreement by and between Tanfield and Smith U.S., and the intellectual property necessary to allow the combined businesses to operate globally.
- SMUD's Smart Grid Development The Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD), one of the most progressive utilities in the nation, is implementing an advanced operating system for its distribution system, the next foundation piece of the SMUD smart grid.
- Solar Power Darkest Before - May-2012 Solar Power: Darkest Before Dawn, McKinsey & Company - May, 2012
- Solar Trees® Invented by Envision Solar Create Clean Energy, Shaded Parking and Electric Vehicle Charging for Dell Headquarters Envision Solar International's extensive portfolio of solar parking arrays includes a design project for a solar shaded parking structure at Dell's headquarters in Round Rock, Texas. This configuration of Solar Trees®, called a Solar Grove®, located in the Dell employee parking lot generates clean electricity directly from the sun, more than 130kW of solar power annually.
- Some 23 percent less CO2 emissions over its life cycle, and efficiency class A+ rating: E 300 BlueTEC HYBRID is awarded Environmental Certificate Stuttgart (August 28, 2012) - Daimler is a member of the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) www.electricdrive.org With the new E 300 BlueTEC HYBRID, Mercedes-Benz is launching its first diesel passenger car to feature a hybrid drive. The world's most...
- SOTU Factsheet, Electric Vehicles, The White House - January 26, 2011 SOTU Factsheet, Electric Vehicles, The White House - January 26, 2011
- Southern California Edison Southern California Edison (SCE) is one of the largest electric utilities in California, serving more than 14 million people in a 50,000 square-mile area of central, coastal and Southern California, excluding the City of Los Angeles and certain other cities. Edison International is the parent company of Southern California Edison. Edison International, through its subsidiaries, is a generator and distributor of electric power and an investor in infrastructure and energy assets, including renewable energy.
- Southern California Edison Unveils Online 'Plug-in Car Rate Assistant' to Estimate Cost of Fueling Electric Vehicles If you're thinking of buying a plug-in electric vehicle, steer your web browser to www.sce.com/pev to find Southern California Edison's (SCE) new online "Plug-in Car Rate Assistant." It will put customers in the driver's seat to estimate the cost of fueling an electric vehicle and the impact on their electricity bill.
- Southern Company Based in Atlanta, Southern Company is one of the largest generators of electricity in the nation, serving both regulated and competitive markets across the southeastern United States. We participate in all phases of the electric utility business with more than 41,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity and a grid of transmission and distribution lines that would more than circle the earth. Southern Company and its subsidiaries have been serving the Southeast for more than 100 years.
- Spark EV Delivers Exceptional Power, Fast-Charge Capability Fast and fast charging EV by Chevrolet: Chevrolet’s new electric car goes 0-60 mph in under eight seconds; Spark EV; Spark EV fast charging; Spark EV acceleration; Spark EV speed
- Spark EV Electric Motor Manufacturing Begins in Baltimore GM is first domestic automaker to build electric motors and drive units in United States WHITE MARSH, Md. - April 16, 2013 - Until now, electric motors and drive units – the heart and soul of electric vehicles – have been mostly imports. General Motors today commemorated becoming...
- Sprint Selects Airbiquity as a Technology Provider for its Sprint Velocity Solution SEATTLE, Wash. – Nov. 29, 2012 – Sprint, a market leader in engineering and deploying innovative wireless communications services, today announced its selection of Airbiquity as a technology provider for its Sprint Velocity global connected vehicle solution. Airbiquity is a global...
- SPX Service Solutions
- SPX Service Solutions joins the Electric Drive Transportation Association Nov. 10, 2011- The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) — the preeminent industry association dedicated to advancing electric drive as a core technology on the road to sustainable mobility —today announced that SPX Service Solutions has joined the Association.
- SPX Service Solutions to distribute and install Plugless Power wireless electric vehicle charging systems Service Solutions to launch an in-home vehicle and station installation program for Nissan LEAF and Chevrolet Volt owners who purchase Plugless Power wireless charging systems
- SPX Service Solutions to Trial Plugless Power Wireless Charging on Chevrolet Volt Electric Vehicle Service Solutions becomes the first partner to sign onto the second phase of the Apollo Launch Program, a nationwide wireless electric vehicle charging trial started by Evatran
- Standardization Roadmap for U.S. Electric Vehicle Deployment Released The Standardization Roadmap assesses the standards, codes, and regulations, as well as conformance and training programs, needed to facilitate the safe, mass deployment of electric vehicles and charging infrastructure in the United States
- Standarization Roadmap for Electric Vehicles American National Standards Institute
- Stars Aligned: Penn Jillette and the Nissan Leaf Headline in Las Vegas Feb. 12, 2012 - For 35 years Penn Jillette has been making news as part of the beloved magical and comedic duo Penn & Teller.
- Start of Production and Sales of the New smart fortwo electric drive Daimler AG started production of the new smart fortwo electric drive at the smart Hambach plant.
- State Laws and Programs Click here to view the U.S. Department of Energy's comprehensive list of federal and state support for advanced transporation vehicles.
- State of the Air, American Lung Association - April 2009 State of the Air, American Lung Association - April 2009
- Statewide Taskforce Releases North Carolina’s First Plug-in Electric Vehicle Readiness Plans Raleigh, NC — February 19, 2013 - The North Carolina Plug-in Electric Vehicle (PEV) Taskforce, in collaboration with several statewide partners, today released the state’s first PEV Readiness Plan along with four regional plans. The NC PEV Readiness Plans were created through the NC PEV...
- Stimulus 2009: Recovery Grants Spreadsheet 7-14-09 Recovery Act Spreadsheet containing solicitations that are open. The dates bolded on the sheet signify that the solicitation has officially closed and applications can no longer be submitted.
- Stimulus Bill Recognizes Electric Drive Transportation as Critical for Creating Jobs and Breaking Oil Dependence “Electric drive is a major opportunity to create green jobs while reducing our oil consumption and greenhouse gas emissions, and we are pleased that Congress and the President recognize that fact,” said EDTA President Brian Wynne. “The stimulus bill includes critical support for battery manufacturing, recharging infrastructure, and electric drive vehicle deployments in the U.S.
- Stimulus Tracker
- Stretch Electric: World’s First Electric Nissan LEAF Limo Debuts in Tennessee You have never seen anything like it. Inside it's a limo and outside it's a stretched Nissan LEAF. "This is the world's first road-worthy, licensed, street legal electric limousine, and this is it," said Trevor Goulding, director of sales for Embassy Suites Nashville South.
- Study: American Lung Association-State of the Air 2009-April 2009
- Study: Boston Consulting Group-January 2009
- Study: Carnegie Mellon PHEV Study-February 2009
- Study: EPRI-NRDC-PHEV-July 2007
- Study: NHA-Fuel Cells-April 2009
- Study: NIST-EPRI Interim Smart Grid Road Map-June 2009 Study: NIST-EPRI Interim Smart Grid Road Map-June 2009
- Study: PNL-PHEV-Part 1
- Summary of Honda Announcements Regarding New Advanced Environmental Technologies Honda will introduce new advanced environmental technology vehicles, including a battery-electric vehicle and a new plug-in hybrid vehicle, to the U.S. market in 2012, the company announced today in the mid-year address by Honda Motor Co., Ltd., President & CEO Takanobu Ito, in Tokyo, Japan.
- Summary of Honda's CEO Speech on September 21, 2012 [...] As for hybrid vehicles, Honda will adopt three different systems with unique individual characteristics depending on the model in order to fulfill the needs of more customers. As for the lightweight and compact one-motor hybrid system, EV driving range will be...
- Summer Gas: Prices - Beating the Heat with Clean Cars, Environment America - May 2011 Summer Gas Prices: Beating the Heat with Clean Cars, Environment America - May 2011
- Survey: Americans go slower, choose greener goods like new Fusion EcoBoost with $295 auto start-stop technology Recent Ford survey shows 82 percent of Americans are paying more upfront for green products that save money longer term, as many drive slower and take other steps to conserve fuel. New 2013 Ford Fusion offers hybrid-based Auto Start-Stop technology that shuts off the engine at stops to reduce fuel consumption in stop-and-go driving conditions. If just 50,000 customers add the $295 Auto Start-Stop Fusion option, it could save more than 14 million pounds of CO2 emissions and nearly 1 million gallons of gasoline annually. New Fusion is the first vehicle ever to offer the power of choice with fuel-efficient EcoBoost®, EcoBoost with Auto Start-Stop, hybrid and plug-in hybrid powertrains.
- Sydney Installs Nation’s First Public ChargePoint Networked Charging Station for Electric Vehicles Coulomb Technologies today announced their partner distributor ChargePoint Australia unveiled Sydney’s first public ChargePoint® Networked Charging Station for electric vehicles in Derby Place, Glebe Australia. The station was installed by Visionstream and is managed by ChargePoint AU. The charging station will be used for Sydney’s GoGet car share program.
- Tampa Electric Tampa Electric has supplied the Tampa Bay area with electricity since 1899. Its West Central Florida service area covers 2,000 square miles, including all of Hillsborough County and parts of Polk, Pasco and Pinellas counties. The company has 4,400 megawatts of generating capacity and over 667,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers that depend on Tampa Electric for reliable power and value-added energy services.
- Technology Roadmap Electric and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles, International Energy Agency - June 4, 2009 Technology Roadmap: Electric and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles, International Energy Agency - June 4, 2009
- Tennessee Valley Authority The Tennessee Valley Authority, a corporation owned by the U.S. government, provides electricity for 9 million people in parts of seven southeastern states at prices below the national average. TVA, which receives no taxpayer money and makes no profits, also provides flood control, navigation and land management for the Tennessee River system and assists utilities and state and local governments with economic development.
- Terrebonne to offer public charging stations for plug-in electric vehicles Montreal - April 26, 2013 - The founding partners of the Electric Circuit—Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert, RONA, METRO, the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) and Hydro-Québec—are pleased to announce the signing of a partnership agreement with the City of Terrebonne to install four...
- Tesla Expands Retail Network Before Model S Deliveries First U.S. Store of the Year Opening This Week in White Plains, New York
- Tesla Model S blows away the competition and wins Automobile magazine’s “Automobile Of The Year” America’s leading automotive lifestyle magazine picks Model S as the best new car for 2013
- TESLA MODEL S SALES EXCEED TARGET PROFITABILITY GUIDANCE AMENDED UPWARD; 40 KWH BATTERY CANCELLED MARCH 31, 2013 - Tesla Motors announced today that sales of its Model S vehicle exceeded the target provided in the mid-February shareholder letter. As customers who note their Model S serial number this weekend will...
- Tesla Model S wins one of automotive industry’s highest honors: Motor Trend 2013 Car Of The Year Award-winning electric cars: Model S bests a field of 25 powerhouse automotive brands with Motor Trend Car of the year
- Tesla Motors On July 1, 2003, far from Detroit, a new American car company was founded with the goal of building high-performance, zero-emissions electric cars that can travel a practical distance before recharging. In other words, their aim was to build a car the likes of which the world had never seen. Tesla Motors is turning that dream into reality as it sells its first vehicle, the Tesla Roadster. A two-seat sports car powered by a motor with only one moving part, the Tesla Roadster is capable of 135 mpg equivalent, and going from 0-60 mph in about four seconds. Based in Silicon Valley, Tesla Motors is the world’s only manufacturer of serially produced, highway-capable long-range EVs. Following the success of the Roadster, Tesla’s will release a premium EV sedan, the Model S, in 2012. Tesla also supplies electric powertrain components to other automakers, including Daimler and Toyota.
- Tesla Motors accelerates into fall with retail expansion As car production ramps up, Tesla Motors, the electric car maker announces ten more store openings for 2012
- Tesla Motors and Athlon Car Lease Announce First Model S Leasing Program Mar. 6, 2012 - Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) and Athlon Car Lease announced an agreement today to introduce Model S, Tesla’s premium electric sedan, into corporate fleets across Europe.
- Tesla Motors Announces Canadian Pricing for Model S Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) today announced pricing for Model S in Canada. Canadian customers can choose from one of three battery pack sizes, with the base 40 kWh battery pack Model S starting at $64,500 Canadian dollars (CAD) before provincial tax rebates, as may be available. Model S with the 60 kWh battery pack and 85 kWh battery pack will start at $75,200 and $85,900 CAD respectively.
- Tesla Motors announces follow-on offering Tesla Motors, Inc. (NASDAQ: TSLA) announced today a follow-on offering of 4,344,930 shares of its common stock. All 4,344,930 shares are being offered by the company. In addition, the company has granted the underwriter a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 651,740 shares of...
- Tesla Motors Announces Major European Distribution Center in The Netherlands Tesla Motors Europe - Tesla Motors distribution center for Europe in the Netherlands: New Facility Will Serve as Final Model S Assembly Point, Vehicle Distribution Hub and Regional Service Center
- Tesla Motors announces pricing of its follow-on offering Tesla Motors, Inc. (NASDAQ: TSLA)announced today that it has priced and fully allocated its follow-on offering of 6,925,740 shares of common stock at a price to the public of $28.25 per share. In addition, Tesla has granted the underwriter a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional...
- Tesla Motors Announces Retail Expansion as Europe Prepares to Welcome Model S Tuesday, March 5, 2013 - Tesla Motors debuted its Model X design prototype at the Geneva Motor Show today alongside Model S, Tesla’s award winning premium sedan. European production of Model S begins in June, followed by deliveries in July. Tesla is a member of the Electric...
- Tesla Motors brings Model S to the Autobahn for the first time Press preview in Munich marks the beginning of company’s global rollout of Model S
- Tesla Motors Delivers 500th Roadster A New Jersey philanthropist was the 500th person to take ownership of a Tesla Roadster, an important milestone for the world's leading electric vehicle manufacturer.
- Tesla Motors Hires Senior Google Recruiter as World’s Leading Electric Vehicle Manufacturer Expands Staff Tesla Motors has hired senior Google staffing strategist Arnnon Geshuri to lead the automaker’s rapid recruitment of engineers and other key employees.
- Tesla Motors launches revolutionary supercharger enabling convenient long distance driving Drive the Model S electric car anywhere in the country on pure sunlight for free
- Tesla Motors opens first Canadian store Toronto store is first international location to feature Tesla’s new, innovative showroom design
- Tesla Motors Sets European Pricing for Model S Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - Tesla Motors set European pricing today for its award winning Model S premium sedan. European customers will have the opportunity to choose either a 60 or 85 kWh Model S. Country-specific prices can be found on Tesla's website . The Model S -...
- Tesla Motors sets new pricing for award-winning Model S New pricing reflects first increase in four years at only half the rate of inflation
- Tesla Motors Wins Lawsuit Against Auto Dealers in Massachusetts Judge Dismisses Massachusetts State Automobile Dealers Association Lawsuit Friday, January 4, 2013 - Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) won dismissal of a lawsuit brought by the Massachusetts State Automobile Dealers Association claiming Tesla was in violation of Massachusetts law by...
- Tesla Offers Leasing Option for Iconic Roadster Launches Tesla Motors Tesla Motors is now offering the option of leasing the groundbreaking Roadster and Roadster Sport.
- Tesla puts Model S technology on display in Hong Kong Tesla Model S press release: Electric car maker showcases sedan’s advanced electric powertrain at Asia stores
- TESLA REPAYS DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY LOAN NINE YEARS EARLY ONLY AMERICAN CAR COMPANY TO HAVE PAID BACK GOVERNMENT PALO ALTO, Calif. - May 22, 2013 - Tesla Motors announced that it has paid off the entire loan awarded to the company by the Department of Energy in 2010. In addition to payments made in 2012 and Q1 2013, today’s wire of almost...
- Tesla takes more than 500 Model S reservations in a week Tesla Motors has taken 520 reservations for the Model S, an all-electric family sedan that carries up to seven people and travels up to 300 miles per charge.
- Tesla to Display 1st Roadster in Minnesota at EurocarsUS The first Tesla Roadster will arrive in Eden Prairie, Minnesota on May 7th for an open house from 10 am to 4 pm on May 8th at EurocarsUS. Test drives will be available along with food, beverages and prizes, including free car detailing services.
- Tesla to Open Power Train Facility in Palo Alto, California Tesla will develop and manufacture electric vehicle components in a renovated building in the Stanford Research Park in Palo Alto.
- Tesla Unveils Model X Feb. 9, 2012 - Tesla Motors unveiled its Model X.
- Tesla Wraps Up Historic Roadster Road Trip on Schedule Starting at Tesla's retail store in sunny Los Angeles, the 2,700-mile journey was designed to raise awareness about electric cars, greet fans and owners nationwide, and prove that the Roadster is four-season rugged.
- Testimony: Energy and Water Development Appropriations Subcommittee - House BRIAN P. WYNNE PRESIDENT OF THE ELECTRIC DRIVE TRANSPORTATION ASSOCIATION SUBMITTED TO THE ENERGY AND WATER DEVELOPMENT APPROPRIATIONS SUBCOMMITTEE OF THE HOUSE APPROPRIATIONS COMMITTEE MARCH 16, 2010 The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) is the...
- Testimony: Energy and Water Development Appropriations Subcommittee - Senate TESTIMONY OF BRIAN P. WYNNE PRESIDENT OF THE ELECTRIC DRIVE TRANSPORTATION ASSOCIATION REGARDING THE FY11 DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY BUDGET SUBMITTED TO THE ENERGY AND WATER DEVELOPMENT APPROPRIATIONS SUBCOMMITTEE OF THE SENATE APPROPRIATIONS COMMITTEE March 29, 2010 The Electric Drive...
- Testimony: Energy Tax Incentives Driving the Green Job Economy STATEMENT FOR THE RECORD ELECTRIC DRIVE TRANSPORTATION ASSOCIATION BEFORE THE COMMITTEE ON WAYS AND MEANS UNITED STATES HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES ENERGY TAX INCENTIVES DRIVING THE GREEN JOB ECONOMY April 14, 2010 The Electric Drive Transportation Association, founded in...
- Testimony: Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee On June 22, 2010, EDTA President Brian Wynne testified before the U.S. Senate on Energy and Natural Resources on EDTA's vision for electric drive and on Senate bill S.3495, the Promoting Electric Vehicles Act of 2010. Testimony of Brian P. Wynne President, Electric...
- TEXAS INSTRUMENTS INTRODUCES WORKPLACE EV CHARGING WITH BLINK CHARGING STATIONS Fortune 500 company installs 46 Blink charging stations across 12 workplace locations SAN FRANCISCO – May 8, 2013 – ECOtality, Inc. (NASDAQ:ECTY), a leader in clean electric transportation, and Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN), a global semiconductor...
- The All-Electric Toyota RAV4 EV First Drive 0-60 MPH in Seven Seconds World’s Most Aerodynamic SUV
- The All-New BMW ActiveHybrid 3. The quintessential sport sedan combines with cutting-edge hybrid technology for a new dimension to The Ultimate Driving Machine TM
- The AMT launches its first public charging stations of The Electric Circuit As a founding partner of The Electric Circuit, the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) is proud to launch public charging stations for electric vehicles at its park-and-ride facilities.
- The Audi crosslane coupé makes its debut at the Paris Motor Show Audi provides a glimpse of the future shape of design, along with automotive and drive concepts, through its Audi crosslane coupé concept car. This vehicle is an entirely new fusion of technology, engineering and design, and provides pointers to the design language of Audi’s future Q models.
- The Bell Centre joins The Electric Circuit Montréal - February 21, 2013 - On behalf of the founding partners of The Electric Circuit, Hydro-Québec is pleased to confirm the signature of a partnership agreement with the Bell Centre to deploy two public charging stations for electric vehicles (EV). They will be installed in its parking...
- The best way from A to B in the capital: "moovel" goes Berlin Stuttgart/Berlin. Following its successful pilot launch in Stuttgart, the "moovel" mobility platform is set to conquer the German capital from today. The user-friendly app bundles the offers from various mobility providers to find the best way from A to B. "moovel" links private transportation and public transit. The launch version of the second pilot project provides offers from mitfahrgelegenheit.de, Verkehrsverbund Berlin-Brandenburg GmbH (VBB) and, for the first time, car2go.
- The BMW ActiveHybrid 5 Jan 28, 2012- BMW takes the development of intelligent hybrid drive systems to the next level with the introduction of the BMW ActiveHybrid 5 – another series-produced model in which a combustion engine and electric motor join forces to enhance both efficiency and the brand’s hallmark driving pleasure.
- The BMW i3 Concept Coupe BMW i3 availability, design and features. i3 Concept Coupe is BMW electric car with EV charging, clear cut design
- The Boeing Company Now Using Coulomb Technologies ChargePoint Network for Workplace Electric Vehicle Charging in Four States Mar. 14, 2012 - Coulomb Technologies today announced that The Boeing Company, the world's leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft, has installed Coulomb’s ChargePoint stations for electric vehicles (EV) on four campuses; Bellevue, Wash., Portland, Ore., El Segundo, Calif. and Mesa, Ariz.
- The Checkered Flag Le Mans 24 Hours concluded Sunday, with the world's oldest endurance race seeing a few historical firsts including a hybrid champion, as well as many technological advances.
- The City of Joliette joins The Electric Circuit Montréal, December 12, 2012 – The founding partners of The Electric Circuit–Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert, RONA, METRO, the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) and Hydro-Québec–are pleased to confirm the signature of a partnership agreement with the City of Joliette to install...
- The City of Montréal announces its intention to join The Electric Circuit Montréal, October 23, 2012 – The founding partners of The Electric Circuit–Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert, RONA, METRO, the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) and Hydro-Québec–are pleased that the City of Montréal is announcing its intention to join The Electric Circuit...
- The city of Rivière-Rouge joins The Electric Circuit Montréal, December 05, 2012 – The founding partners of The Electric Circuit—Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert, RONA, METRO, the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) and Hydro-Québec—are pleased to confirm the signature of a partnership agreement with the city of Rivière-Rouge...
- The City of Sacremento Brings Evatran’s Wireless Electric Vehicle Charging Trial to the West Coast WYTHEVILLE, Va., Dec. 17, 2012 – Evatran™, the developer of Plugless Power wireless electric vehicle charging technology, announced today that the City of Sacramento has joined its Apollo Trial Program to test wireless charging technology on its own electric vehicles (EVs). Sacramento will...
- The Cégep de Jonquière joins the Electric Circuit Montréal - April 23, 2013 - The founding partners of the Electric Circuit—Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert, RONA, METRO, the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) and Hydro-Québec—are pleased to confirm the signature of a partnership agreement with the Cégep de Jonquière to install a...
- The Cégep de Saint-Hyacinthe joins The Electric Circuit Montréal, - February 28, 2013 - The founding partners of The Electric Circuit–Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert, RONA, METRO, the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) and Hydro-Québec–are pleased to confirm the signature of a partnership agreement with the Cégep de...
- The Department of Energy Announces New Membership for the Electricity Advisory Committee Patricia Hoffman, Assistant Secretary for the Department’s Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability (OE), announced today the 2010/2011 membership of the re-established Electricity Advisory Committee (EAC).
- The Economics of Climate Change Executive Summary, STERN - June 2006 The Economics of Climate Change: Executive Summary, STERN - June 2006
- The Electric Circuit arrives in Sherbrooke Sherbrooke region becomes an electric community
- The Electric Circuit is expanding On behalf of The Electric Circuit, Hydro-Québec to coordinate a second call for tenders for the deployment of public charging station
- The Electric Circuit suppliers—AddÉnergie Technologies and AeroVironment— Montréal - April 10, 2013 – AddÉnergie Technologies, the new Electric Circuit supplier, and AeroVironment (NASDAQ: AVAV), the company that supplied the first 150 stations and network services for the public charging infrastructure, will work together to develop an integrated management...
- The Electric Circuit will expand in 2013 Montréal, January 17, 2013 - At the opening of the Montréal International Auto Show, held from January 18 to 27, 2013, at the Palais des congrès de Montréal, Hydro-Québec and The Electric Circuit’s founding partners presented very positive results for Québec’s and Canada’s first...
- The Electric Drive Transportation Association’s EVS26 Call for Papers is NOW OPEN! Research papers to be presented at the 26th International Electric Vehicle Symposium (EVS26) - Los Angeles, California, May 6-9, 2012
- The Fast Lane to the Adoption of Electric Cars, McKinsey Quarterly - February 2011 The Fast Lane to the Adoption of Electric Cars, McKinsey Quarterly - February 2011
- The First Chinese Auto Co. Enjoy Import December 19, 2012 - Recently,the first batch of three pure electric vehicles e6 have formally delivered tothe power company MEA, in Bangkok, Thailand. At the same time, BYD has alsobecome the first Chinese auto company to enter the Thai market enjoy import“zero” tariff with Form E...
- The first fuel-cell buses with hybrid technology go into regular service in Switzerland PostAuto Schweiz AG has become the first company in Switzerland to deploy fuel-cell technology for public road transport.
- The future: today in Norway OSLO, Norway – Nissan's Future: Today exhibition opened this week in the Norwegian capital, with a gathering of Nissan LEAF owners due in the city's main square on Friday night for a special event. Check out the video for a behind-the-scenes look at the event. ...
- The new BMW C evolution There have been drastic changes in the requirements for individual mobility concepts, in particular for conurbations.
- The New E-Up Wolfsburg, Germany - March 14, 2013 - Volkswagen is writing a new chapter in mobility in presenting its first fully electric production vehicle: the new e-up!. The four-seat car - which operates with nearly zero noise - is being shown at today's Annual Press and Investors Conference in...
- The New Toyota Auris – Pioneering Full Hybrid Technology Leads Debut of Smarter, Bolder and More Dynamic Product The new Auris will debut at the Paris Motor Show as the first step in Toyota’s product offensive in the C-segment
- The Recovery Act Batteries & Electric Vehicles, U.S. Department of Energy - July 14, 2010 The Recovery Act: Batteries & Electric Vehicles, U.S. Department of Energy - July 14, 2010
- The Renault-Nissan Alliance Joins Climate Action Group Arnold Schwarzenegger's R20 welcomes Alliance support The Renault-Nissan Alliance backs Vienna R20 Conference Speakers from Renault and Nissan to address delegates Fleet of electric vehicles on hand for participants to test Vienna, Austria – January 29, 2013 - The...
- The Renault-Nissan Alliance Signs Agreement (MOU) with the Government of Costa Rica to Introduce THE Zero-Emissions Mobility Feb. 28, 2012 - The Renault – Nissan Alliance and the government of Costa Rica inform that they have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to introduce the zero-emissions Nissan LEAF in that country.
- The Société des Etablissements de Plein Air du Québec joins The Electric Circuit Montréal, October 11, 2012 – The founding partners of The Electric Circuit—Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert, RONA, METRO, the Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) and Hydro-Québec—are pleased to announce the signing of a partnership agreement with the Société des...
- The Solar Electric Vehicle Company Brings Eco-Friendly Public Transportation to The Chicago Botanic Garden The Solar Electric Vehicle Company, LLC is providing its exclusive 14 passenger Solar Electric People Mover to the Chicago Botanic Garden as part of the opening of the Garden’s Daniel F. and Ada L. Rice Plant Conservation Science Center.
- The Strategic Cooperation Between Daimler and the Renault-Nissan Alliance Forms Agreement with Ford to Accelerate Commercialization of Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle Technology Daimler AG, Ford Motor Company and Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., have signed a unique three-way agreement for the joint development of common fuel cell system to speed up availability of zero-emission technology and significantly reduce investment costs Collaboration expected to lead to launch...
- The Toyota Hybrid Monopoly Ride Experience Coming to the 2012 Chicago Auto Show Feb 02, 2012 - Toyota and Hasbro are teaming up to bring the Toyota Hybrid MONOPOLY Ride Experience to the Chicago Auto Show, February 8-19.
- The Transportation of the Future, Here Today What is electric drive? How does it work? Learn more here: Battery electric vehicles Extended-Range electric vehicles Fuel Cell electric vehicles Plug-in Hybrid electric vehicles Hybrid electric vehicles Medium/Heavy duty vehicles Neighborhood...
- The U.S. Army's $7 billion renewable energy plan and the opportunity for energy storage NB: this post was initially published on A123 Systems' blog As we written about previously, the Defense Department continues to revamp its energy strategy with a goal of getting 25 percent of its energy from renewable sources by 2025. This should...
- The world Championship in fuel-efficient driving: Frank Zauft achieved 49.9 mpg on new Jetta Hybrid Californian wins VW fuel-efficiency contest at 49.9 mpg with Volkswagen Passat Hybrid
- Theodore F. Craver, Jr. Named Co-Chairman of the Electric Drive Transportation Association Theodore F. Craver, Jr. Named Co-Chairman of the Electric Drive Transportation Association
- THINK to Begin Selling City Electric Car in New York Today, pioneering electric car company THINK announced plans to begin selling the THINK City, one of the world's first highway-capable electric vehicles (EVs), in New York and other select cities later this year. THINK and the U.S. Department of Energy's local Clean Cities chapter are working together to bring the THINK City electric vehicle to customers in New York.
- Three New Organizations Join, Increase Depth of EDTA Membership Includes Real Power, Vermont Energy Investment Corporation and Northern Virginia Community College
- Three Toyota Models Selected as Best Family Cars of 2012 Prius v, Camry and Sienna Make the Annual Parents Magazine and Edmunds.com List
- TMC Announces Status of Its Environmental Technology Development, Future Plans 21 Toyota Hybrids to be Launched by End of 2015, Newly Developed “eQ” EV Revealed
- TMC Develops Mutual Power Supply System for Electric Vehicles and Homes Tests to Start in Toyota City at End of 2012
- TMC Holds Ceremony to Mark Completion of PHV Demonstration Project in Strasbourg, France Toyota City, Japan - April 11, 2013 - Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) announces that it today completed its three-year plug-in hybrid vehicle (PHV) demonstration project jointly carried out with Électricité de France (EDF) and the City and the Urban Community of Strasbourg in France....
- TMC Installs Electric Mobility Sharing Station at Toyota City, Japan, - May 7, 2013 - Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) announces that it has installed a Smart Mobility Park electric mobility charging station at Toyota Ecoful Town, its low-carbon society model district located in Toyota City. Toyota is a member of...
- TMC Names 2012 Environmental Grant Recipients Toyota City, Japan, November 20, 2012— Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) names 19 projects today that are to receive grants under the Toyota Environmental Activities Grant Program for 2012. Since its start in 2000, the program has provided support to 233 projects in 50 countries and...
- TMC to Conduct PHV and EV Charger Infrastructure Verification Tests in Japan Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) will carry out a series of verification tests in Aichi Prefecture, Japan from November 2012 to March 2013 to assess various practicalities of the widespread deployment of standard chargers1 for plug-in hybrid vehicles (PHVs) and electric vehicles (EVs).
- TMC to Participate in Joint Smart Grid Pilot Project in Indiana, U.S. Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC), in cooperation with major United States utility company Duke Energy and non-profit industry initiative Energy Systems Network* (ESN), will participate in a joint smart-grid pilot project in Indiana, the United States.
- TMC to Premiere 'Toyota i-Road' Personal Mobility Concept at 2013 Geneva Motor Show Toyota City, Japan, - March 4, 2013 - Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) will debut the "Toyota i-Road" personal mobility concept at the 83rd Geneva International Motor Show to be held in Geneva, Switzerland from March 5 through 17. The concept, a three-wheeler with...
- TMC to Sell Electricity Management System Using Recycled Hybrid Vehicle Batteries to Toyota Dealers in Japan Toyota City, Japan, January 23, 2013 - Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) announces that starting this April, it will sell an electricity management system that uses recycled nickel-metal hydride batteries from hybrid vehicles to Toyota vehicle dealers throughout Japan. Through such means,...
- TODA America Joins Electric Drive Transportation Association Washington, DC — February 1, 2013 — The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA), the leading industry association dedicated to promoting electric drive as a core technology on the road to sustainable mobility, recently welcomed new member company TODA America. ...
- Tony Posawatz Named Co-Chairman of EDTA “General Motors is a founding Board member of EDTA and I am pleased to lead the association during this time of tremendous advances in the electric drive industry,” says Tony Posawatz.
- Top Industry Leaders to Speak at Electric Vehicle Symposium in Los Angeles Mar. 14, 2012 - More than 100 exhibitors, 200 presenters, and approximately 3,000 electric drive industry leaders, government representatives and energy officials will participate in the 26th International Electric Vehicle Symposium in Los Angeles at the L.A. Convention Center on May 6 - 9, 2012.
- Top U.S. Energy Experts Visiting Israel to Learn about Cutting-Edge Green Technology Project Interchange/AJC seminar fostering business collaboration with Israeli Solar, Water, Energy Technologies
- Toronto Hydro introduces the first urban community energy storage project The Evolution of a Battery - From a Car to Your Home TORONTO - January 21, 2013 - A consortium led by eCAMION Inc. (“eCAMION”) with Toronto Hydro-Electric System Limited (“Toronto Hydro”), the University of Toronto, and Dow Kokam LLC has unveiled the first energy...
- Toronto Hydro introduces the first urban community energy storage project The Evolution of a Battery - From a Car to Your Home TORONTO — January 21, 2013 - A consortium led by eCAMION Inc. (“eCAMION”) with Toronto Hydro-Electric System Limited (“Toronto Hydro”), the University of Toronto, and Dow Kokam LLC has unveiled the first energy storage system...
- Totalcarscore.com names Nissan Leaf the best car for commuting FRANKLIN, Tenn. (Sept. 18, 2012) – Need to get from point A to point B in the most fuel-efficient and convenient way possible? TotalCarScore.com suggests hopping in a 100-percent electric Nissan LEAF, which it recently named the No. 1 car for commuting. TotalCarScore.com is a...
- Toyota all-electric 2012 RAV4 EV rolls into California Toyota RAV 4 EV EPA rated driving range of 103 miles and 76 MPGe combined, with special financing & lease program available, on sale the week of September 24th, 2012.
- Toyota and Lexus honor the entertainment industry’s Environmental excellence at the 22nd Annual Environmental Media Awards TORRANCE, Calif., (Sept. 28, 2012) – Toyota and Lexus are once again celebrating the entertainment industry’s environmental efforts as the presenting sponsors of the Environmental Media Awards on Saturday, Sept. 29. In its 22nd year, the annual event honors film and television productions...
- Toyota Announces 2013 Model Year Prices for Camry and Camry Hybrid, Prius c and Scion xB TORRANCE, Calif., Dec. 7, 2012 – Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today announced manufacturer’s suggested retail prices (MSRP) for the 2013 Camry and Camry Hybrid mid-size sedans, Prius c hybrid sub-compact and the Scion xB, urban utility vehicle. ...
- Toyota announces next-generation communications-linked concept model Toyota Smart INSECT is an ultra-compact, single-passenger electric vehicle with motion sensors, voice recognition and behavior prediction.
- Toyota Announces North American Organizational Changes Mar. 16, 2012 - Various organizational changes will take effect April 1, as the company moves to further streamline its structure in North America in order to speed decision-making and further enhance customer satisfaction.
- Toyota Announces Pricing for 2012 Prius c Feb 8, 2012 - Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc. today announced manufacturer’s suggested retail prices (MSRP) for the all-new 2012 Prius c which extends Toyota’s Hybrid Synergy Drive to the subcompact segment. This dynamically styled, five-door hatchback will arrive at Toyota dealerships in March 2012.
- Toyota Announces Pricing for 2013 Avalon TORRANCE, Calif., Oct. 30, 2012 – Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today announced manufacturer’s suggested retail prices (MSRP) for the all-new 2013 Avalon premium mid-size sedan. For 2013, this five passenger flagship sedan is available with gasoline V6 and Hybrid Synergy Drive...
- Toyota begins testing optimized urban transport system Toyota City, Japan, October 1, 2012—Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC), in cooperation with the Toyota City municipal government, transportation companies and others 1 , began tests here today of an optimized urban transportation system called "Ha:mo" 2 . The system will select optimal...
- Toyota brings hybrids to the living room as first automaker on HSN TORRANCE, Calif., Oct. 8, 2012 – Toyota introduced its all-new Avalon Hybrid and its hybrid vehicle lineup into millions of living rooms across America on Sunday, Oct. 7, with a “Discover Toyota” showcase that aired on multichannel retailer HSN at 12 noon, 4 p.m. and 9 p.m. EDT....
- Toyota Celebrates 10 Years of Prius Ten years ago Toyota launched a new kind of car in North America. It was the Prius, an affordable car with a hybrid gas/electric powertrain.
- Toyota celebrates 35 years of research and development in the United States ANN ARBOR, Mich., (Oct. 24, 2012) – Toyota Technical Center (TTC), a division of Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing North America, Inc., will celebrate its 35th Anniversary with team members and executives this week at locations in Michigan, Arizona and California. Toyota Technical...
- Toyota Confirms Prius Plug-In's Eligibility for an Additional State of California Consumer Incentive and Its EPA Mileage Rating Feb. 27, 2012 - As the 2012 Prius Plug-in models begin to arrive at dealerships, Toyota Motor Sales, Inc. announces that it has been approved for the State of California’s Clean Vehicle Rebate Program (CVRP).
- Toyota Debuts Integrated Marketing Campaign for All-New Prius c Mar. 12, 2012 - Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A., Inc., along with its agency of record, Saatchi & Saatchi LA, today launched the marketing campaign for the Prius c, the newest member of the Prius Family.
- Toyota Earns Three 'Top Scoring Car Awards' in First Annual Total Car Score Rankings Toyota was named the winner in three automotive categories in the first annual Total Car Score “Top Scoring Car Awards” rankings.
- Toyota Fuel Cell Vehicle Demonstration Program Expands Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. (TMS) announced that more than 100 Toyota Fuel Cell Hybrid Vehicle – Advanced (FCHV-adv) vehicles will be placed in a nationwide demonstration program over the next three years.
- Toyota launches Canada’s first Certified Used Hybrid Vehicle program Program ensures Canadians can buy the most proven, most popular hybrids with confidence
- Toyota Motor Sales Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A. (TMS) Inc. is the sales, marketing, distribution and customer service arm of Toyota, Lexus and Scion in the United States. Their enduring mission is to contribute to society and the economy by designing and building clean, safe and innovative vehicles, while respecting the environment and the culture of the local communities in which they operate. Toyota President Fujio Cho says environmentally advanced cars are no longer an option, but a necessity. "Automakers that deliver practical, greener products will command the market in the 21st century," he adds, noting that Toyota plans to remain at the forefront in development of greener vehicles. Already, Toyota is the recognized leader in hybrid technology.
- Toyota Motorsport GmbH Breaks Pikes Peak Electric Record TOYOTA Motorsport GmbH (TMG) has made another step forward for electric vehicles by setting a new electric record at the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb in Colorado, United States.
- Toyota Motorsport GmbH Brings Electric Technology to Pikes Peak Toyota Motorsport GmbH (TMG) will demonstrate its high-performance electric powertrain technology on one of North America’s most demanding motorsport events; the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb in Colorado on 8 July.
- Toyota powers-up first of its kind stationary fuel cell TORRANCE, Calif., Oct. 17, 2012 – Furthering its commitment to alternative energy and the environment, Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. (TMS) activated today a new 1.1-megawatt hydrogen fuel cell generator on the Torrance headquarters campus. The fuel cell will supply approximately half of...
- Toyota Prius Plug-In model helping propel hybrid cause Over 6000 Toyota Plug-In Hybrids Sold After 6 Months. Customers Maximizing EV Range for Savings.
- Toyota Produces 25 Millionth North American-Built Vehicle Milestone Coincides With Start of Production of All-New Avalon
- Toyota Racing Reveals Updated TS030 Hybrid for 2013 February 19, 2013 - TOYOTA Racing today unveiled the revised TS030 HYBRID car which will spearhead the team's quest for victory in the Le Mans 24 Hours and the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) this season. Toyota is a member of the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA)...
- Toyota to Debut All New RAV4 EV at EVS26 Toyota’s news conference will be held on Monday, May 7 at noon in the West Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- Toyota to Expand Lexus RX Production in Canada $100 Million Investment to Create Approximately 400 North Jobs
- Toyota to Feature Technology, Safety Innovations at 2012 Chicago Auto Show Feb 1, 2012 - Toyota will be providing Chicagoans with a glimpse of the future at this year’s Chicago Auto Show, courtesy of the Prius “family,” a number of environmentally-conscious concept vehicles and a pair of interactive safety displays.
- Toyota To Hire 150 Engineers at R&D Tech Center in 2012 Toyota Technical Center (TTC), a division of Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing, North America, Inc., (TEMA), announced today that the company will hire approximately 150 engineers, technicians, advanced researchers and scientists by the end of 2012.
- Toyota to participate in 19th ITS World Congres Toyota City, Japan, October 15, 2012—Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) will host a corporate display booth at the 19th ITS World Congress in Vienna, Austria from October 22 through October 26, 2012. The ITS World Congress is the world's largest ITS-related international conference....
- Toyota to Sell Approaching Vehicle Audible System for 'Prius' Toyota Motor Corporation announces that, in line with its efforts to ensure an ever-safer traffic environment, it will begin sales on August 30 of an onboard device designed to alert pedestrians and others audibly to the presence of a quiet vehicle, such as a gasoline-electric hybrid.
- Toyota Unveils Compact Dedicated Hybrid Concept, Reveals Future Plan for 'Prius Family' North American Marketing Strategy The FT-CH is a concept that would address Toyota’s stated strategy to offer a wider variety of conventional hybrid choices to its customers, as it begins to introduce plug-in hybrids (PHVs) and battery electrics (BEVs) in model year 2012, and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles (FCHVs) in 2015 in global markets.
- Toyota’s $1,000 Rebate Program for College Graduates Now Includes the New Prius c Toyota Financial Services (TFS), in partnership with Toyota Motor Sales, is excited to announce that the new Prius c is the first hybrid vehicle option available to recent college graduates who want to take advantage of the company’s College Grad Rebate Program.
- Toyota’s Prius and Highlander Hybrid Earn U.S. News and World Report’s Best Cars for Families Awards TORRANCE, Calif - March 12, 2013 – The Toyota Prius and Highlander Hybrid have garnered category honors as part of U.S. News and World Report’s Best Cars for Families awards. The 2013 Toyota Prius took top honors in the Best Hatchback for Families category, while the 2013 Highlander Hybrid...
- Transitions to Alternative Transportation Technologies, PHEVs, National Acadamies Press - January 2010 Transitions to Alternative Transportation Technologies, PHEVs, National Acadamies Press - January 2010
- Transmission, Renewables Integration Top List of Issues in Ten-Year Electric Reliability Outlook Key issues such as transmission siting, cyber security, integration of renewables, climate policy, and the “smart” grid will require changes to policy, planning, and operations over the next ten years, announced the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) in its 2009 Long-Term Reliability Assessment.
- Travel restrictions apply, or do they? How far can an electric vehicle travel? PARIS – Perhaps the biggest misconception surrounding electric vehicles is that they can’t go very far… at least, that’s what the people of Paris seem to think. Are they right, or have they got it hopelessly wrong? Renault’s Thomas Orsini and Olivier Paturet from Nissan...
- Treasury, Energy Announce Guidance for Tax Treatment of Smart Grid Investment Grants With the determination that Smart Grid Investment Grants to corporations are non-taxable, corporate utilities will be able to launch their investments with a clear indication of the tax status for their projects.
- Troutman Sanders LLP Troutman Sanders LLP is an international law firm with more than 650 lawyers and 16 offices in North America, Europe and Asia. Founded in 1897, the firm’s heritage of extensive experience, exceptional responsiveness and an unwavering commitment to service has garnered strong, long-standing relationships with clients across the globe. These clients range from multinational corporations to individual entrepreneurs, federal and state agencies to foreign governments, and non-profit organizations to businesses representing virtually every sector and industry. Troutman Sanders lawyers provide counsel and advice in practically every aspect of civil and commercial law related to the firm’s core practice areas: Corporate, Finance, Litigation, Public Law and Real Estate. With more than 50 practice groups focused on specific aspects of these areas, the firm is defined by its considerable knowledge base and proactive approach to addressing legal and business challenges.
- Turning over a new LEAF PARIS – The Paris Motor Show, which runs until 14 October, isn't just a static exhibition. Thanks to the zero emissions produced by electric vehicles, one of the halls of the vast Parc des Expositions has been converted into a test track. We caught up...
- Turning up the heat: Argonne’s thermal cell facility puts vehicles to the test Argonne National Laboratory’s world-class Advanced Powertrain Research Facility (APRF) now includes a thermal chamber that can deliver temperatures ranging from frigid cold to sweltering heat. For electric-drive vehicles, scientists can observe how extreme temperatures influence the functioning of battery packs, as well as battery cooling and heating systems. Armed with this information, they can search for ways to improve battery life and energy delivery.
- TVA Among Top Utilities for Economic Development for Seventh Straight Year KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – The Tennessee Valley Authority has been named for the seventh consecutive year as one of Site Selection magazine’s top 10 North American utilities for achievement in economic development. The publication recognizes TVA’s fiscal year 2011 work with...
- TVA Forum Promotes Electric Vehicle Network in Tennessee Leaders from federal, state and local governments, the automotive industry and electric utilities met Wednesday in Tennessee – soon to host what is believed to be one of the nation's largest electric vehicle charging networks – to discuss a national transition to electric transportation.
- Two Additional Partners Trialing Plugless Power™ Wireless Electric Vehicle Electric vehicle wireless charging: Google and the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) join Evatran's Apollo Program, the first Program to test and demonstrate wireless charging capability for passenger vehicles with Plugless Power.
- Two East Coast Colleges Order Azure Dynamics Shuttle Buses Azure Dynamics Corporation announced that its shuttle buses will service student and faculty needs at both the College of Staten Island and the University of Fairfield. The two CitiBuses will be delivered in late September for the fall semester.
- TXU Energy and City of Dallas Take Charge with Electric Vehicles in Dallas Feb. 27, 2012 - They're here. They're powered. And, they're free for a year.
- U.S. Athletes Go for